Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2015, 12:49 AM   #2576
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
like

i think both you and achro might be missing slendy's point

no one is denying that you talked a lot with ratchet, however, what slendy is saying is that ratchet wasn't the one seeked out those interactions, it was you who interacted with him first

otoh, with me, he was actually the one to reply to some of my posts first, which is the difference

i mean, i agree that you'd also try to interact with him to try to figure out his alignment if you're town

no one is faulting you for attempting to interact with him a lot, slendy is just focusing on the part where ratchet doesn't attempt to interact with you much until you ask him questions and stuff and he's forced to
My counter to this is it is hard to know what this means because Banks is always in the thread. Ratchet didn't have much of a chance to ignore him <_<.
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:51 AM   #2577
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
like

i think both you and achro might be missing slendy's point

no one is denying that you talked a lot with ratchet, however, what slendy is saying is that ratchet wasn't the one seeked out those interactions, it was you who interacted with him first

otoh, with me, he was actually the one to reply to some of my posts first, which is the difference

i mean, i agree that you'd also try to interact with him to try to figure out his alignment if you're town

no one is faulting you for attempting to interact with him a lot, slendy is just focusing on the part where ratchet doesn't attempt to interact with you much until you ask him questions and stuff and he's forced to
Here she is reacting to my reads list. Unprovoked.

If you read past page 2 of his filter.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:52 AM   #2578
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
I've already told you that I'm not good with spew.
REally? Oh well okay then. I apologize for yelling at you for not reading the filter. Why am I scum then? If you don't read the same thing slendy does from ratchets filter?
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:53 AM   #2579
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
My counter to this is it is hard to know what this means because Banks is always in the thread. Ratchet didn't have much of a chance to ignore him <_<.
i don't think that's the issue either

the issue slendy probably has is that banks is always in the thread, and ratchet apparently said he didn't agree with some of the things banks was saying, but didn't reach out and personally initiate interactions enough even though banks was always around
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:54 AM   #2580
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
Here she is reacting to my reads list. Unprovoked.

If you read past page 2 of his filter.
well i don't think i said never
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:55 AM   #2581
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
i don't think that's the issue either

the issue slendy probably has is that banks is always in the thread, and ratchet apparently said he didn't agree with some of the things banks was saying, but didn't reach out and personally initiate interactions enough even though banks was always around
Probably because he didn't want to openly critique the guy who was always in the thread and leading especially if he thought that person already had him as town for reasons unknown. AKA don't poke the bear.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:07 AM   #2582
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
i don't think that's the issue either

the issue slendy probably has is that banks is always in the thread, and ratchet apparently said he didn't agree with some of the things banks was saying, but didn't reach out and personally initiate interactions enough even though banks was always around
But...that's not true. Ratchet specifically asked Banks to elaborate on his town to scum list and then after Banks elaborated he posted opinions about Banker's list including what he disagreed with. The language he used here, in fact, made it super obvious to me that Road was scum.
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:11 AM   #2583
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
well i don't think i said never
It was the first post I came to. There was I think 4 (not 100% on the count where I very early questioned him like I did everyone since i'm town and am trying to read people)

How do you think ratchet a partner would react to someone talking with him a bunch?
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:17 AM   #2584
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Basically for Banker to be scum Ratchet would have had to have requested information from his scumbuddy and then used that information to make a painfully awkward post about Road, their scum buddy, that in hindsight was a neon flashing light.

I just don't see it that way.
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 02:00 AM   #2585
ChampionsMod
old hand
 
ChampionsMod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,472
Exclamation Vote Count

Votes from post 2445 to post 2584
Night in 17:59:56

---
VotesLynchVoters
3 TehBankertin Slendy (8), fontisian (17), dorian78 (11)
1 dorian78 Achromatic (20)
2 not voting bhuber2010 (4), TehBankertin (48)
1 Error Riki (26)
ChampionsMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 02:04 AM   #2586
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
It was the first post I came to. There was I think 4 (not 100% on the count where I very early questioned him like I did everyone since i'm town and am trying to read people)

How do you think ratchet a partner would react to someone talking with him a bunch?
idk he'd answer their questions and stuff and maybe be awkward about it
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 02:07 AM   #2587
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
But...that's not true. Ratchet specifically asked Banks to elaborate on his town to scum list and then after Banks elaborated he posted opinions about Banker's list including what he disagreed with. The language he used here, in fact, made it super obvious to me that Road was scum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
Basically for Banker to be scum Ratchet would have had to have requested information from his scumbuddy and then used that information to make a painfully awkward post about Road, their scum buddy, that in hindsight was a neon flashing light.

I just don't see it that way.
iirc the interaction was like this:

- banks posts a reads list
- ratchet asks for explanations
- banks posts explanations
- ratchet replies with something like "thanks"
- banks asks what ratchet's opinions on his reads are
- ratchet makes that post where he responds to each read individually

it was kind of like in two parts, not one single interaction
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 02:08 AM   #2588
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

in conclusion

we should vote bhuber imo
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 02:33 AM   #2589
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Okay, Banker did that stuff. I... am confused why anyone has a problem with it. Any of it. "Hey scum buddy who has me a top his rankings, let's interact MORE!"

Also this is what ratchet said about Dorian:

Quote:
dorian78 - Lean Town - Simply because I find myself agreeing with him a lot, as evidenced by the fact I do not have many, if any, replies to him.
Which to me reads like "I should mention this so it doesn't seem like distancing!"
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 03:28 AM   #2590
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
in conclusion

we should vote bhuber imo
can you lay out your bhuber case?
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 04:00 AM   #2591
ChampionsMod
old hand
 
ChampionsMod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,472
Exclamation Vote Count

Votes from post 2445 to post 2590
Night in 15:59:56

---
VotesLynchVoters
3 TehBankertin Slendy (8), fontisian (17), dorian78 (11)
1 dorian78 Achromatic (21)
2 not voting bhuber2010 (4), TehBankertin (49)
1 Error Riki (29)
ChampionsMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:00 AM   #2592
ChampionsMod
old hand
 
ChampionsMod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,472
Exclamation Vote Count

Votes from post 2445 to post 2591
Night in 13:59:57

---
VotesLynchVoters
3 TehBankertin Slendy (8), fontisian (17), dorian78 (11)
1 dorian78 Achromatic (21)
2 not voting bhuber2010 (4), TehBankertin (49)
1 Error Riki (29)
ChampionsMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:25 AM   #2593
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

DAY 1: DORIAN the boy who Howled Wolf

To start the game dorian has a couple posts about how the meta on their site works, how things are an aren't scum tells. He responds to a couple of questions from me and riki.
He asks about a vote that slendy made on him for his entrance (slendy spotting the last wolf that early means hes play phenomenally)

Then I ask dorian and slendy to evaluate a reads list I had given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian78 View Post
I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'll answer. Yes. So much so that no one ever tries on my site, and the last time I remember it happening, it was because someone who happened to be mafia posted lyrics from the musical Once Upon a Time, which I had just played, was sick of, and I voted him down.

More to the point, though, I think it's particularly difficult in a vanilla game. We almost always play games where everyone has a role, and getting info from it is usually far more useful than any kind of interaction with any other player that's just based on discussion. Thus town's main goal is to survive long enough to get use out of their role, not to even think about trying to solve the game on day 1.



Achromatic - I didn't read game 2. You and everyone else seem to think he's very solidly town. If it's similar to his town play in game 2, I'm fine with this read for now. Almost everything he's done so far seems town-ish to me too, though I'm not a huge fan of his kneejerk-reaction vote still sitting on Doc.

riki - I agree, she's been asking a lot of questions and looking for logic-fails. That's fairly town-sided, like you say, although catching someone in a logic-fail doesn't equal catching scum. Of course, if you're going to pretend you have an innocent scan on her, you have to townread her.

Cue - I disagree. Throughout the day, I've seen things from him that have given me reads in both directions, and I'm not sure which ones are the ones to be paying attention to. I guess that, at the moment, equals out to a null in my book, but it's a null from pinging me in both directions, which is very different from a null from not pinging me at all.

bhuber - gave me a good first initial impression (which was totally just a gut read), but I'd need to see more. I'm especially waiting to see the interaction between him and MSU when MSU finally finds time (welcome back, MSU!). I think you're perhaps weighting him a little more heavily town than I would because of the similar reads - it's easy to do that, and sometimes it's right, and sometimes it's a trap.

fontisian - I'm not sure what you mean by "I think if she is scum it will be apparent who she is fighting for." I mean, so far today, it's been pretty apparent that she's been fighting for Cue to be lynched. You're pretty hesitant about her as town, and I certainly wouldn't go any higher than that now. At this point, I think I'd need to resolve Cue in my head before I could make a further decision here.

road - remind me what cue's point about road was that you liked enough to make this read. Everything that he's said so far, I've mostly just nodded along. I disagreed with a few minor points here and there, but nothing that seemed scummy. He handled your scumread on him very well, which speaks more to his skill than his affiliation, but definitely means that I need to consciously pay more attention here.

MSU - I don't know. I think he sounds genuinely frustrated by how unexpectedly busy the day became, and it's hard to do any of the things you (and the general culture here) expect people to do on day 1 when you don't have hours and hours. I mean, it can be a scumtell, but I don't agree with how strong you seem to read it. I guess I just don't think he's intentionally lurking, which is what your read implies, and so I'll wait until he says more when he's cuaght up.

Right now, MSU's the easy vote, and Riki just now putting a 3rd vote on him before he came back (3rd vote is the most popular place to look for mafia on my site) is not sitting well with me at all. No better than Cue's 3rd vote on Banks sat with me.
As you can see he goes through and hits on each of my reads. His road read is interesting. I think this is him essentially congratulating a teammate on handling a scum read well in the thread. Wouldn't the natural progression from dorian if he was town to think "well he was scum read and looked good from it I've nodded to what he has said I don't think cue/Banks pressure is good so he is town" Be the general line of thought?

Nope Dorian is scum and this is him soft defending a buddy. Saying the case is bad and he "HANDLED IT WELL" I mean if you're town you just aren't actually being scummy so handling the case well makes little sense .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian78 View Post
fonti already beat me to it, but I also don't see what in there seems so town-like. The vote for road seems only half-explained at best. road was townreading me, and cue was also townreading me at least a little, so what did road do that was so suspicious to Cue? I honestly chalked at least half of that post up to just being part of the jokey persona that Cue started with.

And with that, I'm off to bed. Here's hoping I don't have another 300 posts to catch up on in the morning.
This is dorian defending Cue and myself voting for road. He doesn't get the reasoning for the town read i was giving cue either. Defend a buddy attack the attacker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian78 View Post
I don't disagree with this assessment of me. I am generally not a confrontational person (maybe I shouldn't be playing mafia!). And, as you have also said, once there's actually a flip and some info, it's much easier to start having stronger opinions. My early game is typically finding the people I believe are most likely to be innocent, and then going from process of elimination.

It's day 1. Most people are going about whatever strategy they like to use to "solve the game," and I'm content to let them do it. I'm not convinced that it works very well on day 1, but plenty of people here think it does and have much more experience with it, and I'd be a fool to think I could lead the conversation this early in the game like they are.

To sum up the above:



Huh. Me too, and yet you find fault with me for doing it.

One more thought on Doc's reads in 638 and 639 - he mentions 8 of the other 12 players, and comes up with 1 town (Banks), 3 mafia or slight mafia leans (me, cue, Ratchet), and the other 4 sound like essentially null reads to me. For someone who claims, like me, to be much more comfortable making reads after there's some info out there, that's very few townreads and a lot of scumreads. I haven't seen anyone else come close to putting out 3 times as many scumreads as townreads. It's odd.

So I think Doc and I feel mutually towards each other. Not my top choice for a lynch yet, I don't think, but I'd be ok voting here for the various reasons above. Several people pushed on and defended him fairly early on, so it would also be a fairly informative lynch.
The first bold underlined Do you think that dorian has stepped up with the amount of info that has flipped? 2 mafia have flipped the game is close to solved. He is supposedly a late game player and I haven't seen anything change at all. He isn't using the new information because he already has it all.

The second underlined part. Doc goat's it up and calls out ratchet/dorian mafia and me as town. He then calls scum on doc not for his reads but because he HAS TOO MANY. This is a scum trying to discredit someone's reads being too good and not actually having meaning. He's not addressing the accusation but saying there shouldn't be that much. He even offers him for lynch.
::drudgesiren.gif::

This is the very next post in the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian78 View Post
An OMGUS vote? Oh man, that's not helping your case. I was kind of on your side as being an easy target up until now, as I pretty much still had you at null. This, though, is a poor way to deal with the pressure. I wish I knew your playstyle better to know if it's much of a scumtell or if you're just really bad at dealing with pressure.
Dorian just called out doc now moves to another townie in MSU who made an OMGUS vote and in this post he calls MSU scummy but always the good guy he wants the pressure on MSU but doesn't want to get his hands bloody. This guy is the last wolf fyi!

He then is afk for quite a while and the wagons are

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionsMod View Post
Votes from post 9 to post 688
Night in 07:06:38

---
VotesLynchVoters
5 MSU bhuber2010 (16), RatchetOPB (49), Riki (101), SmartBomb (37), TehBankertin (161)
2 bhuber2010 cue5c (83), MSU (32)
2 cue5c DocEspana (25), fontisian (44)
1 DocEspana Achromatic (38)
1 dorian78 Slendy (19)
2 not voting dorian78 (21), road (47)
So he comes in with this post.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian78 View Post
Wow. I just realized that the vote tallies are listed with the voters in alphabetical order instead of posting order. I guess I've been spoiled by our tally program that lists voters in posting order.

Warning: wall of text incoming.

I've been wrestling with where to put my vote for a while now. MSU's far and away the leader at the moment. Discounting the bhuber votes (cause OMGUS and...Swifting? aren't really worth acknowledging in my opinion), cue is the only other person with more than one vote at the moment.

If I voted for cue now, it would be for the same reasons I gave last night: potential information, concern I won't ever be able to read him, and a general disconnect on playstyles. None of those are terribly great reasons. I think cue actually said very early on about me that he finds such disconnects usually to be indicative of town. On my forum, I'd tend to agree. Here, I don't know if I agree as strongly, but it's certainly possible.

Riki was the other potential vote I mentioned last night. I hate, hate, hate the MSU vote. It was clearly for pressure at time when pressure wasn't needed. I felt tons of pressure with the 2 early votes I got, I'm sure MSU was already feeling the pressure with the 2 votes he already had. But everything else about her is really town, and many people agree. I think I'm just going to have to chalk up the vote up to culture differences.

I don't think I'm any more or less inclined to vote for Doc now than I was a few hours ago. Though I do notice that when I interpreted his read on me as at least a slight scumread and called him out for having too many scumreads, he quickly backpedaled his read on me to a null. His defense of MSU is what's got me thinking twice. Especially if MSU is lynched and flips town, Doc definitely gets less scummy in my eyes. At this point, if MSU is mafia, I think his teammates would be more likely to bus him.

MSU - man, I don't know what to think here. It seems too easy. Several people I like are voting for him, several of the people I'm considering voting for aren't voting for him. For much of the day he was the low-hanging fruit because of his absence. It's just too neat. The case against him basically boils down to being absent and posting "weak reads." If, like he says, he comes from a culture like mine that's way, way more relaxed about day 1's and reads, it's hard for me to fault him for that. The OMGUS vote...I'm not sold on the explanation, but I'm just not sure what him doing it says about him. I'm ok if he gets lynched, as he's definitely not higher than a null read for me, but my policy is, unless there's a really compelling reason, to vote for the person that I'm most suspicious of.

SmartBomb

I already started with my comments in 656. It convinced me to go back and reread his posts for the day. Aside from the already-much-discussed "I'm town" opening, it was a lot of fluff before the game got serious, which was fine.

His first real post is to put a second vote on me. That's eyebrow-raising to me (regardless of the fact that I was the one he picked), but town do it to get pressure going early too. I put my first set of reads out there and he immediately puts me near the top of his town list. I mean, it was appreciated, but in retrospect, it's a pretty big swing. Heck, road was called out by several for liking the same post of mine, and road was only forming a first opinion, not changing a previous one.



He pushes on road quite a bit, but claiming he doesn't remember any of road's posts before the 2 recent ones makes it a pretty ineffective push. And one that he eventually stops pushing.



He places the 4th vote on MSU, after Riki's pressure vote and MSU comes back to defend himself. I don't hate this vote quite as much as I hate Riki's vote, but 4th on a wagon isn't a whole lot better than 3rd, and he barely addresses any of MSU's actual new posts beyond picking Riki to shoot in Banks's little hypothetical.

He keeps pushing at Doc as well. As hard, if not harder, than he's pushed MSU. After rereading him, I feel like I expected his vote to be on Doc. Also, I note that 3 of the people he's pushed on/voted for today (me, MSU, Doc) have all been fairly low-hanging fruit because of our inexperience with this format.

That catches me up to post 656, which I've already gone over. MSU's drawing heat for posting non-commital reads. SmartBomb's bhuber read was designed to cast suspicion on him regardless of how MSU flips, and based on an assumption that I think is blatantly wrong. That's scummier to me than non-commital reads from someone who's been busy.

I'm not the kind of player to jump on one of the leading wagons at the end of the day just because. I'll switch if someone can convince me that MSU (or whoever else) is a scummier read. Also, I may not be around for the last hour or two of the day. If I have to leave, I'll let you all know when I'm leaving.
In my opinion this post was overly constructed and too wordy and extra justifiable for a simple vote. It is a big show for dorian as he is a wolf and needs to make sure people know where he went to get where he is.

His scum reads before were:
-Doc for have 3 scums
-Cue for scum reading road improperly
-MSU for the OMGUS vote

This is simply dorian placing an over justified vote on a townie thats not a real wagon so he can be clean when the flip comes. Not how there is 0 scum up for lynch at this point. Scum love to vote off wagon if possible day 1. Town care about consensus.

This next one is a a killer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian78 View Post
I think he first used it in reference to me "being right" about his opening post being a null. He said he didn't like it when people were right and nothing else, but he seems happy with me being right once I've done something else that gave him a townread. He later says that everything I've said is right, which is weird. I mean, I know I certainly hadn't put strong reads out there at that point, but saying I'm right is a weird way of agreeing with me.



He says the same thing about Riki later, even more emphatically, but it's unclear what Riki's been right about. Also everything? If so, even weirder.



Banks thinks I'm too wordy? That's an achievement right there. So do you think I'm bussing SmartBomb, then?
The bolded is important. "Do you think I'm busing Smartbomb" My top two scum were smartbomb and dorian at the time. SCUM LOVE to say things like this because it does two things,
1) It makes the world where they're both scum unlikely because of the vote. Makes the 2nd person (smartbomb here more at ease because he knows hes town and thinks "yeah we're not together")
2) It makes the accuser think his read is bad purely because his entire team doesn't make perfect sense. It also AGAIN doesn't address the accusation. It just merely moves it to the side and deflects it. Its a way to get rid of heat without addressing the problem head on and laying low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian78 View Post
Fwiw (which I know is absolutely nothing), it's totally the style of dorian. I'm sure anyone from my board reading along is agreeing.
Dorian is called out for posting how he does and says this is just how he posts which I think is probably true in a general writing sense but his reads fall short.

Scum buddy road comes in to say this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
Nah, this is something. In my experience scum doesnt lie unless they have to - which is not the case here. It is noted.

But, did you write the post with the intent to get Smartbomb in a wagon? or just to put a little pressure on him? or just to show the other players what you think? Or another reason?
He notes his scum buddy posts similarly then asks about his intent on the wagon. Road is smart enough to know that it looks bad voting off wagon like that and he wants to help a buddy out try to coach him into giving a good reason for the vote other that "not wanting to be held responsible for the lynch" which is what was going on.

Dorian replies with:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian78 View Post
A little of all of the above, I think. I mean, at the moment I would prefer a Smartbomb lynch (hence the vote), but I don't think I have enough weight yet to realistically lead others onto a wagon with him. It's day 1 in a format I have no experience with. I'm certainly not as confident as you seem to think I am, and I think those with more experience are better off taking the lead this early in the game than me.

Yes, it was a little pressure to get him to answer my concerns, cause I think if/when he comes back, it will be close enough to end of day that they could easily get lost in the flurry. On the other hand, like I told MSU, a single vote on a person isn't really much pressure when the leader has 5 votes.

Above all, it was to show others my thought processes. That's the only way they'll ever be able to decide I'm town, barring a cop scan.
He is answering the question not too bad tbh. I recall having a bit of mental hesitation on my read on dorian from this post (I think) road set him up to look good with a good answer. This was pretty brilliant by road tbh. I think he did a good job coaching out a good answer from a teammate but essentially he wants to stay in the background with his vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian78 View Post
Riki, Banks, and bhuber. I don't think I've interacted with or maybe even mentioned Ratchet all game. He's been coasting by, making good points, not drawing a whole lot of attention, but I have liked what I've seen, and definitely am putting him in the town camp for now too.

Achromatic was a higher read early on, but the long stretch of silence and the sudden push on a lurker have made it a much lower, more cautious town-read.

Responding to a question from road about his village reads. He admits to not talking about ratchet at all a common scum buddy thing and comments on him being villagery for making good points and stuff but why is he expanded upon and not the other? What made that read so needed to be justified. Answer: Scumbuddy.

This is his last post on day 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian78 View Post
Well, I see the votes picking up on me, and I hate to have to leave, especially just as I see slendy coming back, but I do. Banks is voting me for being too wordy and constructed, which is how I always am, and how lots of other people here are too. I tried to probe his thought process and he responded with an incredibly dismissive post that twisted my words at least a little and didn't even attempt to answer my question.

Riki...I don't know. I thought we'd come to terms on our disagreements, and I don't know what's changed her mind.

I'll check in as best I can until night, but it will be minimal. If I get mislynched day 1, don't say I didn't call it when I signed up, and I have no idea what kind of information it will provide, as most people have flopped their reads on me back and forth all day or have kept me near neutral.

He has two votes me and riki and quickly dismisses both of our arguments about his scuminess. He doesn't make it back to check in which is not really alignment indicative but he clearly cared more about himself not dying that who actually would die.

END OF DAY 1

This is a sneak peek of tomorrow.

Remember the person who dorian thought was scum was lynched day 1 and he was town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian78 View Post
Ok, I'm here. Sorry I couldn't be around for end-of-day. That won't be the case for day 2 or 3, but probably will for day 4 again, in the rather unlikely event that I'm still alive at that point.

I'm caught up to Ratchet's entrance this morning and see a few questions for me. Once I'm caught up, I'll answer them, give my thoughts on cue as the choice for the nightkill, and then I more or less plan on doing a hard reset for most players from the time I left last night and re-evaluating everyone.

He doesn't mention the misslynch and the night kill was fresh on his mind. He knows its important to address ratchet whom probably in scum chat was worried very much so about dying.


MORE TO COME when I wake up.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:26 AM   #2594
Slendy
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 425
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
like

i think both you and achro might be missing slendy's point
Thanks for the clarification, Riki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
But...that's not true. Ratchet specifically asked Banks to elaborate on his town to scum list and then after Banks elaborated he posted opinions about Banker's list including what he disagreed with. The language he used here, in fact, made it super obvious to me that Road was scum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
Here she is reacting to my reads list. Unprovoked.

If you read past page 2 of his filter.
Ratchet only started reacting to your reads-lists after a question asked by *ME* at the start of D1. He just kept that up, and that is literally the ONLY "proactivity" from Ratchet wrt to Banks, almost ever (the other two instances were also weak and I mentioned them in my OP on the matter). Asking a person "elaborate on your reads-list pl0x" is NOT actually a decently clearing interaction. It's weak-sauce and EASILY fabricated.

Like, a glaring difference between Riki/Ratchet and Ratchet/Banks: Ratchet actually had additional questions to Riki about his reads and even cast suspicion on some of them. With Banks Ratchet commented on ONE big-ass list post given by Banks, and that's it. It was like they were both commenting on the same Wikipedia-article, NOT the two of them *interacting*.

Funny that both Ratchet and road accused me of tunneling and/or being stubborn, and berating my play more than managing to disprove my arguments against them. You kind of resort to a similar attitude here, Banks, and if you're Mafia I find it amusing that makes it 3/3 I'll get back to arguing with all the things with you once I'm not travelling.

Another quick response: if you flip Town, Banks, well, like I've already stated several times, today's the day we resolve the Bs. If I'm wrong about you, bhuber dies, assuming I don't get a MASSIVE change of heart after re-reading dorian/listening to other people's comments on him.
Slendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:27 AM   #2595
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

not going to lie I proof read 0% of that post. I'm headed to bed.

DORIAN78

I will continue using this:



to bury him.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:28 AM   #2596
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slendy View Post
Thanks for the clarification, Riki.Ratchet only started reacting to your reads-lists after a question asked by *ME* at the start of D1. He just kept that up, and that is literally the ONLY "proactivity" from Ratchet wrt to Banks, almost ever (the other two instances were also weak and I mentioned them in my OP on the matter). Asking a person "elaborate on your reads-list pl0x" is NOT actually a decently clearing interaction. It's weak-sauce and EASILY fabricated.

Like, a glaring difference between Riki/Ratchet and Ratchet/Banks: Ratchet actually had additional questions to Riki about his reads and even cast suspicion on some of them. With Banks Ratchet commented on ONE big-ass list post given by Banks, and that's it. It was like they were both commenting on the same Wikipedia-article, NOT the two of them *interacting*.

Funny that both Ratchet and road accused me of tunneling and/or being stubborn, and berating my play more than managing to disprove my arguments against them. You kind of resort to a similar attitude here, Banks, and if you're Mafia I find it amusing that makes it 3/3 I'll get back to arguing with all the things with you once I'm not travelling.

Another quick response: if you flip Town, Banks, well, like I've already stated several times, today's the day we resolve the Bs. If I'm wrong about you, bhuber dies, assuming I don't get a MASSIVE change of heart after re-reading dorian/listening to other people's comments on him.
oh damn I want to go to bed any chance you can scan my dorian day 1 case and tell me what you think.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:30 AM   #2597
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

You didn't go 3/3 slendy. Sorry bro.

Read my dorian case. I also don't think I berated your play at any point. I said that you were using too much association and should read the evidence.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:31 AM   #2598
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

I'll check my ipad in like 20 minutes before I fall asleep. Otherwise I'll just pick up here in the morning.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:51 AM   #2599
Slendy
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 425
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Dorian's D1 definitely is the weakest of his Phases, Banks.

A part of my Town-lean on him though has been that he has seemed to consistently progress into a Player who needs "confirmed" information in order to properly try #solve-ing the game.

So, a lot to mull over in that post by you, can't say in the 20minutes you have left (now less than 5?) how much of it I agree with. At a superficial glance there's some bits I felt weren't as red as you presented them.
Slendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:51 AM   #2600
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

I guess you were just passing through. Sleep time for real now.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive