Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

About the Forums Here's where you post suggestions about the forums and the software that implements them.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 10:25 AM   #26
killa
huge dick
 
killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 18,990
Re: Sporting Events Mods

If you report a post and nothing is done, you Pm the mod and they don't respond the likely answer is they don't find the post you are talking about that "profane" , how long are we talking did you "wait" between reporting, PMing and making this thread? Mods are volunteers we are not here 24/7 so I hope you gave it all a few days.
killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:26 AM   #27
killa
huge dick
 
killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 18,990
Re: Sporting Events Mods

Where is the profanity ? All I see is a bunch of stars and the basic tone of that post is inline with lots of SE postings...
killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:30 AM   #28
Cwocwoc
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,684
Re: Sporting Events Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa View Post
If you report a post and nothing is done, you Pm the mod and they don't respond the likely answer is they don't find the post you are talking about that "profane" , how long are we talking did you "wait" between reporting, PMing and making this thread? Mods are volunteers we are not here 24/7 so I hope you gave it all a few days.
It was months ago so I've given it months. I just gave up as I didn't want to make an issue out of it and get banned, which seems to happen to posters who complain loudly. The problem with the football thread is the yobbish culture of football fans which is fully displayed in it and too much of which is accepted by the mod imo.
Cwocwoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:32 AM   #29
Cwocwoc
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,684
Re: Sporting Events Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa View Post
Where is the profanity ? All I see is a bunch of stars and the basic tone of that post is inline with lots of SE postings...
That's not the post mate and that one is still abusive.
Cwocwoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:39 AM   #30
killa
huge dick
 
killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 18,990
Re: Sporting Events Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwocwoc View Post
It was months ago so I've given it months. I just gave up as I didn't want to make an issue out of it and get banned, which seems to happen to posters who complain loudly. The problem with the football thread is the yobbish culture of football fans which is fully displayed in it and too much of which is accepted by the mod imo.
I assume by football you mean soccer, aka the EPL thread(s)...

Complaining won't get you banned generally, its the manor that most users do it that gets them banned.

I will assume you tried Clark and tuq? They are both active and responsive generally
killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:43 AM   #31
Dyenimator
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dyenimator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: It's the D.Y.E.
Posts: 23,131
spascwoc
Dyenimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:44 AM   #32
nutshot2
 
nutshot2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 48,746
Re: Sporting Events Mods

hes mad because someone called him a spaz. lol.
nutshot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:48 AM   #33
Cwocwoc
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,684
Re: Sporting Events Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa View Post
I assume by football you mean soccer, aka the EPL thread(s)...

Complaining won't get you banned generally, its the manor that most users do it that gets them banned.

I will assume you tried Clark and tuq? They are both active and responsive generally
I tried Clarknasty but it doesn't matter now as checking back I see the poster has been banned for something else anyway so he won't be repeating it. However I still think the recent post which is derogatory towards both myself and sufferers of cerebral palsy should be removed.
Cwocwoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:48 AM   #34
killa
huge dick
 
killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 18,990
Re: Sporting Events Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutshot2 View Post
hes mad because someone called him a spaz. lol.
really? you aren't serious are you?
killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:48 AM   #35
D.S.
David Sklansky Gimick IMO
 
D.S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,495
Re: Sporting Events Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch-22 View Post
For context, Cwocwoc is universally understood to be either a deliberate troll, or crazy as a coconut.

When I see his posts I am immediately reminded of this:



Sethypooh is about the most even-handed mod I have seen on 2p2. Don't know anything about the other one(s).
You reported this post as 'personally offensive' as well.

Seems a jump. He says you're a troll or not all there. This seems perfectly reasonable. Unless you just dont like the Avalanches, but that supports the 'crazy as a coconut' part of his argument

You are the single worst poster who posts in any of the soccer threads (which I read, even though I rarely post) that isn't a 17 post new account and you post incredibly dumb things on a regular basis. You have managed to unite the followers of all the different teams into a shared dislike of you and your posts.

So, using the powers of logic and deductive reasoning much like Hitch-22 in the above post, pretty much every single other poster who posts in these threads has either decided you're a moron or you're just a troll. This should immediately give you cause to think "wow, my posting must be ****ing terrible, I should post less and post better". It hasn't though, so I've spelt it out for you right there.

You are the KevMode of 2+2 Soccer threads, sorry.

Also from your notes many other people in other forums think you're either a horrible troll or just very very dumb as well. So, at the risk of stating the obvious, in order to avoid being thought of as either a moronic troll or just incredibly dumb, stop being a horrible troll or incredibly dumb.
D.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:50 AM   #36
killa
huge dick
 
killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 18,990
Re: Sporting Events Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwocwoc View Post
I tried Clarknasty but it doesn't matter now as checking back I see the poster has been banned for something else anyway so he won't be repeating it. However I still think the recent post which is derogatory towards both myself and sufferers of cerebral palsy should be removed.
killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:53 AM   #37
gambit8888
Lack'n in some direction
 
gambit8888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: livin' life full throttle
Posts: 45,158
Re: Sporting Events Mods

I think D.S. just insulted KevMode
gambit8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:59 AM   #38
Hitch-22
adept
 
Hitch-22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 969
Re: Sporting Events Mods

Hitch-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:09 AM   #39
SGT RJ
Twitching
 
SGT RJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: @oldladygamer444
Posts: 49,114
Re: Sporting Events Mods

Given that I get called AIDS in there all the time, I'm not sure why they'd delete or care about another user getting called a spaz.

Especially if said user actually is a spaz.

In other words, it seems like the insult given was completely within the acceptable culture of that forum. So you have two choices, OP.

1) Ignore it, either by actually ignoring it or leaving that forum.
2) Stop being a spaz.

My instincts tell me you are going to go with option three, which is to continue being a spaz and complaining when others insult you. Have fun with that.

Edit: Final note - when you make a post report, it's pretty much a guarantee that one of the mods of that forum looked at the post report. If nothing happened, it doesn't mean they ignored the post report. It means they determined that the post wasn't a violation of the forum rules, and ergo no action was needed.

Just because you disagree doesn't mean your post report was ignored.
SGT RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:14 AM   #40
Cwocwoc
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,684
Re: Sporting Events Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT RJ View Post
Given that I get called AIDS in there all the time, I'm not sure why they'd delete or care about another user getting called a spaz.

Especially if said user actually is a spaz.

In other words, it seems like the insult given was completely within the acceptable culture of that forum. So you have two choices, OP.

1) Ignore it, either by actually ignoring it or leaving that forum.
2) Stop being a spaz.

My instincts tell me you are going to go with option three, which is to continue being a spaz and complaining when others insult you. Have fun with that.

We obviously have different standards in the UK. We find poking fun at the disabled in a derogatory way tasteless and offensive. Irrespective of this name calling is puerile and should be discouraged by the mods. This is not a school playground.
Cwocwoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:21 AM   #41
killa
huge dick
 
killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 18,990
Re: Sporting Events Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwocwoc View Post
We obviously have different standards in the UK. We find poking fun at the disabled in a derogatory way tasteless and offensive. Irrespective of this name calling is puerile and should be discouraged by the mods. This is not a school playground.
What if they called you a fairy? Ass bandit? How about a ****ing nit wit? would that be better?

As far as your standards, those are your standards, there are plenty of the euro trash/UK posters are here that use terms like that. you just are personally insulted and trying to play a culture card, its the weakest sauce ever.
killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:29 AM   #42
nutshot2
 
nutshot2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 48,746
Re: Sporting Events Mods

Ass bandit, I like that one.

Killa, stop being puerile, though.
nutshot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:31 AM   #43
killa
huge dick
 
killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 18,990
Re: Sporting Events Mods

sod off
killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:53 AM   #44
SGT RJ
Twitching
 
SGT RJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: @oldladygamer444
Posts: 49,114
Re: Sporting Events Mods

I don't think in American culture that spaz really makes anyone think of someone with a legitimate medical condition. It's not like CP is called "spaz disease" or something like that, so I think there's a difference between using a generic term like spaz and calling someone something like "downie".

In any event, the larger context is that such insults are fine within the context of the SE culture. Complaining about it isn't going to do you any good. So you can either adapt or stop posting in there.
SGT RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:57 AM   #45
Cwocwoc
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,684
Re: Sporting Events Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa View Post
What if they called you a fairy? Ass bandit? How about a ****ing nit wit? would that be better?

As far as your standards, those are your standards, there are plenty of the euro trash/UK posters are here that use terms like that. you just are personally insulted and trying to play a culture card, its the weakest sauce ever.

I can add homophobic now. There should be some minimum standard slightly above getting personally abusive, racist, homophobic, deregatory towards the disabled etc etc otherwise why bother having mods ? I tell you what is weak. Your argument that the forum "culture" is yobbish, abusive, homophobic and nasty so like it or lump it.
Cwocwoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:00 PM   #46
caseycjc
banned
 
caseycjc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Staking on HSC
Posts: 4,728
Re: Sporting Events Mods

He's not really complaining about using the word "spaz" is he? I must be missing something.
caseycjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:03 PM   #47
Cwocwoc
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,684
Re: Sporting Events Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT RJ View Post
I don't think in American culture that spaz really makes anyone think of someone with a legitimate medical condition. It's not like CP is called "spaz disease"

They changed the name precisely because it began to be used as a term of abuse. We used to have a Spastic Society before that. Here you are mate.

The current understanding of the word is well-illustrated by a BBC survey in 2003, which found that "spastic" was the second most offensive term in the UK relating to disability (****** was deemed most offensive). In 2007, Lynne Murphy, a linguist at the University of Sussex, described the term as being "one of the most taboo insults to a British ear"

[wiki]
Cwocwoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:13 PM   #48
SGT RJ
Twitching
 
SGT RJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: @oldladygamer444
Posts: 49,114
Re: Sporting Events Mods

I guess you missed the part about where I said "American culture".

And you're still missing the larger picture. Shocking.

SGT RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:18 PM   #49
killa
huge dick
 
killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 18,990
Re: Sporting Events Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwocwoc View Post
I can add homophobic now. There should be some minimum standard slightly above getting personally abusive, racist, homophobic, deregatory towards the disabled etc etc otherwise why bother having mods ? I tell you what is weak. Your argument that the forum "culture" is yobbish, abusive, homophobic and nasty so like it or lump it.
What I am saying is do you report every time everyone makes these comments to another ? No it seems because they are directed at YOU , you took offense and now make the argument that they "shouldn't be allowed".

The SE forums aren't for the thin skinned, the "yobbish" behavior particular in the EPL thread is someone tolerated because of the nature of the sport as well as its posters who like it.

The honest answer here is if you don't enjoy the tone of that thread or that forum you may want to find a different place to talk about soccer.

In other words stop being a spackhead and move on
killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:20 PM   #50
Cwocwoc
banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,684
Re: Sporting Events Mods

SGT RJ

"In any event, the larger context is that such insults are fine within the context of the SE culture. Complaining about it isn't going to do you any good. So you can either adapt or stop posting in there."

I don't see "American" anywhere there. This still stands

I tell you what is weak. Your argument that the forum "culture" is yobbish, abusive, homophobic and nasty so like it or lump it.


As regards the "s" word you should be cognisant of the fact that many of the forum members are not American and they will find this sort of language very offensive.
Cwocwoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive