Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Mid-High Stakes Limit Discussions of mid-high stakes limit Texas Hold'em

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 08:32 PM   #551
TylerMes
adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NL!?
Posts: 1,020
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by private joker View Post
I don't think set vs trips is nitty at all. Huge difference, really. Do you think A3 on AA9 flop is the same thing as AA on an A93 flop? Answer becomes clear once you start getting heavy action on the AA9 flop from an old rock.
obviously its a huge difference but who cares if a tard mixes the two up. its like telling someone a hand was 60/40 and not actually a coinflip. the meaning is still conveyed and if its not its probably because the person doesn't think about the game on the same level you do. its poker not physics. point is people take some of the silliest elements of poker culture way too seriously.
TylerMes is offline  
Old 03-19-2010, 08:41 PM   #552
MitchL
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MitchL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 8,521
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertCat View Post
Will you nits stop ruining the single greatest hand of poker I've yet played? Sexy, triple sexy, double screwplay, DVDA, whatever you call it, it was awesome. Just don't piss on my face and tell me it's lite beer.
What you did is actually very simple. It's called a tri-fecta and you can very rarely get them off except against very special opponents and there are almost always lines that are going to yield more profit in the long run.
MitchL is offline  
Old 03-19-2010, 08:42 PM   #553
private joker
Most Definitely
 
private joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Am I the boxer or the bag?
Posts: 25,244
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMes View Post
obviously its a huge difference but who cares if a tard mixes the two up. its like telling someone a hand was 60/40 and not actually a coinflip. the meaning is still conveyed and if its not its probably because the person doesn't think about the game on the same level you do. its poker not physics. point is people take some of the silliest elements of poker culture way too seriously.
I'm not saying I correct people at the table when they say it. That would be ridiculous. But I don't correct anyone on anything. Doesn't mean I don't agree that some distinctions are nitty and some aren't. This just happens to be one that's not.
private joker is offline  
Old 03-19-2010, 08:44 PM   #554
Plastiman
grinder
 
Plastiman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 7th Ring of Saturn
Posts: 461
Re: March Low-Content Thread

some antics ITT
Plastiman is offline  
Old 03-19-2010, 08:51 PM   #555
TylerMes
adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NL!?
Posts: 1,020
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by private joker View Post
I'm not saying I correct people at the table when they say it. That would be ridiculous. But I don't correct anyone on anything. Doesn't mean I don't agree that some distinctions are nitty and some aren't. This just happens to be one that's not.
well i pretty much agree with you. i just try not to get bent out of shape if someone misuses some made up poker term. a ton of stuff has come and gone since i came to this forum, philvansexton once was a stop n go, gaybet once was a donk, tons of donk/fish synonyms are getting really rare like pigeon. many terms exist just because its fun to make things up.
TylerMes is offline  
Old 03-19-2010, 08:52 PM   #556
MitchL
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MitchL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 8,521
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by private joker View Post
I'm not saying I correct people at the table when they say it. That would be ridiculous. But I don't correct anyone on anything. Doesn't mean I don't agree that some distinctions are nitty and some aren't. This just happens to be one that's not.
I actually do the opposite. If I was in. Hand w a 2p2er and had trips, I would call out "top set!" We also had this random pothead who was terrible but ran like jesus and he yell out "broadway," every time he had it. That used to tilt u like crazy so we started doing it ourselves and made live poker much more interesting.
MitchL is offline  
Old 03-19-2010, 09:01 PM   #557
MitchL
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MitchL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 8,521
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Another fav thing to do when I'm up against a tag or 2p2er is yell out "top two," when I have like 56 on a 63342 board when they obv have Ak high.
MitchL is offline  
Old 03-19-2010, 09:07 PM   #558
ImAllInNow
Pooh-Bah
 
ImAllInNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 4,856
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertCat View Post
Will you nits stop ruining the single greatest hand of poker I've yet played? Sexy, triple sexy, double screwplay, DVDA, whatever you call it, it was awesome. Just don't piss on my face and tell me it's lite beer.
Isn't it called a trifecta? What's wrong with that?
ImAllInNow is offline  
Old 03-19-2010, 09:08 PM   #559
jesse8888
Yes, you barred
 
jesse8888's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 16,684
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchL View Post
What you did is actually very simple. It's called a tri-fecta and you can very rarely get them off except against very special opponents and there are almost always lines that are going to yield more profit in the long run.
I have never completed the trifecta. I was once the victim and won the hand.
jesse8888 is offline  
Old 03-19-2010, 09:09 PM   #560
ImAllInNow
Pooh-Bah
 
ImAllInNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 4,856
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchL View Post
Another fav thing to do when I'm up against a tag or 2p2er is yell out "top two," when I have like 56 on a 63342 board when they obv have Ak high.
This is bordering on a slowroll unless you have already tabled your hand and they can clearly see it first.
ImAllInNow is offline  
Old 03-19-2010, 09:10 PM   #561
ImAllInNow
Pooh-Bah
 
ImAllInNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 4,856
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse8888 View Post
I have never completed the trifecta. I was once the victim and won the hand.
Does the line c/r/call, c/r/call, c/r count as a trifecta?
ImAllInNow is offline  
Old 03-19-2010, 09:10 PM   #562
jesse8888
Yes, you barred
 
jesse8888's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 16,684
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchL View Post
I actually do the opposite. If I was in. Hand w a 2p2er and had trips, I would call out "top set!" We also had this random pothead who was terrible but ran like jesus and he yell out "broadway," every time he had it. That used to tilt u like crazy so we started doing it ourselves and made live poker much more interesting.
I think that's hemp man. I hate that guy. He also uses words like expectation and variance when I doubt he could pass algebra 1.

Also confirm he never loses.
jesse8888 is offline  
Old 03-19-2010, 09:29 PM   #563
bdaddy
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: behind the wheel
Posts: 2,009
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse8888 View Post
I think that's hemp man. I hate that guy. He also uses words like expectation and variance when I doubt he could pass algebra 1.

Also confirm he never loses.
The best is when he starts talkin about hand ranges. Perfect example of someone who can learn all the terms and concepts, and still misapply them so poorly. I'm pretty sure he lurks here at least some of the time. The "broadway" thing tilted the f out of me. I'm like, just turn over your ****ing hand , I know what a straight is. Im also pretty sure he would say set when he had trips.
bdaddy is offline  
Old 03-19-2010, 09:36 PM   #564
AlanBostick
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AlanBostick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: twitch.tv/pokershaman59
Posts: 10,851
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchL View Post
What you did is actually very simple. It's called a tri-fecta and you can very rarely get them off except against very special opponents and there are almost always lines that are going to yield more profit in the long run.
I've always called it a "hat trick" - ever since I saw Bill Chen pull it off in one of the Oaks' Wednesday-night tournaments, back in the day when Bill still lived in the Bay Area, the tourneys were limit hold'em, and Bill would final-table each week and win more often than not.
AlanBostick is offline  
Old 03-19-2010, 09:41 PM   #565
bakku
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,925
Re: March Low-Content Thread

is hemp man the dude that buys in for 3 racks?
bakku is offline  
Old 03-19-2010, 09:43 PM   #566
AlanBostick
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AlanBostick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: twitch.tv/pokershaman59
Posts: 10,851
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddy View Post
The best is when he starts talkin about hand ranges. Perfect example of someone who can learn all the terms and concepts, and still misapply them so poorly. I'm pretty sure he lurks here at least some of the time. The "broadway" thing tilted the f out of me. I'm like, just turn over your ****ing hand , I know what a straight is. Im also pretty sure he would say set when he had trips.
He definitely lurks; and he's replied to a thread I started in the B&M forum. (But he only has 6 posts to his name.)
AlanBostick is offline  
Old 03-19-2010, 09:52 PM   #567
MitchL
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MitchL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 8,521
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakku View Post
is hemp man the dude that buys in for 3 racks?
Nah don't think so.
MitchL is offline  
Old 03-19-2010, 09:55 PM   #568
MitchL
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MitchL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 8,521
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAllInNow View Post
This is bordering on a slowroll unless you have already tabled your hand and they can clearly see it first.
Slowrolling 2p2ers and nittags is perfectly acceptable. Also it's hardly a slowrolling when they play so predictably that they always have A-high. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who sucks at hand reading, fwiw.
MitchL is offline  
Old 03-19-2010, 10:06 PM   #569
ImAllInNow
Pooh-Bah
 
ImAllInNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 4,856
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchL View Post
Slowrolling 2p2ers and nittags is perfectly acceptable.
I don't agree with this but I guess we all have our own opinions on it.
ImAllInNow is offline  
Old 03-19-2010, 10:13 PM   #570
MitchL
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MitchL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 8,521
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAllInNow View Post
I don't agree with this but I guess we all have our own opinions on it.
dude I was messing w you, but read back over what I wrote and explain how it could ever be slowrolling. Obv I turn the hand over when I say it, but only a total idiot would muck an overpair before I show assuming I have AA.
MitchL is offline  
Old 03-19-2010, 10:18 PM   #571
ImAllInNow
Pooh-Bah
 
ImAllInNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 4,856
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchL View Post
dude I was messing w you, but read back over what I wrote and explain how it could ever be slowrolling. Obv I turn the hand over when I say it, but only a total idiot would muck an overpair before I show assuming I have AA.
They wouldn't muck it, but for a second they might think they win, which is the definition of a slowroll.

Also, I guess you didn't mean to have the board make a straight for your 65.
ImAllInNow is offline  
Old 03-19-2010, 10:23 PM   #572
MitchL
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MitchL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 8,521
Re: March Low-Content Thread

yeah I didn't, which I guess is where we are diverging. I thought I had 56 on 63352.
MitchL is offline  
Old 03-19-2010, 10:24 PM   #573
ImAllInNow
Pooh-Bah
 
ImAllInNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 4,856
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchL View Post
yeah I didn't, which I guess is where we are diverging. I thought I had 56 on 63352.
That makes much more sense, lol.
ImAllInNow is offline  
Old 03-19-2010, 10:26 PM   #574
MitchL
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MitchL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 8,521
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Ok see I wouldve had the straight. Watching too much bball.
MitchL is offline  
Old 03-19-2010, 10:27 PM   #575
jesse8888
Yes, you barred
 
jesse8888's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 16,684
Re: March Low-Content Thread

He did once however make me laugh harder enough to induce an injury. Dudes not all bad.

http://jessetakesashot.blogspot.com/...g-problem.html
jesse8888 is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive