Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2015, 06:51 PM   #2001
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatchetOPB View Post
I disagree with this read (unless you are telling the truth about the peek, obviously). Not that Riki isn't asking questions and whatnot, but I don't think anything in there is worthy of a townread from me personally.
this is the post that made you think ratchet was the cop?
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:55 PM   #2002
Slendy
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 425
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

This is me asking originally, and the answer: (you win, you actually made me open your ISO -.-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
Banks, back when you said you Townread Ratchet for the consecutive solo-posts. Why did you ignore my counterpoint EoD1, and then only notify it D2?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
Been afk for a bit orange is the new black is ****ing amazing.

EoD1 I thought ratchet was the cop. I don't remember what your point was but I remember thinking it was good but ratchet still had cop equity so I didn't want to push on him. I try to protect the cop in whatever way i can in a game. Last game I thought Yates was the cop so I made a ****ty case on him day 1 so that way he would have scum on him.

I really did think ratchet was townie from those posts but I thought moreso she was cop.
This is the response today:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
I think it was a great reason if I have a strong cop read on someone (He was my most likely with Riki as second) I will follow that because the cop is our most valuable asset. I agree upon days end without him claiming or anything he was WAY less likely to be cop in my books or he had nerves of steal. However when the move started. I wasn't ready for it when there was 3 people I had as WAY scummier than that.
Does seem like polishing, to me.
Slendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:56 PM   #2003
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

if you had a strong cop read on him why did you still say you'd rather lynch him over cue if given the choice?
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 07:00 PM   #2004
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Also, Achro is not seer hunt clear.That's not the reason you should be townreading him.
If road is scum then Achro should be as a good as SHC for that post imo.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 07:02 PM   #2005
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
this is the post that made you think ratchet was the cop?
I believe so.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 07:03 PM   #2006
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Yeah it was done in a much larger post but the way he responded to it was like "gross read but I'll entertain the cop thing" It was a tone read and very odd of him to point out unless he wasn't afraid out outing a potential cop because he phrased it as "your peek"
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 07:03 PM   #2007
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
if you had a strong cop read on him why did you still say you'd rather lynch him over cue if given the choice?
I was more sure that cue was villager than ratchet was cop.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 07:08 PM   #2008
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
You think Riki is town for effort? Scum!Riki puts a ton of effort into analysis toDay because, if he doesn't, there's a fair chance he dies here.
Correct town at least my feelings about today are this game is very close to being on auto. We have doc/achro/fonti/myself (obviously I have me) leaving 5 outside. If you have 1 more town in that group then you have yourself. This is assuming town reads on achro/fonti. Slendy is my town outside. So at that point it is an auto game. For style I'm going to try to lynch the scum in order but thats a hard uphill battle for scum they have to REALLY work hard to push a lynch on one of me fonti/slendy assuming we're all town. If scum was in that circle then they probably are going to be very hard to get lynched.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 07:17 PM   #2009
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
Nice!
I dont know what to make of this post. I'm considering what Scum!Banks can ever gain from reading me town in this spot. Keeping me in the game, having me as an easy mislynch later?

And yes, I dont think anyone would consider you an easy target, lol. I still think my points are true (which I will elaborate on later). Can you short explain your progression on your read on me this game?

I have had an odd feeling about this, but i fakepeeked you so wasnt able to ask you a lot during most of d1 and d2
My full progression on you was that I thought you sounded different from last game then you town read me when I lightly town read you for something I don't recall. I think was scum reading you for town reading me so fast and then not being around very much.

After the EoD and you not being there and a town dying I had you as scummy for not caring about the EoD at the time I was under the assumption Ratchet still might have been town/cop so in my mind that made anyone less likely to be around as scummy.

Then MSU outed and I thought you were still scummy and in PoE and you were pushing a case on me then when I was taking a shower I think that you might be town again.

I probably missed some stuff but thats how I remember it. Right now I think I want to read your posts that feeling in the shower has fleeted away its probably still true but I don't have teh same "OH ****" this is right moment as before.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 07:18 PM   #2010
DocEspana
enthusiast
 
DocEspana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 78
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
I definitely understand this point of view. As Mafia things tend to line up as planned so you're more apt to look good because you always know exactly whats going on. As town you're more apt to do what myself or Fonti (Who I think is town) did and be screaming for a town to die at EoD1.

Actually I mean it less that they have the advantage of being mafia. That maybe makes them make fewer mistakes too.

But I mean now, in the last day or two. When they are having evert move cross analyzed. Their responses NOW will be too perfect. They'll always have a good reason for what they did. Not because they know more than us. But because their real reason is "this person is a villager I want dead and I was trying to speed that process up". But they can't say that. They have to make up a reason they felt something. But when you're making up reaaons it's easy to respond to every accusation with sound logic. Easy to see the accusation and get around it, because you're just making uo whatever suits your defense the best.

Real villagers only have so many logical thoughts. If they are pushed really hard like road is being, the accusers will eventually punch holes in the logic because.... well... people are irrational sometimes. And a few good thoughts can drive 100 posts. But a few good thoughts can't defend 100 questions about those 100 posts. A villager eventutally says "this was my logic. That's what I said because of it." Because eventually "we" ask question their logic can't explain. Wolves always have a good response because their logic is made up and fluid on a question by question basis.
DocEspana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 07:25 PM   #2011
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocEspana View Post
Actually I mean it less that they have the advantage of being mafia. That maybe makes them make fewer mistakes too.

But I mean now, in the last day or two. When they are having evert move cross analyzed. Their responses NOW will be too perfect. They'll always have a good reason for what they did. Not because they know more than us. But because their real reason is "this person is a villager I want dead and I was trying to speed that process up". But they can't say that. They have to make up a reason they felt something. But when you're making up reaaons it's easy to respond to every accusation with sound logic. Easy to see the accusation and get around it, because you're just making uo whatever suits your defense the best.

Real villagers only have so many logical thoughts. If they are pushed really hard like road is being, the accusers will eventually punch holes in the logic because.... well... people are irrational sometimes. And a few good thoughts can drive 100 posts. But a few good thoughts can't defend 100 questions about those 100 posts. A villager eventutally says "this was my logic. That's what I said because of it." Because eventually "we" ask question their logic can't explain. Wolves always have a good response because their logic is made up and fluid on a question by question basis.
I see what you're saying.

dorian
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 07:26 PM   #2012
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

I don't.
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 07:41 PM   #2013
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
I don't.
I could probably ask you 100 questions about why you voted for cue and 80 of them you might be able to answer through logic but sometimes that just won't get the last 20.

Like for me I thought that ratchet was the cop. I can show you the post thought about what it meant to me at the time thought about why. My logic made sense to me so I went with it. If I was scum I'd probably have a MUCH cleaner answer for why I was voting how I did. I'd have seen what was happening and had to think of answers for question as they're asked because I didn't really has the pure thoughts.

Like if you're asking questions about interpretation a scum could almost always answer in a good way where a town might not have the perfect interpretation because town isn't always using the best logic.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 07:47 PM   #2014
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Fair enough.

Are you going to explain the dorian vote toDay?
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 07:47 PM   #2015
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Oh a bit of tinfoil on fonti for something that happened in a video mafia game she relentlessly called me mafia day 1 when I was town and a confirm-able role and didn't do much else. Kinda makes me worried about this game but I want to think she'd be more careful about those two things occurring during the same time if she was scum in this game.

This can be viewed when I'm dead and gone if you haven't won and she is still around. I still think she is town and probably shouldn't be reevaluated for the moment. Even if she did what I'm saying I think she RARELY kills cue in the night.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 07:48 PM   #2016
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Fair enough.

Are you going to explain the dorian vote toDay?
Nah just thoguht I'd leave it there and bail.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 07:48 PM   #2017
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

I might have done it in that game because of this game (OGI, OGI, OGI).
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 07:51 PM   #2018
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
I might have done it in that game because of this game (OGI, OGI, OGI).
IT was so bad. Just like your cue vote was so bad. I'm confident you will get more obvious as the game progresses if you're a wolf especially if I'm still around. So not too worried about it right now.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 07:51 PM   #2019
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

That's not OGI btw thats meta. OGI would be talking about this game in that game or in private.

Talking about a past game in this game is fine
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 07:54 PM   #2020
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
To clarify, THIS:seems like the bit where road has TMI-slipped with regards to Ratchet and the cue hit; pointing out that having cue alive would be extra incentive to lynch Ratchet, but since cue is gone that 'incentive' is gone because 'no real information to gain'.
I like this.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 07:55 PM   #2021
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Nah, the way I used meta from an ongoing game in an ongoing game was OGI. It happens a lot when I'm playing games at the same time with the same people. Also, ouch.

Anyway, you do see the problem with your Dorian vote, right? You went straight from talking to Doc about how town can't also explain their votes well to making an unexplained vote that doesn't fit with your previous logic. You cannot be that obvious.
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 07:59 PM   #2022
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Nah, the way I used meta from an ongoing game in an ongoing game was OGI. It happens a lot when I'm playing games at the same time with the same people. Also, ouch.

Anyway, you do see the problem with your Dorian vote, right? You went straight from talking to Doc about how town can't also explain their votes well to making an unexplained vote that doesn't fit with your previous logic. You cannot be that obvious.
I wasn't voting anyone. I haven't talked a lot about my suspects except in general sense the MSU reveal and me reading ratchet for spew (which I haven't posted a real synopsis of.

The only way we lose a game like this is complacency. Maybe I have a reason for voting dorian maybe I don't. Maybe i think hes lock clear or lock wolf. I obviously will expand more later but I want to have the vote there for a reason.

How come you didn't react to my answer to the ratchet being cop for the check on on riki not making sense thing? I kinda thought you were having the moment I did.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 08:00 PM   #2023
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Nah, the way I used meta from an ongoing game in an ongoing game was OGI. It happens a lot when I'm playing games at the same time with the same people. Also, ouch.

Anyway, you do see the problem with your Dorian vote, right? You went straight from talking to Doc about how town can't also explain their votes well to making an unexplained vote that doesn't fit with your previous logic. You cannot be that obvious.
To add on. My vote on dorian had little to do with what I was saying to doc. I'm just not a spammer so I wanted it in one post. (that or I had to go because the phone rang at work)
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 08:01 PM   #2024
ChampionsMod
old hand
 
ChampionsMod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,472
Exclamation Vote Count

Votes from post 1743 to post 2023
Night in 23:59:54

---
VotesLynchVoters
4 road dorian78 (15), Riki (64), Slendy (61), fontisian (23)
2 dorian78 DocEspana (15), TehBankertin (43)
3 not voting Achromatic (18), bhuber2010 (7), road (26)
ChampionsMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 08:02 PM   #2025
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: Vote Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionsMod View Post
Votes from post 1743 to post 2023
Night in 23:59:54

---
VotesLynchVoters
4 road dorian78 (15), Riki (64), Slendy (61), fontisian (23)
2 dorian78 DocEspana (15), TehBankertin (43)
3 not voting Achromatic (18), bhuber2010 (7), road (26)
I feel like doc has said a lot in his 15 posts. Not the same feeling from dorian.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive