Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2015, 01:19 AM   #3051
bhuber2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bhuber2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: #PTPers4life
Posts: 16,332
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
fwiw i think the line by line stuff is just the way that ratchet argues with people

it's just that me and slendy later on in day 2 are the only people he really argued with for an extended number of posts in this game
That may well be. I think that most mafia dont tend to argue with their brethren for an extended period of time. Of course there is always exceptions to this but rachet appeared timid/reserved for the most of the two days he was alive. From what I remember (because I havent finished his iso yet) he mostly pushed villagers but I'll have to take a look and see how much he actually interacted with road/to what extent he actually conversed with him.
bhuber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 01:40 AM   #3052
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

fonti

you said you townread smartbomb because of his op or something like that right?

at some points early on you said you didn't like banks because you disagreed with his reads, and then you said you had a light town read on road after 3 posts, one of which was him casting light suspicion on slendy, and you said you townread him for that post and for basically having the same read as you, even though you reached that read in a different way (afaict)

a bit later smartbomb makes a reads post that disagrees with like at least 2.5 of your reads and you don't say anything about it

well i haven't read far enough to see your next post about smartbomb so i don't have a real conclusion to this post

but yeah the above seems kind of strange to me, especially if you didn't have other reasons for townreading smartbomb
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 01:45 AM   #3053
bhuber2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bhuber2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: #PTPers4life
Posts: 16,332
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
Hmm I didnt consider this when reading it. I still dont quite see it. Well, reading it, when simulating that we know that fonti is scum and smart is villager, then i can see your point makes sense.

But, since you wrote that post fonti have been posting a lot - and you have been discussing with her. With this new information available, how likely do you think this is a slip up? and how likely do you think this is simly fonti's style?
god, this does kind of seem to spew fonti villager, hermmm
bhuber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 01:49 AM   #3054
bhuber2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bhuber2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: #PTPers4life
Posts: 16,332
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
Bah, cue. Sry for reading you wrong :/
Anyone found his peek? I'm gonna look after i make this post, as i had planned to make it during the night.

I couldnt stay awake up to eod. Sry for that. i know this makes me look bad, but im not gonna use effort in defending myself. I have been quite busy and are also most of gameday2, and i just couldnt keep myself up (it is late in danish timezone).

Instead i noticed riki asking me if i still found bhuber scummy after his newest line of posts, and it made me look through his posting before start of day, and I realized I might have been off. Here comes my thoughts on bhuber.



I find this villagery. The way he questions Fontis vote for being superficial and at the same time therefore questioning fontis alignment admitting that the reads is thin and not based of all the posts himself. In my view tis is villagery. "i know this could make me look bad, but im still going to post it, as this is my thoughts atm". I think a wolf would be more concerned.



This could be thin, but his priority of first looking through MSU, is what I also wanted to do in that situation, when I'm a villager with limited time. Because at that time 5 people were voting MSU - and MSU didnt have that many posts, so it is actually possible to ISO him. So it makes sense wanting to make sure that the MSU wagon is okay, because it is where you could make a difference (showing the wagon is bad/good) - it is more a lottery ISO'ing a random. As a wolf (assuming MSU is villager) I would probably think that it is not necessary to spend time ISO'ing a guy with 5 votes - and instead spend time interacting and make myself look better.

I like it very much - but it is ofc possible to fake.



Following up on this is also villagery. And explaining himself because he actually thinks fonti is scummy, is also villagery.



I dont have a big sample of this, but maybe some other guys have? Banks or achro do you have any experience with this?
What I'm thinking is that this would often be written by a villager and not a scum (even though this might be a good scum-strategy)

Overall I've changed my mind regarding bhuber and he is now a villager in my view. Which kind of sucks, because when cue turned villager, it means at least 2/3 of my scumish-reads were wrong..
Also, you guys should read road's wall of text about me now that I found it in ISO. If I was road mafia bro, I doubt he'd go through the hassle of justifying a SUPER thin villager read of me in this way. Like he basically finds the most ******ly thin spots and calls them villagery (because he has TMI of my role).
bhuber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:06 AM   #3055
bhuber2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bhuber2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: #PTPers4life
Posts: 16,332
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
When I flip villager I think you should clear bhuber. His strategy does not make any kind of sense as scum. I know i went through this before but i just cant see it.
lol
bhuber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:08 AM   #3056
bhuber2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bhuber2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: #PTPers4life
Posts: 16,332
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

One of you bussed road while I fought to save him.

One of you is an asshat, you could have saved him!
bhuber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:12 AM   #3057
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
The latter. I wanted to townread Bomb for his first post, but you should all be good enough to fake something like that, so I dug a bit further before moving in to defend him.
can you explain what you mean by the bolded
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:13 AM   #3058
bhuber2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bhuber2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: #PTPers4life
Posts: 16,332
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

well i iso'd font and rachet quickly...they both had both of you as mild/hard villager leans...

which kind of sucks

i feel like you wanted an out on the day road was getting lynched (to riki)...you suggested me being there as sucking when you saw that doc was on me (?) and then echoed it again when someone suggested it was sketchy that banks and I were defending road...

were you looking for someone to help start a cfd of me ?
bhuber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:15 AM   #3059
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuber2010 View Post
One of you bussed road while I fought to save him.

One of you is an asshat, you could have saved him!
well speaking of road

can you explain your read on him on day 3

and also why you didn't think the stuff that slendy/i was saying was good enough to change your mind
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:16 AM   #3060
bhuber2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bhuber2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: #PTPers4life
Posts: 16,332
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

me not being there*
bhuber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:18 AM   #3061
bhuber2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bhuber2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: #PTPers4life
Posts: 16,332
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

i may have over weighted the significance of rachet interacting with you riki

perhaps you're "right" about that just being the way he argues
bhuber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:33 AM   #3062
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuber2010 View Post
well i iso'd font and rachet quickly...they both had both of you as mild/hard villager leans...
is this supposed to say road instead of fonti

road had me at null for all of day 1 and 2, he only changed his mind on day 3 so this is wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuber2010 View Post
i feel like you wanted an out on the day road was getting lynched (to riki)...you suggested me being there as sucking when you saw that doc was on me (?) and then echoed it again when someone suggested it was sketchy that banks and I were defending road...

were you looking for someone to help start a cfd of me ?
if i'm mafia i don't really understand why i'd spend the entire day trying to get road lynched only to try to start a cfd at eod

like, especially considering the fact that slendy thought a road/me scumteam was very unlikely, if i bussed road for all of that day then the reason for that would've been for that towncred so there's no reason for me to try to start a cfd

i mean tbh, i started having some doubts that road was mafia at that eod, in part because of his posting and in part because both you and banks thought he was town and unless you're both mafia together (which i considered unlikely at the time), at least one of you was town that legitimately thought road was town

me calling you out for not being there is just that, like you were around a bit before eod and didn't come back for a while. i dunno how/why you try to make a connection between that and doc having his vote on you

the 'sketchy' comment was me doubting the mafia!road read and agreeing with slendy who i think was also doubting the read a bit at the time

either way, iirc you only had one vote, most of the thread was talking about how they liked your posting that day, so even if i did want to vote someone not road, i'd probably just vote like dorian since he had 3 votes
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:37 AM   #3063
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

(i assumed that slendy was having some doubt about the mafia!road read because in the post where he mentions both banks and bhuber townreading road being 'unnerving', he talks about what would happen if road flips town)
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:41 AM   #3064
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
like, especially considering the fact that slendy thought a road/me scumteam was very unlikely, if i bussed road for all of that day then the reason for that would've been for that towncred so there's no reason for me to try to start a cfd
i mean, if i successfully cfd a townie and save road that day, all it probably does is buy road a single day and considerably lower the amount of cred i get from road flipping mafia

so there's no reason i'd even think of doing it if my goal for the other 90% of the phase had been bussing road
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:46 AM   #3065
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuber2010 View Post
i may have over weighted the significance of rachet interacting with you riki

perhaps you're "right" about that just being the way he argues
i probably am right but the point wasn't only the way he argued but the fact that he didn't feel the need to argue as much with others

which is like, something i mentioned in that post

like i doubt that he disagreed with a bunch of my opinions but was ok with everyone else
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:48 AM   #3066
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
bhuber seeming really genuine when he defended Road Day3
why did you think it was genuine?
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 04:01 AM   #3067
ChampionsMod
old hand
 
ChampionsMod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,472
Exclamation Vote Count

Votes from post 2966 to post 3066
Night in 39:59:55

---
VotesLynchVoters
3 not voting bhuber2010 (21), fontisian (33), Riki (43)

Caution! Votes today are locked in. No vote changing or unvoting today.
ChampionsMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:01 AM   #3068
ChampionsMod
old hand
 
ChampionsMod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,472
Exclamation Vote Count

Votes from post 2966 to post 3067
Night in 35:59:57

---
VotesLynchVoters
3 not voting bhuber2010 (21), fontisian (33), Riki (43)

Caution! Votes today are locked in. No vote changing or unvoting today.
ChampionsMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 12:01 PM   #3069
ChampionsMod
old hand
 
ChampionsMod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,472
Exclamation Vote Count

Votes from post 2966 to post 3068
Night in 31:59:57

---
VotesLynchVoters
3 not voting bhuber2010 (21), fontisian (33), Riki (43)

Caution! Votes today are locked in. No vote changing or unvoting today.
ChampionsMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:15 PM   #3070
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

sup
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:24 PM   #3071
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatchetOPB View Post
fonti has been mostly on point as well, although I'd like to know his argument for townreading bomb, and more specifically, road.
ratchet had disagreed with fonti on basically every read up to this point in the game, but he still chooses to say that fonti is 'on point'

probably looks slightly good for fonti
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:27 PM   #3072
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

like the way he still tries to ask her about her reads is probably ratchet being afraid of getting on fonti's bad side because of how fonti came out of the gate pretty strong. if they're mafia together i don't think he'd have much of a problem with just telling her he dislikes her reads
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:38 PM   #3073
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
Hmm. This looks very confident to me. Like, I dont give a **** what you think, I found a wolf and voted him, without caring to explain and i want ppl to use the terms I'm used to use. Quite aggressive opening without actually being aggressive. I'm not exactly sure what i think of this. Do anyone else have any thoughts about it?
Also he is not my peek.
just gonna quote this for later because i'm not sure how to read it

maybe slightly good for bhuber
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:40 PM   #3074
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
Okay, I like these points, and think they are reasonable and villagery.

I dislike this line. It is like some kind of attempt to bond when still stating suspicion.

Overall I feel like the posts is written quite aggro and not in a way i remembered fonti from game 1. (long time since i read the game though). Also fonti was cop there right?

@Fonti why did you feel like writing "i like you, but i have to vote you"? Maybe it is just me, but somethign triggering me in this. idk.
ok

i feel like this is road telling his teammates he doesn't think fonti is the cop
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 04:00 PM   #3075
ChampionsMod
old hand
 
ChampionsMod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,472
Exclamation Vote Count

Votes from post 2966 to post 3074
Night in 27:59:57

---
VotesLynchVoters
3 not voting bhuber2010 (21), fontisian (33), Riki (48)

Caution! Votes today are locked in. No vote changing or unvoting today.
ChampionsMod is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive