Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
11/15 NBA Mishmash Game Thread 11/15 NBA Mishmash Game Thread

11-15-2012 , 01:12 PM
whatever

i want to win the game - if you are a villager, message delivered
11/15 NBA Mishmash Game Thread Quote
11-15-2012 , 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashington
Me too, which is why I chalked it up to a bad game.
It was a great game, actually

I nailed a bunch of wolves, cleared a bunch of villas, and put in maximum effort while posting exclusively from my phone

I made a stupid decision that I felt incorrectly would maximize the utility for my team, which is why monik's stance is pretty ridiculous and revisionist
11/15 NBA Mishmash Game Thread Quote
11-15-2012 , 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashington
Normally I'd agree, except...



He posts something that either triggers an event or makes people want to think he's triggering an event AFTER being called wolf by someone who is hard claiming seer (I know lol Kruze but still) and states that he's not going to be around AT ALL to explain it further.

Maybe I'm being too level 1 but I don't see how it's an obvious "joke." It's wolfy as hell, probably the wolfiest thing itt so far. It deserves at least some examination.
Add this to the "CDL = wolfy" evidence file

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalledDownLight
hey kruze, what kind of wolf am I?
Not really sure how you don't lynch him today assuming some other evidence to the contrary fails to surface.
11/15 NBA Mishmash Game Thread Quote
11-15-2012 , 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadarene
It was a great game, actually

I nailed a bunch of wolves, cleared a bunch of villas, and put in maximum effort while posting exclusively from my phone

I made a stupid decision that I felt incorrectly would maximize the utility for my team, which is why monik's stance is pretty ridiculous and revisionist
I said "bad game" but I meant "bad day," or maybe "bad few days" would be more accurate. You were pretty harsh and insulting to people who were trying to push you, and from what I have seen that is out of character for you.

But meh, this is really pointless, you're not getting lynched today and monik is either so the whole subject is counter productive.
11/15 NBA Mishmash Game Thread Quote
11-15-2012 , 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadarene
It was a great game, actually

I nailed a bunch of wolves, cleared a bunch of villas, and put in maximum effort while posting exclusively from my phone

I made a stupid decision that I felt incorrectly would maximize the utility for my team, which is why monik's stance is pretty ridiculous and revisionist
you can't defend getting yourself modkilled - its against the spirit of the game, its unfair to your team and the mod

if you are a villager - play a good game, thats what i want
11/15 NBA Mishmash Game Thread Quote
11-15-2012 , 01:17 PM
Given that other stuff ash I'm starting to come around. Still seems thin as hell but d1 isn't going to get any less aids.
11/15 NBA Mishmash Game Thread Quote
11-15-2012 , 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashington
But meh, this is really pointless, you're not getting lynched today and monik is* either so the whole subject is counter productive.
*isn't
11/15 NBA Mishmash Game Thread Quote
11-15-2012 , 01:18 PM
but im done on the subject
11/15 NBA Mishmash Game Thread Quote
11-15-2012 , 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashington
I said "bad game" but I meant "bad day," or maybe "bad few days" would be more accurate. You were pretty harsh and insulting to people who were trying to push you, and from what I have seen that is out of character for you.

But meh, this is really pointless, you're not getting lynched today and monik is either so the whole subject is counter productive.
Most of the people trying to push me were wolves (hardcore, loose, Boo, etc). I correctly called them out on that
11/15 NBA Mishmash Game Thread Quote
11-15-2012 , 01:32 PM
Good afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain binkles
So first you say it's a turbo environment and so posts are going to be coming hard and heavy and thing

And now you're pushing the "he's eloquent and going to construct his posts" angle, those things don't mesh

and your second thing is false btw, Montecore has spoken numerous times about being less eloquent and more 'in the flow' the more he plays ww


you've completed ignored my point about slighted and instead tried to find something else to call me wolfy for


that list was unordered, and more importantly what do YOU think about Tweedy? Would I try and deflect heat by calling him a villager as a wolf? Maybe. Would I share my read on him as a villager? Of course I would.


I would butter up Silman in every role imaginable as he is my mason br0 <3


And now as you constructed this entire post to attempt to fit your narrative of me being a wolf without considering how these things could easily happen as a villager, and in fact how imo it's pretty natural to do so, I shall be voting you, zdye
Red-My point about the "turbo" feel is that it's not uncommon to see a vote and snap-counter vote that early. If you're saying that monte's counter-vote was wolfy because it was "constructed," I'm still not seeing it. And I will stand by my eloquence-read, because imo it's the truth.

Blue-I didn't ignore your point on slighted. I specifically asked you to talk it through. Your answer was "doesn't matter, don't have a read." I've already said how your case on monte has much to do with slighted's role, even though you don't feel the same way.

Green- I think it's pretty easy to see where I stand on tweedy, I even said it in the post you quoted.

Orange- I know that when I village, I don't feel the need to buddy up to certain players. That's usually because I'm trying to feel them out, not figure out what they had for breakfast. But I know your style differs, so I'll concede that point. I don't think your snap-villager lean on him was warranted, however.

Purple- I am certainly considering the possibility that you are a villager. I just want to call attention to what I believe are holes in your logic, and you coming to conclusions which I don't see eye-to-eye with. The more I force you to talk them out, instead of simply saying "he doesn't make this type of post as a wolf/villager," the better.

Just felt I had to address this. I'll get some more reads going once i reread this morning.
11/15 NBA Mishmash Game Thread Quote
11-15-2012 , 01:34 PM
lol hey there zdye

zdye
11/15 NBA Mishmash Game Thread Quote
11-15-2012 , 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Sandwich
lol hey there zdye

zdye
Really? Why?
11/15 NBA Mishmash Game Thread Quote
11-15-2012 , 01:38 PM
Lol sando. That'll teach zdye to make a detailed post defending himself.
11/15 NBA Mishmash Game Thread Quote
11-15-2012 , 01:39 PM
Why hello shark. I was slightly disappoint when you didn't come back to the thread last night, I was much more in the mood to spar then than I am now.

And if you haven't tone cleared me based on my opening post, you either lost your touch or are a wolf.
11/15 NBA Mishmash Game Thread Quote
11-15-2012 , 01:39 PM
I've skimmed over everything and don't have many reads yet. Monte seems villagery, although the fact that he's back to posting in paragraphs makes me a little after I found him slightly wolfy for abandoning that posting style in MLPIV (he was a villager there).
11/15 NBA Mishmash Game Thread Quote
11-15-2012 , 01:40 PM
Havent caught up yet, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain binkles
Actually, DarO, I've convinced myself

BAIDS very likely needs to die though
11/15 NBA Mishmash Game Thread Quote
11-15-2012 , 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadarene
Really? Why?
I didn't like his just-finished poast, nor these (click through for quotes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Sandwich


All,

y u no stop poasting overnight
In my experience, wordy, earnest zdye is a wolf
11/15 NBA Mishmash Game Thread Quote
11-15-2012 , 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Sandwich
In my experience, wordy, earnest zdye is a wolf
That's not particularly my experience. Can you link me to a wolf game of zdye's where he was wordy and earnest?
11/15 NBA Mishmash Game Thread Quote
11-15-2012 , 01:45 PM
Gad,

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdye724
Morning. Going to be phone posting for at least a day and a half so I apologize in advance if I seem a bit shallow with my reads and posts. I will also do my best to interact while itt.

I agree with the early Noah wolf leans.

People wagoning looshle early are looking for an easy mislynch imo.

Boo appears to be villaging, but his wolf reads are usually wrong, especially early.
Vix is also above rand to be a villager, but again he's another player whose reads I wouldn't trust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdye724
Also, we really need to completely ignore the lost wolf crap that tends to derail almost every d1.

I defended hurp for it last game but I'm not going to white knight anyone again for it.

You need to evaluate the rest of the posts from that player. For example, binkles "better votes" list with looshle and wiper at the top sketches me out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdye724
I read the first five pages when I woke up, and he stood out the most to me.

I went back and reread, and it's the "hi how are you? heart" posts that bother me the most.

Shallow, yeah. But people at the time seemed ok with clearing him on volume which, if you cut out the fluff, isn't really three.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdye724
I didn't know Noah had that polarized of a range. He always seemed to be a capable player to me, but my experience with him is limited and I don't have the ability at the moment to find a wolf game of his to disprove you.

As for nutshot, if someone could read his d1 in cinema, that could be useful. I remember him being fairly aggro there.

However, before that game, I always read him as a trolling idgaf villager and a more cautious, almost polite wolf. His early posts here point to the latter imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdye724
I'm sorry binkles, but you can't be the one that says that you and another player are never w/w. Someone else has to do that.

I didn't think any of the posts that Noah made this morning were out of a standard player's wolf range. If you are correct about him being a totally frozen wolf, then we'll know more by the end of tomorrow I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdye724
Read his d1 in Estonia and then read his d1 and d2 in Brazil. If you can't spot the difference i can't help you.

Phone posting makes reading old posts a pain in the ass, but I'm doing the best I can.

And my reads are coming along. I think boo and vix are villagers. Binkles I thought was clearing Noah light, but his posts explaining why were good. I still think Noah is being wolfy, and another wolf might be ashington. Loose is another player who strikes me as villagery.
11/15 NBA Mishmash Game Thread Quote
11-15-2012 , 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Sandwich
I didn't like his just-finished poast, nor these (click through for quotes)



In my experience, wordy, earnest zdye is a wolf
Giving the thumbs down is one thing, not pointing out what in particular you find bad/wolfy about it is something else entirely.

And I was stoned last night, so that might help explain the long-winded posts imo
11/15 NBA Mishmash Game Thread Quote
11-15-2012 , 01:47 PM
zdye is pretty much not a wolf

in conclusion
11/15 NBA Mishmash Game Thread Quote
11-15-2012 , 01:48 PM
Thanks, Shark.

Read over some low posters and have the following thoughts:

Effen: no read

BAIDS: no read

Vagos: no read

Vagos is obv doing the most work, but he'd do that in both roles imo. BAIDS had a really weird pop-in -- can someone remind me if he's one of those people who enjoys wolfing more than villagering, or can I take his reluctance to get into the gameflow so far as being a suspicious sign? Effen contributed nothing beyond a comment on CDL's thing and then promptly went to bed.
11/15 NBA Mishmash Game Thread Quote
11-15-2012 , 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Sandwich
In my experience, wordy, earnest zdye is a wolf
[ ] agree

Zdye's wolf game is general erosion of content + postcount as the game progresses IMO
11/15 NBA Mishmash Game Thread Quote
11-15-2012 , 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdye724
Giving the thumbs down is one thing, not pointing out what in particular you find bad/wolfy about it is something else entirely.

And I was stoned last night, so that might help explain the long-winded posts imo
Get it straight buster - I'm not here to explain my reads. I'm here to tell you what to do and if self-preservation is an instinct you possess you'd better ****ing do it and do it quick. I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen.
11/15 NBA Mishmash Game Thread Quote
11-15-2012 , 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadarene
Thanks, Shark.

Read over some low posters and have the following thoughts:

Effen: no read

BAIDS: no read

Vagos: no read

Vagos is obv doing the most work, but he'd do that in both roles imo. BAIDS had a really weird pop-in -- can someone remind me if he's one of those people who enjoys wolfing more than villagering, or can I take his reluctance to get into the gameflow so far as being a suspicious sign? Effen contributed nothing beyond a comment on CDL's thing and then promptly went to bed.
BAIDS is the least involved wolf this side of BJAIDS
11/15 NBA Mishmash Game Thread Quote

      
m