Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2015, 07:53 PM   #426
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Me and Banker had a good chat over it, SmartBomb. We had a real bonding moment.
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:56 PM   #427
SmartBomb
centurion
 
SmartBomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 164
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

I'm like several steps behind everyone because I don't actually read posts in the game :| Won't lie I'm struggling with the post quality here
SmartBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:56 PM   #428
RatchetOPB
centurion
 
RatchetOPB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: England
Posts: 108
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
Hes saying what you said could be a signal like "hey look this dude is emulating his town game" but scum knows hes town so the only person trying to emulate vt play that isn't vt would be the cop. Thus pointing this out is anti-town.

(the computer at work auto corrected my misstype of emulating to immolating lol)
Seems quite reaching to me. Also pretty pointless, considering that the only way that could be used to actually kill someone is through the Mafia kill (kind of hard to push a lynch on someone you say you are reading as town after all), and in that case, such tactics may as well just be discussed in private, as the OP confirms private communication is allowed at Night anyway. A rather large risk for a very low gain (just a preemptive acknowledgement if anything).
RatchetOPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:57 PM   #429
SmartBomb
centurion
 
SmartBomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 164
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

uh, quantity
SmartBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:59 PM   #430
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatchetOPB View Post
Because his logic and reason would be affected by meta? Things he finds scummy might be considered differently, affecting his logic further? It's completely different, and certain to affect his play, or anyone's not used to this format.
instead of talking generally it's probably more useful to talk about this particular case

i don't think any of what i said wrt dorian could be excused by just saying "different meta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatchetOPB View Post
How so? They need to lie, manipulate and falsify information. More to the point, they have to make it appear like they think something but do not already know it as fact. So of course they have to work harder, at the very least they have to be on their toes more when making reads, which in turn means they have to work harder.

You make it sound like that isn't a huge difference. It is. They are coming from an entirely different perspective - town are looking for scum, and will notice people offering posts that look town, whereas scum need to try and blend into the Town, and so it might be less obvious to them because they are reading it differently. That's just one of many affects from the difference.

They do to an extent. They need to fabricate the read to make it look like a read and not a confirmation of them being town. They need to make it look like they think someone is town, not that they know.
i don't really agree with you, but i can kind of understand your reasoning which is good enough for me probably

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatchetOPB View Post
Mind quoting it back if you can, if you feel you want me to respond to it? I may have missed it (unlikely).

Could that not imply him looking to blend in to what most people agreed on, while looking like he wasn't just going along with the flow (so he offered a weaker reason)?

Perhaps, but that doesn't have to make a difference.

I don't agree. Those reads allow scum to go along with the flow, but obviously doing so is scummy, so they have to look like they are looking at it through the eyes of town. The last thing they want is attention thrown onto them for bandwagonning and parroting, no?
so like, alternatively, he could just not say anything
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:01 PM   #431
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBomb View Post
I'm like several steps behind everyone because I don't actually read posts in the game :| Won't lie I'm struggling with the post quality here
Not to be mean about it or anything, but you excelled in a game of somewhat similar pace enough to be chosen for this spot. Although I do admit I don't read every post, but not because of a struggle I just prefer live reads on everyone as opposed to looking back, especially day one. I get almost nothing from seeing how other people interact without me somewhere in the middle.
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:03 PM   #432
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
Something in Banker's favor, not a huge weight but something I am keeping in mind, is scum don't usually so recklessly post as he has. He would need to be very confident in his scum game to post with such impunity because obviously the more he posts the more chances he has to make errors.
i think he's town but volume probably isn't the best tell to use with him

apparently he had a game on here where he posted like 800 times as mafia
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:05 PM   #433
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBomb View Post
@Riki: MSU's post I called him out on had no reads, dorian's post had. I haven't taken into account his actual reads post.
you called him one of the best players itg without actually taking into account his reads? wot
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:07 PM   #434
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

I just finished doing some business and have an hour to catch up before nighty night. I know I probably get wolf-leans because of this (catching up, not really interacting), but from experience I have to keep up early on, to actually be able to get good reads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
But, why give him help? Why not see what he does unimpeded by your advice to get a further read on him? My questioning of you doesn't actually really include Doc's alignment, it is irrelevant to the discussion.
This discussion between Achro and Riki is quite interesting in that regard that I find Achros perspective villagery. He is questioning Riki for something I noted too.Also he keeps elaborating and not just moves on, which I also kind of like. Villapoints
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:08 PM   #435
SmartBomb
centurion
 
SmartBomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 164
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

MSU's reads post, yo.

Achro I replaced into Day 4 activity was significantly lower
SmartBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:09 PM   #436
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatchetOPB View Post
Seems quite reaching to me. Also pretty pointless, considering that the only way that could be used to actually kill someone is through the Mafia kill (kind of hard to push a lynch on someone you say you are reading as town after all), and in that case, such tactics may as well just be discussed in private, as the OP confirms private communication is allowed at Night anyway. A rather large risk for a very low gain (just a preemptive acknowledgement if anything).
In the game I was in mr capps called out to mafia that they should try to lynch the good players or something to that effect on day 1 before communication at night could begin. I didn't notice it at first but some scum can be very brazen. For what its worth I don't agree with cue's conclusion I just saw where he was going with it.

So when you went over my reads you said that you hoped it wasn't for a joke someone made or something along those lines. It most definitely was I will read people for some very silly things including last game I initially read Yates as town for a picture he posted at the start of the game. I also scum read qq incorrectly for a smile. Does the fact that I make reads like that effect your read on me?
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:10 PM   #437
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
i think he's town but volume probably isn't the best tell to use with him

apparently he had a game on here where he posted like 800 times as mafia
... Okay, duly noted then. Confident in his scum game it is.
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:10 PM   #438
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

i think i should get some credit for everyone townreading achro since it was my post he questioned
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:11 PM   #439
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
i think he's town but volume probably isn't the best tell to use with him

apparently he had a game on here where he posted like 800 times as mafia
This is accurate its the Baldur's Gate game I linked previously. There was 50 ish people I believe in the game so volume in big games like that is very easy to provide. Content on the other hand is not.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:12 PM   #440
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

You know if anyone wants to like suddenly find a reason to suspect me that'd be fantastic because I am getting a little nervous. Last game I am pretty sure I was only allowed to live ... actually I end gamed that game huh, so rare anyway I only lived so long because people were kind of worried about me.

Now everyone is just like "yeah this Achro guy is great and we love him" and it's like uhh can we not do this so easily? Come on guys, I'm a great scum player too! Doubt doubt doubt.
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:13 PM   #441
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
I just finished doing some business and have an hour to catch up before nighty night. I know I probably get wolf-leans because of this (catching up, not really interacting), but from experience I have to keep up early on, to actually be able to get good reads.



This discussion between Achro and Riki is quite interesting in that regard that I find Achros perspective villagery. He is questioning Riki for something I noted too.Also he keeps elaborating and not just moves on, which I also kind of like. Villapoints
Hey road I kinda moved you back on to the scum side of things from my early town read even though you didn't post since then it was just upon a reread I have to wonder can you describe your progression on me? Obviously if you haven't caught up please prioritize that but when you get a chance even after your sleep talk to me about it.

Agree on the achros villa lean.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:14 PM   #442
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
But, why give him help? Why not see what he does unimpeded by your advice to get a further read on him? My questioning of you doesn't actually really include Doc's alignment, it is irrelevant to the discussion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
i'm not sure if i worded this well

to reexplain, this is what dorian's thought progression has been afaict:

> he thinks mafia are more likely to push easy wagons (i agree)
> he thinks slendy pushed easy wagons last game as town (i disagree, but it's w/e)

-> he thinks slendy is town this game for pushing easy wagons again
-> he doesn't think slendy is mafia pushing easy wagons because he thinks it's difficult for mafia to replicate their town game

that justification makes literally no sense to me
Well that depends on what read you weight the most. In games like this where players are considered quite good I find ir likely to get reads on ppl that are contradicting. In those cases it is ofc the reads summed up but also what read you weight most. I think this clearly shows what of those two reads you consider most important. I think it is possible dorian considered the first.

I actually agree with you. A 1-game sample is simply not a big enough baseline. However I still find it villagery that he uses this to argue why he thinks Slendy is villa.
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:15 PM   #443
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
i think i should get some credit for everyone townreading achro since it was my post he questioned
Not with a FICO Credit score of 364 you don't.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:18 PM   #444
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
You know if anyone wants to like suddenly find a reason to suspect me that'd be fantastic because I am getting a little nervous. Last game I am pretty sure I was only allowed to live ... actually I end gamed that game huh, so rare anyway I only lived so long because people were kind of worried about me.

Now everyone is just like "yeah this Achro guy is great and we love him" and it's like uhh can we not do this so easily? Come on guys, I'm a great scum player too! Doubt doubt doubt.
I'd quote this post as scummy as scum I know that I DEFINITELY like to point out how town read I'm getting so I can chuckle to myself. That being said if dying early and not moving on is something you're worried about I will let it be known that the person who dies n1 will auto be one of my top 2 unless something else occurs. I know that you care about that and its okay to talk about. Don't play ****tier because you don't want to move on.

Help me find a scum today if we lynch scum on day 1 it would be glorious.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:19 PM   #445
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
I find it extremely unlikely scum rolls up into the game and is all like "Man, this guy stole my points. Let me pout about it."

That'd be absurdly strong scum game right there tbh.
This was exactly my point!

... Nah, actually i diagree with this read. I dont find it villagery at all. I cant find any reason why scum should not do this. In my mind it is neutral. Seems like a bit forced villaread
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:22 PM   #446
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Fonti when will you be around to talk about your reads?
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:23 PM   #447
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cue5c View Post
Ugh, you're totalllllly the guardian from the story. Man, we all gotta die and then be like flowers or some ****, okay? Like flowers with a conscience that are screaming in their mute voice "I was once like you, now I am just death. You laugh at those teenage girls with cameras taking pictures of flowers they claim as art, but it's because they sense themselves in me as you will one day, too. Acknowledge me. Acknowledge me while you can. Take a picture and frame it. I will guide you through the darkness."

But then they wilt and die and are gone forever. They, the us. We, who are them, who is you. Okay? But I won't vote to kill you if you're truly scare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cue5c View Post
Ooooookay, it's quiet. Has anyone here modded any games and/or created setups? What was your favorite and what were you trying to accomplish when making it?
Hmmm. In my experience people posting fluffy posts that are not in the very early stages of the game (or with some more dynamic involved) are typically scum. I dont like it. It could be style, but it was the same case with mr. capps in game 3
Cue5c, why do you want to know if ppl have been modding different setups? what was the purpose of this post? Was there any real purpose besides not letting the thread being quiet?
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:24 PM   #448
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Yes! Yes! Let the doubt flow through you! Okay fine I'll stop.

Actually, believe it or not I am not worried about the aspect of moving on. I just... really like playing the game of mafia, and I want to do my home board proud because... I don't know. We don't play as much mafia as we used to, and I've been saying for years I think I can compete with anyone and it's corny but this was a chance to prove my style of mafia really was top notch. I just want to continue proving that. I sound like an RPG protagonist now.

@ road:

I feel like scum have to, to their demise at times, have a point to their posts. I think his post reeks of weakness and I am not sure if a scum would roll in with that type of post and offering so little. It's one of those things where I feel like it looks bad, so scum wouldn't do it naturally.
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:26 PM   #449
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
Hmmm. In my experience people posting fluffy posts that are not in the very early stages of the game (or with some more dynamic involved) are typically scum. I dont like it. It could be style, but it was the same case with mr. capps in game 3
Cue5c, why do you want to know if ppl have been modding different setups? what was the purpose of this post? Was there any real purpose besides not letting the thread being quiet?
I like this post. This moves road out of the pink and into the black ground of nulldome.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:29 PM   #450
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
Yes! Yes! Let the doubt flow through you! Okay fine I'll stop.

Actually, believe it or not I am not worried about the aspect of moving on. I just... really like playing the game of mafia, and I want to do my home board proud because... I don't know. We don't play as much mafia as we used to, and I've been saying for years I think I can compete with anyone and it's corny but this was a chance to prove my style of mafia really was top notch. I just want to continue proving that. I sound like an RPG protagonist now.

@ road:

I feel like scum have to, to their demise at times, have a point to their posts. I think his post reeks of weakness and I am not sure if a scum would roll in with that type of post and offering so little. It's one of those things where I feel like it looks bad, so scum wouldn't do it naturally.
Keep on with the self doubt just focus more on finding a wolf to hang. You played with MSU how do you think hes doing? Also ignore this if you don't want to say.

I also want to do well for my community. Mainly I want to come into the forum and compete with those who are naturally in the environment when I'm use to video which is vastly different. We could have played 4 games of video mafia in the 12 hours this game has been going.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive