Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

About the Forums Here's where you post suggestions about the forums and the software that implements them.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2020, 02:44 PM   #1
jbouton
journeyman
 
jbouton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 349
BFI moderation problem

There is a really (otherwise) interesting and important thread in BFI about bitcoin. But there is a problem because Toothsayer is using it for his own personal attacking grounds trying to stir up conflict with any poster that doesn't understand what he is doing.

He doesn't have even a basic understanding of what bitcoin is an how it works. This is easy to demonstrate to anyone who themselves DOES have a basic understanding of the technology (but not so easy to those that are new to bitcoin).

So no decent discussion can occur because its modless. And I know this has been brought up before but it can't be solved unless a mod is chosen that has a proper understanding of bitcoin.

Toothsayer has a clear style of:

1) making assertions constantly and repeatedly
2) making long winded posts and excessive posts that bury proper counter arguements
3) Ignoring reputable posts and counter arguements and taking on battles with posters that don't understand what he is doing.
4) Inserting constant character attacks through his assertions.
5) His posts have zero integrity (ie "I know you are but what am I")

We can find countless examples of this disruptive behavior:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothsayer
Originally Posted by Toothsayer
Your entire schtick here the last 10 posts has been pure ad hominem attack. It's all you have at this point.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ToothSayer View Post
I was bored of/mentally superior to Krishnamurti by 13, he's your avatar, enough said

Originally Posted by ToothSayer View Post
That statement isn't racist in any way, you deranged nutter. Like I said, you're really not well in the head.

...

Now STFU and let the adults talk, you're embarrassing yourself and the human race with your nutty RACISM bullshit. You're such an idiot.

Originally Posted by ToothSayer View Post
What the hell is wrong with you? Anyone who's not a clown gets their facts straight before calling someone out as aggressively as you are.
And by the way, calling someone a racist is a huge personal attack. You're the scum that aggressively started all this. Now you're complaining about personal attacks (and correct ones) you're getting back. Have some self awareness, Jesus. But I guess if you weren't an idiot you wouldn't have started this stupid derail in the first place.

Originally Posted by ToothSayer View Post
Good God. Again, you're a total ignoramus (most people who hair-trigger yell RACIST as you do are redneck-level losers).

How much a racist, ignorant piece of trash do you have to be to know so little about other cultures that you have it 180 degrees wrong even after someone tells you how it is? Just amazing stuff. Maybe instead of yelling "RACISM" on the internet like some deranged loser, be less of a racist shut-in yourself and go out and meet and make friends with some Indian people so you at least wtf you're talking about next time. Like I have and do. You've demonstrated from your posting you know next to nothing about other cultures.

Originally Posted by ToothSayer View Post
lol @ taking so long to get back after you got completely owned. Pathetic attempt to dodge.

They're not vague assertions, they're observations based on basic facts about bitcoin, you fool, and I elaborated on them in a previous recent post which you ignored because you got owned so hard. Your inability to say what is wrong with the quoted is either because you can't (and you can't; they're both factual) or because you're just trying to dodge.

you really need to move on from Krishnamurti, he's not sophisticated enough for people who are no longer young teen boys

Originally Posted by ToothSayer View Post
You and jbouton are thinking at the tard/person-who-can't-think-for-himself level ("subjective vs objective") and I'm thinking at the level of first principles (what matters and why and how it relates to the questions at hand)

I'm able to do all of those things and have amply demonstrated the same. jbouton is a guy who takes Krishnamurti seriously as an adult. I grew out of him at 13 after reading most of his books.


I don't "want" to do anything. You're so stupid you're confusing "wanting", "needing" and "describing".

Seems a bit sick in the head bro

Originally Posted by ToothSayer View Post
No. You're trying to apply abstract ideas to a concrete subject in a way that's not meaningful. Your argument is this stupid:

You're still stuck in the semantic fog that cuck philosophers like Krishnamurti reach their ceiling in. There's a reason that, after a being a fan of him and reading most of his works at 13, I quickly grew out of him and saw his flaws as my brain matured. That you still venerate him as an adult is embarrassing for you.


When did you stop beating your wife? I never claimed bitcoin was a hackable software. You are so incredibly stupid you can't even follow what I'm saying. As for your questions, lol? This isn't a pop quiz with you as the judge, grandpa. The arrogance.

Originally Posted by ToothSayer View Post
Not at all. I rejected your questions as a valid test of my knowledge of bitcoin, and I rejected you as being intelligent or impartial enough to be a judge of same.

The arrogance you display here is incredible. You're having a little jerk off session in the corner where you think I don't know anything about bitcoin because I'm completely destroying all your dumb arguments. It's so insecure.

Originally Posted by ToothSayer View Post
Getting thirteen year old boy philosophy from a guy who worships a philosopher (Krishnamurti) that no one over thirteen takes seriously. Big surprise there.

Originally Posted by ToothSayer View Post
I would expect a guy who reveres Krishnamurti (a philosopher that anyone intelligent grows out of at 13) to start getting salty when he gets owned.
These are just from the last few pages and basically the majority of posts in the thread are him doing this. He has no intention of discussing bitcoin and only intention on finding conflict. And to be clear not all of these quotes are directed at me.
jbouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 02:46 PM   #2
jbouton
journeyman
 
jbouton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 349
Re: BFI moderation problem

His response displays what I'm pointing at in my points:

Quote:
You're literally doing what you're accusing me of the last 10 posts. I could quote your posts but I have more respect for the thread than that; people can simply scroll up. I try to talk facts and evidence and logic; when you inevitably lose horribly in that discussion, you go on pure attacks.

Your entire schtick since you got owned on this discussion has been to attack me. Once again you continue with ad hominems. What you quote is just me throwing your own attacks back at you.

...
Did I quote him just throwing my own attacks back at him? Does anyone here believe that hes to sincere enough to quote my ad hominems?

This has already been discussed an there has been no reasonable active moderation to stop this disruptive behavior. Can there be appointed a mod that has even a basic level understanding of bitcoin on a technical level?
jbouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 07:09 PM   #3
plaaynde
Poker Historian
 
plaaynde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rebel of Eden
Posts: 19,000
Re: BFI moderation problem

So here is where Tooth is nowadays?
plaaynde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:24 PM   #4
RoundGuy
temp-banned
 
RoundGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Banned daily at 8 pm
Posts: 9,181
Re: BFI moderation problem

Hello newb.

Green's aren't gods -- most of them don't even have a degree in rocket science (weird, right?).

But you'd be best advised not to fcuk with them.
RoundGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:58 PM   #5
27offsuit
actions have consequences!
 
27offsuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sweet ass inya face
Posts: 33,731
Re: BFI moderation problem

People **** with me all the time.
27offsuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 11:12 PM   #6
RoundGuy
temp-banned
 
RoundGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Banned daily at 8 pm
Posts: 9,181
Re: BFI moderation problem

Yeah, but that's because you're fun to play with.
RoundGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:24 AM   #7
Trolly McTrollson
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Trolly McTrollson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winesburg, Ohio
Posts: 30,134
Re: BFI moderation problem

Of all the dumb, bannable **** TS posts, *this* is what you found upsetting?
Trolly McTrollson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:01 PM   #8
U shove i call
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,590
Re: BFI moderation problem

Best thing to do with toothsayer is ignore him even though i am guilty of engaging him on occasion. He seems like a sad individual who lives in his moms basement with some grand illusion of being a successful equities trader.

That said BFI could do with a more active mod if this thread can be left up for 48 hours.

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/3...iekol-1777858/

Yes i have just reported it.
U shove i call is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:07 PM   #9
Lattimer
I is smart
 
Lattimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 15,121
Re: BFI moderation problem

The earliest post report for that thread was 1.5 hours ago. I don't know how it works in that forum, but in many forums here the mods only react to post reports and let their posters kind of self-police the forum. One could blame the mods for not removing it sooner. One could also blame the posters for not reporting it sooner. We're all in it together.
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:34 PM   #10
U shove i call
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,590
Re: BFI moderation problem

Ye i don't blame the mods at all its a thankless and unpaid task. The higher volume sub forums don't seem to require post reports as mods are active and nip things in the bud very quickly. BFI is on the opposite end of the spectrum where more or less anything goes and toxic, bad faith posters are allowed to dominate threads and suck all the life out of them.
U shove i call is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 02:07 PM   #11
madlex
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,109
Re: BFI moderation problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by U shove i call View Post
The higher volume sub forums don't seem to require post reports as mods are active and nip things in the bud very quickly.
That's definitely true for spam threads, because every mod can delete them if they see one. And it's probably more likely that a mod of a low volume sub forum shows up in NVG than vice versa.

For everything that happens within legit threads, mods of high volume sub forums very much rely on post reports, too. If you see a post that's in violation of forum rules, please report it.
madlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 04:39 PM   #12
R*R
e.e.
 
R*R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Caesar blade
Posts: 12,041
Re: BFI moderation problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundGuy View Post

Green's aren't gods -- most of them don't even have a degree in rocket science.
I call bullshit.
R*R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 04:40 PM   #13
R*R
e.e.
 
R*R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Caesar blade
Posts: 12,041
Re: BFI moderation problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundGuy View Post

Green's aren't gods
I call bullshit.
R*R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:46 PM   #14
plaaynde
Poker Historian
 
plaaynde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rebel of Eden
Posts: 19,000
Re: BFI moderation problem

But reds are.
plaaynde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:54 PM   #15
CBorders
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Silly con valley
Posts: 16,433
Re: BFI moderation problem

I thought worshipping at the altar of disruption was a major tenet in the blonkchain religion?

If you had a modicum of sense you wouldn't respond to TS. He didn't stop when his other accounts were banned and he isn't going to stop now. That you keep engaging with someone whom you believe is clueless and antagonistic suggests there might be some truth to the things he's saying about you.
CBorders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:14 PM   #16
Sammy2bullets
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Sammy2bullets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Kepler 452B
Posts: 10,341
Re: BFI moderation problem

I never had sex with 27offsuit
Sammy2bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM   #17
Morphismus
Resurrected & Approved
 
Morphismus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: noiɈɒɔo⅃
Posts: 20,879
Re: BFI moderation problem

calm down
Morphismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:01 PM   #18
Sammy2bullets
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Sammy2bullets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Kepler 452B
Posts: 10,341
Re: BFI moderation problem

Punk
Sammy2bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:49 AM   #19
RoundGuy
temp-banned
 
RoundGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Banned daily at 8 pm
Posts: 9,181
Re: BFI moderation problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by R*R View Post
I call bullshit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R*R View Post
I call bullshit.
We heard you the first time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2bullets View Post
I never had sex with 27offsuit
Sucks to be you.
RoundGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online