Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2015, 03:34 PM   #1976
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
NO! my focus with that post was on the FORMER wagons. Not the actually eod wagons. I argued why that was important and I STILL think it is. Ratchet was not a wagon earlier therefore i left him out of the ppl i would focus on. (well i ended up doing like no work on those ppl in the end, but hat is just due to me not having enough time)
explain your logic behind why you think it makes more sense to resolve the former wagons before resolving the actual eod wagons
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 03:41 PM   #1977
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
Ignoring Ratchet entirely in favour of focusing on the four earlier wagons, which probably were all Town and your Scumpartner's username starts with a B.
fwiw bhuber was one of the four wagons he mentioned, but not one of the ones he said he would focus on
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 03:43 PM   #1978
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
2) i was just aware that i thought there some similar things - but it was like such a smallish feeling that i didnt even putted him on scumlist. for some reason his style was not one i paid particular notice to
is that similar to how coolkid played in game 3?

if you realized this wouldn't that make you want to make a conscious effort to pay more attention to his posts
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 04:01 PM   #1979
ChampionsMod
old hand
 
ChampionsMod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,472
Exclamation Vote Count

Votes from post 1743 to post 1978
Night in 27:59:56

---
VotesLynchVoters
4 road dorian78 (15), Riki (62), Slendy (55), fontisian (17)
1 dorian78 DocEspana (12)
4 not voting Achromatic (18), bhuber2010 (7), road (26), TehBankertin (16)
ChampionsMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 04:40 PM   #1980
Slendy
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 425
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
fwiw bhuber was one of the four wagons he mentioned, but not one of the ones he said he would focus on
Right, thanks for the clarification.
Slendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:01 PM   #1981
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Oh there is posting much happy

I'm at work going to read what I've missed.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:03 PM   #1982
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Road

I'll just casually make this a runaway lynch train. Choo choo.
all aboard eh?
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:06 PM   #1983
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
i skimmed all of road's day 1/day 2/some of day 3 posts from game 3

first surface level observation is that he has said stuff like "i know this makes me look bad" or "i know i'm exposing myself as scum in regards to your reasoning" multiple times in this game, and made approximately zero similar posts to the above in the previous game

like most of the time that he's said something like the above has been after returning to the thread after being afk for a while, and he had similar periods of inactivity in the previous game (since people sleep and stuff) and wasn't nearly as apologetic or self-conscious there
It interesting. I didn't remember that from before. I will say this about road he was cop last game so potentially his game as cop/vt would be very different. However the apologetic nature is odd. I have been admittedly very lazy today. I kind of wanted to see where other people end up on spew analysis without the voices of myself and achro and you.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:08 PM   #1984
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

No brakes.

Could you quote a post that made you think Ratchet was the cop and explain why?
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:09 PM   #1985
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
Nah it would be useful to hear the outdated reads from you as well, bhuber, as you ketchup.

PoE is getting narrower and you're at the top of the list of people the playerbase wants to see flip.
This phrasing is so weird.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:10 PM   #1986
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
No brakes.

Could you quote a post that made you think Ratchet was the cop and explain why?
Yeah its his day 1 when I asked him why he read my reads as good or not good and he expanded upon each of my reads after I prompted him.

Let me catchup I only have this page left to go.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:13 PM   #1987
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

To Expand if I remember right I asked him why he liked me for my reads when I felt his and mine weren't REALLY aligning that much and to expand on them.

In the expansion the way he commented on my cop check on riki was SUPER weird like a someone who didn't believe it at all. Like he was tossing it away as why is this person claiming cop.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:16 PM   #1988
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Wait what.

You thought Ratchet knew your town peek on Riki was fake?
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:23 PM   #1989
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Wait what.

You thought Ratchet knew your town peek on Riki was fake?
correct. I think we're having the same thought (that I've been thinking for a day now)
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:24 PM   #1990
Slendy
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 425
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
To Expand if I remember right I asked him why he liked me for my reads when I felt his and mine weren't REALLY aligning that much and to expand on them.

In the expansion the way he commented on my cop check on riki was SUPER weird like a someone who didn't believe it at all. Like he was tossing it away as why is this person claiming cop.
Not a good enough reason to refuse to consider Ratchet as a Lynch when they haven't breadcrumbed or softclaimed while under pressure in the slightest. Cops defend WAY differently if CFD'd the way Ratchet was CFD'd, and we both know that.

But you're right, Ratchet probably didn't believe your cop check on riki in the slightest.
Slendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:29 PM   #1991
Slendy
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 425
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
correct. I think we're having the same thought (that I've been thinking for a day now)
If you've been thinking it for a day, what was the reason you didn't want to consider PlausiblyCop!Ratchet as the Lynch EoD1?
Slendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:30 PM   #1992
Slendy
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 425
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

As in, what was the reason/post D1, not 24 hours ago.
Slendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:35 PM   #1993
DocEspana
enthusiast
 
DocEspana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 78
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

A thought.

Someone getting nailed as hard as road is being nailed will change up their story and have 500 different reasons got everything if they are a wolf. Maybe not at first, but eventually a wolf will have to address the attacks and retroactively change their "internal logic " so that it fits each accusation and diffuses it best.

When someone is getting nailed like this, wolves defend themselves against specific arguments better than villagers. Villagers are logically consistent, but that means they do stuff they can't defend spectacularly (or they defend by saying "hey, refer back to what I said before. I did it for the same reason and it doesn't look as good in this post but it's the same reason.")

Around this time it is appropriate to look at all of roads responses to questions coming at him from 100 different angles and see if he always has a well reasoned logic for every move (wolf suspicious. No one knows and prepares for every analysis) or if he has a few consistent ideas and sometimes he looks a bit hamstrung by his own logic (which is villagerish at this level of play since at some point we will find ways to break the actual logic used. And that's okay. It's because no logic holds up to infinite analysis).

I thibk he is being a bit too perfect at defending himself but I wasn't looking at it with that analytical approach to avoid biasing myself early.
DocEspana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:37 PM   #1994
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
Not a good enough reason to refuse to consider Ratchet as a Lynch when they haven't breadcrumbed or softclaimed while under pressure in the slightest. Cops defend WAY differently if CFD'd the way Ratchet was CFD'd, and we both know that.

But you're right, Ratchet probably didn't believe your cop check on riki in the slightest.
I think it was a great reason if I have a strong cop read on someone (He was my most likely with Riki as second) I will follow that because the cop is our most valuable asset. I agree upon days end without him claiming or anything he was WAY less likely to be cop in my books or he had nerves of steal. However when the move started. I wasn't ready for it when there was 3 people I had as WAY scummier than that.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:38 PM   #1995
DocEspana
enthusiast
 
DocEspana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 78
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Since I'm heading into work I'll be popping in to see what you guys find. But someone should do this for me, please. I'm gonna be way busy on my shift today. And quoting hundreds of posts is more your Forte anyway. I read once or twice and trust my general feel of the bigger picture and pattern recognition rather than the verbatim.
DocEspana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:38 PM   #1996
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
If you've been thinking it for a day, what was the reason you didn't want to consider PlausiblyCop!Ratchet as the Lynch EoD1?
I think riki is mafia and thats why Ratchet didn't believe my check THATS what I've been thinking about for a day. The cop thing has been on my mind sense that post until end of day.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:43 PM   #1997
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
As in, what was the reason/post D1, not 24 hours ago.
I obviously don't still think he's cop read my post
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:44 PM   #1998
Slendy
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 425
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
I think riki is mafia and thats why Ratchet didn't believe my check THATS what I've been thinking about for a day. The cop thing has been on my mind sense that post until end of day.
With Mafia!Riki realizing start of D2 that Ratchet was a turrrribly likely investigation-target, do you agree with me that if road flips Mafia, Riki giving the critical push to the road-wagon before MSU's claim would've been such a -EVplay for Mafia that a road/Riki -pair is implausible?
Slendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:45 PM   #1999
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocEspana View Post
A thought.

Someone getting nailed as hard as road is being nailed will change up their story and have 500 different reasons got everything if they are a wolf. Maybe not at first, but eventually a wolf will have to address the attacks and retroactively change their "internal logic " so that it fits each accusation and diffuses it best.

When someone is getting nailed like this, wolves defend themselves against specific arguments better than villagers. Villagers are logically consistent, but that means they do stuff they can't defend spectacularly (or they defend by saying "hey, refer back to what I said before. I did it for the same reason and it doesn't look as good in this post but it's the same reason.")

Around this time it is appropriate to look at all of roads responses to questions coming at him from 100 different angles and see if he always has a well reasoned logic for every move (wolf suspicious. No one knows and prepares for every analysis) or if he has a few consistent ideas and sometimes he looks a bit hamstrung by his own logic (which is villagerish at this level of play since at some point we will find ways to break the actual logic used. And that's okay. It's because no logic holds up to infinite analysis).

I thibk he is being a bit too perfect at defending himself but I wasn't looking at it with that analytical approach to avoid biasing myself early.
I definitely understand this point of view. As Mafia things tend to line up as planned so you're more apt to look good because you always know exactly whats going on. As town you're more apt to do what myself or Fonti (Who I think is town) did and be screaming for a town to die at EoD1.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:50 PM   #2000
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
With Mafia!Riki realizing start of D2 that Ratchet was a turrrribly likely investigation-target, do you agree with me that if road flips Mafia, Riki giving the critical push to the road-wagon before MSU's claim would've been such a -EVplay for Mafia that a road/Riki -pair is implausible?
I will look at it more specifically when I reread the time before the claim later.

I think its unlikely unless riki was going for the lone wolf strategy at that point. This wouldn't however line up with his day 1 strategy of saving his teammates though so find it more likely you're correct assuming scum!road.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive