I've read through this thread a bit, but I didn't find anything specifically addressing my situation, so I thought I'd just ask directly. First some info:
1) I'm a Canadian citizen with Permanent Resident status in the US. Born in Canada. Lived in the US since I was 13. I'm 30 now.
2) For the past 10 years, my sole income has been poker winnings.
3) I've paid income tax on those winnings to the IRS every year.
I want to move back to Canada and play online poker as my only source of income. Some questions:
1) Do I have to pay taxes to the CRA on my poker winnings?
2) Does the fact that I filed as a professional in the US for many years affect whether or not I have to file with the CRA?
3) If I do have to file with the CRA, are there any good resources on how to do that?
Thanks for any help guys!