Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2015, 11:03 AM   #176
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cue5c View Post
So in your world, that's an auto lynch? That means you're changing your playstyle to appeal to people playing here. Interesting. Interesting. Can't wait to see how changing everything that makes you "you" works out for...you.
You are a funny guy with funny and clever posts. Is that the right description of you?
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:03 AM   #177
cue5c
grinder
 
cue5c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SoCal
Posts: 592
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
Got a different seer read atm. but yours is a good choice.

I don't mind dying as long as I do so gloriously. Make sure to include a bunch of stuff in chat about how my picture should be a donkey and not a goat.

Bomb not doing bad at all although you should prolly bus his first post is getting a good chunk of heat.
Nah, I don't need to bus. I didn't play any of the previous games so I can pretty much do anything and not be the first lynch. Isn't meta wonderful? It's so easy to stick with what we know. It's why town will lose without us ever really having to be involved.
cue5c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:04 AM   #178
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
And how come you are not that nervous? This is game 6!! the step just before the final and epic game of champions, and you are not that nervous?
I feel more confident in my play and I know that I at least stack up moderately well on the forum. I also know fonti and you so I have a couple of reads I think I'll feel confident about. I also tend to play more confident as a pr.

Do you not feel liek you're more at ease this game? More loose I guess.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:05 AM   #179
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
road getting to the red side of my list.
Would you care to explain? or is this on the list that will be published later on?
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:05 AM   #180
dorian78
centurion
 
dorian78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 137
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBomb View Post
Dislike Dorian and he is my Day 1 case in the same way I described Day 1 cases earlier, due to his general passiveness and wont to question Slendy (which is my own personal scumread). Also he's right and I dislike people who are right and then do nothing else. dorian
You're saying that me questioning why Slendy voted for me is why you're scumreading me? I mean, he obviously voted me for a reason, and I can do nothing to address that reason if he doesn't tell me what it is. People apparently disagree on whether or not it's a good idea for him to keep the reason to himself.

As for being right and doing nothing else...well, sorry you dislike it, but it's definitely my playstyle in the early game. I'm very much not used to giving out thoughts on other players so early, but if you want my thoughts, here they are.

Banks - posting like his usual self according to most people. It's a fairly aggressive-but-polite town approach, he was town the last game he did this, I have no reason to think otherwise yet.

slendy - all game 5 (once he was active), pushed hard on people I considered easy targets. All game, I thought it was super-scummy because it's a tactic I see mafia use a lot, despite everyone eventually thinking he was the towniest town left. I dislike the tactic, but given he likes using it as town, that's a point in his favor that he's playing the same way again.

Smartbomb -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
i think he sounds different from what i remember of game 5, but i'd probably attribute that more to this being early in the game while he only started playing game 5 in like late day 3
Riki beat me to it. He joined game 5 after there was plenty to discuss, and that's a very different situation. I can see how some people are noticing the difference, but I think that difference is because of the different situations. I was starting to lean innocent on him, but him dropping a second vote on me is making me reconsider my initial impression, though.

fontisian - It would be easy for me to townread her for being (I think) the only one so far to townread me. I'll have to see how the votes play out today before I try to make a slightly more informed and less gut-based decision here.

cue - not a huge fan of the posting style so far, but so many people on here equate a dislike of posting/play style with scummy, and that's BS. Especially when playing with people who you aren't familiar with.
dorian78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:05 AM   #181
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
TehBankertin never changing
hahahahaha someone noticed!!! you're my friend riki.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:06 AM   #182
cue5c
grinder
 
cue5c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SoCal
Posts: 592
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Oops, sorry, didn't realize he was the cop.
It's okay, not all of us can be bomb and try and distance so early. Just keep it in mind for the future.
cue5c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:06 AM   #183
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

For what purpose were you trying to get my attention, Banker?

Also glad to see I am probably the only person who has not read one lick of the other games, kind of what I was afraid of oh well.

I don't know why we should be nervous, road. All we must do is play the game better than the opposing faction and we win. I am, in fact, exceedingly confident after my last performance. This may be because I kind of expect to get a bullet in the head and if I don't it is all down hill from there. There is no need for any player to be nervous if we all simply play our best and remember mafia is a game.

What I am trying to say is I am not a fan of you trying to monger nervousness. Shame on you.
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:08 AM   #184
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
I feel more confident in my play and I know that I at least stack up moderately well on the forum. I also know fonti and you so I have a couple of reads I think I'll feel confident about. I also tend to play more confident as a pr.

Do you not feel liek you're more at ease this game? More loose I guess.
I see. That makes sense. did you play a game with fonti after game3?

I feel very differently, yes. But the last game i was also going in expecting myself to be one of the least skilled players and also having to play "seer" for the first time ever. so in both cases I have more experience and more confidence this game
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:08 AM   #185
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
Good to know you're only null on yourself. How do you feel about that Goat guy who thinks you aren't typing as happy as your words would indicate?
i think this is like a double misrepresentation

he was obv talking about a tell and not his own alignment in the post you were responding to

also, i don't remember him every saying that he was happy to roll town, just that he was relieved to not roll mafia (not the same thing imo)
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:08 AM   #186
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU View Post
Hi everybody! Sorry, I thought I posted this before my morning meeting. Damn work getting in the way of good mafia-ing.

Here are all my feelings right now....

Banks talks a lot. Talking alot for the sake of talking can be good in getting stuff out or it can be scum trying to much up the boards with nonsense. Nothing definitive yet as a read but it stood out to me.

Slendy's "Once I've seen more posts from you" post bothers me and intrigues me. It's a very "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality. I dunno - could be good strategy but it is not something I would do. Maybe it's because I am more cautious of my vote within the first 2 hours that the game is open and I want to get a sense of how people are posting? But the answer to "Why are you voting for me?" is awesome if it works.

still digesting others but those are the two that immediately stood out for comment.
wait when did you think you posted this? How much earlier did you have teh i talk a lot read?
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:09 AM   #187
DocEspana
enthusiast
 
DocEspana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 78
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
Hi. Looking forward to play with you. Will this be early mornings/middle of nights in this game or in your timezone? (which is New York?)

I dont think it is an amateur wolftell. I dont think it is a tell. I think it would be the most standard opening regardless of your role. Actually from my little experience i think that starting out claiming wolf is slightly more often a wolf than a villager, therefore claiming villager, should mathematically be sliiiiiiiiiiightly more villagery than wolfy..
Why would anyone claim wolf? Just as a sarcastic joke? In order for that to be a sarcastic joke that works you need to already have a community that accepts people openly saying "Yay I'm a villager" as their first post. My community doesn't have the time for that foolishness. Here is why.

Post 1: Yay I'm a villager
2: Yay I'm a vilager
3: woopie I'm a villager
4: I'm a villager too, what are the odds?
5: five villagers in a row here!
6: vullager, checking in
7: annoying.gif villagers like me are care free and post gigs
8: better break out a cop outfit, a tribal head dress and some leather chaps cause I'm part of the village people
9: sorry I'm late to the game, but I just read my villager PM
10: ¡soy un villagro!
11: know who is not a wolf? This villager
12: villager, checking in
13: wow. All 13 of us are villagers. Gonna be a simple game, huh.

Saying you're a villager is a pointless exercise in wasting everyone's time reading something completely devoid of strategic value. It simply increases your post count and tells nothing, not even personality. At least where I come from, where every one has realized that it equates to nothing but verbal fluff, we all agree it's pointless and don't do it. So it's turned the other way where I am and since no one does it, we can use anyone who does as an example of newbies over eager to sell villagerness.
DocEspana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:12 AM   #188
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
For what purpose were you trying to get my attention, Banker?

Also glad to see I am probably the only person who has not read one lick of the other games, kind of what I was afraid of oh well.

I don't know why we should be nervous, road. All we must do is play the game better than the opposing faction and we win. I am, in fact, exceedingly confident after my last performance. This may be because I kind of expect to get a bullet in the head and if I don't it is all down hill from there. There is no need for any player to be nervous if we all simply play our best and remember mafia is a game.

What I am trying to say is I am not a fan of you trying to monger nervousness. Shame on you.
I wanted to see if you were in the thread and not posting. You said good morning and did nothing which is weird and inherently scummy you demoralizing some youth in a game of putt putt is an acceptable excuse. Had you responded promptly and said the same thing I'd think differently than I currently do about your alignment.

