Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Heads Up NL Discussion of heads up NL Texas Hold'em cash games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2017, 10:41 AM   #1
Money$Team
grinder
 
Money$Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 561
Angry Why don't they want to play with me?

What's up HUNL,

I typically play 6max but have been messing around a little at the HU tables lately on Ignition. I figure that in HU you get put in many more difficult and unusual spots with all sorts of hands and occasionally playing a few sessions at smaller stakes would be an interesting/cheap way to improve my overall game.

Anyway, I've been trying to find games at 10NL and 25NL. I see the regs sitting at several tables waiting to play, but after a few hands they just leave. It seems to happen over and over and its rare that someone will play for much more than 5 minutes.

At first I thought in may be my pace, since I don't play much HU and tend to think a little longer and take more notes, but even when I try to speed up the play it still seems to happen.

Are they just waiting for Fish that will punt off their stacks and quitting every time they sit with someone they think is competent?
Money$Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:50 AM   #2
idzake
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6
Re: Why don't they want to play with me?

First of all, the rake is huge at 10 or 25 NL, including 50NL so nobody is going to play you if you're a tight player.

About your question, yes they just wait for the stupid ones all they long.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
idzake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:44 AM   #3
Bob148
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: far too young and clever
Posts: 8,615
Re: Why don't they want to play with me?

I found gamestarting to be a great way to get in some heads up hands.
Bob148 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 03:11 PM   #4
Warder
adept
 
Warder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,023
Re: Why don't they want to play with me?

On top of there being extremely high rake, there's also been a bug since January of 2016 where you can't see the 2nd player seated nearly half of the time. So if you're ever the first player seated at a heads up table and notice that you get removed without anybody having sat you, it's because somebody actually did sit, but you couldn't see them. So what actually happens is that they sit > you can't see them so you don't post > you get sat out > they leave > you remain sitting out > you get booted from the table after 5 minutes. It's mind boggling that this hasn't been fixed in 15 months. I've personally sent 30-40 emails with screenshots.

So it could very well be that players don't want to play you, but it's just as likely that they can't even see you sitting at their table in the first place.
Warder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:04 AM   #5
thrasher789
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
thrasher789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,253
Re: Why don't they want to play with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warder View Post
On top of there being extremely high rake, there's also been a bug since January of 2016 where you can't see the 2nd player seated nearly half of the time. So if you're ever the first player seated at a heads up table and notice that you get removed without anybody having sat you, it's because somebody actually did sit, but you couldn't see them. So what actually happens is that they sit > you can't see them so you don't post > you get sat out > they leave > you remain sitting out > you get booted from the table after 5 minutes. It's mind boggling that this hasn't been fixed in 15 months. I've personally sent 30-40 emails with screenshots.

So it could very well be that players don't want to play you, but it's just as likely that they can't even see you sitting at their table in the first place.
I've played ~10k hands of 50nl ignition this month and have not seen this but that I can recall so hopefully it is fixed.

The real reason was alluded to earlier, if they are sitting low stakes tables they are game selecting and waiting for fish to join. If you don't mind waiting just open some tables and wait, you'll be in a better spot to begin with because in general winning players sit the tables and wait for the weaker ones to join.

Don't be offended, it really just means they consider you good enough to not be worth their time.
thrasher789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:08 AM   #6
StraightFlooosh
grinder
 
StraightFlooosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Iowa City, IA
Posts: 646
Re: Why don't they want to play with me?

Play HUPLO instead.
StraightFlooosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:36 AM   #7
Money$Team
grinder
 
Money$Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 561
Re: Why don't they want to play with me?

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll start opening tables when I want some HU action.
Money$Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:47 PM   #8
fkme2tears
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 111
Re: Why don't they want to play with me?

Your probably a good fundamentally sound player and they are bum hunting for the worst of the worst. I know some regs that sit out as soon as someone raises. They only play players that limp its hilarious. It makes me wonder why they bother playing heads up to begin with.
fkme2tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:48 PM   #9
thrasher789
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
thrasher789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,253
Re: Why don't they want to play with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkme2tears View Post
Your probably a good fundamentally sound player and they are bum hunting for the worst of the worst. I know some regs that sit out as soon as someone raises. They only play players that limp its hilarious. It makes me wonder why they bother playing heads up to begin with.
Lol, how long does it take them to get action?
thrasher789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:08 PM   #10
fkme2tears
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 111
Re: Why don't they want to play with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher789 View Post
Lol, how long does it take them to get action?
They literally play 1 to 3 players all day long and half the time I see them get hit and run. I would rather be a 6 max nit playing 9/7 then do that kind of crap.
fkme2tears is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online