Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2015, 09:08 PM   #1376
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

It depends on the mindset of the scum. Some scum are counter intuitive, and they are the hardest to catch. It is hard, in the heat of a game, to be that way though. To leave yourself open to scrutiny in order to avoid scrutiny. From my perspective I think scum should play balls to the wall and do their best to seem town, but that takes a very high skill cap. ... And to be maybe a bit mean judging by the night kill which I found to be a poor choice I don't know if we're dealing with three amazing scum players who are capable of doing that.
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:10 PM   #1377
Slendy
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 425
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

There probably has to be Mafia in MSU/Achro. Regardless of whether one or two, it seems likelier that the rest of the team wasn't around EoD1.
Slendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:11 PM   #1378
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
It depends on the mindset of the scum. Some scum are counter intuitive, and they are the hardest to catch. It is hard, in the heat of a game, to be that way though. To leave yourself open to scrutiny in order to avoid scrutiny. From my perspective I think scum should play balls to the wall and do their best to seem town, but that takes a very high skill cap. ... And to be maybe a bit mean judging by the night kill which I found to be a poor choice I don't know if we're dealing with three amazing scum players who are capable of doing that.
Who do you think falls into this category?
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:11 PM   #1379
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

While I don't much care for MSU, why is it a must Slendy? Scum could in theory just not have been around. Why 'has to be'?
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:13 PM   #1380
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
Who do you think falls into this category?
I don't have it narrowed down yet. Probably not you, what with your insane amount of content. If you're scum you're certainly clever. The problem, with no history to go off of, I don't know people's scum profile at a glance. Given the night kill though now that I think about it I'd list you as pretty green, so that gives me 3 people to work with.
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:14 PM   #1381
Slendy
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 425
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Fair enough, I suppose it IS possible that the entire team was afk EoD1. Which would make it sad and hilarious that the whole fireworks-display was entirely Town-on-Town.
Slendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:15 PM   #1382
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
There probably has to be Mafia in MSU/Achro. Regardless of whether one or two, it seems likelier that the rest of the team wasn't around EoD1.
I might have missed it because tbh I've been working and trying to figure out this filters thing that is upsetting me but where are you on road/bhuber?

I can see this MSU/Achro world possibly.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:16 PM   #1383
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Why are so many people connecting me to MSU? Maybe it's just the fact that I know I am town, but I don't get it.
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:17 PM   #1384
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
Fair enough, I suppose it IS possible that the entire team was afk EoD1. Which would make it sad and hilarious that the whole fireworks-display was entirely Town-on-Town.
This would require some scum taht REALLY hate being scum. Like to have no interest in EoD would be insane to me. I assume (sometimes falsely) scum try to always play to their peek. I don't think that this is a likely scenario. The team then is something like road/bhuber/doc/dorian combo which is a lot of scummy people but the whole team seems like its hard pressed to be there.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:18 PM   #1385
Slendy
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 425
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Road/bhuber I'd both consider slightly more likely Town but it's not by much -- this is one instance where MIA-mafiosi would make a lot of sense, atleast one but possibly even two. So all of the people who weren't around do deserve scrutiny -- still, liked the little bhuber provided when he was around, and thought I saw road have some of that "town-zeal" you thought you saw in those consecutive posts by Ratchet.
Slendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:21 PM   #1386
Slendy
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 425
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
This would require some scum taht REALLY hate being scum. Like to have no interest in EoD would be insane to me. I assume (sometimes falsely) scum try to always play to their peek. I don't think that this is a likely scenario. The team then is something like road/bhuber/doc/dorian combo which is a lot of scummy people but the whole team seems like its hard pressed to be there.
It would be insane, yes, but I suppose something like Doc/Dorian/bhuber would be forced into it due to real life.

Not sure if any other teams would be, actually. road's Danish so if he was the sole Scummioso able to be around he would be able to handle the late hours. Dorian's also somewhat iffy since no way of knowing whether he actually was viewing EoD1 like he earlier said he would be.

Gonna stop here since not super-relevant, probably.
Slendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:23 PM   #1387
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
Why are so many people connecting me to MSU? Maybe it's just the fact that I know I am town, but I don't get it.
You guys have played a game together before you lined up on ratchet. You were one of the first people to pull the pressure off MSU and turn it onto slendy towards EoD to name a couple things off the top of my head.

I think however pulling teams together is dangerous and I'd rather stick to finding one scum first and then moving on from there.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:24 PM   #1388
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

You guys are assuming an afk scum team would have actually planned out the Day 1 end of day.
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:24 PM   #1389
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
It would be insane, yes, but I suppose something like Doc/Dorian/bhuber would be forced into it due to real life.

Not sure if any other teams would be, actually. road's Danish so if he was the sole Scummioso able to be around he would be able to handle the late hours. Dorian's also somewhat iffy since no way of knowing whether he actually was viewing EoD1 like he earlier said he would be.

Gonna stop here since not super-relevant, probably.
Yeah. I am going to go back and reread today later but your interactions with ratchet cna you sum up where he falls for you atm?
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:25 PM   #1390
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
You guys are assuming an afk scum team would have actually planned out the Day 1 end of day.
I think talking about an afk scum team much further is probably counter productive because we have 0 confirmed scum and a whole lot of speculation.

If you got to pick one person to resolve today who would it be?
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:26 PM   #1391
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

I'll add slendy to my list of green for his very dynamic reading of me today. He went from feeling a little buddy to expressing what I think is genuine paranoia of me.

So now I have six names to work with, whoo this is fun.
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:27 PM   #1392
Slendy
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 425
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
Why are so many people connecting me to MSU? Maybe it's just the fact that I know I am town, but I don't get it.
Basically, of all the Votes and Voters EoD1, assuming Ratchet is Town, you two had the Votes that seem (separately, not together) the most plausibly Scum ones. To my eyes atleast. Assuming neither of Riki/fonti is deep wolfing us.

Personally I think that unless MSU was really paranoid about possibly getting Lynched himself, you two don't really make that much sense as Scum together unless Dorian's the third one.
Slendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:30 PM   #1393
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
I think talking about an afk scum team much further is probably counter productive because we have 0 confirmed scum and a whole lot of speculation.

If you got to pick one person to resolve today who would it be?
I'm debating between road, MSU and Achromatic.
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:30 PM   #1394
Slendy
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 425
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Banks:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
Based on a reaaaaaally quick skim at random parts of games, I'd say it's possible Mafia!Ratchet tries to appeal to emotion more than Town!Ratchet, who seems much 'cooler' (except when they're annoyed by someone being ignorant in their opinion). Probably Town here if the hypothesis is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
Allllso yeah the more I think about it the more implausible it seems that Mafia!Ratchet would 1) tunnel on me--Achro and 2) be so woefully ignorant of the Seer Hunt Kill -aspect, unless the entire Scumteam shared the ignorance in which case the cue-hit was a brilliant stroke of luck for them, as it seems to ONLY make sense as a SHK.

Plus the responses have seemed consistent and the "attacking every point" -defense smells of Town!indignance.
The latter is more relevant, the first one mainly an interesting hypothesis.
Slendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:30 PM   #1395
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
I'll add slendy to my list of green for his very dynamic reading of me today. He went from feeling a little buddy to expressing what I think is genuine paranoia of me.

So now I have six names to work with, whoo this is fun.
This is what you sound like.

TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:32 PM   #1396
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

I did admit not exactly liking making color coded lists. I'm trying for you ever so slowly, banker!
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:33 PM   #1397
Slendy
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 425
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
You guys are assuming an afk scum team would have actually planned out the Day 1 end of day.
Dorian/bhuber/Doc could've been forced into inactivity by real life. But I think that's pretty much the only such team.
Slendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:35 PM   #1398
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
Banks:

The latter is more relevant, the first one mainly an interesting hypothesis.
Kind of agree. Although faking that from ratchet's viewpoint isn't difficult if Ratchet is scum definitely is going to be in the lime light and getting your hands dirty calling a couple of others that might be SHK scum would be fine since you're already out there as scummy scum.

I do think more likely not scum unless Ratchet wasn't involved in the night kill.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:36 PM   #1399
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
I did admit not exactly liking making color coded lists. I'm trying for you ever so slowly, banker!
I appreciate the effort. I understand it might not be your process but it helps in mine. If you need something from me let me know as well.

I like to see where everyone is it also sometimes can polarize scum.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:37 PM   #1400
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

I'm going to be doing for a bit.

I think the filter thing I'm kinda fcked on unless my last thing will not work. I'll make a post explaining how to do it so others can look at filters later.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive