Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k.

07-03-2009 , 02:36 PM
mentioning his parents might cause OP legal problems. their google rep might be valuable to them or their job. I would just be careful to make sure you don't become vulnerable to a lawsuit and even mentioning them is probably going to cause you a headache, even if legal.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by subandi
to the guys saying he shouldnt do anything involving the parents,
does that mean he should just suck it up and move on?

direct confrontation and outing him here on 2p2 didnt make the scammer
pay back the money, in fact he tried to lie and even slander pokerbot's name.

violence is obv punishable by law.

still this is about 3k and people get killed for less, when the scammer decided to
scam and to lie and deny he 100% knew about the risk of geting outed to his parents etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by subandi
what?
they raised a rather ****ty child at least and they still have the choice
to make good on their kids mistake before they get outed..

how can you say its "equally scummy", he is trying to get his money back,
do you think scammer (or scammer's parents) would hesitate to contact
anybody if he was the scammee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleD
lol if i got scammed for 3k and then the scammer came onto a forum and tried to **** over my rep by doctoring screen shots and vouching for himself under a duplicate account, i would just assume it's my right to do whatever i want to **** him over
Quote:
Originally Posted by subandi
maybe this will surprise you but I can guarantee that pb does not want to harm them.

he needs to pressure them to pressure their son because they can
and the pressure here on 2p2 is obv not enough for him to consider paying back.

its 3k, if they have such a great reputation to lose they can easy pay it
and collect the money from their son (or not).
Quote:
Originally Posted by subandi
if your ****ed up brother stole from me and the only way of getting in contact with him
were through you of course I would do that.

same goes for when I know a friend, employer, teacher, priest of him.

it is unimaginable to me that anyone would not do everything he can
to get his money back.

remember this is not about punishment, pokerbot needs to make
the scenario in which brett mrozowski doesnt pay back the money as bad as possible for him
in order to have any hopes to get it back,

brett already showed that he can live with the current situation (he has the money and gets talked about badly at 2p2)

Hey man, I don't know anything about you other than your posts in this thread. But, you are WAAAAAAAAAAY out of line.

There are somethings that you just don't do, and what you are suggesting is some of them. Just because someone has been wronged does not make it right for them to do whatever they can to bring pain to the person who hurt them.

Again, your logic on this situation is WAAAAAAY f****d up.

Last edited by George Jackson; 07-03-2009 at 03:36 PM.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 03:29 PM
meh he should be doing anything legal to get his money back.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerbot_v7
am i missing something? i am pretty sure he is no broke. his tableratings looks fine.

he hasn't been logged into his 2p2 account for quite a while. imo there is a decent chance he is on his way to the ME right now.
Seems like the most likely reason. Maybe hes been a degen live or in the pit...maybe he has an expensive drug habit...but he could have scammed someone a lot earlier or for a lot more if he was just some greedy criminal who had a lot of money imo
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 03:35 PM
Hey pokerbot:

I have been following this thread from the beginning and I must say that you have made your point. You seem like a stand up guy and there seems to be alot of 2+2ers who vouch for you.

So, you, as they say are standing on higher ground.

I hope that you do not lower yourself to Speedlimits level by publicly involving his parents in this ordeal IN ANY WAY. That would be super super sleezy on your part. You don' want to lower yourself to his level. There are some things that you just don't do.

I understand you thinking about it, but hopefully you will see the wisdom in only dealing with his parents in a private way. If it were I, I would not have other people bombard them with emails either. You should be the one to send them a sincere email detailing the situation stating your desire to have the situation corrected. No threats or anything, just a calm honest accounting of the events and ask for their help. If you get their help or not or if they tell you to go and fu*k a rock, you did the right thing and that's all you can do.

Also, it is entirely possible that you will never see your 3k again. If that is the case, it does not give you or anyone the right to adopt a scorched earth
policy.

Remember, her/his son scammed you and the parent should not have to suffer any consequences because of that.

You putting his mom/dad name out there imo makes you just as sleezy as speedlimits. And, I know you don't want that.

I hope you take heed to the level heads who are telling you not to out his parents.


Peace & good luck with this situation.


Maybe spend 10 seconds asking God to help Speedlimits. You may be amazed.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thamask
Speedlimits is a low life, i know of someone who was offered training if they signed up for certian sites rakeback under his attached site. He NEVER recieved the training and speedlimits avioded and didnt return any pm's or emails. This little scammer is obviously not to bright and probley never thought this would blow up so big.

Wow, that is amazing. I was not going to say anything but I was offered the same deal by him. He had made a thread awhile back re: free coaching. I made an account on UB and signed up with the rakeback at the site he told me to. Since this was my 1st time with coaching and doing anything like this I was very nervous and cautious.

I kept sending him Skype messages just to ask a few questions so that I could feel comfortable before I deposited over $500 on UB for the sole purpose of getting free coaching from him. Anyway, I did not feel comfortable with him and before I put any money on UB and put his SN in the Rakeback site so that he would receive the rakeback, I sent him a pm saying something came up and I would not be able to commit the time to getting free coaching from him.

The truth is, my gut told me not to do it. Whew
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 04:10 PM
why would anyone here care about his family?
he scammed op for 3K$ and then comes in this thread and talks chit....if he could, he would ruin all of you without thinking a second about it....this guy needs to think about what he has done to op and other 2+2ers with the coaching scamm etc...involving his parents is one of the best things you can do. just *** him up like he did to op and others
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 04:13 PM
i think wat some people are forgetting here is its not slander if its true. if he threw in a sentence on the website like Brett Mrozowski, son of so and so scammed me for 3k. what the parents could (realistically) sue him for would be:
1) he is not their son
2) no one was scammed

because that is all that was stated.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 04:40 PM
I'll say it one more time, OP, I will give you back some if not all of the money you were scammed until he pays. I know what its like to be scammed and its not fun.
PM me OP.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantek
Who ever talked about trying to ruin his parents' career? I guess outing like everyone's email could be considered a little douchy but really come on, that is not a big deal, everyone is going to get an email that their son/brother/friend is a scammer, BOO HOO. My life would be ruined if I got an email saying that my brother is a scammer. Really now.
read the thread. there has definitely been talk about ruining the parents' career. pokerbot specifically said he'd like to release information about speed's parents on the website to destroy their reputation.

i think he was probably caught up in the moment to consider that and i hope he doesn't do it. not many people are really objecting to just sending a simple email to the parents if nothing works out. they're objecting to pokerbot taking steps to intentionally harm the parents which is definitely something that he has conveyed in this thread.

sorry if your post was aimed purely at the people against just sending an email
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 04:54 PM
MrTaylorSwift, I was scammed by life in general. Care to compensate me as well? Thx.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 05:02 PM
Quote:
read the thread. there has definitely been talk about ruining the parents' career. pokerbot specifically said he'd like to release information about speed's parents on the website to destroy their reputation.
no he didnt say that. all he said was, that it might be bad for their reputation to be mentioned on this website. then suddenly all you people made a big deal out of it, what it wasn't, cause pokerbot said he will think about what information he will release on the website.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurious
are you ******ed?
if by ******ed you mean: "have u escrowed a lot of money to wcg for a HU4rollz that never happend because you were backing out when you found out that you gonna play a hsnler". then no, i'm not.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by William F Guile
For starters, I don't think gambling related debts stand up in court, and secondly, there is no real proof that there was pre arranged agreement to trade funds. Pokerbot may have just given him 3k for numerous reasons, such as he owed it to him in the first place and so forth. Just because PB can prove he gave Speeds 3k, doesn't really mean much in court. Imo.
this is more an instance of fraud than a debt incurred in/related to gambling

as far as the rest of your statement, i don't think a response is necessary
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 05:27 PM
Mr Taylor Swift that's pretty legit offer.
haha
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 05:35 PM
sick life
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 05:59 PM
don't worry guys, im sure speedlimits will be back, he's just searching for more evidence
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 06:07 PM
meh.. just make a general disclaimer in the website saying the debt is solely his and his parents have zero responsibility.. I think that would solve any kind of legal related problems
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlippoManiacs
if by ******ed you mean: "have u escrowed a lot of money to wcg for a HU4rollz that never happend because you were backing out when you found out that you gonna play a hsnler". then no, i'm not.
good one, yet your pic wasnt fitting...
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 06:16 PM
I want more posts with screenshots from speedlimits. He is a scammer and unless he posted something utterly revelational he will always be.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 06:21 PM
imo

it is ok to ask his parents to pay the dept for him

it is not ok to publicly out his parents reputation
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerbot_v7
I'd like to do it that way but i live in germany and i don't think that'd work out. German and american police working together because one online poker player scammed another one? Don't think so.. and online poker is illegal in germany.

Admo plays the ME and we will get the homepage done in 2 or 3 days. I'll use that time to think about the content.
See your point.

Still, I haven't really been against anything you want to do. Do what you need to do imo
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 06:34 PM
Quote:
imo

it is ok to ask his parents to pay the dept for him
lol i couldn't disagree more. If he is over 18 it is no more responsibility to pay back the debt than it is yours or mine. Obviously you aren't forcing them to so you could ask but I think that is an extremely scummy move.

I think it is kind of a dick move even to accept the money from his parents if they offered, let alone go trying to get it from them. Not their fault in any way.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Jackson
Maybe spend 10 seconds asking God to help Speedlimits. You may be amazed.
lol wat
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote
07-03-2009 , 06:46 PM
Speedlimits made a thread in the coaching forum offering "Free coaching".

The only catch was that you had to make a new account on fulltilt, and sign up through a rakeback affiliate using his name as a referral.

When i questioned how ethical this was, he pretty told me there would be a zero percent chance of getting caught/punished by fulltilt.

Sounds pretty scumbagish.
beat: Speedlimits scammed me for 3k. Quote

      
m