I think road is asking why I'm not nervous not anyone else I could be wrong though.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:12 AM   #189
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocEspana View Post
Why would anyone claim wolf? Just as a sarcastic joke? In order for that to be a sarcastic joke that works you need to already have a community that accepts people openly saying "Yay I'm a villager" as their first post. My community doesn't have the time for that foolishness. Here is why.

Post 1: Yay I'm a villager
2: Yay I'm a vilager
3: woopie I'm a villager
4: I'm a villager too, what are the odds?
5: five villagers in a row here!
6: vullager, checking in
7: annoying.gif villagers like me are care free and post gigs
8: better break out a cop outfit, a tribal head dress and some leather chaps cause I'm part of the village people
9: sorry I'm late to the game, but I just read my villager PM
10: ¡soy un villagro!
11: know who is not a wolf? This villager
12: villager, checking in
13: wow. All 13 of us are villagers. Gonna be a simple game, huh.

Saying you're a villager is a pointless exercise in wasting everyone's time reading something completely devoid of strategic value. It simply increases your post count and tells nothing, not even personality. At least where I come from, where every one has realized that it equates to nothing but verbal fluff, we all agree it's pointless and don't do it. So it's turned the other way where I am and since no one does it, we can use anyone who does as an example of newbies over eager to sell villagerness.
Says his community doesn't have time for foolishness, literally makes a fluff post that has no probative value in the pursuit of finding scum. I mean I don't mind fluffy posts, I make a lot of them personally because I am a bit of a silly duck, but being all like "blah blah pointless blah blah" and then making this post which doesn't really matter because the person he is talking to basically said it's null, and then this post also says it is null, so yeah. This is a waste of a post disguised as content time to vote this guy.

##vote: DocEspana
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:12 AM   #190
MSU
journeyman
 
MSU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Central City
Posts: 247
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
wait when did you think you posted this? How much earlier did you have teh i talk a lot read?
I thought I posted this at 9:45 ish am - so like almost 90 minutes ago.

I decided not to erase it because it is what I was feeling at the time.

Of all the people here, you started talking to yourself, complaining that this was turtle paced, then I believe you asked a question and answered it. It was cute, but something that jumped out at me.

Not calling you one way or the other but that and Slendy's post are the two immediate things that stood out for the first few hours this game has been open.

I just refreshed and realized I missed a ton and now I am going back to read what y'all wrote.
MSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:12 AM   #191
Slendy
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 425
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

fontisian -- upon reviewing your OP I realize I may have misinterpreted your question to Bomb. Did you mean it as an accusation, or as a question pertaining to Bomb's playstyle?

As for the answer to your "specifications", I found it odd you'd highlight Bomb's OP and my response to Bankertin out of all the posts -- in addition to 'mechanics-talk' with Ratchet.
Slendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:13 AM   #192
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian78 View Post
You're saying that me questioning why Slendy voted for me is why you're scumreading me? I mean, he obviously voted me for a reason, and I can do nothing to address that reason if he doesn't tell me what it is. People apparently disagree on whether or not it's a good idea for him to keep the reason to himself.

As for being right and doing nothing else...well, sorry you dislike it, but it's definitely my playstyle in the early game. I'm very much not used to giving out thoughts on other players so early, but if you want my thoughts, here they are.

Banks - posting like his usual self according to most people. It's a fairly aggressive-but-polite town approach, he was town the last game he did this, I have no reason to think otherwise yet.

slendy - all game 5 (once he was active), pushed hard on people I considered easy targets. All game, I thought it was super-scummy because it's a tactic I see mafia use a lot, despite everyone eventually thinking he was the towniest town left. I dislike the tactic, but given he likes using it as town, that's a point in his favor that he's playing the same way again.

Smartbomb -



Riki beat me to it. He joined game 5 after there was plenty to discuss, and that's a very different situation. I can see how some people are noticing the difference, but I think that difference is because of the different situations. I was starting to lean innocent on him, but him dropping a second vote on me is making me reconsider my initial impression, though.

fontisian - It would be easy for me to townread her for being (I think) the only one so far to townread me. I'll have to see how the votes play out today before I try to make a slightly more informed and less gut-based decision here.

cue - not a huge fan of the posting style so far, but so many people on here equate a dislike of posting/play style with scummy, and that's BS. Especially when playing with people who you aren't familiar with.
Okay dorian, i had you as neutral on the early posts from you - which some others find scummy. But NOW! now this post is just so villagery. You are on top of my villalist for now.

1) Having read up on earlier games and using that exact information to call someone villagery. And someone who have actually been looked at with suspicion. It is just villagery.. Unless you ofc are both mafias (Slendy and you, I mean)
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:13 AM   #193
RatchetOPB
centurion
 
RatchetOPB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: England
Posts: 108
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
also, i don't remember him every saying that he was happy to roll town, just that he was relieved to not roll mafia (not the same thing imo)
I think you're being needlessly pedantic here. They are the same thing in this context - he would be happy to roll town because it would mean that he did not role scum.
RatchetOPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:14 AM   #194
DocEspana
enthusiast
 
DocEspana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 78
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
did smartbomb's post feel like a lie to you, and if it did why?
Feels like the start of culture of vapid posts which tell me nothing.

I don't care if what he said is truth or lie (right now). If all he says is fluff without teeth (and honestly it's way too early to actually determine that) now THAT is a mafia/wolf move. Right now though, he is just doing things that drive me crazy from a strategic POV. But that could be cultural.
DocEspana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:15 AM   #195
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
i think this is like a double misrepresentation

he was obv talking about a tell and not his own alignment in the post you were responding to

also, i don't remember him every saying that he was happy to roll town, just that he was relieved to not roll mafia (not the same thing imo)
I don't. I think that he was wanting to pass of his post as null. At first I thought that meant he was more likely scum trying to downplay something he thought was scummy but he might actually just be a townie who is more likely to not care what his post looks like to others and wants to move on. Thats where I'm at with bomb atm based upon that progression and his responses to things.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:16 AM   #196
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian78 View Post
slendy - all game 5 (once he was active), pushed hard on people I considered easy targets.
i don't think i agree with this description

he defended luffy early on (he flipped later because lol luffy but that's besides the point), he didn't really go hard at people like blode/chez either and those were the people i'd consider to be the easiest targets in that game

also, what makes you think he wouldn't also do it as mafia?
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:16 AM   #197
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
For what purpose were you trying to get my attention, Banker?

Also glad to see I am probably the only person who has not read one lick of the other games, kind of what I was afraid of oh well.

I don't know why we should be nervous, road. All we must do is play the game better than the opposing faction and we win. I am, in fact, exceedingly confident after my last performance. This may be because I kind of expect to get a bullet in the head and if I don't it is all down hill from there. There is no need for any player to be nervous if we all simply play our best and remember mafia is a game.

What I am trying to say is I am not a fan of you trying to monger nervousness. Shame on you.
As Banks stated, I was asking him, as he talked about how he was more nervous in the game we played together (game 3). I was just trying to force some kind of interaction, not really knowing if the answer would be worth any value to me in reading banks, lol. Guess it can't be bad though
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:17 AM   #198
DocEspana
enthusiast
 
DocEspana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 78
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cue5c View Post
So in your world, that's an auto lynch? That means you're changing your playstyle to appeal to people playing here. Interesting. Interesting. Can't wait to see how changing everything that makes you "you" works out for...you.
I rise to the occasion presented to me. Gotta adapt or die.

thebanker

I figure he was joking, and so I'm 80% sure I'll change my vote eventually. But the joke "I'm town" after my rant... tou gotta know that I'm gonna give it back to you witg a lynch vote.

Actually going to try to stop replying to things and actually face the day a bit now. Will read for actual content in a few.
DocEspana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:18 AM   #199
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Someone asked about me and fonti and we have played video mafia several times since our games. I have owned her in every games and left her weeping. She also is good at video mafia which is fun.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:19 AM   #200
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocEspana View Post
I rise to the occasion presented to me. Gotta adapt or die.

thebanker

I figure he was joking, and so I'm 80% sure I'll change my vote eventually. But the joke "I'm town" after my rant... tou gotta know that I'm gonna give it back to you witg a lynch vote.

Actually going to try to stop replying to things and actually face the day a bit now. Will read for actual content in a few.
I thought it was funny. Do you think I'm more than likely to make that joke as wolf? If so why? Also you sound mad.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive