Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2015, 01:26 AM   #1476
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

i'm so alone
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 02:01 AM   #1477
ChampionsMod
old hand
 
ChampionsMod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,472
Exclamation Vote Count

Votes from post 1122 to post 1476
Night in 17:59:57

---
VotesLynchVoters
3 road fontisian (26), MSU (36), Riki (63)
1 MSU Slendy (59)
1 DocEspana dorian78 (20)
1 dorian78 TehBankertin (75)
1 no lynch DocEspana (6)
3 not voting Achromatic (28), bhuber2010 (4), road (12)
1 Error RatchetOPB (20)
ChampionsMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 02:16 AM   #1478
DocEspana
enthusiast
 
DocEspana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 78
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian78 View Post
Catching up after dinner out.



My argument, which I admit wasn't strong, cause hey, mid-day 1, was that the little content you did have time to post was odd to me. Your first set of reads only listed like 1 townread (Banks), and a whole bunch of varying levels of scumreads on people. The mild scumread on me you backpedaled to neutral when I called you out on it. Having a bunch of scumreads early and 1 townread is so not typical of how I play as town, or most people in my experience. Would you say it's typical for you or others in your experience?
I think I mentioned earlier (way earlier) that my playstyle is to call out what I feel is wolf-like moves. Even in games like this, identifying too clearly who I trust is counter-productive to me. If I was a wolf/scum, this is what I want. While sometimes its blatantly obvious if people are working together, often times its infinitely harder to guage who is gaining trust with whom. Killing off the people you trust is wolf neccessity #2, behind killing the cop ASAP. Im not going to codify for them who is best to kill off so they can compare it to everyone else's list. If you trust someone, dont lynch them and go harder for other people if the person you trust is gaining lynch votes.

So I generally look at who is making moves I dont like. Whos play style strikes me as fishing or actively attempting to be under the radar. And who is generally setting off my wolf radar in my gut. Id say making a list of mostly suspicions varying from mild to strong is very much the norm for me.

Quote:
I'm still definitely not sold on Ratchet as mafia, but if he is, this totally reads to me as "Hey, scumbuddy. I want to vote with you, but I can't justify it based on the suspicion you have and the case you made. Make a better case so I can justify the vote."
Alternatively I tried to draw ire day 1 with a strategy of seeing who would lynch me over a unrelated-to-the-game squabble. Achromatic not only came after me, but came after me HARD on it. He voted early and kept pounding me over and over about it way after he placed the vote.

I wanted achromatic to be a wolf because then him going so hard on day 1 is proof of the system working over here well. But since that point, achromatic has seemed *less* wolfish. I wont go after him if he is actively playing a cleaner game. Even though Id want to, so that I can feel like my day 1 antics worked. I want someone like ratchet to make a strong argument for achromatic...but because I see ratchet as either a wolf or the most self-defensive player ever, i keep applying less weight to what he says and that makes his arugments insufficient to convince me on achromatic. I may want to lynch him personally, I dont see the evidence there to justify it as likely to hit a wolf. And we dont have the numbers to screw around and kill other villagers willy nilly.
DocEspana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 02:22 AM   #1479
DocEspana
enthusiast
 
DocEspana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 78
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

could have sworn i voted for ratchet right at the opening of the day. IDK why it says no vote.

I am going to look for other people to vote on. I have some ideas. Also just caught up on the thread. But lets see how it plays out a bit more. For now, Im sticking with voting for the guy actively acusing everyone around him so defensively. I have doubts after reading everything today that a skilled player (which we all supposedly are) would be SO defensive of a wolf, but I'll just leave this vote here to formalize it and probably switch to someone else high on my list once I have a bit of time to repond to posts.

ratchet
DocEspana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 02:35 AM   #1480
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
banks i think this is like pretty similar to what happened with you/hibiki in game 3

i think dorian has pretty decent reads but afaict you're still set on him being a wolf for something (his wagon not getting votes?) that probably shouldn't be given that much weight
I'm pressuring him for information to see if I like his response no one is doing that. It needs to be done.

Maybe it is hibiki but him I lynched for his not voting a mafia when it counted. and then afking all weekend when there could have been a red check so i think probably not.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 02:49 AM   #1481
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
i'm so alone
Sorry I needed to step away for a bit from the game. I'm going to clear my head over night nd be backto go hard.

If you wake up before me can you try to pressure road?
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 04:01 AM   #1482
ChampionsMod
old hand
 
ChampionsMod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,472
Exclamation Vote Count

Votes from post 1122 to post 1481
Night in 15:59:57

---
VotesLynchVoters
3 road fontisian (26), MSU (36), Riki (63)
1 DocEspana dorian78 (20)
1 MSU Slendy (59)
1 dorian78 TehBankertin (77)
1 RatchetOPB DocEspana (8)
3 not voting Achromatic (28), bhuber2010 (4), road (12)
1 Error RatchetOPB (20)
ChampionsMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 05:25 AM   #1483
Slendy
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 425
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Why do I remember zero words from you on road, MSU?

Not saying that you haven't (necessarily) said anything about him -- but whatever it was, it wasn't memorable/noticeable, yet your Vote has changed onto him.

In fact, your posting style IN GENERAL seems to make it difficult to remember your actual, hard stances on most things. That's usually a Scummy indicator.
Slendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:01 AM   #1484
ChampionsMod
old hand
 
ChampionsMod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,472
Exclamation Vote Count

Votes from post 1122 to post 1483
Night in 13:59:57

---
VotesLynchVoters
3 road fontisian (26), MSU (36), Riki (63)
1 DocEspana dorian78 (20)
1 MSU Slendy (60)
1 dorian78 TehBankertin (77)
1 RatchetOPB DocEspana (8)
3 not voting Achromatic (28), bhuber2010 (4), road (12)
1 Error RatchetOPB (20)
ChampionsMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:01 AM   #1485
ChampionsMod
old hand
 
ChampionsMod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,472
Exclamation Vote Count

Votes from post 1122 to post 1484
Night in 11:59:57

---
VotesLynchVoters
3 road fontisian (26), MSU (36), Riki (63)
1 DocEspana dorian78 (20)
1 MSU Slendy (60)
1 dorian78 TehBankertin (77)
1 RatchetOPB DocEspana (8)
3 not voting Achromatic (28), bhuber2010 (4), road (12)
1 Error RatchetOPB (20)
ChampionsMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:04 AM   #1486
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
I think you've said you think the nightkill was clearly SHK, and I feel much less strongly about that. Can you explain further why you thought cue a poor choice? I find cue a very unexpected and surprisingly good choice if the mafia weren't picking up strong enough reads to try and find the cop.
I feel like cue could have a very viable lynch candidate today. His vote/unvote BS also could have thrown into flux ratchet's alignment moreso. Now that we know the last minute flip was town it gives us more EoD information to work with and clarifies the situation for us. Cue was a wily player, true, but I feel as if his antics would have at the very least landed him in trouble, and it keeps the waters muddled.
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:14 AM   #1487
MSU
journeyman
 
MSU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Central City
Posts: 247
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
Why do I remember zero words from you on road, MSU?

Not saying that you haven't (necessarily) said anything about him -- but whatever it was, it wasn't memorable/noticeable, yet your Vote has changed onto him.

In fact, your posting style IN GENERAL seems to make it difficult to remember your actual, hard stances on most things. That's usually a Scummy indicator.
Did you not read my 3 X 3?
MSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:20 AM   #1488
MSU
journeyman
 
MSU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Central City
Posts: 247
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
basically unless you think ratchet is a wolf i don't think you should believe dorian is a wolf

based off eod anyway

if you have other reasons for thinking dorian is a wolf lolme
Is this directed at me?

If so, I think Dorian is a wolf based on him buddying up to Ratchet, his EOD was non existent since his vote was on Smartbomb before anything switched over, and some of his behavior (which I already talked about ad nauseum which you disagreed with me) today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
what do you think of other content that other players have posted today though

like dorian, road, doc, etc.
Is this directed at me?

Road, along with Dorian, are on my top 3 list.

I haven't seen enough from Doc which is why he is not on my top 3 list. I just saw that he voted Ratchet and was going to re-evaluate so I want to see more. I also want to see more from Bhuber.

What are your thoughts on bhuber right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
so you're saying you like his defense but you put more weight into his eod which you don't like?

not wanting to reevaluate on people doesn't seem like a good way to play mafia in general but meh
I like how he is pitched his defense. It has been very calm and cool. He has addressed his attackers in a very calculated manner. I can see how dangerous he would be to detect if he was scum.

But as I said before, when you don't have the sand running out, you act a bit more rational than when you have 90 minutes to go.

@Riki - right now, you have been defending Ratchet a lot - like, you and I have been talking about this back and forth. Funny enough - not me and Ratchet, me and you.
MSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:24 AM   #1489
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

MSU's take on Ratchet when it comes to his own perception is interesting. He says if Ratchet is town he's probably screwed and is voting for him. I... think I like this given I think Ratchet is town now. Scum rarely put themselves in positions of weakness like that.

Light green for MSU.
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:46 AM   #1490
dorian78
centurion
 
dorian78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 137
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
I'm pressuring him for information to see if I like his response no one is doing that. It needs to be done.
Pressure away. But don't say that the votes falling off of me makes me scummy when you're the reason votes fell off of me. If you want to know why no one else joined you before you moved, newsflash - I'm not them, I don't have that information. Ask the people who you wanted to switch to me why they didn't if you still think it's a big issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
I feel like cue could have a very viable lynch candidate today. His vote/unvote BS also could have thrown into flux ratchet's alignment moreso. Now that we know the last minute flip was town it gives us more EoD information to work with and clarifies the situation for us. Cue was a wily player, true, but I feel as if his antics would have at the very least landed him in trouble, and it keeps the waters muddled.
Say cue was still alive. You read him really strongly as town yesterday. Would you have voted him today for his last second antics that didn't count?
dorian78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:54 AM   #1491
MSU
journeyman
 
MSU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Central City
Posts: 247
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
MSU's take on Ratchet when it comes to his own perception is interesting. He says if Ratchet is town he's probably screwed and is voting for him. I... think I like this given I think Ratchet is town now. Scum rarely put themselves in positions of weakness like that.

Light green for MSU.
Woot! Someone gets me!!!
MSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:55 AM   #1492
MSU
journeyman
 
MSU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Central City
Posts: 247
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

@Dorian - say it's Ratchet and Doc today are the only wagons/trains whatever you all call them, who do you vote for and why?

@Riki - same question

@Road - same question

@bhuber - same question
MSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:00 AM   #1493
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

I would not have personally, but I don't think others would have been so forgiving.
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:17 AM   #1494
RatchetOPB
centurion
 
RatchetOPB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: England
Posts: 108
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU View Post
@Ratchet - besides me (since I think I am an easy guess right now and people want me to swing) - has the past day changed your opinion of ANYONE in this game from one side to the other?
I have bhuber as more leaning scum, although he's still on null, as his play is quite ideal as scum - not likely to get lynched with all the bulk of the discussion based on others and not having to put out any information that could hurt himself or his team mates if he is scum. The only reason he is still null is because I fully understand how real life can get in the way here, but I'm not liking his play so far.

Achro and Slendy defended pretty well I think, so they have that in their favour. I wouldn't say it is enough to switch them from one side to another, but it needs to be considered (because otherwise, what is the point in expecting a defense at all).

I want to see Doc's posts after he comes back before getting a better idea, because I don't like how his arguments are essentially "I think you're scum because gut, and I'm going to use that to attack your arguments", so I think the progression he shows will be vital here. He doesn't have a huge amount of time left, however.

I'm not seeing what is suspicious about Dorian, or what people are finding disagreeable. To me, everything he says seems to be on point or at the very least well-reasoned, which is exactly why I have him lean town.

Ultimately, I feel stronger in my town reads, relatively confident in my scum reads (I don't expect all 3 to be scum, but if at least one scum isn't in there I've clearly approached this game from a completely wrong angle and I'd have to start all over again) and my null reads simply do not have enough presence or content to confidently say I lean one way or another with them.
RatchetOPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:19 AM   #1495
RatchetOPB
centurion
 
RatchetOPB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: England
Posts: 108
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

@Doc - Who, besides myself, do you have on your scum list, and who is your town list. Throw your nulls in there while you're at it, actually. I can't be the only person you have a definitive opinion on.
RatchetOPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:37 AM   #1496
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
Sorry I needed to step away for a bit from the game. I'm going to clear my head over night nd be backto go hard.

If you wake up before me can you try to pressure road?
i don't think i have anything concrete on road yet i'm just voting him for falling off the face of the earth and being pretty underwhelming while he was around
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:42 AM   #1497
MSU
journeyman
 
MSU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Central City
Posts: 247
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
I would not have personally, but I don't think others would have been so forgiving.
Its because I'm cuter.

BTW, did you ever read my apology to BCB last game? And why I did what I did?
MSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:43 AM   #1498
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU View Post
Is this directed at me?

If so, I think Dorian is a wolf based on him buddying up to Ratchet, his EOD was non existent since his vote was on Smartbomb before anything switched over, and some of his behavior (which I already talked about ad nauseum which you disagreed with me) today.
it was directed at banks and that post was purely about eod

you gave other reasons for voting dorian iirc which is what i thought were strange and disagreed with

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU View Post
Is this directed at me?

Road, along with Dorian, are on my top 3 list.

I haven't seen enough from Doc which is why he is not on my top 3 list. I just saw that he voted Ratchet and was going to re-evaluate so I want to see more. I also want to see more from Bhuber.

What are your thoughts on bhuber right now?
i mean this still isn't really what i'm looking for but w/e

bhuber is town and my peek

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU View Post
I like how he is pitched his defense. It has been very calm and cool. He has addressed his attackers in a very calculated manner. I can see how dangerous he would be to detect if he was scum.

But as I said before, when you don't have the sand running out, you act a bit more rational than when you have 90 minutes to go.

@Riki - right now, you have been defending Ratchet a lot - like, you and I have been talking about this back and forth. Funny enough - not me and Ratchet, me and you.
that's probably because you told him that you think he's scummy and you're not trying to reevaluate him
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:44 AM   #1499
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU View Post
@Dorian - say it's Ratchet and Doc today are the only wagons/trains whatever you all call them, who do you vote for and why?

@Riki - same question

@Road - same question

@bhuber - same question
probably doc
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:03 AM   #1500
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU View Post
Its because I'm cuter.

BTW, did you ever read my apology to BCB last game? And why I did what I did?

If I did I do not recall it.
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive