Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2015, 06:31 PM   #926
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

cue5c for now!
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:33 PM   #927
MSU
journeyman
 
MSU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Central City
Posts: 247
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
slendy making "soft" reads on like the first page of the game is pretty different from what banks is accusing you of

like when you put in context that all of those posts you quoted are made on the first page the things you're attacking his posts for don't really work
Is this directed at me?
MSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:34 PM   #928
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
Okay, I'm not sure I will be online at eod. I just tried to ISO some of the lower-count posters, but fell asleep during page 2, and im totally bomed now. I read a little bit more, and to me MSU felt genuine and I can relate to his mindset. I would not think this would be an ideal lynch. I also thinks this game is tough to follow, and i'm more busy than last game, so his small frustration on not being able to keep up is genuine to me (like bhuber too)

However I realized that I wouldnt mind a Slendy wagon. I found his intro slightly, and just slightly scummy and he havent made anything villager since.

Btw, in fear of not getting to finish my "peek-riddle" i feel like i have to reveal my peek now. So Banks n0.

I would prefer these as wagons:
Slendy
cue5c
bhuber

and hate that i'm probably not going to make a bigger case on why..

I can live with these in wagons:
Ratchet
MSU
DocEspana

and probably Riki too
why is bhuber still one of your preferred wagons? like what did you think of his recent posting
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:35 PM   #929
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU View Post
Is this directed at me?
yea
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:35 PM   #930
SmartBomb
centurion
 
SmartBomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 164
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
read the posts msu's made since you left and tell me if you still want to lynch him or if not who you'd rather lynch
Yeah I don't see it he's still going back and forth with his reads, now with Bhuber and you, there's nothing I see in his structure of his posts that read town to me (Ie tone) so I don't get it how you all read him town suddenly
SmartBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:36 PM   #931
cue5c
grinder
 
cue5c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SoCal
Posts: 592
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
I think it 50% different experience and 50% my fever.
Fair enough. I'll just blame most of it on your fever. :P
cue5c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:36 PM   #932
dorian78
centurion
 
dorian78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 137
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Well, I see the votes picking up on me, and I hate to have to leave, especially just as I see slendy coming back, but I do. Banks is voting me for being too wordy and constructed, which is how I always am, and how lots of other people here are too. I tried to probe his thought process and he responded with an incredibly dismissive post that twisted my words at least a little and didn't even attempt to answer my question.

Riki...I don't know. I thought we'd come to terms on our disagreements, and I don't know what's changed her mind.

I'll check in as best I can until night, but it will be minimal. If I get mislynched day 1, don't say I didn't call it when I signed up, and I have no idea what kind of information it will provide, as most people have flopped their reads on me back and forth all day or have kept me near neutral.
dorian78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:39 PM   #933
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBomb View Post
Yeah I don't see it he's still going back and forth with his reads, now with Bhuber and you, there's nothing I see in his structure of his posts that read town to me (Ie tone) so I don't get it how you all read him town suddenly
ok

what are you thoughts on the other wagons
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:40 PM   #934
MSU
journeyman
 
MSU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Central City
Posts: 247
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
slendy making "soft" reads on like the first page of the game is pretty different from what banks is accusing you of

like when you put in context that all of those posts you quoted are made on the first page the things you're attacking his posts for don't really work
It was the entirity of his posts.

Scum did the same thing in my game 2.

Same. Exact. Thing.

But I wasn't listened to until my death at night and then he was lynched.

Are you saying his post quality is of the same quality as mine? I disagree. I thought mine were better. I am not high caliber like some others, but better than Slendy.

If you disagree, that's fine.
MSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:41 PM   #935
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian78 View Post
Well, I see the votes picking up on me, and I hate to have to leave, especially just as I see slendy coming back, but I do. Banks is voting me for being too wordy and constructed, which is how I always am, and how lots of other people here are too. I tried to probe his thought process and he responded with an incredibly dismissive post that twisted my words at least a little and didn't even attempt to answer my question.

Riki...I don't know. I thought we'd come to terms on our disagreements, and I don't know what's changed her mind.

I'll check in as best I can until night, but it will be minimal. If I get mislynched day 1, don't say I didn't call it when I signed up, and I have no idea what kind of information it will provide, as most people have flopped their reads on me back and forth all day or have kept me near neutral.
my vote isn't final, there's still like 80 minutes left

this eod has been pretty slow, it's kind of weird tbh
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:41 PM   #936
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Yeah I am really starting to be reminded of game 2 MSU now.
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:42 PM   #937
Slendy
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 425
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
i don't think there's really been anything huge that's happened today

you could maybe elaborate on some of the things you said earlier on that you said you wanted to wait for more posts for
If you mean Dorian, his OP pinged me as the type of post where there's many words to hide the fact that gamesolving-content is lacking, so I wanted to see (and want to see now) whether his narrative evolved into a 'coasting' one or whether there were sparks of green light as the Phase progressed. I remember seeing neutral posts and one that gave me the Town-vibes, but I'm sure there's more from him now.

Ratchet/road and now MSU also were people who pinged me in a similar manner at one point or another, and if this 90 minutes is enough I wish to at the very least go through all the posts they've made. So I can make a proper post about my thoughts re: all of them in a moment.

Got a lot of green vibes from people so I wouldn't be surprised if Scum's been forced onto the backseat, threadflow-wise, and most or even all of them are reactionary rather than proactive. This feels like the proper starting point for me.

fontisiac I probably don't want to go through yet unless they're a hot potato aorn, she returned to null for me.
Slendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:44 PM   #938
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU View Post
It was the entirity of his posts.

Scum did the same thing in my game 2.

Same. Exact. Thing.

But I wasn't listened to until my death at night and then he was lynched.

Are you saying his post quality is of the same quality as mine? I disagree. I thought mine were better. I am not high caliber like some others, but better than Slendy.

If you disagree, that's fine.
that's not really what i'm saying

i thought it kind of felt like you were analyzing his posts the way you'd analyze the posts someone made like halfway or further through a day, which isn't really fair for posts made an hour into the game

unless you're saying scum made the same types of posts early in the game in your game in which case nvm
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:50 PM   #939
cue5c
grinder
 
cue5c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SoCal
Posts: 592
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
cue5c for now!


cue5c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:51 PM   #940
MSU
journeyman
 
MSU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Central City
Posts: 247
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
Yeah I am really starting to be reminded of game 2 MSU now.
Is that a good thing?

MSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:53 PM   #941
MSU
journeyman
 
MSU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Central City
Posts: 247
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
that's not really what i'm saying

i thought it kind of felt like you were analyzing his posts the way you'd analyze the posts someone made like halfway or further through a day, which isn't really fair for posts made an hour into the game

unless you're saying scum made the same types of posts early in the game in your game in which case nvm
Yes, in every day phase...well, the first 2 day phases since I was dead by day 3 and he was lynched on day 3.

He FINALLY put something to paper at the end of day 2 but then switched his vote from the scum to someone else at the last minute but luckily someone else switched to scum at the last minute and we lynched scum.
MSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:57 PM   #942
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Someone, MSU? Someone else switched?

*pouts*
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:57 PM   #943
MSU
journeyman
 
MSU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Central City
Posts: 247
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
Okay, I'm not sure I will be online at eod. I just tried to ISO some of the lower-count posters, but fell asleep during page 2, and im totally bomed now. I read a little bit more, and to me MSU felt genuine and I can relate to his mindset. I would not think this would be an ideal lynch. I also thinks this game is tough to follow, and i'm more busy than last game, so his small frustration on not being able to keep up is genuine to me (like bhuber too)

However I realized that I wouldnt mind a Slendy wagon. I found his intro slightly, and just slightly scummy and he havent made anything villager since.

Btw, in fear of not getting to finish my "peek-riddle" i feel like i have to reveal my peek now. So Banks n0.

I would prefer these as wagons:
Slendy
cue5c
bhuber

and hate that i'm probably not going to make a bigger case on why..

I can live with these in wagons:
Ratchet
MSU
DocEspana

and probably Riki too
Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
cue5c for now!
Road - did you list Cue second because you randomized your three wagons or is Slendy your top, then Cue, than bhuber?

I don't like this vote BTW. He's not gonna be on end of day. He puts a vote on Cue. Why?

I might be dead tomorrow but if we lynch Slendy and he flips scum/wolf/mafia, then I would look at this vote by Road for information.
MSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:58 PM   #944
cue5c
grinder
 
cue5c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SoCal
Posts: 592
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Ughhhhh, I really hope the lynch isn't between Dorian and I. =/
cue5c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:59 PM   #945
SmartBomb
centurion
 
SmartBomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 164
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Slendy is annoying because from my perspective it (The wagon) appeared out of nowhere. His play is about what I would expect from a different player and that's kind of disturbing, actually, now that I remember Game 5. Like it would be a meta thing but IIRC that's not Slendy's town meta which was why I read him town earlier

I wouldn't be upset with it, honestly, because I have a town bloc that I would hard defend today and Slendy is no longer part of it

Bhuber is also an interesting route - I think we're giving him too much latitude maybe for his early posts. Two pushes and no other reads on anyone... I feel like he's a tunnel kind of character but it seems more like a scum sort of tunnel.

Cue my thoughts haven't changed on him he is townleaned in my eyes, not in the town bloc but I think the reasoning to vote him isn't proof of mafia and more proof of his meta, weakest wagon in my eyes and would preferably not lynch
SmartBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:59 PM   #946
MSU
journeyman
 
MSU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Central City
Posts: 247
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
Someone, MSU? Someone else switched?

*pouts*
LOL

I see you caught that little bit of shade I just threw you.



I went into that night phase thinking "Ok, so maybe I was wrong about Achro being mafia and defending BCB, the towniest of townies in order to look better"

And I also went into that night phase thinking - Alpha is dead meat tomorrow.
MSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:59 PM   #947
SmartBomb
centurion
 
SmartBomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 164
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Oh yeah and dorian's on the table for reasons I have no idea about brb
SmartBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 07:01 PM   #948
ChampionsMod
old hand
 
ChampionsMod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,472
Exclamation Vote Count

Votes from post 9 to post 947
Night in 0:59:54

---
VotesLynchVoters
3 MSU bhuber2010 (36), SmartBomb (41), RatchetOPB (58)
3 dorian78 Slendy (21), TehBankertin (185), Riki (151)
3 Slendy cue5c (123), Achromatic (72), MSU (45)
2 cue5c DocEspana (25), road (59)
1 SmartBomb dorian78 (31)
1 bhuber2010 fontisian (78)
ChampionsMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 07:03 PM   #949
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

cue

0_0
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 07:05 PM   #950
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

So 4 way tie at 3.

With 3 people I think are town and Slendy.

... Boy this is going to end in tragedy, isn't it.
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive