Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2015, 09:53 AM   #101
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
Haha I'm expecting you to spam, so it's okay. It is your style, you shouldnt try to change it, just because of me. However if you can like cut 10% off, then it is a potential of 100 posts less to read
I'll just win faster to cut down on posts.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:58 AM   #102
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
The former. I have townreads on Bomb, Dorian and now road, and a scummish vibe from Slendy. You probably aren't scum if Slendy is scum though - is what I was going to say until I realized Slendy's vote isn't actually on Bomb. It's on Ratchet from RVS.

Slendy, is there a reason for that?
Dorian hasn't done enough for me, I'm kind of excited because of some of my reads like achromatic slight villa lean for a silly reason.

Bomb I think I need to read his other game.

I think your slendy line is odd but I think in a town way not sure.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:58 AM   #103
SmartBomb
centurion
 
SmartBomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 164
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Slendy's vote is on dorian.

Banks you never gave a Slendy read? IIRC?
SmartBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:04 AM   #104
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
Does Smartbomb sound awkward to you or am I just tired? (this question goes out to anyone)
I didnt find anything awkward. However I find it interesting that he felt like explaining why he was away for a short matter of time (his browser crashed). Did I miss it, or did he write that without being asked about it? If so I find that weird. I dont know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBomb View Post
Contrary to Banks' and fontisan's statements, I like that Slendy doesn't want to elaborate. It seems unnecessary - when someone's only got four posts in the game is it really necessary? - and hey maybe you want them to flounder a lot more.

Idk maybe it's because I dislike Dorian for probably the same reasons Slendy has
Hmmm. Banks did actually state that he did find it villagery of slendy not to elaborate on his reads. Now Smartbomb is taking the same perspective, without knowing Banks agreed. I think this is villagery. I thin a wolf would have been attentive to this (reading through all the posts), and therefore not wanting to risk putting attention to him/her. Just a small villalean for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
I disagree strongly. We're at the beginning of the game. Unless you're setting a trap (and it should be a good one), giving analysis trumps everything else. Not providing that analysis is just overly safe.


I don't think he's awkward?
I disagree. This early there a lot of room to influence thoughts and elaborate on reads, so if you want to see if people notices the same as you (maybe to get some kind of baseline for further on) I dont think it is wolfy. I mean, if it was with a cpl of hours left to eod, I think it would be more wolfy. Tend to agree with Banks' (and Smartbombs) read and call this more villagery than wolfy
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:06 AM   #105
Slendy
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 425
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Going to elaborate on the fontisian-impression before afk'ing for a while (and apparently also answering some posts): what I 'wasn't a huge fan of' was the type of aggression displayed in the OP. Seems like mudslinging in a manner which could come from an active Mafioso who does their best to appear Pro-Town. The final paragraph about Bomb also pinged me as something I could feasibly see as a Scum commentary on Town-on-Town -violence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Wait, nevermind.


Slendy

Hi. Why is it "interesting?" What does "interesting" even mean? Why do you think Bomb's being awkward? What's with the capital "IS"? It shouldn't be a shocking revelation.
If you read the Thread properly you'd know that I found Bomb's gamestart 'over-eager' moreso than awkward. Once there was mild pressure, he did START to seem awkward, hence, 'interesting' and all the Scummy caps lock -usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
I don't like this. I dont see the reason why Slendy would try to interrupt a potential interaction. Maybe he had a tell? maybe he had an idea? anyways, the observation that the question seems irrelevant could easuly have been noted and stated later on, when giving the interaction a chance to actually take form.
That question in no way interfered with the Bomb--Bankertin interaction.

I wanted to hear what Bomb intended by that question -- did he mean for it to be relevant in the slightest, or was it purely light-hearted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
The former. I have townreads on Bomb, Dorian and now road, and a scummish vibe from Slendy. You probably aren't scum if Slendy is scum though - is what I was going to say until I realized Slendy's vote isn't actually on Bomb. It's on Ratchet from RVS.

Slendy, is there a reason for that?
No my Vote is on Dorian, for his OP.
Slendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:06 AM   #106
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
The former. I have townreads on Bomb, Dorian and now road, and a scummish vibe from Slendy. You probably aren't scum if Slendy is scum though - is what I was going to say until I realized Slendy's vote isn't actually on Bomb. It's on Ratchet from RVS.

Slendy, is there a reason for that?
Why do you have villaread on me from my first 3 posts?
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:06 AM   #107
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBomb View Post
Slendy's vote is on dorian.

Banks you never gave a Slendy read? IIRC?
I did when I interviewed myself briefly I put him in ratchet in the same spot.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:06 AM   #108
RatchetOPB
centurion
 
RatchetOPB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: England
Posts: 108
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

So, reads:

So far, I have banks at lean town. He's prompting discussion, questioning people and being proactive in the game. I consider all that to be town play, so it's a good start from him.

SmartBomb is a slight lean scum. As I've alluded to, I didn't like his first post but he has been more on-point afterwards I believe.

Slendy is right on null. It's going to take me a while to get a read on him for me, because while I don't outright agree with what he has said at times, it's still a positive contribution. Early pressure was good as well.

fonti has been mostly on point as well, although I'd like to know his argument for townreading bomb, and more specifically, road.
RatchetOPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:07 AM   #109
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

multiquotes already the game is afoot!
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:08 AM   #110
Slendy
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 425
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatchetOPB View Post
Slendy is right on null. It's going to take me a while to get a read on him for me, because while I don't outright agree with what he has said at times, it's still a positive contribution. Early pressure was good as well.
Early pressure on whom?
Slendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:09 AM   #111
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
That question in no way interfered with the Bomb--Bankertin interaction.
Maybe your intention was not to, but it actually ended up doing that exact thing. Banks didnt respond but instead counterasked you a joke-questions about some shoecolour
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:10 AM   #112
RatchetOPB
centurion
 
RatchetOPB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: England
Posts: 108
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
Early pressure on whom?
I had your early vote down on me as pressure. Am I mistaken in that assumption?
RatchetOPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:11 AM   #113
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
Maybe your intention was not to, but it actually ended up doing that exact thing. Banks didnt respond but instead counterasked you a joke-questions about some shoecolour
Ah lol. Sry. I missed that he answered it before you wrote your post :/
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:11 AM   #114
SmartBomb
centurion
 
SmartBomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 164
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

I only had like 50-odd posts in the game Banks it won't be that hard

Quick reads: Would put Ratchet, Banks, Slendy as town right now. Slendy I feel is trying to push for interactions on a more subtle level and that interests me. Ratchet is town on a skin-deep level which for Day 1 is perfectly fine with me. Dislike Dorian and he is my Day 1 case in the same way I described Day 1 cases earlier, due to his general passiveness and wont to question Slendy (which is my own personal scumread). Also he's right and I dislike people who are right and then do nothing else. dorian

Everyone else has not enough posts to figure out. Fontisan is getting to that point but I struggle to read (in mafia terms) her posts so far.

Good night all.

---

Road, I was aware Banks townleaned Slendy based on that post, but my major point was that he disliked Slendy's reticence.
SmartBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:12 AM   #115
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBomb View Post
Slendy's vote is on dorian.

Banks you never gave a Slendy read? IIRC?
I'm a moron. Ignore me.
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:13 AM   #116
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Btw if I'm the seer my peek is not the one without profilepic
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:13 AM   #117
ChampionsMod
old hand
 
ChampionsMod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,472
Posted from a freakin mac

Votes from post 0 to post 0
Night in 00:00:12

---
VotesLynchVoters
2 dorian78 Slendy (14), SmartBomb (15)
1 Slendy fontisian (7)
1 SmartBomb TehBankertin (46)
9 not voting Achromatic (2), bhuber2010 (0), cue5c (0), DocEspana (0), dorian78 (4), MSU (0), RatchetOPB (11), Riki (0), road (8)

:13 good :14 bad

Edit: Ignore this flawed vote count, corrected one incoming

Last edited by ChampionsMod; 06-15-2015 at 10:21 AM.
ChampionsMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:14 AM   #118
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatchetOPB View Post
So, reads:

So far, I have banks at lean town. He's prompting discussion, questioning people and being proactive in the game. I consider all that to be town play, so it's a good start from him.

SmartBomb is a slight lean scum. As I've alluded to, I didn't like his first post but he has been more on-point afterwards I believe.

Slendy is right on null. It's going to take me a while to get a read on him for me, because while I don't outright agree with what he has said at times, it's still a positive contribution. Early pressure was good as well.

fonti has been mostly on point as well, although I'd like to know his argument for townreading bomb, and more specifically, road.
Fonti he is quiet the interesting one isnt He.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:19 AM   #119
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
Fonti he is quiet the interesting one isnt He.
You are in the joking mood today. It is interesting. I dont remember you this way from our game. Will try to read up sometime. Just wanted to let you know, I'm aware!!
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:20 AM   #120
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

hello frands
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:20 AM   #121
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

TehBankertin (46)

lol
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:22 AM   #122
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

btw i'm at work so i'll probably only be able to post at random intervals

it'll be weird but it'll be ok
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:22 AM   #123
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
I'm a moron. Ignore me.
if you continue to be mean to my friend fonti I will have to beat you up.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:23 AM   #124
cue5c
grinder
 
cue5c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SoCal
Posts: 592
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Gooooood morning. I see there's already been discussion about people claiming mafia being pro-town, so I won't claim mafia even though I am. But that's just a joke for now. Until it's not. I mean, I did read the thread before posting, which road mentions is a scumtell. Guess me bringing that up means we're not teamed. Glad we cleared that up.

But really, I'm glad. The Guardian seems like kind of a dick, anyway. "Oh no! I must protect these memories that are relevant only to me. All of history as I know it is being erased, probably to be made anew in a reality I can't comprehend, but with my knowledge I can make people fight for me. I can make people protect me. I matter!" Does he really? No. Egotistical. All you people fighting for this Guardian are just slaves, man. Let the quiet dark of the void encompass you. It'll be easier that way.
cue5c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:23 AM   #125
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
You are in the joking mood today. It is interesting. I dont remember you this way from our game. Will try to read up sometime. Just wanted to let you know, I'm aware!!
I'm in a good mood and far less nervous than I was last game where I was basically ****ting myself every single minute.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive