Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k.

08-03-2009 , 02:40 PM
This thread is turning real gay real fast. It was interesting at 1st and pokerbot, yeah it sucks you got scammed.

But, to bring his mom into it at the levels that it seems was done was low class. You obviously don't need the $ for your kids liver translpant or to pay rent before you get evicted or to say bury your mom or something. So, to let others talk you into not being high class is regretable. If I am reading the thread wrong and it was not you who actually drug Brett's mom through the mud then I apologize. But, if it was you then dude, in that case you have displayed the same level of classless unethical behaviour that brett did.

sometimes in life (and this is 1 of them) we just have to chalk getting fvcked over to learning experiences and move on. I have been screwed over for way more than $3000, to the point where I was strongly considering actually shooting the guy.

you have to just let it go dude and let these other fools dwell over old news.


Peace
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
08-03-2009 , 02:51 PM
yea someone stole 3k from you, so what, close your eyes, plug up your ears and yell lalalalalalala, let him have the money, be high class don't stoop to his level &c &c &c
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
08-03-2009 , 02:51 PM
OP is taking by far the classiest route in attempting to get his money back.

And Brett Mrozowski is a bi-sexual when drunk, a scam artist with multiple outstanding debts, and a bad man.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
08-03-2009 , 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blonn
yea someone stole 3k from you, so what, close your eyes, plug up your ears and yell lalalalalalala, let him have the money, be high class don't stoop to his level &c &c &c
he has the $ already. he is not letting him have anything. he took it and op cant get it back... period...

it should be clear to all that he is not getting that $ back.. period... nothing has transpired (that i know of) that would lead op to think he will get any $ back.

so, what are you gonna do now ??? stay on this whiney, i'm gonna smear anyone near him campaign ? or chalk it up to a learning experience, actually learn something from the incident and move on ?

eventually, op will have to choose the latter... better sooner than later imo.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
08-03-2009 , 03:05 PM
For all the weirdo's that think its okay to run to his parents you lot are clueless. If the 3k is bothering you that much then go about it like a man and fly your ass over and atleast talk to him. This is the real world not high school.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
08-03-2009 , 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fracchiolla
For all the weirdo's that think its okay to run to his parents you lot are clueless. If the 3k is bothering you that much then go about it like a man and fly your ass over and atleast talk to him. This is the real world not high school.
Yeah, OP should spend $1500-2000 on a flight just to collect $3000. That makes much more sense than exerting influence over his life for free online by making sure people know that Brett Mrozowski is a bad man, and a scammer.

Maybe if enough of Brett's friends get tired of having their reputation run into the ground for hanging out with a scammer, they'll either isolate themselves from him, or convince him to, as you put it, "go about it like a man" and pay up what he wrongfully took.

Brett should be happy that OP hasn't sold the debt off to someone like Gramma from Rounders, or some ball-breaking collection agency that would put the debt on his credit report.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
08-03-2009 , 03:33 PM
Hollywood Cole, Fracchiolla, catalyst and whoever thinks that i am as shady as speedlimits..

- he steals 3k from me.
- i post the OP a couple days later.
- he comes into this thread and says it is not true and that i am the scammer. he posts fake screenshots and tries to ruin my reputation.
- his friend nstomper posts, saying he knows me and that speedlimits is right.
- i send a kind email to his mother. i don't ask for the money and i don't threaten her in any way. i just hope she talks to him and tells him to do the right thing. no answer.
- a friend of mine tries to call her (i don't want to do it myself because my english isn't good and it would sound pretty noncredible when some foreigner tries to explain that story in bad english.). she doesn't answer the phone at home and in her office for several days.
- nstomper returns, posting silly pictures and is basically making fun about me and the situation.
- some guys write some stuff about brett at her wikipedia- and ratemyprofessor-page. i think it is absolutely ok and quite funny.

he can have his name removed from this thread and maybe even have this thread deleted, he just needs to pay back my money. and he knows about that since the very first day.

now wtf.. are you just trolling this thread or are you serious when you say i am as bad as someone who steals 3k from a previous buddy just because i try to talk to his parents about it?


ty for all the support all you other guys, i really appreciate it.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
08-03-2009 , 04:09 PM
I don't condone him stealing the 3k from you it was a scumbag thing to do but surely you can see the damage has been done and your very unlikely to see a single dollar back from him.
Really what else can you do to him now? I'm afraid you've blown any chance of getting the 3k back. If you had held off posting this and told Brett that you understand he's broke and give him a chance you might have seen some money back.
Ive been on both sides of the fence and had a friend owe me 2k. He didn't have it when he told me he would so rather than bust his balls I showed him sympathy and understood his position.
Eventually I got paid in full and there was no problems.
In the poker/gambling world you have to understand that its a roller coaster. People go broke all the time and other days they win big. I think you just have to chalk it up to an expensive lesson and move on.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
08-03-2009 , 04:19 PM
i've been pretty reluctant to post here because (1) i pretty much suck at poker right now and (2) i don't like registering on forums i can't keep up with...

...buuuut...i've been in your situation a few times pokerbot. once i had a best friend/roommate skip his half of the rent and not tell me, letting me find out the same weekend i needed to move out to avoid eviction...i had to pay the lease and bills off leaving him owing me $1400. that was 5 years ago and i still have yet to see a penny.

the second time, i let a successful photographer borrow my photography equipment...i assisted him when shooting portraits for a local television station's news team. just like you with speedlimits, i knew this guy was successful. what i didn't know was he was a drug addict..and the 2nd time i loaned my equipment to him, he pawned it. $950 on a credit card later, i'm paying to get my OWN equipment out of hock. these two incidents happened within 3 months of each other and at the time were devastating financially. never saw a penny from this guy either.

third time a friend of mine wrecked my motorcycle and broke both hands. couldn't work for 6 weeks, and couldn't pay me to fix the bike. enough time passed where he pretty much decided not to pay at all. about $500 in damage if not more. never saw a penny, again, lost another friend.

here's the deal. people like this don't think like normal people. matter of fact, he's probably convinced himself it never happened. you'll NEVER see any of this money again. the only thing you can do is chalk it up as a learning experience, forgive, but don't forget. you're the only person affected by this, staying up at night torturing yourself about it. you're the one that gets stressed, not him. you just have to let it go. believe me, you'll feel a lot better when you do. if he does decide to pay you back one day, it'll be bonus.

sorry for the long post.

p.s. it took me about 2 years to finally let the first two things go, it's not easy, but you gotta do it or you'll just suffer inside.

wow, that was way too serious. i'm gonna go back to watching your avatar.

Last edited by adam75south; 08-03-2009 at 04:34 PM.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
08-03-2009 , 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerbot_v7
Hollywood Cole, Fracchiolla, catalyst and whoever thinks that i am as shady as speedlimits..

- he steals 3k from me.
- i post the OP a couple days later.
- he comes into this thread and says it is not true and that i am the scammer. he posts fake screenshots and tries to ruin my reputation.
- his friend nstomper posts, saying he knows me and that speedlimits is right.
- i send a kind email to his mother. i don't ask for the money and i don't threaten her in any way. i just hope she talks to him and tells him to do the right thing. no answer.
- a friend of mine tries to call her (i don't want to do it myself because my english isn't good and it would sound pretty noncredible when some foreigner tries to explain that story in bad english.). she doesn't answer the phone at home and in her office for several days.
- nstomper returns, posting silly pictures and is basically making fun about me and the situation.
- some guys write some stuff about brett at her wikipedia- and ratemyprofessor-page. i think it is absolutely ok and quite funny.

he can have his name removed from this thread and maybe even have this thread deleted, he just needs to pay back my money. and he knows about that since the very first day.

now wtf.. are you just trolling this thread or are you serious when you say i am as bad as someone who steals 3k from a previous buddy just because i try to talk to his parents about it?


ty for all the support all you other guys, i really appreciate it.

i have been following this thread since its creation. i dont think you have accepted the fact that you are not going to get any $ back from him. once you accept that fact, i believe you will let this whole thing go.

it was low lifed of him to scam you for $, there is not doubt about that. i just think that you should not stoop to any lengths to harm his family because a moronic member of the family harmed you.

i think the people who are advocating keeping this thing going have not accepted the fact that you wont see any of that $. there is nothing you can do to get any $ from him.

you do realize that dont you ??
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
08-03-2009 , 04:31 PM
Quote:
But, to bring his mom into it at the levels that it seems was done
Oh come on, you people seriously need to stop with this ****. A few emails, phonecalls, making hilarious comments at ratemyprofessor and editing a funny section to her wikipedia page is barely anything worth mentioning. Get over yourself.

Quote:
i dont think you have accepted the fact that you are not going to get any $ back from him. once you accept that fact, i believe you will let this whole thing go.
No way. The guy is a scammer. It's just satisfying to ruin his life as much as possible.

Quote:
forgive
lol??? why???

Quote:
it took me about 2 years to finally let the first two things go, it's not easy, but you gotta do it or you'll just suffer inside.
You make it sound like there's some sort of "decision" to make, like "oh, I will let this go". WTF? Getting scammed just makes you feel bad, and over time it will fade away. Saying to yourself "fine I will let this go" changes nothing.

Your things were much worse BTW, because it was a friend.

Last edited by Vantek; 08-03-2009 at 04:40 PM.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
08-03-2009 , 04:44 PM
i've somebody ever stole 3k for me i would make sure its the last thing that he'll ever steal. in my opinion OP is acting cool about it i would have hired somebody for sure by now. scumbags like him should be wiped from the face of the earth
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
08-03-2009 , 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cole
i have been following this thread since its creation. i dont think you have accepted the fact that you are not going to get any $ back from him. once you accept that fact, i believe you will let this whole thing go.

it was low lifed of him to scam you for $, there is not doubt about that. i just think that you should not stoop to any lengths to harm his family because a moronic member of the family harmed you.

i think the people who are advocating keeping this thing going have not accepted the fact that you wont see any of that $. there is nothing you can do to get any $ from him.

you do realize that dont you ??
You're ****in ******ed. And no I don't need thousands of posts to state that without a reason.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
08-03-2009 , 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerbot_v7
there is a pretty easy way to avoid it and it is just up to him.

oh and even when i don't exactly mention their names: isn't Mrozowski a pretty rare name in the US? so everyone who googles his parents (or his child in 20 years) will find the homepage anyways.

but i'd think about what information i exactly want to release when we really do work on the homepage in the next days.

his parents should know about the situation since i sent them an email and i know a couple other guys did the same.
I'm gonna start emailing his mother also, he should pay up.

Seriously.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
08-03-2009 , 05:11 PM
Brett "Both Ways" Mrozowski
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
08-03-2009 , 05:13 PM
Good luck man, hope you bust this ***.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
08-03-2009 , 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch3ckraise
Brett "Both Ways" Mrozowski
Unless he gets tossed in jail, then it will only be "One Way".
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
08-03-2009 , 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantek
You make it sound like there's some sort of "decision" to make, like "oh, I will let this go". WTF? Getting scammed just makes you feel bad, and over time it will fade away. Saying to yourself "fine I will let this go" changes nothing.

Your things were much worse BTW, because it was a friend.
you'd be surprised how long you can hold onto something like that. for me, it was just a decision. just like that. those 2 years up until that point were hell. i had been fuming about it. always hoping i'd see either of them somewhere so i could confront them and f*ck em up over it. but i realized i was only torturing myself thinking about it. getting my blood pumping for no reason and constantly pissed off every time another friend would bring his name up for whatever reason. and also, i realized he's not sweating it at all. i'm over here stressed out wanting to kick his ass while he's just living a normal life and feeling fine. my problem was the LAST thing on his mind. it's not fair, but it's life. they were some relatively cheap life lessons and i'm not sure i'd go back and change them if i could.

i agree on the friend thing. although anytime you get screwed by someone you trust it's not easy to accept.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
08-03-2009 , 05:47 PM
By harassing his mother, you guys (not OP... the peanut gallery) are making it less likely we get paid, not more money. You make this way more like some weird internet joke she doesn't understand than what it actually is.

I don't think anything the mom's done is wrong. The fact that she didn't answer the e-mail is slightly sketchy, but not really since lots of people just delete e-mails from people they don't know--espec older people. The fact that she didn't answer her phone makes it way more likely she's the kind of person who just doesn't answer phone calls/e-mails unless she knows where they're coming from, since she obv had no way to know that she was being called about this.

Harassing her seems pretty immoral to me. Calling her son bisexual and otherwise insulting him like middle schoolers on her wiki page is just gonna make this look like an internet joke and not a serious problem that her son got into.

Edit: Trying to contact the mother or other family members in a courteous way is totally reasonable. If they're reasonable people, they'll want to know. It's not the responsibility of random 2p2 posters to do this, though, and having a ton of people try to do this will make things worse, not better.

Last edited by NoahSD; 08-03-2009 at 05:53 PM.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
08-03-2009 , 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cole
i have been following this thread since its creation. i dont think you have accepted the fact that you are not going to get any $ back from him. once you accept that fact, i believe you will let this whole thing go.

it was low lifed of him to scam you for $, there is not doubt about that. i just think that you should not stoop to any lengths to harm his family because a moronic member of the family harmed you.

i think the people who are advocating keeping this thing going have not accepted the fact that you wont see any of that $. there is nothing you can do to get any $ from him.

you do realize that dont you ??
you are wrong, this won't be over until he pays me back.

i thought about going to vegas next summer anyways and if he hasn't paid me back until then i will make a stopover in kenosha and newport and be at his and/or his parents house for sure.

there is a decent chance that i friend of mine will be in the neighborhood soon so maybe i don't even have to wait until summer.

i do as well talk with a friend of mine about legal options.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
08-03-2009 , 06:17 PM
Noah - to be honest pokerbot has not encouraged anyone to do anything to his family its BBV taking it upon themselves to do so.

I really cant believe that Brett wants this thread and/or the domain name going up and staying up for the next 5-10 years of his life.

It's not just his future jobs, it's his future girlfriends, wives, business partners, family etc.

The fact that he hasn't tried to clear his name by now speaks volumes but he should realise how badly he's ****ed himself up and even if he cant pay back the $3k now start paying it off in small installments w/ the proviso that this thread gets deleted when pokerbot gets repaid.

( Still surprised the domain name isnt up yet ).
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
08-03-2009 , 06:25 PM
Oh, I wasn't saying pokerbot did anything wrong. I don't think he did, though obv I can't be sure of who did what.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
08-03-2009 , 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerbot_v7
you are wrong, this won't be over until he pays me back.

i thought about going to vegas next summer anyways and if he hasn't paid me back until then i will make a stopover in kenosha and newport and be at his and/or his parents house for sure.

there is a decent chance that i friend of mine will be in the neighborhood soon so maybe i don't even have to wait until summer.

i do as well talk with a friend of mine about legal options.
Good to hear.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
08-03-2009 , 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscillator
[x] did it to themselves.

everyone in that party has had ( and still has ) multiple opportunities to discuss the events and try to work things out. all we wanted from his mom was a receptive ear and a voice. if you want to stay quiet we'll make all the noise.
Are you ***** ******ed? He's not 12 years old and his mother has nothing to do with this cluster fk.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
08-03-2009 , 09:17 PM
Pokerbot, I have been watching tv and reading this thread for the past hour or so, I honestly can't remember how I came on this site but just browsed the forums and found this thread. What is surprising is I would have thought he couldn't or wouldn't pay up because of losing it all or something like that, but if it was me I would just own up and say that I was sorry and try and pay it back, even if it's like $10 a week, surely if he is still playing poker he could afford that then slowly recover. Speedlimits, only thing I have to say is, nevermind all these people posting about personal stuff etc, this guy trusted you and gave you money which was his, imagine if it was you, he hasn't made any personal threats and frankly is being real nice about it, just contact him and let him know what happened or if you could sort out something, this could all just settle over and be forgotten about and I'm sure Pokerbot would just let all this die over if you both could sort out something.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote

      
m