Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2015, 08:00 PM   #3076
ChampionsMod
old hand
 
ChampionsMod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,472
Exclamation Vote Count

Votes from post 2966 to post 3075
Night in 23:59:57

---
VotesLynchVoters
3 not voting bhuber2010 (21), fontisian (33), Riki (48)

Caution! Votes today are locked in. No vote changing or unvoting today.
ChampionsMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:01 PM   #3077
ChampionsMod
old hand
 
ChampionsMod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,472
Exclamation Vote Count

Votes from post 2966 to post 3076
Night in 21:59:55

---
VotesLynchVoters
3 not voting bhuber2010 (21), fontisian (33), Riki (48)

Caution! Votes today are locked in. No vote changing or unvoting today.
ChampionsMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:20 PM   #3078
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

so is anyone here
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:45 PM   #3079
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuber2010 View Post
Also, you guys should read road's wall of text about me now that I found it in ISO. If I was road mafia bro, I doubt he'd go through the hassle of justifying a SUPER thin villager read of me in this way. Like he basically finds the most ******ly thin spots and calls them villagery (because he has TMI of my role).
so you clearly agree that road has a villager read on you for really terrible and thin reasons

and he kept his villager read on you at the start of day 3 despite you having made like no posts in between

so given these two things, why did you still think he was town for all of day 3
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:48 PM   #3080
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

list of things that bhuber hasn't elaborated on yet:
- why he thought banks was the lynch when he entered the thread on day 3
- his stuff with the peeks
- his townread of road on day 3
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:49 PM   #3081
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

number of times bhuber has been asked to elaborate on his road read:

at least like 3 times
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:50 PM   #3082
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

fonti

what is your stance on bussing as mafia

like do you tend to bus a lot or defend your teammates a lot
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:55 PM   #3083
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

fonti

why do you get pissed off about people not making posts yesterday and proceed to not make a single post today
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 11:01 PM   #3084
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Sorry, I just got home.
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 11:08 PM   #3085
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuber2010 View Post
also @doc, perhaps you need to reconsider whatever strategic value you think you see in lynching me (cause LDO I know there is none but its my job to help you see that).

1) not sure what/if any/logical deductions you can get from my flip either way (like I am trying to see things from your POV).

- it appears to me that you think riki will somehow be cleared from me flipping mafia (which he wouldn't really be cause he is hardly even pushing me...if you give people that much credit when they're hardly pushing people, thats probably a mistake to begin with).

2) not sure what you get by me flipping town other than a wasted lynch (i guess your logic is that if we're going to mislynch, it may as well be me since not much is lost).

3) I think you/and pretty much everyone are heavily, heavily discounting plausible wolf teams based on d1 interactions (i.e. ive seen many people (not you in particular) bring up that riki/dorian cant be mafia based on their interactions).

Given, I actually havent gone back and read them myself but from a general strategic POV, discounting possible wolf teams based on d1 interactions is generally really terrible/awful/horrible way to play. d1 is like literally the easiest day to interact with your mafia bros. Its like the exact easiest day to bus/say all sorts of nasty **** to one another/vote eachother,etc. The village has like 13 possible lynches, it goes without say that you can probably say just about anything to a wolf bro and the village will end up going another route/lynching someone else entirely.

(plus riki voting dorian (and banks too)) really means absolutely nothing if dorian were to flip scum because it was in a way where dorian was literally in no danger of being lynched (cause his wagon got no traction)...not saying riki is scum or anything (i havent even really filtered his posts yet) - just saying its strategically poor to elminate mafia combos based on d1 in general.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuber2010 View Post
I do have reasons for thinking it is fonti AND reasons for not thinking its you.

Primarily because of your interactions with rachet. If you go back and look at his filter with you (which I doubt you will but if you want to try and see things from my perspective, sure), rachet spends a fairly considerable amount of time conversing with you. He also attacked you in a few of his earlier posts.

Interaction with mafia bro's is a fairly critical portion of the game, but most scum dont do it enough. They also dont usually take the time to do line by line quotes and address small portions of text with other scum brothers because they're usually too busy addressing/replying to town and/or trying to build cases against other town members to appear as if they're game solving.


I havent finished ratchets filter/ISO yet (its what I am currently reading). His interactions (on the first 10 pages) with road were very short/narrow/curt...etc.

Its not an infallible read (I havent honestly even filtered you yet as I am working with the more objective information at the moment, but I'll get to that shortly as well).

(I have iso'd fonti (last night while thread was closed) for what its worth).
i don't understand
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 11:10 PM   #3086
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

inb4 you reply to that post with the same "thank you for admitting that you're mafia" that you keep replying to people with when they point out that your logic is inconsistent or flawed in some way
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 11:27 PM   #3087
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Ok, questions to me first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
fonti

you said you townread smartbomb because of his op or something like that right?
That was part of it, yeah. I remember liking the way he went after people defending him Day 1 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
at some points early on you said you didn't like banks because you disagreed with his reads, and then you said you had a light town read on road after 3 posts, one of which was him casting light suspicion on slendy, and you said you townread him for that post and for basically having the same read as you, even though you reached that read in a different way (afaict)

a bit later smartbomb makes a reads post that disagrees with like at least 2.5 of your reads and you don't say anything about it


well i haven't read far enough to see your next post about smartbomb so i don't have a real conclusion to this post

but yeah the above seems kind of strange to me, especially if you didn't have other reasons for townreading smartbomb
My reads work on a tier system, where I get some strong town and scum reads and tend to like the people who agree with them at a lower level. It was not a strong read. Smartbomb was on an upper tier, where I didn't really care about his reads. People are wrong a lot. It's fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
can you explain what you mean by the bolded
I asked Smartbomb about how he feels about rolling scum in general before committing to my townread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
why did you think it was genuine?
The bits about liking Road as a person felt too over-the-top to come from mafia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
fonti

what is your stance on bussing as mafia

like do you tend to bus a lot or defend your teammates a lot
It depends.

On a whole, I prefer to defend over bussing, as bussing doesn't always get towncred but almost always results in a dead teammate. If I think I can get away with it, especially if people don't have that high of an opinion of me, I'll hard defend a teammate to get townread. If I feel like they're dying no matter what I do, I'll always bus in a way that gets towncred.
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 11:30 PM   #3088
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Bhuber, why does scum!font hard bus road for two Days but not bus or save Ratchet, the scum that's actually going down?
Second, Bhuber, I want you to answer this for reasons. Please do that.
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 12:01 AM   #3089
ChampionsMod
old hand
 
ChampionsMod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,472
Exclamation Vote Count

Votes from post 2966 to post 3088
Night in 19:59:57

---
VotesLynchVoters
3 not voting bhuber2010 (21), fontisian (36), Riki (56)

Caution! Votes today are locked in. No vote changing or unvoting today.
ChampionsMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 12:01 AM   #3090
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Oh! And I worked this morning instead of tomorrow night so I will be around at the deadline!
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 12:50 AM   #3091
bhuber2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bhuber2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: #PTPers4life
Posts: 16,332
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Second, Bhuber, I want you to answer this for reasons. Please do that.
There is literally no point in asking this question/or me answering it.

You both bussed road (well one of you did).

Neither of you voted ratchet.

So your point, whatever it is, is moot.
bhuber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:18 AM   #3092
bhuber2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bhuber2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: #PTPers4life
Posts: 16,332
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
list of things that bhuber hasn't elaborated on yet:
- why he thought banks was the lynch when he entered the thread on day 3
- his stuff with the peeks
- his townread of road on day 3
- because i thought he was a wolf
- i already explained this (that it would be difficult to glean anything from them (one of you is mafia so the mafia knew your peek was wrong) - you peeked me and didnt die - that looks bad to me
font peeked someone correctly (iirc) and didnt die over cue - also bad...unfortunately that doesnt help me in this spot
- i liked his case on banks
bhuber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:19 AM   #3093
bhuber2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bhuber2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: #PTPers4life
Posts: 16,332
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

@riki, i have literally no idea where you're going with the whole logic parallel

you didnt really explain anything whatsoever other than to underline some sentences
bhuber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:34 AM   #3094
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuber2010 View Post
There is literally no point in asking this question/or me answering it.

You both bussed road (well one of you did).

Neither of you voted ratchet.

So your point, whatever it is, is moot.
That's basically my point.
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:01 AM   #3095
ChampionsMod
old hand
 
ChampionsMod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,472
Exclamation Vote Count

Votes from post 2966 to post 3094
Night in 17:59:53

---
VotesLynchVoters
3 not voting bhuber2010 (24), fontisian (38), Riki (56)

Caution! Votes today are locked in. No vote changing or unvoting today.
ChampionsMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:45 AM   #3096
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuber2010 View Post
- i liked his case on banks
what did you like about it

it was terrible
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:56 AM   #3097
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuber2010 View Post
@riki, i have literally no idea where you're going with the whole logic parallel

you didnt really explain anything whatsoever other than to underline some sentences
probably shouldn't have underlined the entire paragraphs i was lazy

saying that we shouldn't discount possible mafia teams, especially at must lynch, because d1 interactions are the easiest to fake is fine (it's also likely the line you'd take as maids because you need to lynch people not in the poe to win the game but w/e)

given how strong your opinion on that seemed to be, i just find it strange that there's no mention of it in your second post
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 04:00 AM   #3098
ChampionsMod
old hand
 
ChampionsMod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,472
Exclamation Vote Count

Votes from post 2966 to post 3097
Night in 15:59:56

---
VotesLynchVoters
3 not voting bhuber2010 (24), fontisian (38), Riki (58)

Caution! Votes today are locked in. No vote changing or unvoting today.
ChampionsMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 06:00 AM   #3099
ChampionsMod
old hand
 
ChampionsMod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,472
Exclamation Vote Count

Votes from post 2966 to post 3098
Night in 13:59:56

---
VotesLynchVoters
3 not voting bhuber2010 (24), fontisian (38), Riki (58)

Caution! Votes today are locked in. No vote changing or unvoting today.
ChampionsMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:01 AM   #3100
ChampionsMod
old hand
 
ChampionsMod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,472
Exclamation Vote Count

Votes from post 2966 to post 3099
Night in 11:59:54

---
VotesLynchVoters
3 not voting bhuber2010 (24), fontisian (38), Riki (58)

Caution! Votes today are locked in. No vote changing or unvoting today.
ChampionsMod is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive