Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2015, 11:47 AM   #226
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
I found it. Baldur's Gate
I'd like to add I found this thread by myself searching old PMs not using any other method that may or may not be quicker.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:54 AM   #227
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

riki and achrom are villagers. This is not a soft of a peek.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:56 AM   #228
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

How you interact is important, true, but rarely have I seen a need to preface it.

Banker explain your town read on me in detail please.
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:56 AM   #229
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

i don't think i agree with the docespana votes

like i can see why people are voting him, because of that big post, but i'm not convinced it makes him mafia

he just seems like an argumentative person

if he continues to only talk about the first post of the game i'll reconsider
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:57 AM   #230
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
i don't think i agree with the docespana votes

like i can see why people are voting him, because of that big post, but i'm not convinced it makes him mafia

he just seems like an argumentative person

if he continues to only talk about the first post of the game i'll reconsider
Is it your nature to tell people what they must do to not be suspicious in your eyes? I don't like this post.
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:59 AM   #231
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
well i agree that in theory it's a -ev thing to say as a wolf

but i don't think it makes it that villagery, especially if he's a person who isn't very used to giving many reads early in the game.

and like i said earlier, i didn't actually agree with the observation he made or why his observation even makes slendy a villager
Hmm. So what you are saying is that it could be scum forcing out a read? Guess this thought makes sense when you are disagreeing with the observation.

I didnt read it that way, and actually i didnt care that much about the observation, i just think that overall giving a read with that explanation would way more often be a villager than a scum.
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:00 PM   #232
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
How you interact is important, true, but rarely have I seen a need to preface it.

Banker explain your town read on me in detail please.
I think you are trying to actively solve the game. I also liked your questioning of me for saying what I said about your first post and your response was not what I would expect from a wolf.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:00 PM   #233
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
Is it your nature to tell people what they must do to not be suspicious in your eyes? I don't like this post.
well no because that's not what i was doing
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:00 PM   #234
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Eh, I just don't like that Docespana gets accused of being fluffy, and then immediately makes a serious vote. But if he didn't see it, he didn't see it.
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:00 PM   #235
road
grinder
 
road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 529
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
I've played 2 scum mishmashes here and 3 town ones maybe 4 math is hard. Baldur's Gate (Can't find it looking back and spent too long searching) and Futurama I was scum in both games.
Thanks (also to the post with Baldurs gate link)
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:01 PM   #236
DocEspana
enthusiast
 
DocEspana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 78
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
I've played with road but not with the others on forums. I would care more about your reads on people in the game than your theory on the evolution on people saying the words "I'm villager" and the correlation that has on their alignment.
See how much I respond when just discussing why I'm having culture shock about why you all would do something (claim villager freely) which is already presumed. I'm about to go to the gym and then back to bed and there is a lot of game day left. I'm not messing up my sleep schedule to analyze posts when there will be 200 more when I wake up. I will analyze plenty for you guys. Any SDNer watching is laughing because they know exactly what I'm doing and what I'm gonna be looking for in the next 200 ish posts. I've almost developed a wolf hunting strategy around my frequent night shifts.

But it requires a lot of posts. A lot. And I think that's why I got selected to represent them. Hopefully *someone* doesn't lynch me because I am grumpy that you guys do things slightly differently than I'm used to. Because my worth come in later today and from then on. You can feel free to lynch me after day one (but I hope you don't) if you feel I'm overselling the worth of what I do after you see it.
DocEspana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:02 PM   #237
MSU
journeyman
 
MSU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Central City
Posts: 247
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

and I forgot how intense you all get....

More reads from me:

Banks is leaning town for me - posts are becoming more substantial and less "trying to raise mynumber"

Doc is reading slight town for me because I get what he posted and why he posted the "13 members saying I'm town". Much like Riki said, I;m not convinced it makes him mafia.

Riki - I agreed with his assessment on Doc and not getting any scum vibe from him at this point.
MSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:02 PM   #238
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
well no because that's not what i was doing
You lit a beacon saying "Well if he keeps posting about the first post I'll reconsider."

Or to rephrase it.

"HINT DOC, DON'T KEEP TALKING ABOUT THAT POST, HERE'S A HINT, LOOK AT ME, GIVING YOU A HINT. HINT HINT HINT."

You deny the charges, Riki?
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:03 PM   #239
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Unvote

Meh.
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:03 PM   #240
DocEspana
enthusiast
 
DocEspana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 78
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

P.s. loving this. There are so many ideas flying at once. Should be really fun.
DocEspana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:06 PM   #241
fontisian
grinder
 
fontisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DarkLordPotter
Posts: 596
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocEspana View Post
Any SDNer watching is laughing because they know exactly what I'm doing and what I'm gonna be looking for in the next 200 ish posts. I've almost developed a wolf hunting strategy around my frequent night shifts.
~snip~
Because my worth come in later today and from then on. You can feel free to lynch me after day one (but I hope you don't) if you feel I'm overselling the worth of what I do after you see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocEspana View Post
P.s. loving this. There are so many ideas flying at once. Should be really fun.
You don't think these bits are indicative of town, Achro?
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:06 PM   #242
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocEspana View Post
See how much I respond when just discussing why I'm having culture shock about why you all would do something (claim villager freely) which is already presumed. I'm about to go to the gym and then back to bed and there is a lot of game day left. I'm not messing up my sleep schedule to analyze posts when there will be 200 more when I wake up. I will analyze plenty for you guys. Any SDNer watching is laughing because they know exactly what I'm doing and what I'm gonna be looking for in the next 200 ish posts. I've almost developed a wolf hunting strategy around my frequent night shifts.

But it requires a lot of posts. A lot. And I think that's why I got selected to represent them. Hopefully *someone* doesn't lynch me because I am grumpy that you guys do things slightly differently than I'm used to. Because my worth come in later today and from then on. You can feel free to lynch me after day one (but I hope you don't) if you feel I'm overselling the worth of what I do after you see it.
I need a nap 3 hours was not enough sleep and I think I'm being kinda lazy on reading and missing things like I read this post 3 times and remember 0 things in it. I'll see you nerds in like 2 hours.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:09 PM   #243
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

font:

Not especially. Then again I am operating under the parameter that everyone in this game is a scary monster of a mafia player so I am disinclined to hand out town credit this early. There's plenty of time to rip through the game and find town friends.
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:09 PM   #244
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by road View Post
Hmm. So what you are saying is that it could be scum forcing out a read? Guess this thought makes sense when you are disagreeing with the observation.

I didnt read it that way, and actually i didnt care that much about the observation, i just think that overall giving a read with that explanation would way more often be a villager than a scum.
this is kind of a personal thing that could be incorrect when applied to others, but when i was newer at mafia or like, playing with players i considered a lot better than myself, i'd spend a lot of time defending villagers even when it was probably bad play to do so

like it feels like such a good post to make as mafia even though it isn't

it also means you get to spend less time accusing people you don't want to be paying any attention to you

it got me townread for the exact same reason you're using, and it let me live for a couple days

i think he's said here that day 1s are much softer on his home site, and people give less early reads and stuff, so if he's mafia and gives a bunch of early reads here, i don't think it's unlikely that he'd defend a villager under suspicion even if that's not the most +ev thing for him to say
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:13 PM   #245
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
You lit a beacon saying "Well if he keeps posting about the first post I'll reconsider."

Or to rephrase it.

"HINT DOC, DON'T KEEP TALKING ABOUT THAT POST, HERE'S A HINT, LOOK AT ME, GIVING YOU A HINT. HINT HINT HINT."

You deny the charges, Riki?
alternatively, it's me saying that if he's a villager he should probably be moving on

your interpretation of it is just confirmation bias afaict
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:15 PM   #246
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

But, why give him help? Why not see what he does unimpeded by your advice to get a further read on him? My questioning of you doesn't actually really include Doc's alignment, it is irrelevant to the discussion.
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:20 PM   #247
dorian78
centurion
 
dorian78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 137
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
wait, we're talking about pushing easy wagons as mafia right

why would anyone have to be a "good player" to be capable of that

didn't you say yourself that you thought that type of play was more likely to come from mafia

also, y u ignore the part of my post where i like, disagreed with you and stuff
I suppose you don't have to be a "good player" to push easy wagons as mafia, but consciously keeping your same town playstyle when you're mafia is one of the biggest challenges of the game, and being able to do it is part of what makes someone a "good player" in my opinion.

I did say that I see the tactic as coming from mafia a lot. But how often do you have to see someone use the same tactic as town before you stop seeing it as scummy when it comes from them? I know a sample size of one game is pretty pathetic, but I'm new here and it's all I have to work with.

I ignored the rest of the post because I felt like rehashing the nitty-gritty of how I read another game would be a pretty serious de-rail of the thread. Suffice it to say that I would have been horribly wrong as town. We can discuss the details if you want, but in the end I think we'll still disagree, and that's ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
i think he's said here that day 1s are much softer on his home site, and people give less early reads and stuff, so if he's mafia and gives a bunch of early reads here, i don't think it's unlikely that he'd defend a villager under suspicion even if that's not the most +ev thing for him to say
They are. Like, I've been conditioned to think that all the stuff people getting reads off of this early in a game are all complete WIFOM and BS, and until actual stuff happens, mafia can and will say/do anything. I'm trying to adapt. When I posted the slight read on slendy, I don't believe he had much suspicion, at least in my mind. I mean, some people disagreed with his decision to withhold the reason, but did anyone actually think he was suspicious for it?
dorian78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:24 PM   #248
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
But, why give him help? Why not see what he does unimpeded by your advice to get a further read on him? My questioning of you doesn't actually really include Doc's alignment, it is irrelevant to the discussion.
well for one thing, i have seen or played with people who like to argue and they will argue about the same thing for a long time

(i used to be that type of person in the past)

if docespana is one of those people i'd want him to stop doing that

and like, regardless of his alignment, because i think it would be easier to read him if he was posting content rather than continuing his current argument

like, i'm not sure why there's anything wrong with telling people to post actual content
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:28 PM   #249
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Nothing wrong in theory, but phrasing can be very important and the way you phrased it tickled me. Although I am a bit confused why you denied you were telling him what not to do to be suspicious though I mean that's clearly what you did when you said you could possibly vote if he didn't shape up.
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:33 PM   #250
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian78 View Post
I suppose you don't have to be a "good player" to push easy wagons as mafia, but consciously keeping your same town playstyle when you're mafia is one of the biggest challenges of the game, and being able to do it is part of what makes someone a "good player" in my opinion.

I did say that I see the tactic as coming from mafia a lot. But how often do you have to see someone use the same tactic as town before you stop seeing it as scummy when it comes from them? I know a sample size of one game is pretty pathetic, but I'm new here and it's all I have to work with.
i feel like you're responding to my paragraphs one at a time for the purpose of responding to them atm, not like actually responding to my post as a whole

i'm not sure what to make of that

anyway

"consciously keeping your same town playstyle when you're mafia is one of the biggest challenges of the game" is an unnecessarily general statement

we're talking specifically about pushing easy wagons, and you agree that it's something mafia are more likely to do, so why does the fact that you think slendy does it as town make it unlikely that slendy would do it as mafia? like i'm not sure how that can be an actual thought process

also, given that this is the champions game, wouldn't it be the more natural assumption to think that slendy is a "good player"

my second paragraph was in response to you thinking slendy wouldn't do it as town despite you thinking mafia are more likely to do it, your response is kind of unrelated and why i think you're responding for the purpose of responding and not for actual discussion
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive