Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

About the Forums Here's where you post suggestions about the forums and the software that implements them.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2018, 07:55 PM   #26
Tuma
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Tuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: One before two
Posts: 11,175
Re: Who Mods the Mods?

Golfnutt, have a sense of humor. This is what happened in its simplest form:

- Some long-winded posts annoyed people, Mods
- You were put in timeout, something not unusual for Oot
- You were asked to post less, and post better
- Instead, you ramped up the posting and argued with all comers

What actions should have been taken?
Tuma is offline  
Old 02-13-2018, 08:04 PM   #27
golfnutt
Foremost ESA Secretary
 
golfnutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,192
Re: Who Mods the Mods?

Morphismus -- Good post. I don't want to **** up another thread here and that was a distraction.

To the point:

1) Who Mods the Mods and is there any type of appeals besides emailing Mat and hoping he agrees?
2) Is abusive language by Mods towards community members permitted, and if so, why?
3) Can avatars be forced on community members?

The Mod I won't name, I actually like. He and I agree on many subjects. He can be rash and make mistakes like I do. He has surrounded himself with sycophantic loons though who have compromised his ability to make rational decisions. Who demand street justice. Mods have a tough job. They actually would be aided by a little oversight though.
golfnutt is offline  
Old 02-13-2018, 08:16 PM   #28
27offsuit
actions have consequences!
 
27offsuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sweet ass inya face
Posts: 28,920
Re: Who Mods the Mods?

golf,

IIRC you also had no avatar for forever and we showed you how to do that as well.
27offsuit is online now  
Old 02-13-2018, 08:52 PM   #29
Mat Sklansky
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: This just seems ridiculous to me
Posts: 9,096
Re: Who Mods the Mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnutt View Post
Morphismus -- Good post. I don't want to **** up another thread here and that was a distraction.

To the point:

1) Who Mods the Mods and is there any type of appeals besides emailing Mat and hoping he agrees?
2) Is abusive language by Mods towards community members permitted, and if so, why?
3) Can avatars be forced on community members?

The Mod I won't name, I actually like. He and I agree on many subjects. He can be rash and make mistakes like I do. He has surrounded himself with sycophantic loons though who have compromised his ability to make rational decisions. Who demand street justice. Mods have a tough job. They actually would be aided by a little oversight though.

posting here for feedback from other users is actually the best way to proceed in many cases like yours.
Mat Sklansky is offline  
Old 02-13-2018, 09:10 PM   #30
All-inMcLovin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
All-inMcLovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FLOP SO HARD POPOVICH WANNA SIGN ME
Posts: 25,098
Who Mods the Mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
Golfnutt, have a sense of humor. This is what happened in its simplest form:

- Some long-winded posts annoyed people, Mods
- You were put in timeout, something not unusual for Oot
- You were asked to post less, and post better
- Instead, you ramped up the posting and argued with all comers

What actions should have been taken?


Excellent post Tuma.

I remember our containment like it was just yesterday. Today I have to say that we are both better posters for it.

Godspeed ESA Kingpin.
All-inMcLovin is offline  
Old 02-13-2018, 09:11 PM   #31
jmakin
 
jmakin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Streaming
Posts: 28,467
Re: Who Mods the Mods?

god you are just awful
jmakin is offline  
Old 02-13-2018, 10:08 PM   #32
rakemeplz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
rakemeplz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: All haters will get grunched
Posts: 11,555
Re: Who Mods the Mods?

Golf's basicly the worst poster in OOT outside of maybe that guy who stole 15 thousand dollars.

Actually, who am I kidding, golf is worse.

Golf, basicly if you're the worse poster in a particular forum, your moderator complaints are less likely to be taking seriously, and you may have less rights in terms of posting in threads and avatar choice than others. Hope this helps.

Good day.
rakemeplz is offline  
Old 02-13-2018, 10:50 PM   #33
Rexx14
Pooh-Bah
 
Rexx14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 5,881
Re: Who Mods the Mods?

You were given countless opportunities to improve as a poster. People gave you very good outlines on how to go about doing this. Unfortunately you think you know better than everyone else and not only ignored good advice but actively increased your poor posting while hurling serval faeces at the OOT minions.

Personally I think the mods were kind in letting you remain in the ESA thread and not exiling you like many posters wanted. You should be displaying gratitude and trying to improve your posting style and then you may be released again. Making this thread seems to point to you not being ready for rehabilitation unfortunately.
Rexx14 is offline  
Old 02-13-2018, 11:09 PM   #34
golfnutt
Foremost ESA Secretary
 
golfnutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,192
Re: Who Mods the Mods?

I was made a far worse poster in containment. Although I did have many more interesting discussions.

I am asking on clarification on abusive language. Even if I am the worst poster, Mods in particular should not debase themselves to that level.

Also about Mods controlling avatars.

Say what you want. 2+2 and particularly OOT benefited. I started the ESA thread when virtually nobody even heard about it three years ago. I predicted exactly what it would become. It is probably the most inflammatory topic today.

You have an inside view, with the good, the bad and the ugly. You have every single paper writing about it.

Gregorio is able to ape me so much that is freaky. A person who was so clueless a couple of years ago that he kept taking about the ADA in the sky. Now he can spot the errors a reporter makes.

Scores of you know what the **** a serval is even because of me.

Just filter out the Tetris God and Pac-Man champ talk. I am contained to the ESA Scam thread anyway.
golfnutt is offline  
Old 02-13-2018, 11:13 PM   #35
ChipWrecked
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ChipWrecked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: It's alive
Posts: 12,976
Re: Who Mods the Mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexx14 View Post
serval faeces
Undertitle
ChipWrecked is offline  
Old 02-13-2018, 11:25 PM   #36
Tom Ames
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Trapped in an alley in Abilene, with all but four shells spent
Posts: 21,386
Re: Who Mods the Mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipWrecked View Post
Undertitle
LOL! POTT!

But please strike the "a" in "faeces" for the sake of the civilized world.

edit: Is there a way to make "servile" work as well? Perhaps "servile serval feces"?
Tom Ames is offline  
Old 02-14-2018, 01:27 AM   #37
Sir Huntington
adept
 
Sir Huntington's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,030
Re: Who Mods the Mods?

I could totally **** on 2+2 for censoring stuff like cuss words and stuff when they are a vice forum that should be 18 and older. At the same time I understand they are a privately owned forum and they want a certain ethic. This is their right as owners.


The only guy I remember being super banny is Killa back in the day in OOT but bans and infractions were temporary usually and 2+2 is pretty forgiving unless you're overly abusive from my own experience and from what I've seen.


All the mods seem like good people including Killa if you don't act out of line. Take it from me my pre hacking account had a lot of infractions and a few temp bans and it was a hacking of 2+2 that killed my account back in the day.
Sir Huntington is online now  
Old 02-14-2018, 01:32 AM   #38
Colin_Piddle
The Colonial
 
Colin_Piddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: AlwaysFolding is my gimmick
Posts: 7,668
Re: Who Mods the Mods?

This thread made me chuckle
Colin_Piddle is offline  
Old 02-14-2018, 03:54 AM   #39
spaceman Bryce
anything you guys want
 
spaceman Bryce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: kansas
Posts: 16,711
Re: Who Mods the Mods?

golfnutt, I'd strongly advise you not to post in OOT anymore. The people there do not care what you do or do not know.
spaceman Bryce is offline  
Old 02-14-2018, 06:36 AM   #40
golfnutt
Foremost ESA Secretary
 
golfnutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,192
Re: Who Mods the Mods?

Because of this thread, there is a Mod who is threatening to close the ESA Scam Thread. His minions will push him and this particular Mod acts as their collective voice.

There is no question that a bunch of posters want to keep it active.

Which brings me to:

Why the **** do people ask for a thread to be closed? Who ****ing cares. Threads will die on their own without a heavy-handed Mod getting involved.

There is a Mod who requested I limit my ESA postings to 1 per day. I said of course, thank you. I think I posted 12 times in the next 30 days. It was sage advice.
golfnutt is offline  
Old 02-14-2018, 06:40 AM   #41
bundy5
Pooh-Bah
 
bundy5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,283
Re: Who Mods the Mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorio View Post
Mike Haven
Moderotor of Moderots
And bobo is the moderator of Mike Haven, correct?
bundy5 is offline  
Old 02-14-2018, 08:00 AM   #42
Morphismus
Gimperator
 
Morphismus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Team Manbag
Posts: 16,618
Re: Who Mods the Mods?

What scam is the European Space Agency running? Is this about Flat earth?
Morphismus is offline  
Old 02-14-2018, 08:36 AM   #43
gregorio
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 32,522
Re: Who Mods the Mods?

Aren't you banned from Politics as a result of your terrible posting there?
gregorio is offline  
Old 02-14-2018, 08:39 AM   #44
Rapini
ragging
 
Rapini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: DC
Posts: 12,452
Re: Who Mods the Mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnutt View Post
I was made a far worse poster in containment.
Good to see you taking personal responsibility.
Rapini is offline  
Old 02-14-2018, 08:49 AM   #45
27offsuit
actions have consequences!
 
27offsuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sweet ass inya face
Posts: 28,920
Re: Who Mods the Mods?

See golf, this is that doing-yourself-no-favors stuff again that you seem to do so well. The fact is you have no intention of trying to improve, which is why I have given up on you like so many others. You've already been given way more leeway than you deserve, but you're still just an unrepentant weenie in the end.

Goodbye golf.
27offsuit is online now  
Old 02-14-2018, 08:51 AM   #46
Gin 'n Tonic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Gin 'n Tonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Reclining my seat
Posts: 6,183
Re: Who Mods the Mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphismus View Post
What scam is the European Space Agency running? Is this about Flat earth?
Believe me, the flat earth debate would be more interesting.
Gin 'n Tonic is offline  
Old 02-14-2018, 10:05 AM   #47
lonely_but_rich
ɔarpal \ʇunnel
 
lonely_but_rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wearing a suit
Posts: 20,929
Re: Who Mods the Mods?

"Debate" lol. Round Earthers are cute.
lonely_but_rich is offline  
Old 02-14-2018, 10:33 AM   #48
jmakin
 
jmakin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Streaming
Posts: 28,467
Re: Who Mods the Mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Huntington View Post
I could totally **** on 2+2 for censoring stuff like cuss words and stuff when they are a vice forum that should be 18 and older. At the same time I understand they are a privately owned forum and they want a certain ethic. This is their right as owners.


The only guy I remember being super banny is Killa back in the day in OOT but bans and infractions were temporary usually and 2+2 is pretty forgiving unless you're overly abusive from my own experience and from what I've seen.


All the mods seem like good people including Killa if you don't act out of line. Take it from me my pre hacking account had a lot of infractions and a few temp bans and it was a hacking of 2+2 that killed my account back in the day.
Erm, the hacking was in like 2013 bro, your reg date is 2009
jmakin is offline  
Old 02-14-2018, 10:48 AM   #49
Didace
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Didace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,720
Re: Who Mods the Mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-inMcLovin View Post
Excellent post Tuma.

I remember our containment like it was just yesterday. Today I have to say that we are both better posters for it.
Half of this is correct.
Didace is offline  
Old 02-14-2018, 03:07 PM   #50
golfnutt
Foremost ESA Secretary
 
golfnutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,192
Re: Who Mods the Mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorio View Post
Aren't you banned from Politics as a result of your terrible posting there?

I offended the regs with my opinion that Mesa police officer should not have even be charged since the 12-0 verdict was a foregone conclusion.

There was a Mod, perhaps in OOT, who went ballistic after I wrote a similar thing and used foul language. He said that the verdict would have been different if the jury had seen the video.

Nope.
golfnutt is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online