Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance Here's where you put your whines and wins.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2008, 09:24 AM   #101
SmokeyJ
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SmokeyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Excessively derisive
Posts: 6,583
Re: TAG's Can Run Good Too! Nearly $100k in June at 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherass View Post
I can confidently say that at 6max 10/20 FTP I have run very poorly over this sample size of 80kish hands. And if you think some styles work better for different games then how do you explain my WR for 25/50 6 max? Here is my Stars 10/20 for this year:

[IMG][/IMG]

In my opinion you have one set way that YOU think makes a player good. Your idea of good is that he is "tough to play against." And by "tough to play against" you mean that he bets and raises and puts you in difficult spots all of the time. Or simply put, the player is annoying to you. But in poker the money comes from getting your opponents to misjudge your range. So although some may play a tigher preflop style than others, that doesn't mean that people are judging their ranges correctly and that is where the money ultimately comes from. Believe me there are big winning LAG's out there that I love to play pots with because they play me so poorly it is almost laughable. And of course there are some, like CTS, who I just want no part of.

Bottom line is that there are like 1000 factors that go into being a great player. Youy took one factor (preflop strategy) that you think I am weak in and therefore give me little respect because of it. I have heard a million different criticisms of my play from a million different regulars that I play against. The range of reasons people give to try and discount my success has had me LOLing throughout my career. Like your latest one that I "play the fish as well as anyone"...lol. How hard is it to bust a fish? You having trouble with that? Funny stuff. But throughout all of the criticisms, I keep winning as big or bigger than anyone in my games. Truth be told, most of these regs that are criticizing me just aren't good enough to realize why I am winning so much.
sir, you seriously are my hero
SmokeyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:52 AM   #102
DMoogle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DMoogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern VA, USA
Posts: 7,066
Re: TAG's Can Run Good Too! Nearly $100k in June at 5/10

In the very limited amount of time I played with you, I thought you were one of the toughest at 5/10 (don't think I ever played you at 10/20).
DMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:53 AM   #103
Toni Cogin
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 516
Re: TAG's Can Run Good Too! Nearly $100k in June at 5/10

my god ace, you are such a douchebag
Toni Cogin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:54 AM   #104
klb.
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 448
Re: TAG's Can Run Good Too! Nearly $100k in June at 5/10

Much respect to letherass!
klb. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:10 AM   #105
clarkatroid
veteran
 
clarkatroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: blackpool donkey
Posts: 2,127
Re: TAG's Can Run Good Too! Nearly $100k in June at 5/10

congrats sir, and well deserved imo
clarkatroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:40 AM   #106
hobiejuan1
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 141
Re: TAG's Can Run Good Too! Nearly $100k in June at 5/10

Well done Leatherass. Your videos are great and you seem like a genuinely nice guy except for the Obama nuthugging. Ace you seem like a douche
hobiejuan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:56 AM   #107
Nielsio
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 23,400
Re: TAG's Can Run Good Too! Nearly $100k in June at 5/10

WAKE UP CTS
Nielsio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:06 PM   #108
Panthro
Pooh-Bah
 
Panthro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: waffle nation
Posts: 3,965
Re: TAG's Can Run Good Too! Nearly $100k in June at 5/10

nh Dusty. You're a sik sik man.

Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:12 PM   #109
angryc0w
newbie
 
angryc0w's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: south carolina
Posts: 15
Re: TAG's Can Run Good Too! Nearly $100k in June at 5/10

very impressive imo
angryc0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:25 PM   #110
Oki-Oki
veteran
 
Oki-Oki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,262
Re: TAG's Can Run Good Too! Nearly $100k in June at 5/10

LA brag posts never disappoint

nh
Oki-Oki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:42 PM   #111
f3nix35
veteran
 
f3nix35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: England
Posts: 3,103
Re: TAG's Can Run Good Too! Nearly $100k in June at 5/10

WP LA. Good luck in the prop if it anyone accepts
f3nix35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:46 PM   #112
leatherass
account banned by request
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,106
Re: TAG's Can Run Good Too! Nearly $100k in June at 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkMan View Post
Great job LA. Just out of interest, what exactly does "relatively poor months in April and May" actually mean in your world? 30-40k? :-)
I think April was like $80kish and May was around $45k
leatherass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:58 PM   #113
igetbadbeat
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,964
Re: TAG's Can Run Good Too! Nearly $100k in June at 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherass View Post
I can confidently say that at 6max 10/20 FTP I have run very poorly over this sample size of 80kish hands. And if you think some styles work better for different games then how do you explain my WR for 25/50 6 max? Here is my Stars 10/20 for this year:

[IMG][/IMG]

In my opinion you have one set way that YOU think makes a player good. Your idea of good is that he is "tough to play against." And by "tough to play against" you mean that he bets and raises and puts you in difficult spots all of the time. Or simply put, the player is annoying to you. But in poker the money comes from getting your opponents to misjudge your range. So although some may play a tigher preflop style than others, that doesn't mean that people are judging their ranges correctly and that is where the money ultimately comes from. Believe me there are big winning LAG's out there that I love to play pots with because they play me so poorly it is almost laughable. And of course there are some, like CTS, who I just want no part of.

Bottom line is that there are like 1000 factors that go into being a great player. Youy took one factor (preflop strategy) that you think I am weak in and therefore give me little respect because of it. I have heard a million different criticisms of my play from a million different regulars that I play against. The range of reasons people give to try and discount my success has had me LOLing throughout my career. Like your latest one that I "play the fish as well as anyone"...lol. How hard is it to bust a fish? You having trouble with that? Funny stuff. But throughout all of the criticisms, I keep winning as big or bigger than anyone in my games. Truth be told, most of these regs that are criticizing me just aren't good enough to realize why I am winning so much.
This thread is a joke. Just look @ leather ass's sample size and his winnings. Anyone criticizing him is INSANE unless they win at an ALARMINGLY higher rate.
igetbadbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:01 PM   #114
igetbadbeat
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,964
Re: TAG's Can Run Good Too! Nearly $100k in June at 5/10

oh yea, do you do coaching?
igetbadbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:03 PM   #115
strongguy
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 500
Re: TAG's Can Run Good Too! Nearly $100k in June at 5/10

LA, please post a hand where you soulcrush the guy that tries to critisize you.
strongguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:13 PM   #116
leatherass
account banned by request
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,106
Re: TAG's Can Run Good Too! Nearly $100k in June at 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongguy View Post
LA, please post a hand where you soulcrush the guy that tries to critisize you.
Really no need to dig up a hand where I soulcrush him. He seems to soulcrush himself every time he posts in this thread. I think I'll just let him do the work for me
leatherass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:20 PM   #117
patgerrity
grinder
 
patgerrity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 543
Re: TAG's Can Run Good Too! Nearly $100k in June at 5/10

im beating 25nl!!!!! ...... fk my life. Great thread and inspiring graph LA, very nice.
patgerrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:21 PM   #118
orlov
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
orlov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Selling guns and spewing chips yo
Posts: 7,176
Re: TAG's Can Run Good Too! Nearly $100k in June at 5/10

very nice month LA

and wow ace your such a douche bag
orlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:21 PM   #119
patgerrity
grinder
 
patgerrity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 543
Re: TAG's Can Run Good Too! Nearly $100k in June at 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by igetbadbeat View Post
This thread is a joke. Just look @ leather ass's sample size and his winnings. Anyone criticizing him is INSANE unless they win at an ALARMINGLY higher rate.
I dont think and player who was wining at an alarmingly higher rate than this is insecure enough that they have to criticize LA imo
patgerrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:25 PM   #120
MilkMan
veteran
 
MilkMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the move
Posts: 2,144
Re: TAG's Can Run Good Too! Nearly $100k in June at 5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherass View Post
I think April was like $80kish and May was around $45k
i feared as much :-( lol
MilkMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:31 PM   #121
xd40
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: moving up
Posts: 167
Re: TAG's Can Run Good Too! Nearly $100k in June at 5/10

u should analyse whats the % increase in signups/renews after each brag thread
xd40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:41 PM   #122
Joostul
centurion
 
Joostul's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 138
Re: TAG's Can Run Good Too! Nearly $100k in June at 5/10

Sicko stats BIG restecpa!
Joostul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:41 PM   #123
Halsu
journeyman
 
Halsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 371
Re: TAG's Can Run Good Too! Nearly $100k in June at 5/10

We demand EV graphs imo.
Halsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:51 PM   #124
MauMau
old hand
 
MauMau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Franconia in Germany
Posts: 1,711
Re: TAG's Can Run Good Too! Nearly $100k in June at 5/10

vnh gratz
MauMau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 02:11 PM   #125
EN09
Pooh-Bah
 
EN09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Buncha savages in this town.
Posts: 4,271
Thumbs up Re: TAG's Can Run Good Too! Nearly $100k in June at 5/10

nice... nice... nice... and he's willing to share his strategies/lines/thoughts on the game too...

i wanna post a 25NL graph, but i'm skeered of Acer...
EN09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive