Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Gary Johnson removal? Gary Johnson removal?
View Poll Results: Does Gary Johnson tilt you?
YES
141 63.23%
NO, I DONATE/SUPPORT HIS CAUSE
82 36.77%

06-07-2012 , 08:03 AM
If you won't vote for your preferred candidate based on him not having a chance then you shouldn't be voting at all....your one vote is not likely to make any difference anyway so saving it for the two parties on some weird belief that it is more important that way is incorrect.
Gary Johnson removal? Quote
06-07-2012 , 08:21 AM
If only we had a forum for discussions like this...
Gary Johnson removal? Quote
06-07-2012 , 08:35 AM
That forum is not appealing to me.
Gary Johnson removal? Quote
06-07-2012 , 12:41 PM
Perot had 19%. No momentum.

Abolish the electoral college and/or have a primary and runoff. That's the best way, I feel, to encourage moving away from our current corrupt system.

But those who can enact that change are part of the broken system, so it doesn't matter. They like it how it is, because it gives them all the power.

Remember the Cola Wars?
Gary Johnson removal? Quote
06-07-2012 , 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroBob
That forum is not appealing to me.
it's not any better when it's in this one
Gary Johnson removal? Quote
06-07-2012 , 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroBob
If you won't vote for your preferred candidate based on him not having a chance then you shouldn't be voting at all....your one vote is not likely to make any difference anyway so saving it for the two parties on some weird belief that it is more important that way is incorrect.
I don't agree. Your vote does make a difference it is one vote on either side that can win.

If you vote on a side that will not win that is just wasting a vote. Your vote will never get anyone any closer to winning that way.

What if you don't like any of the candidates? Should you then vote for your favorite neighbor?
Gary Johnson removal? Quote
06-07-2012 , 03:45 PM
There aren't two sides. That's why votes don't matter. The ruling party will win national elections. That's all there is to it.

Sometimes they have blue flags, sometimes red. But it's all the same, once you zoom out past the minute surface details.
Gary Johnson removal? Quote
06-07-2012 , 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorio
it's not any better when it's in this one
This.
Gary Johnson removal? Quote
06-07-2012 , 07:03 PM
I would say 2p2's energies would have been better spent backing guys like Richard Morgan for Congress, who actually would have won the general election had they won the primary.
Gary Johnson removal? Quote
06-08-2012 , 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraleyight
I don't agree. Your vote does make a difference it is one vote on either side that can win.

If I'm in a state where it is already very well known which candidate will easily win then I do not think it is reasonable to refer to it as "either candidate can win." No, they can't. Only one can win and everybody already knows that.

If I like none of the candidates then I likely vote for nobody. Obviously I don't vote for a neighbor...unless I somehow happen to have a neighbor who I feel is super qualified.
Gary Johnson removal? Quote
06-08-2012 , 05:52 AM
Since you guys are still politarding, I'll join in for a minute.

I have to say the electoral college system is ridiculous, especially with "all or nothing" states. It's created a system where only a handful of states matter for the Presidential race. Not that this is anything most people don't already know; just felt like sharing my opinion.
Gary Johnson removal? Quote
06-08-2012 , 06:42 AM
Lots of other things in American politics are ridiculous too, good sir.


Gary Johnson removal? Quote
06-08-2012 , 06:43 AM
And your government was ridiculous for complying with the DEA and extraditing Marc Emery
Gary Johnson removal? Quote
06-08-2012 , 07:32 AM
Agree that lots of other things are ridiculous in both US & Canadian politics. I actually think if you took the best of both systems and did some tweaking, you might end up with something pretty good.
Gary Johnson removal? Quote
06-08-2012 , 09:12 AM
Bobo, are you suggesting sexual intercourse between the United States and Canada?


O.o
Gary Johnson removal? Quote
06-08-2012 , 09:21 AM
Erm...

No.

Perhaps Mexico would be interested in your proposition.
Gary Johnson removal? Quote
06-08-2012 , 09:34 AM
pretty sure the US has already ****ed Mexico
Gary Johnson removal? Quote
06-08-2012 , 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett
If only we had a forum for discussions like this...
These became ATF discussions the moment 2p2 decided to campaign for Gary Johnson and paste his ads in everyone's face. I'm not sure what else you expected when the site turned into a fundraising vehicle for a fringe candidate (while charity fundraisers aren't permitted).

It's not like people ITT making a couple comments brought politics to ATF out of nowhere, you guys did that yourself.
Gary Johnson removal? Quote
06-08-2012 , 11:42 AM
I wasn't being terribly serious, but it was getting a little more politardy than usual.
Gary Johnson removal? Quote
06-08-2012 , 12:12 PM
Where's Stu?
Gary Johnson removal? Quote
06-08-2012 , 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfapfap
There aren't two sides. That's why votes don't matter. The ruling party will win national elections. That's all there is to it.

Sometimes they have blue flags, sometimes red. But it's all the same, once you zoom out past the minute surface details.
zomg somebody else "gets it"
Gary Johnson removal? Quote
06-08-2012 , 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraleyight
I don't agree. Your vote does make a difference it is one vote on either side that can win.
Your vote only counts if it will break a tie.

Quote:

What if you don't like any of the candidates? Should you then vote for your favorite neighbor?
No, in that case not voting is the correct choice.
Gary Johnson removal? Quote
06-08-2012 , 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonso
These became ATF discussions the moment 2p2 decided to campaign for Gary Johnson and paste his ads in everyone's face. I'm not sure what else you expected when the site turned into a fundraising vehicle for a fringe candidate (while charity fundraisers aren't permitted).

It's not like people ITT making a couple comments brought politics to ATF out of nowhere, you guys did that yourself.
this is no longer a discussion about 2p2 endorsing GJ and plastering his ads and threads all over the place. it is just a run-of-the-mill politard thread now that doesn't belong here.
Gary Johnson removal? Quote
06-08-2012 , 01:44 PM
Since when is ATF a place to talk about the forums? New policy?
Gary Johnson removal? Quote
06-08-2012 , 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Fett
Since you guys are still politarding, I'll join in for a minute.

I have to say the electoral college system is ridiculous, especially with "all or nothing" states. It's created a system where only a handful of states matter for the Presidential race. Not that this is anything most people don't already know; just felt like sharing my opinion.
Well, in a popular vote contest, only CA, TX, NY, FL, IL, PA, OH, MI, GA, and NC really matter.
Gary Johnson removal? Quote

      
m