Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2015, 09:14 PM   #476
cue5c
grinder
 
cue5c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SoCal
Posts: 592
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
Hmmm. In my experience people posting fluffy posts that are not in the very early stages of the game (or with some more dynamic involved) are typically scum. I dont like it. It could be style, but it was the same case with mr. capps in game 3
Cue5c, why do you want to know if ppl have been modding different setups? what was the purpose of this post? Was there any real purpose besides not letting the thread being quiet?
I asked what they were looking to do when modding a game because it's usually a reflection of that persons playstyle, which would allow me to further contextualize a person's posts.
cue5c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:15 PM   #477
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
Hey road I kinda moved you back on to the scum side of things from my early town read even though you didn't post since then it was just upon a reread I have to wonder can you describe your progression on me? Obviously if you haven't caught up please prioritize that but when you get a chance even after your sleep talk to me about it.

Agree on the achros villa lean.
I'm here for only a short matter of time. It is 3 am here and should get some sleep.
But, my read on you: I started out reading you villagery, even though i think your game differ quite a bit from game 3. At least your d1-game. I believe I stated why, but I find your tone, your activity (even though im not weighting this that much), your questioning others, your reads to be villagery. If you want me to be specific I will (but maybe not today lol)
Also I think that exactly putting me on scumlist is villagery of you. Ofc you are suspicious and the uncertainty regarding how you read me, taking game 3 in to consideration is the way i expect villa-Banks to think.
So overall i'm quite confident - for now - that you are villager. And my read really didnt progress that much lol
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:15 PM   #478
cue5c
grinder
 
cue5c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SoCal
Posts: 592
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
I'd quote this post as scummy as scum I know that I DEFINITELY like to point out how town read I'm getting so I can chuckle to myself. That being said if dying early and not moving on is something you're worried about I will let it be known that the person who dies n1 will auto be one of my top 2 unless something else occurs. I know that you care about that and its okay to talk about. Don't play ****tier because you don't want to move on.

Help me find a scum today if we lynch scum on day 1 it would be glorious.
I find lynching scum on day 1, especially in a simple game like this, almost always leads to a town loss. It's much easier to blend in when you only have to worry about 1 other person.
cue5c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:18 PM   #479
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
I like this post. This moves road out of the pink and into the black ground of nulldome.
What did you like? (sorry if we are having multiple discussions going on.) Gonna multiquote next, if you have answered more of my posts
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:21 PM   #480
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBomb View Post
I'm beginning to think road may be scum purely on those last two posts and that I haven't seen anything else from him that pings town either.

But this is your standard play, isn't it, road? I may need to reread some of the games when you're all asleep. I think I can distinguish standard play from those last two posts though.
What do you mean about standard play. What type of style do you mean I'm having here?
But I believe that my standard play is like a mix of catching up/observing/analyzing and interacting. the game 3 I played, it was mostly catching up though and picking a few discussions when possible (because of the volume).
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:25 PM   #481
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

[QUOTE=SmartBomb;47257245]Yeah.

First post I had issue with is road reading Acromatic reading cue. For the same reasons that road disliked Achro I dislike road, it seems like a forced scumread that he needs in order for later in case he needs a lynch later.

The questions to cue mean nothing about the state of the game, I can think of several other questions that would've been more pertinent than asking about the question from those two posts.

I then began to realise that I don't remember any of road's probably 20-odd posts and that irritates me. Then I remembered I didn't remember any of road's posts in Game 3, either.[/QUOTE]

I actually dont recall my read or the posts you are referencing. hell I actually have a mental villagery-note on achro.
Anyways not so sad about the italics, as that was kind of my goal. Maybe the goal is the same in this - at least for the early days. [Not commenting more about this today, unless ppl are making a case on me because of it]
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:27 PM   #482
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
Cause I thought my story was fun and I like cue. I wanted to answer his question while I was reading. He might have a reason for making the post I don't know so I'm more than willing to address it.

Glad I earned a solid null read from that!
Yeah i realized that it might have been an unnecessary post, however I found it weird, and if playing later stages of the game, i tend to read up on my own thoughts from early on, therefore also posting things I find interesting even though they are neutral to me at that time.
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:31 PM   #483
cue5c
grinder
 
cue5c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SoCal
Posts: 592
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Achro, can I be suspicious of you? I'll be sispicious of you if you want. Like how it seems you're saying you're unsure about how town you're coming off because that's exactly what you'd say as town? Are you happy now?
cue5c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:31 PM   #484
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
I lined up with his read on MSU at the same time in the thread that he made teh read I had the read. He also noted my joke which mean he clearly was taking time to read all the posts I know I've had a lot and I think scum would be more apt to skip over or skim my posts. Those two things combined for a village read from me. HE also later said something that I agreed with at the time that felt we were in sync. Although I will say I disagree with his fonti read.

I of course understand people play different game to game. I'm just saying that different could mean a lot of things! I would rather lynch MSU over you atm.

I want you to catch up to realtime please. I'm interested in your progression on me although I'm kind of reading it as you go so we will see.
I find this weird. I mean, You, yourself, highlighted you T.Swift joke - and other ppl also wrote something about it before him mentioning it.
I think it is fair to assume that the possiblity of him having seen that because of the hints ( i know, as I did - and yeah, I know im exposing myself as scum in regards to your reasoning, but think it is important to have that thought in mind).

Therefore I find your reason 2 kind of forced and your villaread the same.

Maybe this is all just because I dont find him villagery at all atm.
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:32 PM   #485
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
What did you like? (sorry if we are having multiple discussions going on.) Gonna multiquote next, if you have answered more of my posts
Its something I hadn't thought of that directly related to a game you had played. It seemed like you were thinking of him repeating the patterns of someone you had seen on day 1 i.e. capps and the songs/photo non-sense. It was your best post in the game imo.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:34 PM   #486
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cue5c View Post
I asked what they were looking to do when modding a game because it's usually a reflection of that persons playstyle, which would allow me to further contextualize a person's posts.
Hmm. Fair point. Not sure if I agree,but I get the feel you are one of those players that shows more and more quality as the game progresses (and I dont think your start has been bad, even though im not townreading you).
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:42 PM   #487
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
I just finished doing some business and have an hour to catch up before nighty night. I know I probably get wolf-leans because of this (catching up, not really interacting), but from experience I have to keep up early on, to actually be able to get good reads.



This discussion between Achro and Riki is quite interesting in that regard that I find Achros perspective villagery. He is questioning Riki for something I noted too.Also he keeps elaborating and not just moves on, which I also kind of like. Villapoints
Town read rescinded.
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:43 PM   #488
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

done with catching up. This is where I am (from mental notes):

Villagers:
road
Banks
Bomb
Achro

Wolfish:
bubher
cue

The rest are neutral for now.
I'm a bit annoyed of not having any lean on fonti, ratchet and Riki as they have all been posting quite a lot. Actually I have had some kind of thought that ratchet are doing the same as coolkid (mafia) in our game 3, but it is not enough to be something I will put as wolfy atm.

I believe I have argued for all of those reads earlier on.
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:46 PM   #489
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

also the person with the same starting letter as me (and actually same amount of letters in whole username) is not my peek.
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:48 PM   #490
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cue5c View Post
I find lynching scum on day 1, especially in a simple game like this, almost always leads to a town loss. It's much easier to blend in when you only have to worry about 1 other person.
I feel bad if thats really the case where you play. I won't be shifting my meta to not trying to lynch scum on day 1. I'm ready to go three straight or die trying.

Fun Question: Do you think finding scum on day 1 is difficult?
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:54 PM   #491
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

@Dorian what did you think of my list of reads I went over recently?

@Slendy same question.

I'm literally begging for interactions this game is kinda tilting me activity wise.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:05 PM   #492
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
This post though. Dont know what to make of it. Would be sick to highlight this, as Achro had given someone else (cue, maybe?) villager-points for something very alike. Oh I'm metaing myself. I think I would write this more often as a villager than as a scum, therefore i give Riki slight villapoints.

Well, that is if:

@Riki, were you aware that Achro had given villapoints to cue, when cue stated that "how should i get villapoints, when you are writing everything i'm thinking"-ish?
yea i did see that post, but i think you might be misunderstanding my post lol

what i was saying was, achro was getting a lot of townreads for his reply to my post, so me making that post should give me credit for the people townreading achro off his reply

(it was just a joke if you couldn't tell)
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:06 PM   #493
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

I can't decide what to do with road but I kinda want to lean more towny on him.

Doc come back sir.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:06 PM   #494
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

so it's been 3-4 hours

msu where
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:08 PM   #495
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
yea i did see that post, but i think you might be misunderstanding my post lol

what i was saying was, achro was getting a lot of townreads for his reply to my post, so me making that post should give me credit for the people townreading achro off his reply

(it was just a joke if you couldn't tell)
What do you think of roads reappearance as a whole?

What about smartbombs?
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:09 PM   #496
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

i like road's list except for the bhuber scum read

also didn't see anything wrong with what he posted during his catchup but i mostly skimmed those posts
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:11 PM   #497
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

smartbomb i have as slightly town but apparently he says his scum game is horrible so if he's scum he'll probably just make himself obvious and we won't have to worry about him too much?
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:11 PM   #498
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

i was actually going to ask about that but i forgot to

smartbomb what makes your scum game horrible and stuff, maybe post previous games
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:18 PM   #499
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
smartbomb i have as slightly town but apparently he says his scum game is horrible so if he's scum he'll probably just make himself obvious and we won't have to worry about him too much?
I doubt he'd lie. How would that help him right?
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:21 PM   #500
MSU
journeyman
 
MSU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Central City
Posts: 247
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

I'm back and reading through things - give me 15.
MSU is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive