Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2015, 06:12 PM   #901
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

...

No, it really doesn't work for video mafia as well. That's part of the reason I've felt pretty crippled there, tbh.
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:15 PM   #902
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Okay, I'm not sure I will be online at eod. I just tried to ISO some of the lower-count posters, but fell asleep during page 2, and im totally bomed now. I read a little bit more, and to me MSU felt genuine and I can relate to his mindset. I would not think this would be an ideal lynch. I also thinks this game is tough to follow, and i'm more busy than last game, so his small frustration on not being able to keep up is genuine to me (like bhuber too)

However I realized that I wouldnt mind a Slendy wagon. I found his intro slightly, and just slightly scummy and he havent made anything villager since.

Btw, in fear of not getting to finish my "peek-riddle" i feel like i have to reveal my peek now. So Banks n0.

I would prefer these as wagons:
Slendy
cue5c
bhuber

and hate that i'm probably not going to make a bigger case on why..

I can live with these in wagons:
Ratchet
MSU
DocEspana

and probably Riki too
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:16 PM   #903
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

literally everyone is saying that they probably don't want to lynch msu anymore and he's still been the top wagon for like 24 hours

seems legit
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:17 PM   #904
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

@Banks

I think it is only natural to be more soft in this game (even though i was actually quite soft in pushing ppl last game too), as we must expect ppl to be good and therefore not so obv scum-candidates as in game 3..

I think you are kind of playing soft too.
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:17 PM   #905
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
Okay, I'm not sure I will be online at eod. I just tried to ISO some of the lower-count posters, but fell asleep during page 2, and im totally bomed now. I read a little bit more, and to me MSU felt genuine and I can relate to his mindset. I would not think this would be an ideal lynch. I also thinks this game is tough to follow, and i'm more busy than last game, so his small frustration on not being able to keep up is genuine to me (like bhuber too)

However I realized that I wouldnt mind a Slendy wagon. I found his intro slightly, and just slightly scummy and he havent made anything villager since.

Btw, in fear of not getting to finish my "peek-riddle" i feel like i have to reveal my peek now. So Banks n0.

I would prefer these as wagons:
Slendy
cue5c
bhuber

and hate that i'm probably not going to make a bigger case on why..

I can live with these in wagons:
Ratchet
MSU
DocEspana

and probably Riki too
i feel like your treatment of me in this game has been weird but that's probably bias because it's me

like why am i in a separate sentence

what's your read on me?
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:18 PM   #906
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

dorian
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:18 PM   #907
RatchetOPB
centurion
 
RatchetOPB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: England
Posts: 108
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
@Banks

I think it is only natural to be more soft in this game (even though i was actually quite soft in pushing ppl last game too), as we must expect ppl to be good and therefore not so obv scum-candidates as in game 3..

I think you are kind of playing soft too.
Wait, why would it be any different? I mean, both are championship games, so...? Is it the presence of wildcards in this game?
RatchetOPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:19 PM   #908
MSU
journeyman
 
MSU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Central City
Posts: 247
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
Actually find dorian78's gamestart the Scummiest so far.
Early post - only vote. No explanation. Why did he find his game the scummiest? I have been defending myself for my soft reads all game long - yet this got ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
Once I've seen more posts from you.
Well...Dorian posted more! I mentioned this early. I first though this was a crafty move. Like "Sure, I'll tell you why in a moment" baiting his prey to mess up again. Almost like poking a lion. Maybe something that Banksy has been doing to me but in a completely different manner.

Now? Well....now I see it as "I didn't have an answer" I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
Early pressure on whom?
I hate this. His vote on Doian was early pressure - how could it not be? Am I misintenting his intent for his only vote? He said he voted for Dorian because of his OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post

What interests me more though is that I don't see how that part of my game so far could feasibly be the most mention-worthy indicator of anything -- almost seems like you just said that in your reads-post for the sake of mentioning something about me, without actual gamesolving!intent behind the post...
He accuses...fonti (dammit, i forgot who this was - my bad)...maybe Road? Someone about their lack of gamesolving intent around him BUT he can be accused of the same thing. See earlier vote and lack of gamesolving intent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
road getting to the red side of my list.
But why? Again, I mean, isn't this just posting something for the sake of posting without reasoning?

So yeah - I can see why Slendy is getting votes. I don't like it either.
MSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:19 PM   #909
SmartBomb
centurion
 
SmartBomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 164
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Yo did I miss something

People are upset with me for calling people right - please refer to this game's bio

but here now
SmartBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:19 PM   #910
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
@Banks

I think it is only natural to be more soft in this game (even though i was actually quite soft in pushing ppl last game too), as we must expect ppl to be good and therefore not so obv scum-candidates as in game 3..

I think you are kind of playing soft too.
weren't you the seer last game?
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:21 PM   #911
MSU
journeyman
 
MSU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Central City
Posts: 247
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

slendy

Will be on in 30...data and all.

Reasoning - see my ISO and my thoughts on what he posted.
MSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:23 PM   #912
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
...

Yeah I really should get that fixed today. Worked out well in Game 5 when the other no avy got hit N2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
Once I've seen more posts from you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
i feel like your treatment of me in this game has been weird but that's probably bias because it's me

like why am i in a separate sentence

what's your read on me?
I think you are more often town than scum, but i dont have a strong read on you. Actually I'm very aware that you have been posting a lot and I have really not any strong opinion on you. I think you are interacting a lot but somehow i feel like it's a bit shallow. But honestly. I'm uncertain and I hate it. Also i just accepted that i would have to evaluate you later on. closing up on eod i decided to focus on possible lynches (i dont think you are, as my overall impression - from spec chat to postgame to this - is that you are a very good player) and my scumreads. I didnt get far though
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:25 PM   #913
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

slendy making "soft" reads on like the first page of the game is pretty different from what banks is accusing you of

like when you put in context that all of those posts you quoted are made on the first page the things you're attacking his posts for don't really work
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:26 PM   #914
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
I think you are more often town than scum, but i dont have a strong read on you. Actually I'm very aware that you have been posting a lot and I have really not any strong opinion on you. I think you are interacting a lot but somehow i feel like it's a bit shallow. But honestly. I'm uncertain and I hate it. Also i just accepted that i would have to evaluate you later on. closing up on eod i decided to focus on possible lynches (i dont think you are, as my overall impression - from spec chat to postgame to this - is that you are a very good player) and my scumreads. I didnt get far though
your impression is incorrect
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:26 PM   #915
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatchetOPB View Post
Wait, why would it be any different? I mean, both are championship games, so...? Is it the presence of wildcards in this game?
with 7 other being wildcards i would expect the level of play to be way higher. I mean, when different sites are sending their rep, there could be some weird ones that are used to play different formts and therefore less skilled in this format (with all respect).

On another note, my initial impression is that the 5 players, not wildcarded, are all quality (just to avoid any misunderstanding)
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:27 PM   #916
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
literally everyone is saying that they probably don't want to lynch msu anymore and he's still been the top wagon for like 24 hours

seems legit
I mean, I just started to want to lynch him. I feel so out of sync this game.
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:27 PM   #917
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBomb View Post
Yo did I miss something

People are upset with me for calling people right - please refer to this game's bio

but here now
read the posts msu's made since you left and tell me if you still want to lynch him or if not who you'd rather lynch
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:28 PM   #918
cue5c
grinder
 
cue5c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SoCal
Posts: 592
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
I mean, I just started to want to lynch him. I feel so out of sync this game.
Why do you think Banks has the reads he has? You clearly disagree with some. What do you think you're seeing that he's not?
cue5c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:29 PM   #919
Slendy
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 425
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Lot of ketchup for me. Will have to skim a lot so feel free to point me out to anything particularly relevant.
Slendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:29 PM   #920
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
I mean, I just started to want to lynch him. I feel so out of sync this game.
i feel like if he was mafia he would've stopped being the top wagon like hours ago

that's just like my level 1 wagon analysis though feel free to correct if i'm wrong
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:30 PM   #921
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
weren't you the seer last game?
Yes, I was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
slendy making "soft" reads on like the first page of the game is pretty different from what banks is accusing you of

like when you put in context that all of those posts you quoted are made on the first page the things you're attacking his posts for don't really work
The slendy quotes was some from my iso of him, before i fell asleep. somehow they were still quoted.
(if you post was directed at me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
your impression is incorrect
Well, that doesnt seem to be consensus!
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:30 PM   #922
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
Lot of ketchup for me. Will have to skim a lot so feel free to point me out to anything particularly relevant.
i don't think there's really been anything huge that's happened today

you could maybe elaborate on some of the things you said earlier on that you said you wanted to wait for more posts for
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:30 PM   #923
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cue5c View Post
Why do you think Banks has the reads he has? You clearly disagree with some. What do you think you're seeing that he's not?
I think it 50% different experience and 50% my fever.
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:31 PM   #924
cue5c
grinder
 
cue5c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SoCal
Posts: 592
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
Lot of ketchup for me. Will have to skim a lot so feel free to point me out to anything particularly relevant.
You 'bout to die.
cue5c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:31 PM   #925
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

it was directed at msu
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive