Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2015, 08:13 PM   #3251
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

If MSU is around can you talk about why you felt you had to out d2?
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:13 PM   #3252
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Banks has also played with me fairly extensively. Still, good on him for making final 3 difficult.
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:15 PM   #3253
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
GG, was a very fun game to be a part of. Lots of excellent performances and players. Don't feel too bad about the f3, Riki, it's always easier to point out the 'relevant' details wrt every Player from the luxurious, non-stressful spectator chat....after REQUESTING us to not post before he'd done his cases on us. :P

Like, yeah, Banks is a great player and he did a huge favour with his last moments, but putting things like this is just painting things in an intentionally wrong colour, lol.
to be fair you indicated I was a wolf by voting me so why listen to me :P
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:15 PM   #3254
bhuber2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bhuber2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: #PTPers4life
Posts: 16,332
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
I wish you had quoted what I said about you in f5. You said my case sucked and I said something about how there wasn't something there so I can't make it up. Pretty good point I thought that would help riki turn on you in final 3 although you apparently didn't read them until the last day lol.
Yeah. I mean I thought he might weigh the opinion of a confirmed townie who felt fonti was very likely mafia (and who has played with him the most) a little heavier.

There is so much info in the thread that it made it difficult for me to quote posts on earlier pages from my phone. Which is why I alluded to your posts, I just couldn't find them from my phone :/
bhuber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:18 PM   #3255
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

I think final 5 was probably a bad idea on my part but I knew that as a wolf I would have come out swinging and refused to die so I felt laying back and making cases would make it easier to see me as town. I knew for fonti it would. IT helped me figure out Fonti was the last wolf so it was probably a little selfish because it gave me a read others wouldn't have gotten. I was hoping it would carry a lot more weight than it ended up doing. Shame riki had to go I'd like to tell him GG and that it was fun having post game town win for awhile with him on d4 when we both thought dorian had conceded.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:19 PM   #3256
bhuber2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bhuber2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: #PTPers4life
Posts: 16,332
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Anyhow, can't post from bathroom any longer :/ gg guys
bhuber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:19 PM   #3257
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

I also think the bhuber mafia kills riki a > average% of the time because he can run a world of paranoia for fonti or just let slendy move into the world that he was on of thinking fonti was mafia if I was town. That wasn't brought up when I think it probably should have been.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:20 PM   #3258
corycurren
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
corycurren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: heel turn
Posts: 13,629
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

getlunched.com
corycurren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:20 PM   #3259
benneh
hehe
 
benneh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: i'm the deep villager hehe
Posts: 28,868
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

WOAT f5 play. Seriously.
benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:21 PM   #3260
RatchetOPB
centurion
 
RatchetOPB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: England
Posts: 108
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
If MSU is around can you talk about why you felt you had to out d2?
I think it was because he wasn't going to be around and didn't have the time to sway it from him to myself, which is what it was looking like. A lot can happen at the end of day of course, but there would be nothing worse than him leaving and then flipping cop while I still had some wiggle room to perhaps escape the day 3 lynch. In fact, him getting mislynched as cop is just terrible anyway. It definitely didn't work out well for him, but I can see why he did what he did.
RatchetOPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:21 PM   #3261
Slendy
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 425
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
to be fair you indicated I was a wolf by voting me so why listen to me :P
The bhuber-case wasn't enough for me to feel relieved about you, and once you started churning out the content that could've made me Vote differently, it was way past midnight my time AND there was only a couple of hours left in the Phase. Didn't feel like changing my mind in such a situation, since Fonti flipping Town would've been a downright disaster.

Should've gone about the Phase differently, definitely, but hindsight's hindsight.
Slendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:23 PM   #3262
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

I'm interested to read PizzaGuy's flavor the whole way through start to finish. Seems like you put a lot of work into it and during the game I skimmed it for the most part.

I love some good flavor modding Thanks PIZZA guy wish I could have joined you up for finals.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:30 PM   #3263
SmartBomb
centurion
 
SmartBomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 164
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

heart clearly wasn't in this game but that's no excuse, gg wp everyone, in particular fonti and scumbuddies for f3 and winning
SmartBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:39 PM   #3264
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
The bhuber-case wasn't enough for me to feel relieved about you, and once you started churning out the content that could've made me Vote differently, it was way past midnight my time AND there was only a couple of hours left in the Phase. Didn't feel like changing my mind in such a situation, since Fonti flipping Town would've been a downright disaster.

Should've gone about the Phase differently, definitely, but hindsight's hindsight.
In my head I thought riki has been around a lot at EoD so has fonti and yourself. Bhuber naa so I thought that scum me 100% makes a case on someone thats convincing enough to sway votes in time but town me I waited until it had to be the last couple of hours so it was obvious I could only do it as town. I told you to switch your vote at :00 you could have swayed people in final 3 which might have helped.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:39 PM   #3265
cue5c
grinder
 
cue5c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SoCal
Posts: 592
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
GG. You had be a little scared at the end there, bhuber.

I actually think that Day 1 push on Slendy is fairly normal for me? I like to hop from tunnel to tunnel some Day 1s.
I'm not sure if you picked up on it, but when I said I always read a scum read as town on day 1, I was talking about you and not achro. Still, good job on winning. I'm glad your logic isn't as weird as it would be if you were town.

Road, you get to keep your record. :P
cue5c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:40 PM   #3266
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBomb View Post
heart clearly wasn't in this game but that's no excuse, gg wp everyone, in particular fonti and scumbuddies for f3 and winning
Shame I love people with a lot of heart and your game 5 play had heart. That difference through me off Sorry I pushed on you.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:41 PM   #3267
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cue5c View Post
I'm not sure if you picked up on it, but when I said I always read a scum read as town on day 1, I was talking about you and not achro. Still, good job on winning. I'm glad your logic isn't as weird as it would be if you were town.

Road, you get to keep your record. :P
Saw it, thought it was possibly me, intentionally ignored it.
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:45 PM   #3268
Slendy
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 425
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
In my head I thought riki has been around a lot at EoD so has fonti and yourself. Bhuber naa so I thought that scum me 100% makes a case on someone thats convincing enough to sway votes in time but town me I waited until it had to be the last couple of hours so it was obvious I could only do it as town. I told you to switch your vote at :00 you could have swayed people in final 3 which might have helped.
Right -- too bad that was the only EoDP when only us two were around.

I do think my opinion wrt a possible final three was clear enough even without the symbolic Vote. :P

What I did forget though/didn't realize in time was that fonti tunneling on cue+signalling Ratchet to switch+cue is SHK'd->once you flip Town, fonti's the likeliest person to have Seer Hunted cue. That's something that would've been useful in the Thread.
Slendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:46 PM   #3269
cue5c
grinder
 
cue5c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SoCal
Posts: 592
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Saw it, thought it was possibly me, intentionally ignored it.
It was a good kill choice. I was gonna fakeclaim cop and that you were mafia pretty much immediately the next day, which is why I was setting up a cop persona so early on. All the kills this game were very smart.
cue5c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:47 PM   #3270
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatchetOPB View Post
I think it was because he wasn't going to be around and didn't have the time to sway it from him to myself, which is what it was looking like. A lot can happen at the end of day of course, but there would be nothing worse than him leaving and then flipping cop while I still had some wiggle room to perhaps escape the day 3 lynch. In fact, him getting mislynched as cop is just terrible anyway. It definitely didn't work out well for him, but I can see why he did what he did.
BTW this is why optimal cop play is to leave checks plainly in the open as vt or cop and if you die at night the info is known so nothing much is lost from it. It allows you to play very townie and avoid a lynch and not be worried about your info being lost as either vt or cop.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:47 PM   #3271
ChampionsMod
old hand
 
ChampionsMod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,472
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Congratulations to the mafia! And GG everyone. I hope you all enjoyed yourselves. Please add me on Skype to get added to the spectator chat (I will add back those that I kicked before the game): thingyman

Also, get your votes to me. I need ALL the players to vote, please. Send them via PM.

POST-GAME VOTE

You are a giving a RANKED TOP 4.

You are voting for "Best Player". Not "MVP".

So to be clear, the Best Player award is different from the MVP award in that the player(s) that you're voting don't have to have actually had the most positive impact on the game (otherwise people that die early will rarely be in contention), rather they just need to have shown you qualities in this game that convinced you that they are the best player(s) in general. Or another way of putting it: Based on what you've seen this game, who would you draft to be on your team in a random game in order to improve your chances of winning?

You cannot include yourself in your votes.

Note: Notice that it's a Top 4 this time, not Top 3. This is because 3 people are moving on this time, not just 2, so I would like "more votes" to make a better "sample size" or whatever you would call it.
ChampionsMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:49 PM   #3272
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cue5c View Post
It was a good kill choice. I was gonna fakeclaim cop and that you were mafia pretty much immediately the next day, which is why I was setting up a cop persona so early on. All the kills this game were very smart.
kills kinda played themselves after n1 tbh.

But I think you were the strongest town in the game. Clearly not a cop but strongest town. I hope you get to make the finals you will be my vote.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:49 PM   #3273
cue5c
grinder
 
cue5c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SoCal
Posts: 592
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
I tried to tell you guys Sacced myself in final 5 even to present the fonti case. Oh well.

GG Sorry town I played really poorly. Caused a lot of problems.

Cue should get everyone's votes btw He was mere seconds from making an amazing switch day 1 and took a role bullet. I feel had he lived longer town wins the game.

Riki my post buddy this game combining for 1300 gg
Or I would have screwed it up more, but at least everything would have gone down in flames. Drama is fun.
cue5c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:53 PM   #3274
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cue5c View Post
Or I would have screwed it up more, but at least everything would have gone down in flames. Drama is fun.
If your vote moves over you die in the night cause fonti still thinks you're the cop and msu checks someone more useful and maybe doesn't out.

Sucks that mere seconds caused a bunch of difference this game but oh well.

I would love to play another game with you.

Sent in my votes you were at the top. glgl
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:54 PM   #3275
cue5c
grinder
 
cue5c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SoCal
Posts: 592
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
kills kinda played themselves after n1 tbh.

But I think you were the strongest town in the game. Clearly not a cop but strongest town. I hope you get to make the finals you will be my vote.
I really don't expect to, but I do hope to play more games with you regardless of the outcome. Pretty much everyone who played was great and a refreshing change of pace and skill. Even though I died early, this was such a great experience and I'm so happy with whoever recommended my site. I wouldn't even be playing right now if it wasn't for whoever decided to add a game six and include us, so I'm grateful for whatever happens.
cue5c is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive