Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2015, 09:28 AM   #76
SmartBomb
centurion
 
SmartBomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 164
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Also you're a dog I forgot to add that in

Also echoing the disappearance of Achromatic
SmartBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:29 AM   #77
Slendy
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 425
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
Sounds like me.

Fonti can you laugh at my Taylor swift joke no one else has and it made me sad.
There, there -- I laughed, but I was playing poker so I didn't comment on it.
Slendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:30 AM   #78
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBomb View Post
Hi Banks my browser just crashed let me give you the cliffs notes

I think you're town so far but not confirmed at all (as in not obviously town) but you're obviously a very good player and that scares me regardless of alignment, and your case on me is fine for a Day 1 case.
RIP your browser. I wouldn't even call it a case tbh I just think you sound different not what I expected from the thread but I need to read your game might have time to do that today seeing as how slow things are.

Oh I forgot to read fonti but shes mad I'm posting so much. Not an alignment indication as of yet. She is a giant smell face though so there is that.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:32 AM   #79
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

I am playing putt putt with the family. Will be on a lot this afternoon don't you worry
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:32 AM   #80
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
There, there -- I laughed, but I was playing poker so I didn't comment on it.
I'm jealous you live somewhere that you can play poker online (assuming you're not posting from a casino)
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:34 AM   #81
SmartBomb
centurion
 
SmartBomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 164
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

It's a case in the same way that Day 1 is a day with information. I struggle to make cases on Day 1 because most of my posts on Neo are saying that we need to achieve a lynch but then end up calling out weak cases because it's Day 1. Someone called me out on it and I've been struggling to get out of that mindset.
SmartBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:34 AM   #82
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
I am playing putt putt with the family. Will be on a lot this afternoon don't you worry
Oh fun. I hope you're winning what color ball are you using? Blue or gtfo.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:35 AM   #83
SmartBomb
centurion
 
SmartBomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 164
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

So yes it's a case inasmuch as Day 1 is a Day with information. Does that make sense?

Staying until :00 and then sleeping.
SmartBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:36 AM   #84
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBomb View Post
It's a case in the same way that Day 1 is a day with information. I struggle to make cases on Day 1 because most of my posts on Neo are saying that we need to achieve a lynch but then end up calling out weak cases because it's Day 1. Someone called me out on it and I've been struggling to get out of that mindset.
How do you mean achieve a lynch? Do you have to get majority to get a lynch there?
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:37 AM   #85
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

I'd like to claim that I didn't kill anyone Night 0. You may now townread me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBomb View Post
I just breathed the biggest sigh of relief on my face right now because I didn't rand scum phew

Requesting my bio to be changed to Riki's pls
You don't like rolling mafia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
Definitely want to hear the reasoning for this later today.
Why not then and there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatchetOPB View Post
Interestingly enough, no. The claiming town/treating yourself as confirmed town thing is a scum tell because of its manipulative nature. By claiming to be something, some players, especially the lazier ones, subconsciously equate that player with town, which affects their gut reads. Depending on the playing field, it could well be used as a means of manipulating the town on the cheap. On the flipside, claiming scum offers no obvious benefits gained from manipulation, as it puts attention onto yourself, rather than skimming it away.
I've actually encountered the opposite in my experience. Scum tend to feel awkward, like they'd be overacting if they made a post proclaiming relief at rolling town. Honest town, on the other hand, do it all the time. I also really doubt that it's a major tell in this context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
Once I've seen more posts from you.
:/

At least you're consistent. When you're done with this, can we talk about the reasons for waiting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
Sounds like me.

Fonti can you laugh at my Taylor swift joke no one else has and it made me sad.
I didn't see it. I may or may not being skimming your posts. You're probably going down the wrong path with the Bomb dude, though. Dorian already told you why.
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:39 AM   #86
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Oh, and the vote on Banks is now semi-serious. Hi Banks. I don't like your reads.
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:40 AM   #87
SmartBomb
centurion
 
SmartBomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 164
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

@Bas: Yes.

@font: My mafia game is way below par. I never mention it in my bio because that's how obvious it is. And in a game of Champions where I'm representing my community I really don't want to roll a role that I would probably throw the game for not myself but maybe even my teammates.
SmartBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:40 AM   #88
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBomb View Post
So yes it's a case inasmuch as Day 1 is a Day with information. Does that make sense?

Staying until :00 and then sleeping.
makes sense to me that its a case based on incomplete info.

You have any Day 1 feels about anyone?
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:42 AM   #89
Slendy
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 425
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Not a huge fan of fontisian's start, either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
I'm jealous you live somewhere that you can play poker online (assuming you're not posting from a casino)
Is it illegal in Texas?

We get to start drinking and going to bars at 18 but we also can't get a proper driver's license until that age. Stricter gun regulations, too, but other than that Finland's a pretty free place to live I'd say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian
Why not then and there?
Didn't want to 'force' Bankertin to out what parts of Ratchet's tone he was interpreting in what manner until there was More Words in the Thread by everyone.
Slendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:42 AM   #90
SmartBomb
centurion
 
SmartBomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 164
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Contrary to Banks' and fontisan's statements, I like that Slendy doesn't want to elaborate. It seems unnecessary - when someone's only got four posts in the game is it really necessary? - and hey maybe you want them to flounder a lot more.

Idk maybe it's because I dislike Dorian for probably the same reasons Slendy has
SmartBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:43 AM   #91
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
I'd like to claim that I didn't kill anyone Night 0. You may now townread me.


You don't like rolling mafia?


Why not then and there?


I've actually encountered the opposite in my experience. Scum tend to feel awkward, like they'd be overacting if they made a post proclaiming relief at rolling town. Honest town, on the other hand, do it all the time. I also really doubt that it's a major tell in this context.


:/

At least you're consistent. When you're done with this, can we talk about the reasons for waiting?


I didn't see it. I may or may not being skimming your posts. You're probably going down the wrong path with the Bomb dude, though. Dorian already told you why.

I don't think smart is a wolf for saying he was town I think that matters very little. I think his posting is awkward but I need to read game 5 and see how he posted there he might just normally post awkward not sure.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:44 AM   #92
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Wait, nevermind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
Wow Bomb actually IS starting to give off awkward-vibes.

Interesting.
Slendy

Hi. Why is it "interesting?" What does "interesting" even mean? Why do you think Bomb's being awkward? What's with the capital "IS"? It shouldn't be a shocking revelation.
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:46 AM   #93
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBomb View Post
Contrary to Banks' and fontisan's statements, I like that Slendy doesn't want to elaborate. It seems unnecessary - when someone's only got four posts in the game is it really necessary? - and hey maybe you want them to flounder a lot more.

Idk maybe it's because I dislike Dorian for probably the same reasons Slendy has
I disagree strongly. We're at the beginning of the game. Unless you're setting a trap (and it should be a good one), giving analysis trumps everything else. Not providing that analysis is just overly safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
I don't think smart is a wolf for saying he was town I think that matters very little. I think his posting is awkward but I need to read game 5 and see how he posted there he might just normally post awkward not sure.
I don't think he's awkward?
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:47 AM   #94
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Hi guys

Looks like Banks aka Hipstergoat (yes, it is your future nick, don't deny it) is still being Banks (that means a lot of posts).

I'm going to look through the first posts now and comment on whatever I think is worth commenting on.
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:47 AM   #95
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Oh, and the vote on Banks is now semi-serious. Hi Banks. I don't like your reads.
I like them but I'm probably biased. Do you not like them because you disagree or because you think I'm making them in the wrong way? Also does this make you think I'm a wolf because of it.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:48 AM   #96
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
Hi guys

Looks like Banks aka Hipstergoat (yes, it is your future nick, don't deny it) is still being Banks (that means a lot of posts).

I'm going to look through the first posts now and comment on whatever I think is worth commenting on.
hey buddy! Glad you're back. I'm trying not to spam but its so damn hard. I feel like its a turtle paced game atm.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:49 AM   #97
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
How's this relevant?
I don't like this. I dont see the reason why Slendy would try to interrupt a potential interaction. Maybe he had a tell? maybe he had an idea? anyways, the observation that the question seems irrelevant could easuly have been noted and stated later on, when giving the interaction a chance to actually take form.
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:50 AM   #98
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
hey buddy! Glad you're back. I'm trying not to spam but its so damn hard. I feel like its a turtle paced game atm.
Haha I'm expecting you to spam, so it's okay. It is your style, you shouldnt try to change it, just because of me. However if you can like cut 10% off, then it is a potential of 100 posts less to read
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:51 AM   #99
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Wait, nevermind.


Slendy

Hi. Why is it "interesting?" What does "interesting" even mean? Why do you think Bomb's being awkward? What's with the capital "IS"? It shouldn't be a shocking revelation.
Interesting line fonti,
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:53 AM   #100
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
I like them but I'm probably biased. Do you not like them because you disagree or because you think I'm making them in the wrong way? Also does this make you think I'm a wolf because of it.
The former. I have townreads on Bomb, Dorian and now road, and a scummish vibe from Slendy. You probably aren't scum if Slendy is scum though - is what I was going to say until I realized Slendy's vote isn't actually on Bomb. It's on Ratchet from RVS.

Slendy, is there a reason for that?
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive