Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2015, 10:23 AM   #126
ChampionsMod
old hand
 
ChampionsMod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,472
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Votes from post 9 to post 124
Night in 1 day 09:37:38

---
VotesLynchVoters
2 dorian78 Slendy (14), SmartBomb (15)
1 Slendy fontisian (7)
1 SmartBomb TehBankertin (48)
9 not voting Achromatic (2), bhuber2010 (0), cue5c (1), DocEspana (0), dorian78 (4), MSU (0), RatchetOPB (11), Riki (3), road (9)
ChampionsMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:24 AM   #127
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
TehBankertin (46)

lol
took me a second to realize what the number was ::blushes::
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:24 AM   #128
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
How's this relevant?
feels like an awkward entrance
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:26 AM   #129
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cue5c View Post
Gooooood morning. I see there's already been discussion about people claiming mafia being pro-town, so I won't claim mafia even though I am. But that's just a joke for now. Until it's not. I mean, I did read the thread before posting, which road mentions is a scumtell. Guess me bringing that up means we're not teamed. Glad we cleared that up.

But really, I'm glad. The Guardian seems like kind of a dick, anyway. "Oh no! I must protect these memories that are relevant only to me. All of history as I know it is being erased, probably to be made anew in a reality I can't comprehend, but with my knowledge I can make people fight for me. I can make people protect me. I matter!" Does he really? No. Egotistical. All you people fighting for this Guardian are just slaves, man. Let the quiet dark of the void encompass you. It'll be easier that way.
I like you regardless of your alignment. Let me know if you want to do some role hunting later.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:26 AM   #130
DocEspana
enthusiast
 
DocEspana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 78
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Morning everyone. I work a lot of nights this week (did have the weekend off though) so predict a lot of early morning and middle of the night talking from me and then dead silence mid day as I sleep.

Just getting up now actually and red through the thread. Already love all of you.... which is to say that any of you who cannot prove to have good logical reasoning and a willingness to kill to learn more will end up on my sh*t list.

Going to go get prepped for the day and then chat witg you guys a bit.

But honest question, in what world is saying "glad I'm a villager" day 1 not the most amateur wolf tell ever? In my world that's an auto lynch just for either being that stupid of a newbie or for making a "meta" joke as a veteran that no one really appreciates.

I am giving half of the benefit of the doubt that that sort of light hearted shenanigans is more acceptable where he comes from. But I fully believe "WW (mafia) is serious business"
DocEspana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:28 AM   #131
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
feels like an awkward entrance
fun you're the third of fourth person to say that.

I think one thing about this game is that all the wild card people in this game (I think) Were town in previous games + the new folks so statistically we should have a healthy amount of good town players here which is really exciting. I wonder if stuff like that means that slendy is dead wolf walking or false tells.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:30 AM   #132
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
Does Smartbomb sound awkward to you or am I just tired? (this question goes out to anyone)
i think he sounds different from what i remember of game 5, but i'd probably attribute that more to this being early in the game while he only started playing game 5 in like late day 3
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:33 AM   #133
Slendy
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 425
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Riki -- have you played on Vendetta Strada? I recall playing with someone who had a similar or the same username there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatchetOPB View Post
I had your early vote down on me as pressure. Am I mistaken in that assumption?
It was only semi-joking as I could feasibly see you flip red based on your gamestart alone.

What interests me more though is that I don't see how that part of my game so far could feasibly be the most mention-worthy indicator of anything -- almost seems like you just said that in your reads-post for the sake of mentioning something about me, without actual gamesolving!intent behind the post...
Slendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:33 AM   #134
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
i think he sounds different from what i remember of game 5, but i'd probably attribute that more to this being early in the game while he only started playing game 5 in like late day 3
Read his posts and its a different game of his for sure but it is different timing so hard to tell.

What do you make of ratchet so far?
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:34 AM   #135
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocEspana View Post
But honest question, in what world is saying "glad I'm a villager" day 1 not the most amateur wolf tell ever? In my world that's an auto lynch just for either being that stupid of a newbie or for making a "meta" joke as a veteran that no one really appreciates.

I am giving half of the benefit of the doubt that that sort of light hearted shenanigans is more acceptable where he comes from. But I fully believe "WW (mafia) is serious business"
what kind of post would you be expecting people to make for their first post of the game? like not even their own personal first post of the game, the first post of the game out of any of the players, one minute after the game had started

i'm kind of curious
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:34 AM   #136
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
Going to elaborate on the fontisian-impression before afk'ing for a while (and apparently also answering some posts): what I 'wasn't a huge fan of' was the type of aggression displayed in the OP. Seems like mudslinging in a manner which could come from an active Mafioso who does their best to appear Pro-Town.
Can you point to something more specific?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
The final paragraph about Bomb also pinged me as something I could feasibly see as a Scum commentary on Town-on-Town -violence.
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
If you read the Thread properly you'd know that I found Bomb's gamestart 'over-eager' moreso than awkward. Once there was mild pressure, he did START to seem awkward, hence, 'interesting' and all the Scummy caps lock -usage.
I don't like how you're deflecting here. I'm asking you why you found him to be awkward at that point. Address that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
I wanted to hear what Bomb intended by that question -- did he mean for it to be relevant in the slightest, or was it purely light-hearted.
That's fair. Why not say say that, then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
Why do you have villaread on me from my first 3 posts?
You agreed with me, I agreed with your logic, and you sounded genuine. It's a start.
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:34 AM   #137
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
fun you're the third of fourth person to say that.

I think one thing about this game is that all the wild card people in this game (I think) Were town in previous games + the new folks so statistically we should have a healthy amount of good town players here which is really exciting. I wonder if stuff like that means that slendy is dead wolf walking or false tells.
you forget to take into account that my last game was a fluke and i actually suck
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:35 AM   #138
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
Riki -- have you played on Vendetta Strada? I recall playing with someone who had a similar or the same username there.
yea i have with the name Rekeh
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:36 AM   #139
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatchetOPB View Post
fonti has been mostly on point as well, although I'd like to know his argument for townreading bomb, and more specifically, road.
I think Bomb knew his first post could have been interpreted as scummy and made it anyway.
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:37 AM   #140
Slendy
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 425
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Forgot to add a paragraph to the end of that post, directed to Ratchet: feel free to point out what I've missed with regards to your honest-to-God-green, gamesolving-intending observations about the Threadflow. Why was my not-actually-intimidating Vote on you the part about my play so far that most merits acknowledgment?
Slendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:37 AM   #141
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
Read his posts and its a different game of his for sure but it is different timing so hard to tell.

What do you make of ratchet so far?
i don't have a read yet

i'm at like post 30
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:38 AM   #142
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
you forget to take into account that my last game was a fluke and i actually suck
That kind of excuse won't fly here. I expect your best game to be this game.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:41 AM   #143
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
Forgot to add a paragraph to the end of that post, directed to Ratchet: feel free to point out what I've missed with regards to your honest-to-God-green, gamesolving-intending observations about the Threadflow. Why was my not-actually-intimidating Vote on you the part about my play so far that most merits acknowledgment?
I don't follow this. I might be too tired to be up.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:44 AM   #144
DocEspana
enthusiast
 
DocEspana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 78
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
what kind of post would you be expecting people to make for their first post of the game? like not even their own personal first post of the game, the first post of the game out of any of the players, one minute after the game had started

i'm kind of curious
Literally anything but a tell. ANYTHING but that. The working assumption is everyone will claim villager. Actually openly claiming it is viewed as a severe decorum breach and faux pas. You role reveal if your back is to a corner or, in more complex games, you're in an open chatting relationship witg someone else and you use role reveal as a bargaining chip to gain more trust. Openly saying anything of strategic value day 1 *feels* like a lie. Whether it is or not is less relevant. And if your allegiance feels like a lie, that's bad.
DocEspana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:45 AM   #145
RatchetOPB
centurion
 
RatchetOPB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: England
Posts: 108
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
It was only semi-joking as I could feasibly see you flip red based on your gamestart alone.

What interests me more though is that I don't see how that part of my game so far could feasibly be the most mention-worthy indicator of anything -- almost seems like you just said that in your reads-post for the sake of mentioning something about me, without actual gamesolving!intent behind the post...
That's why I added it on at the end of my little read paragraph. I think I pretty much covered anything else you have done by saying that, while I might not agree with all of what you are saying, it is a positive contribution nonetheless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
Forgot to add a paragraph to the end of that post, directed to Ratchet: feel free to point out what I've missed with regards to your honest-to-God-green, gamesolving-intending observations about the Threadflow. Why was my not-actually-intimidating Vote on you the part about my play so far that most merits acknowledgment?
When did I ever say that your initial vote was the bit that merits the most acknowledgement? As it was only a small paragraph, not a large in-depth read, it was certainly the most specific part of your play I mentioned, but I thought it was rather clear that by putting it at the end of the paragraph, it was a little addition to note, and not the main point I was conveying. I don't know how you interpreted it that way either.
RatchetOPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:45 AM   #146
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Fonti is it weird that by this post in your first game it was like day 2?
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:45 AM   #147
Slendy
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 425
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Can you point to something more specific?


Why?


I don't like how you're deflecting here. I'm asking you why you found him to be awkward at that point. Address that.


That's fair. Why not say say that, then?


You agreed with me, I agreed with your logic, and you sounded genuine. It's a start.
If I said that your OP seemed like it could possibly be 'digging up dirt for the sake of digging up dirt', I would assume that everyone understood what I meant.

Seemed confident to me in the way that Mafioso-townreads/whiteknightings could be.

I found Bomb's reaction to pressure (even if it was slight) unexpected. Submissive, as if his 'flow' got disturbed. Or the tone he posted in, if you wish to call it that. He seemed to be in a haste to set things straight, and that seemed like it could be 'cracking up'. Right now I'm more inclined to think it's personality-, not alignment-indicative.

With Bomb I think (based on the impression I have of him from game 5) playing the 'Bad Cop' moreso than the 'Good Cop' can be a very efficient way of getting readable content out of him. Not saying I played the Bad Cop per se, rather that indirect inquisition that is more pressuring than polite can be more effective.
Slendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:46 AM   #148
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

I hate you Banks.
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:47 AM   #149
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocEspana View Post
Morning everyone. I work a lot of nights this week (did have the weekend off though) so predict a lot of early morning and middle of the night talking from me and then dead silence mid day as I sleep.

Just getting up now actually and red through the thread. Already love all of you.... which is to say that any of you who cannot prove to have good logical reasoning and a willingness to kill to learn more will end up on my sh*t list.

Going to go get prepped for the day and then chat witg you guys a bit.

But honest question, in what world is saying "glad I'm a villager" day 1 not the most amateur wolf tell ever? In my world that's an auto lynch just for either being that stupid of a newbie or for making a "meta" joke as a veteran that no one really appreciates.

I am giving half of the benefit of the doubt that that sort of light hearted shenanigans is more acceptable where he comes from. But I fully believe "WW (mafia) is serious business"
Hi. Looking forward to play with you. Will this be early mornings/middle of nights in this game or in your timezone? (which is New York?)

I dont think it is an amateur wolftell. I dont think it is a tell. I think it would be the most standard opening regardless of your role. Actually from my little experience i think that starting out claiming wolf is slightly more often a wolf than a villager, therefore claiming villager, should mathematically be sliiiiiiiiiiightly more villagery than wolfy..
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:47 AM   #150
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocEspana View Post
Literally anything but a tell. ANYTHING but that. The working assumption is everyone will claim villager. Actually openly claiming it is viewed as a severe decorum breach and faux pas. You role reveal if your back is to a corner or, in more complex games, you're in an open chatting relationship witg someone else and you use role reveal as a bargaining chip to gain more trust. Openly saying anything of strategic value day 1 *feels* like a lie. Whether it is or not is less relevant. And if your allegiance feels like a lie, that's bad.
I'm town.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive