Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Medium-High Stakes PL/NL Discussions about medium-high stakes pot-limit and no-limit hold'em (2-4 and up)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #51
jungleman
veteran
 
jungleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: now doing plo and nl coaching
Posts: 2,026
Re: Computer Hacked / Pokerstars Refund/ Joshua Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidemanpoker View Post
JM, just to add whatever you can to the case to make it even more clear this guy is likely guilty, when you personally reflect back on how he acted, do the pieces start to fall together in very scammer-esque ways? I mean did he seem really eager to meet WGC and others in similar situations? Maybe it wasn't totally over the top, but when looking back on it, did the way he approached meeting others fall in line with being the hacker in this instance? Finally, why do you think you were spared his attacks?

To the above, I just don't get it. There was Girah ADMITTING to stealing money and yet still no legal action was taken? It is so bizarre to me as I have to believe (again, not a lawyer) that these are punishable by law type crimes. Fraud, theft, etc.?
Josh never once made any attempt to either meet online players, or get near my computer (he never did) over the 2 yearish of various encounters I had with him. Maybe all the things he did for me were an attempt to gain my trust, but I think that it's kinda absurd that he had been passively working on this for 2+ years not to mention gaining the trust of real life pros such as Antonio Esfandiari, Dan Bilzerian and whoever else he hangs out with. However, there are various motives possible here not just very malicious ones.
jungleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #52
aejones
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
aejones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Running the Streets
Posts: 20,017
Re: Computer Hacked / Pokerstars Refund/ Joshua Tyler

man the best part of the op is when he's just randomly taking a shower in your master bedroom.
aejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:29 PM   #53
prideitoff
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 188
Re: Computer Hacked / Pokerstars Refund/ Joshua Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by aejones View Post
man the best part of the op is when he's just randomly taking a shower in your master bedroom.
u expect him to use the guest shower? hes josh fk tyler.. heard hes got mad connects in vegas
prideitoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:46 AM   #54
Hoopster81
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hoopster81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Posts: 7,123
Re: Computer Hacked / Pokerstars Refund/ Joshua Tyler

I assume the Forbidden536 account isn't registered to Joshua Tyler? Or has transfer history to Josh's account? Is Stars not allowed to divulge this information even in this situation?

Either way, I'd go ahead and create the joshuatylerisascammer site and he how he responds.
Hoopster81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:09 AM   #55
ralph cifaretto
adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 774
Re: Computer Hacked / Pokerstars Refund/ Joshua Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by prideitoff View Post
u expect him to use the guest shower? hes josh fk tyler.. heard hes got mad connects in vegas
Exactly. The guy's a baller. He's made mad paper from a card game. He's diversified into the growing technology sector. He's had the option to stay in any of the best suites Vegas has to offer.

Nah, I'll sleep on Doug Polk's floor please. I'm Josh ****ing Tyler.
ralph cifaretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:33 AM   #56
lucky_scrote
adept
 
lucky_scrote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cheltenham, UK
Posts: 707
Re: Computer Hacked / Pokerstars Refund/ Joshua Tyler

I played a bit of live poker with Josh around 2006/2007. He was a loud mouth whom apparently had rich parents. When he won a big pot he acted like a complete fool giving the opponent he just beat a rub down. He certainly lacked empathy.

The last time I spoke with him would have been Jan 2010 in Melbourne during the Aussie millions and he said he had quit/was quitting poker and that he had gone into business with someone to set up some kind of business. Something involving online diaries and he told me how he was going to make it big.
lucky_scrote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #57
pokervangelist
grinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 460
Re: Computer Hacked / Pokerstars Refund/ Joshua Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCGRider View Post
Apparently this is a running problem with the wording.

In the first paragraph under the pokerstars section, im talking about playing poker in Japan. The reason for my excitement is that I am able to play on pokerstars being that I am outside of the country. I spend part of my time in vegas, part of my time in canada, and then part of my traveling abroad.

At no point in this story did i play a hand of poker on pokerstars while being in Las Vegas.
Off topic...Playing at Bellagio High Stakes Saturday and this story was topic of table for awhile then when one former Tilt pro sat at table he accused Doug of not being this most ethical person and got what he deserved. Said he scammed FT for a ton of money with echeck deposits for months that of course never got deposited. I dont know if true but like Doug to comment on it since it was talked about at table
pokervangelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #58
kabyz
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 483
Re: Computer Hacked / Pokerstars Refund/ Joshua Tyler

Lol, Flemish newspaper more or less copypasting this thread...

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/article/det...30806_00683092
kabyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #59
CheckDaQuads
veteran
 
CheckDaQuads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,720
Re: Computer Hacked / Pokerstars Refund/ Joshua Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by aejones View Post
man the best part of the op is when he's just randomly taking a shower in your master bedroom.
I'm more interested in this. Was the Jungleman in there with him?
CheckDaQuads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:45 AM   #60
jcmoussa
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,195
Re: Computer Hacked / Pokerstars Refund/ Joshua Tyler

I hope that youre looking into pressing charges against this person and not just letting it go. Also posting pictures of the individual/facebook link or something so that we know who he is would be a great help to others.
jcmoussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #61
pokervangelist
grinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 460
Re: Computer Hacked / Pokerstars Refund/ Joshua Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDyke View Post
Most likely Stars wont divulge any information because of the data protection act, to anyone but the account holder or law enforcement if the submit a request.
I would think that if Dougs computer was hacked in Vegas the Clark County DA would be very interested in this especially with legal online poker being played in his County.Sure he would would love to make an example of a proven hacker
pokervangelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:00 PM   #62
jfulla
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 93
Re: Computer Hacked / Pokerstars Refund/ Joshua Tyler

Couple thoughts/comments:

1. If Joshua Tyler has been around poker for years and knows about HU online poker play, why would he play in such a fashion that makes his opponents suspicious that he can see their hole cards? Surely he could play a more believable style without tipping off his opponents. I understand this may be since he always had limited time in WCG's house, but it comes off as pretty greedy/stupid.

2. If he was staying in the house of the people he was cheating, this guy has some serious balls. I for one would be afraid that if I were caught red handed that I would be in for a serious beat down. I certainly wouldn't rule out the scenario that Joshua Tyler gained access to the computers from inside the house, and someone remotely (from the UK?) was actually the one playing the poker.
jfulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #63
Kardnel
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,571
Re: Computer Hacked / Pokerstars Refund/ Joshua Tyler

Quote:
1. If Joshua Tyler has been around poker for years and knows about HU online poker play, why would he play in such a fashion that makes his opponents suspicious that he can see their hole cards? Surely he could play a more believable style without tipping off his opponents. I understand this may be since he always had limited time in WCG's house, but it comes off as pretty greedy/stupid.
Good point can't believe I didn't think of that. Certainly seems *really* odd. Then again, it seems like super users never do it very intelligently at all. Maybe pretending to be a big fish was his genius (terrible) idea for deception? Still weird though since thats pretty dang stupid instead of like... super using a few key hands an hour and otherwise just playing normally.

Glad you got your money back WCG. If you get more conclusive proof and want to chase after the guy legally you can probably get a lot of us to chip in some $. I know I want to start seeing these scammers see prison, I'd definitely donate to that cause.
Kardnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #64
insyder19
Pooh-Bah
 
insyder19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,905
Re: Computer Hacked / Pokerstars Refund/ Joshua Tyler

WCG, you should be careful inviting random people to stay in your house for long. I know you are there with a bunch of poker friends and it is kind of normal to do so but you need to remember you have a million dollar business running. You should also remember the scamming which happened basically the same way to fisheye and couple other german highrollers I think in 2011? Also before that similar stuff happened. But hands down for you being a very nice person it seems like, wasn't expecting that to be honest.

As for Jungle, be very very careful to people you trust, from what I remember when we met the only time in London while ago, already then there were people who wanted to benefit through your extreme poker skill by making it look like they are your friends. I can still see it when you post pictures on FB. You are probably way too good of a human or a bit too naiv for this poker world which is more and more just business similar to the stock market.

On the side note, really lucky this happened on Stars. FTP already had this kind of issue since relaunch but they of course don't pay anyone anything back.

Btw, did anyone in the NL section of the 6max games been paid back by stars, however them not telling the reason? Because last year alone I think Stars paid back about 20+ regulars in PLO games, we are still very unsure about who was cheating, especially because it must have been in the 25/50+ 6m games. I only can think of socutiefs but who knows!
insyder19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #65
Sebastian37
old hand
 
Sebastian37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sticky Fingers
Posts: 1,367
Re: Computer Hacked / Pokerstars Refund/ Joshua Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by insyder19 View Post
WCG, you should be careful inviting random people to stay in your house for long. I know you are there with a bunch of poker friends and it is kind of normal to do so but you need to remember you have a million dollar business running. You should also remember the scamming which happened basically the same way to fisheye and couple other german highrollers I think in 2011? Also before that similar stuff happened. But hands down for you being a very nice person it seems like, wasn't expecting that to be honest.

As for Jungle, be very very careful to people you trust, from what I remember when we met the only time in London while ago, already then there were people who wanted to benefit through your extreme poker skill by making it look like they are your friends. I can still see it when you post pictures on FB. You are probably way too good of a human or a bit too naiv for this poker world which is more and more just business similar to the stock market.

On the side note, really lucky this happened on Stars. FTP already had this kind of issue since relaunch but they of course don't pay anyone anything back.

Btw, did anyone in the NL section of the 6max games been paid back by stars, however them not telling the reason? Because last year alone I think Stars paid back about 20+ regulars in PLO games, we are still very unsure about who was cheating, especially because it must have been in the 25/50+ 6m games. I only can think of socutiefs but who knows!
It surprises me you say this about FTP. I would think PS would have put forth the same effort and team on this weather it happened on PS or on FTP but I am not familiar with how FTP is now setup.
Sebastian37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #66
muckylaniac
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 22
Re: Computer Hacked / Pokerstars Refund/ Joshua Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokervangelist View Post
Off topic...Playing at Bellagio High Stakes Saturday and this story was topic of table for awhile then when one former Tilt pro sat at table he accused Doug of not being this most ethical person and got what he deserved. Said he scammed FT for a ton of money with echeck deposits for months that of course never got deposited. I dont know if true but like Doug to comment on it since it was talked about at table
Interesting......not sure it has a place on this thread though? maybe doug is choosing to ignore this because it will detract from the OP.


off topic

Poker really does seems full are ****** scumbags at first sight but in reality its no more so than any other industry and to be honest there are way more people in the online poker community willing to actually out the scammers and scumbags than pretty much any other IMO

YES online poker has some pretty awful people involved in the community but they are outnumber by such a large number who really just want the best for the games and when the dust settles the ratio of good/bad people involved really should be seen as a great endorsement for future players


Well done for all those who expose the people who really deserve it
muckylaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #67
captZEEbo
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
captZEEbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,993
Re: Computer Hacked / Pokerstars Refund/ Joshua Tyler

Did any of your other roommates try to get refunds?
captZEEbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #68
pokervangelist
grinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 460
Re: Computer Hacked / Pokerstars Refund/ Joshua Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckylaniac View Post
Interesting......not sure it has a place on this thread though? maybe doug is choosing to ignore this because it will detract from the OP.


off topic

Poker really does seems full are ****** scumbags at first sight but in reality its no more so than any other industry and to be honest there are way more people in the online poker community willing to actually out the scammers and scumbags than pretty much any other IMO

YES online poker has some pretty awful people involved in the community but they are outnumber by such a large number who really just want the best for the games and when the dust settles the ratio of good/bad people involved really should be seen as a great endorsement for future players


Well done for all those who expose the people who really deserve it
Didnt think it should start its own thread. I know Doug and like him but it was talked about at table and he should respond to it that he scammed $$ on FT during the deposit fiasco for a ton of money. I would take his word over any FT owner/pro for sure
pokervangelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #69
Kilowatt
enthusiast
 
Kilowatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 699
Re: Computer Hacked / Pokerstars Refund/ Joshua Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian37 View Post
Let me first say that I don't know JM or the other people involved, but I have to agree with Viffer here. OK, with the Girah thing, maybe JM was in the wrong place at the wrong time so he can get a a pass. Though when he is involved in a second instance I think it is naive to completely rule him out or at the very least not question his involvement. Where there is smoke, there is almost always fire and he has had smoke coming off of him twice now.

Also people usually surround themselves and hangout with people who they see as like themselves. Druggies typically hang out with druggies, poker players hang with other poker players, and scammers hang out with other scammers. So if JM, is friends with these type of people what does it say about his character?

He wasn't in the wrong place at the wrong time with Girah, and he doesn't get a pass.

He was clearly working with Haseeb Qureshi in the puppetry behind Girah, and somehow skated free of blame from the community at large. I guess it's because Jungleman was a better-liked guy than Qureshi (who was also guilty as sin), so it was easier to throw Qureshi under the bus alone.

You know... kind of like how Russ Hamilton was assigned all of the blame for the UB scandal, while guys like Greg Pierson skated away with minimal damage to their reps.

It's possible that Jungleman had nothing to do with this, but it seems he is too closely involved with too many "coincidences" that involve scamming and cheating.

The fact that Tyler was "introduced" to him, seemingly out of nowhere, makes it suspicious. To me it looks very possible that Tyler and Jungleman came up with a way to scam several high stakes pros, and this was a setup from the start.
Kilowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #70
ralph cifaretto
adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 774
Re: Computer Hacked / Pokerstars Refund/ Joshua Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
more of what this forum needs: bull**** pop psychology
Who says jungle doesnt have any social skills? 2 things:

a) This is a good observation.
b) You can deliver a punchline bro.

I'm compereing an open mic nite at jongleurs this week, you wanna come down? (I'm not a scammer btw. I dont know if that has any influence on your decision either way )

Quote:
Off topic...Playing at Bellagio High Stakes Saturday and this story was topic of table for awhile then when one former Tilt pro sat at table he accused Doug of not being this most ethical person and got what he deserved. Said he scammed FT for a ton of money with echeck deposits for months that of course never got deposited. I dont know if true but like Doug to comment on it since it was talked about at table
Whether this is true, whether this can be proved. What implications theoretically does it have for this situation? And for the Brad Booth 1?

(Applied philosophical q: If a drug dealer gets robbed in the street whilst walking his doggie, is he a victim?)
ralph cifaretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #71
jungleman
veteran
 
jungleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: now doing plo and nl coaching
Posts: 2,026
Re: Computer Hacked / Pokerstars Refund/ Joshua Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilowatt View Post
He wasn't in the wrong place at the wrong time with Girah, and he doesn't get a pass.

He was clearly working with Haseeb Qureshi in the puppetry behind Girah, and somehow skated free of blame from the community at large. I guess it's because Jungleman was a better-liked guy than Qureshi (who was also guilty as sin), so it was easier to throw Qureshi under the bus alone.

You know... kind of like how Russ Hamilton was assigned all of the blame for the UB scandal, while guys like Greg Pierson skated away with minimal damage to their reps.

It's possible that Jungleman had nothing to do with this, but it seems he is too closely involved with too many "coincidences" that involve scamming and cheating.

The fact that Tyler was "introduced" to him, seemingly out of nowhere, makes it suspicious. To me it looks very possible that Tyler and Jungleman came up with a way to scam several high stakes pros, and this was a setup from the start.
:S

Can a mod delete these absurd accusations? I am far from the only guy that knows josh tyler. I ought to smack you. You dont deserve the right to post thoughts in this forum
jungleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #72
WCGRider
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
WCGRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: So Cute and Fashionable
Posts: 6,743
Re: Computer Hacked / Pokerstars Refund/ Joshua Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokervangelist View Post
Off topic...Playing at Bellagio High Stakes Saturday and this story was topic of table for awhile then when one former Tilt pro sat at table he accused Doug of not being this most ethical person and got what he deserved. Said he scammed FT for a ton of money with echeck deposits for months that of course never got deposited. I dont know if true but like Doug to comment on it since it was talked about at table
This is completely false, in fact its the reverse. I actually got scammed by someone in a trade where they did this and I lost several thousand. Also why would my full tilt account be unlocked if this is the case?
WCGRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #73
Kilowatt
enthusiast
 
Kilowatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 699
Re: Computer Hacked / Pokerstars Refund/ Joshua Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
:S

Can a mod delete these absurd accusations? I am far from the only guy that knows josh tyler. I ought to smack you. You dont deserve the right to post thoughts in this forum
I have been around high limit poker for 10 years, so I definitely have the right to post here.

I have also been calling out cheaters and scammers for years, so again I have the right to post about this matter.

You aren't the only guy who knows Josh Tyler, but you are the one who introduced him to WCGRider.

Just like you were very much involved in backing that false Girah identity, and then claimed victim yourself when the truth started to come out.

Funny how close you keep finding yourself to these scams.

It's a wonder that anyone in the high stakes community associates with you at all.
Kilowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #74
jungleman
veteran
 
jungleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: now doing plo and nl coaching
Posts: 2,026
Re: Computer Hacked / Pokerstars Refund/ Joshua Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilowatt View Post
I have been around high limit poker for 10 years, so I definitely have the right to post here.

I have also been calling out cheaters and scammers for years, so again I have the right to post about this matter.

You aren't the only guy who knows Josh Tyler, but you are the one who introduced him to WCGRider.

Just like you were very much involved in backing that false Girah identity, and then claimed victim yourself when the truth started to come out.

Funny how close you keep finding yourself to these scams.

It's a wonder that anyone in the high stakes community associates with you at all.
girah is real you dumb ape, you can watch his interview and his video on pokerstrategy

i have no idea who you are so you must be some bumhunting ******, so no you dont automatically gain any kind of respect
jungleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #75
ClassicalGuitar23
grinder
 
ClassicalGuitar23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Space
Posts: 547
Re: Computer Hacked / Pokerstars Refund/ Joshua Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilowatt View Post
I have been around high limit poker for 10 years, so I definitely have the right to post here.

I have also been calling out cheaters and scammers for years, so again I have the right to post about this matter.

You aren't the only guy who knows Josh Tyler, but you are the one who introduced him to WCGRider.

Just like you were very much involved in backing that false Girah identity, and then claimed victim yourself when the truth started to come out.

Funny how close you keep finding yourself to these scams.

It's a wonder that anyone in the high stakes community associates with you at all.
you have no inalienable rights here.
ClassicalGuitar23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online