Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k.

07-03-2009 , 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2005
i hope you get your money back the guy is obv a scum bag but involving his parents in this is pathetic
this.. while being scammed sucks and he deserves public outing, doing anything that will harm any one of his parents' reputations or financial status will just result in a defamation of character lawsuit and you'll be out more than 3k
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 04:45 AM
Quote:
Do you really think a 2+2 reputation is worth 3k?
How about Google reputation, funny? Do you think OP is only person in his state who has heard of internet? Do you think he is a rock, an island, and only needs poker and no human contact to survive? Would you not pay 3k to avoid people searching your name in Google getting you being a scammer as the first result?

Quote:
doing anything that will harm any one of his parents' reputations or financial status will just result in a defamation of character lawsuit and you'll be out more than 3k
Since when is speaking the truth a punishable offense?
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 05:01 AM
Kinda sad to see speedlimits end up doing this kind of thing. I remember when the guy was grinding AP micro stakes like crazy then started crushing 1/2 NL while I kept playing micro stakes. Didn't ever talk to him much besides random needling... he did strike me as a bit of a spazz, but a good player regardless.

Poker_bot has done at least a couple decent size transfers with me and was obviously not out to screw anyone. I sent first every time. Taking advantage of somebody like him is disgusting, and I really hope that speedlimits will man up and send him his money.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stackajawea
this.. while being scammed sucks and he deserves public outing, doing anything that will harm any one of his parents' reputations or financial status will just result in a defamation of character lawsuit and you'll be out more than 3k
it all depends on how he says it
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 05:03 AM
I think Speedlimits looks guilty here. This is really sad, and why I always trade in incremants unless its someone i know and trust in rl.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 05:09 AM
speedlimits is guilty obv. goodbye 3k
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 05:53 AM
OP has EVERY RIGHT to try and get his money back like this.

he is fully in his right to bring this up to his parents.

he has every right to make a website if it comes to that point.

if you were just robbed for 3k you would do everything you can.

obviously the website should only go up after:
1) the scammer proves he will still not pay, even though you tell his parents
2) you tell his parents, and he still does not pay and they do not pay

if they find out and he still does not pay up there is absolutely nothing wrong with making this website.

the majority of people on 2+2 and play online seriously are nerds with no spine who are socially awkward and can't handle confrontation. ignore these people OP and do what is right. there is nothing pathetic at all about threatening these things as long as you only do them when hes proven he wont pay.

good luck and get your money back. in fact, even if he does pay you the 3k back tomorrow i would consider calling his parents regardless. some people need their asses kicked before they make bigger mistakes later in life.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fracchiolla
As much as I think the guys a piece of **** for not paying up I do think you are going way over the top. A debt is a personal matter that should be worked out between you and him and not his parents and half the poker community.
Making up websites and sending a letter to his family is just a ****ty way of dealing with this problem. Sort the problem out like a man and I dont mean beating him up because that wont solve anything.
Try getting a hold of him on the phone or meet him face to face. He's made a mistake and is probably broke and like the old saying goes " you aint getting blood from a stone"

Just for a second think about what may happen. He's broke depressed and probably trying to scrape up 3k. You spreading this all over the net with the threat to do more damage might send the guy over the edge. The net is a strange place and would you really want that on your head for a measly 3k.
On the other hand he may go the other way and try and track you down. Just consider all these things before you do something rash.
meeh this sounds like he is the victim. he probably made more than 6figures playing online poker. and this is not 1 big tourney cash - he is a longtime cash game winning player and can easily make that 3k in some weeks playing poker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2005
i hope you get your money back the guy is obv a scum bag but involving his parents in this is pathetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stackajawea
this.. while being scammed sucks and he deserves public outing, doing anything that will harm any one of his parents' reputations or financial status will just result in a defamation of character lawsuit and you'll be out more than 3k
it is not my goal to harm his parents in any way. in fact, i'd feel sorry for them to get involved. but since he doesn't care about his reputation i don't see any other way to put more pressure on him.

anyways, the homepage is not yet released and i'll think about it in the next days.

any input is appreciated.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 06:04 AM
hey pokerbot,

while I think its a really bad situation that you got scammed, I really think its scummy to bring his family into this. they didn't do anything to deserve this bad treatment, and if you could possibly ruin their reputation, its just equally as scummy as you getting scammed.

Im not saying there's anything wrong with your website idea, but please if you do it don't include things where it would affect one or both of his parents careers, that's just not right or ethical.

gl tho and I really hope it gets resolved
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 06:05 AM
to the guys saying he shouldnt do anything involving the parents,
does that mean he should just suck it up and move on?

direct confrontation and outing him here on 2p2 didnt make the scammer
pay back the money, in fact he tried to lie and even slander pokerbot's name.

violence is obv punishable by law.

still this is about 3k and people get killed for less, when the scammer decided to
scam and to lie and deny he 100% knew about the risk of geting outed to his parents etc.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregvenezia
they didn't do anything to deserve this bad treatment, and if you could possibly ruin their reputation, its just equally as scummy as you getting scammed.
what?
they raised a rather ****ty child at least and they still have the choice
to make good on their kids mistake before they get outed..

how can you say its "equally scummy", he is trying to get his money back,
do you think scammer (or scammer's parents) would hesitate to contact
anybody if he was the scammee?
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 06:11 AM
anybody can make a website. i can also make a pokerbotisascammer.com website without any consequences.

ducy ?
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 06:11 AM
Quote:
it is not my goal to harm his parents in any way. in fact, i'd feel sorry for them to get involved. but since he doesn't care about his reputation i don't see any other way to put more pressure on him.

anyways, the homepage is not yet released and i'll think about it in the next days.

any input is appreciated.
one other thing, although you say you're giving him a 'choice' (paying u will avoid parents reputation being hurt) you still shouldn't involve his parents. although this is their son, they are in no way legally responsible for his debts. his debts are his own and that's that.

for those of you saying pokerbot has every right to involve the parents and possibly ruin their reputation as well then you are idiots and do not have one iota clue about the law.

DO NOT involve the parents in anyway publicly on the website. (sending an email explaining the situation is different)

Last edited by Alobar; 07-03-2009 at 12:49 PM. Reason: fixed quating for clarity
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 06:11 AM
his parents dont owe him the money christ what age are the people involved?
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 06:14 AM
how the **** do people not see why its wrong to out private information about his parents? pokerbot, i have no problem with releasing the site or whatever, and if by chance someone finds out and one of his parents has repercussions to deal with, that's a different thing. if you let the parents know of this possibility i'm sure they would try to resolve it.

but blatantly posting information about his parents is ******edly pathetic. apart from being unethical, it also doesn't increase your chances of getting paid. calling his parents is fine, getting them involved privately is fine. but yeah posting information about them isn't, sorry if i misunderstood and that's not your intentions at all, you just said in a post that you could post information about his family on the site so 'their' reputation would be ruined. not cool imo.

also thethrill009's post is pretty silly, people's suggestions have nothing to do with avoiding confrontation.

and vantek, telling the truth is definitely punishable in some cases. pretty easy to figure out.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by subandi
what?
they raised a rather ****ty child at least and they still have the choice
to make good on their kids mistake before they get outed..

how can you say its "equally scummy", he is trying to get his money back,
do you think scammer (or scammer's parents) would hesitate to contact
anybody if he was the scammee?
omg you have no clue do you. yes ill admit this whole situation is wrong, but his parents are 100% innocent in this matter.

His parents are 100% not responsible for their sons actions at this point from a legal respect. I am suggesting not to involve the parents to try and help OP because what he is doing could have him being faced with a lawsuit.

Jeffrey Dahmers dad taught at my highschool. his dad is a very nice man, is it his fault that his son turned into a mass murdering ****ed up serial killer? No. and his father also isn't responsible for the atrocities his son did.

trust me I am right on this one. do not do anything to ruin the parents' reps
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 06:17 AM
lol if i got scammed for 3k and then the scammer came onto a forum and tried to **** over my rep by doctoring screen shots and vouching for himself under a duplicate account, i would just assume it's my right to do whatever i want to **** him over
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 06:18 AM
basically,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregvenezia

one other thing, although you say you're giving him a 'choice' (paying u will avoid parents reputation being hurt) you still shouldn't involve his parents. although this is their son, they are in no way legally responsible for his debts. his debts are his own and that's that.

for those of you saying pokerbot has every right to involve the parents and possibly ruin their reputation as well then you are idiots and do not have one iota clue about the law.

DO NOT involve the parents in anyway publicly on the website. (sending an email explaining the situation is different)
this

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2005
his parents dont owe him the money christ what age are the people involved?
and this
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharrrr
anybody can make a website. i can also make a pokerbotisascammer.com website without any consequences.

ducy ?
No, you can't. He can take you to court for that and win.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleD
No, you can't. He can take you to court for that and win.
exactly, what I've been saying. im glad you and So Lost agree.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleD
No, you can't. He can take you to court for that and win.
uuuuh no, because we are not residents or citizens of the same country.
ducy ?
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharrrr
uuuuh no, because we are not residents or citizens of the same country.
ducy ?
jesus man you really have no idea what you're talking about, stop posting in this thread.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoLost
jesus man you really have no idea what you're talking about, stop posting in this thread.
exactly. you have no clue. its still defamation.

uniform defamation act
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoLost
jesus man you really have no idea what you're talking about, stop posting in this thread.
haha you lack arguments so you just tell me to gtfo.

tell me this: say i live in switzerland, you live in the usa. how do you want to take this to court with me ? nearly impossible.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharrrr
uuuuh no, because we are not residents or citizens of the same country.
ducy ?
What you said is stupid regardless. There are a lot of things people can do to other people that are not punishable realistically, but they don't, because those things are pointless, or people have morals, or some other reasons. You argument is useless because the point of SpeedLimitsisascammer.com is not to just make such a website, but an attempt to get some money back.

I could, technically railbird every table you sit at and constantly type in chat that you owe me 1k, which would probably raise a lot of eyebrows and possibly make you look questionable. But who does that? This really isn't what this is about.

Last edited by DoubleD; 07-03-2009 at 06:28 AM. Reason: grammar
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote

      
m