Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Mid-High Stakes Limit Discussions of mid-high stakes limit Texas Hold'em

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 07:25 PM   #326
Captain R
Wot
 
Captain R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Thru the flowers
Posts: 7,569
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Beale View Post
The patient is ~60, white male, pasty complexion. He never knows when it's his turn, never knows what the bet is, can't read the board or his hand (which have all been wowzers for the past hour). His clothing looks like he rolled in cat hair and his eyes look zombie stupid. I wouldn't bet that he drove himself here. No tremors but plenty of table banging and tongue movement.

I honestly think he's high as a kite, whatever he's on but maybe it's a syndrome.
You playing at Commerce? I wouldn't worry about it then.
Captain R is offline  
Old 03-11-2010, 07:31 PM   #327
Howard Beale
Formerly red
 
Howard Beale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Doing what my dog wants
Posts: 22,086
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Casino Arizona, ldo, but this guy's new so he's likely visiting. His big pot was 3-2o, UTG in a full kill pot.

I should be driving a Ferrari but I can't make a hand.
Howard Beale is offline  
Old 03-11-2010, 07:38 PM   #328
pig4bill
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 31,176
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Poker player syndrome?
pig4bill is offline  
Old 03-11-2010, 07:59 PM   #329
Howard Beale
Formerly red
 
Howard Beale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Doing what my dog wants
Posts: 22,086
Re: March Low-Content Thread

I swear just now he tossed the dealer a $2 chip asking for change, she gave him 2 $1 whites, he says 'what's this?' she tells him he asked for change, he says 'oh, yeah.'


In the middle of typing this I raised KK from the SB. The guy called me w his atc of course but what I've 'complained' about on here before happened: the pf limper folded to my raise. 8-16, nobody folds except to me. Mitch L. says it's a good thing so no more complaining.
Howard Beale is offline  
Old 03-11-2010, 10:54 PM   #330
stinkypete
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
stinkypete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: somewhere
Posts: 15,778
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMes View Post
if i recall what you are referring to, thats precisely why i did what i did . and it was HJ fwiw so its bad but not ridiculously so in absence of the BU.

interesting that you found out who i am. i guess given that loss yesterday its pretty easy to narrow down or maybe lauren told you...
jokes... that open is 100% standard given the situation. K8o might be debatable.

i overheard you when you were telling crazy witch lady your name. it wasn't too hard to figure it out from there.
stinkypete is offline  
Old 03-11-2010, 11:08 PM   #331
Torello
adept
 
Torello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 776
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig4bill View Post
In that case I won't make the joke about trying bounty tournaments that I was thinking of posting.
Streak of 18 consecutive sessions without a 1+ rack win ended.
Killing spree threat level reduced to Yellow.
Torello is offline  
Old 03-11-2010, 11:58 PM   #332
mrcunningham
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: lately at work
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse8888 View Post
This is very true. I have borderline high blood pressure, at least for my age (like 135/85), and whenever I give blood it takes like 2 seconds. My girlfriend has absurdly low blood pressure (like literally it was once 90/55 I think) and it takes her several minutes to fill one of those tiny sample tubes.
Jesse and Cap'n,
I am on poker hiatus, but I can't let this one go. You guys might be 100x better than me at the pokers, but this makes no sense. Unless the phlebotomist missed your vein and jabbed an artery, there's almost (and it's prolly closer to never) a correlation with your 'blood pressure' and filling up those tubes, 'cause that blood is coming out of your veins. The blood preesure is an arterial measurement. I realize nobody cares, but thought I could at least provide some knowledge on this, since it's clear I don't have much to offer on the pokers. If you don't believe me check with leo or surf doc.
mrcunningham is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 12:02 AM   #333
mrcunningham
adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: lately at work
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Beale View Post
So I'm just sitting here in a wild game waiting for 'my turn' idly wondering W...T...F...! is wrong w the character on my left when I realized I could pass the time by asking the forum which includes actual doctors.

The patient is ~60, white male, pasty complexion. He never knows when it's his turn, never knows what the bet is, can't read the board or his hand (which have all been wowzers for the past hour). His clothing looks like he rolled in cat hair and his eyes look zombie stupid. I wouldn't bet that he drove himself here. No tremors but plenty of table banging and tongue movement.

I honestly think he's high as a kite, whatever he's on but maybe it's a syndrome.

I can look for other symptoms as directed.
Sounds like a reg to me, what's the problem?
mrcunningham is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 12:48 AM   #334
The DaveR
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
The DaveR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: You stay there
Posts: 19,161
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkypete View Post
jokes... that open is 100% standard given the situation. K8o might be debatable.

i overheard you when you were telling crazy witch lady your name. it wasn't too hard to figure it out from there.

You didn't respond to my text.
The DaveR is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 01:04 AM   #335
leo doc
Most interesting man on 2p2
 
leo doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Not deserving of an undertitle
Posts: 12,132
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcunningham View Post
If you don't believe me check with leo or surf doc.
I had a thoughtful reply all typed out for HB re: his opponent's ailment or, more likely, impairment and had parenthetically remarked to jesse and Cap'n that blood pressure and venipuncture success are not related.

Then, the 2p2 Grench laid my efforts to waste by vaporizing my post as I was trying to submit it. (Wassup with that, pj? It only happens with my best composition.)

Then I figured Howard was prolly done playin' and I didn't wanna make my other pals think that there wasn't an upside to having hypertension so I just gave up on my reply.
leo doc is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 01:14 AM   #336
DesertCat
I am a Regulator
 
DesertCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 13,540
Re: March Low-Content Thread

How do you know that it's time to leave?

7 handed 40, young Internet player who always frustrates me and makes me do dumb things posts kill in mp. Folded to button, where I raise. Blinds and killer call. Flop AcQc7x, killer leads and I raise. Killer calls. Turn Q, he checks, Im too tired to deal with the impending checkraise, so I check. Turn 9s, he checks again and I should bet but again I know he will never fold to me ever so I check.

He smiles a sneaky smirk and says 6 high. I laugh, shake my head, and say "your good", and muck. The table is dumbfounded for a moment. Then I'm found dumb when they tell me I mucked a chop.

He was nice enough to give me half the pot anyways, which must have been doubly painful for him given how bad he's run the last two days.
DesertCat is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 01:18 AM   #337
stinkypete
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
stinkypete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: somewhere
Posts: 15,778
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DaveR View Post
You didn't respond to my text.
that number hasn't been in use since july... but it is as of an hour ago, temporarily
stinkypete is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 01:31 AM   #338
gaming_mouse
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
gaming_mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: taking notes on u (see profile)
Posts: 13,782
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertCat View Post
How do you know that it's time to leave?

7 handed 40, young Internet player who always frustrates me and makes me do dumb things posts kill in mp. Folded to button, where I raise. Blinds and killer call. Flop AcQc7x, killer leads and I raise. Killer calls. Turn Q, he checks, Im too tired to deal with the impending checkraise, so I check. Turn 9s, he checks again and I should bet but again I know he will never fold to me ever so I check.

He smiles a sneaky smirk and says 6 high. I laugh, shake my head, and say "your good", and muck. The table is dumbfounded for a moment. Then I'm found dumb when they tell me I mucked a chop.

He was nice enough to give me half the pot anyways, which must have been doubly painful for him given how bad he's run the last two days.
DC, I enjoyed this post
gaming_mouse is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 02:01 AM   #339
Captain R
Wot
 
Captain R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Thru the flowers
Posts: 7,569
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcunningham View Post
Jesse and Cap'n,
I am on poker hiatus, but I can't let this one go. You guys might be 100x better than me at the pokers, but this makes no sense. Unless the phlebotomist missed your vein and jabbed an artery, there's almost (and it's prolly closer to never) a correlation with your 'blood pressure' and filling up those tubes, 'cause that blood is coming out of your veins. The blood preesure is an arterial measurement. I realize nobody cares, but thought I could at least provide some knowledge on this, since it's clear I don't have much to offer on the pokers. If you don't believe me check with leo or surf doc.
No prob, I was half-joking because I had no idea whether it was true or not. The lab technician poking my arm thought it was funny though.

My doc called me tonight and said some test with my liver was kinda high so he wants to retest in 5 weeks and said no alcohol until then (alcohol can cause an abnormally high reading). I'm assuming he meant no alcohol until after 2pm tomorrow, right? Because I have a steak and wine lunch tomorrow that I've been planning for a few weeks now. It'll probably be more like chicken and wine now though.
Captain R is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 02:12 AM   #340
Howard Beale
Formerly red
 
Howard Beale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Doing what my dog wants
Posts: 22,086
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo doc View Post
I had a thoughtful reply all typed out for HB re: his opponent's ailment or, more likely, impairment and had parenthetically remarked to jesse and Cap'n that blood pressure and venipuncture success are not related.

Then, the 2p2 Grench laid my efforts to waste by vaporizing my post as I was trying to submit it. (Wassup with that, pj? It only happens with my best composition.)

Then I figured Howard was prolly done playin' and I didn't wanna make my other pals think that there wasn't an upside to having hypertension so I just gave up on my reply.
EP raises, all call, I call QJ OTB, goofy calls along w/ the BB.

Flop: Q-J-3. Checked to me I bet and only goofy calls.

Turn: K. c/b/c

River: A. goofy donks, fml, but I'm NEVER folding anything to him. He declares str8 and rolls over 99. Dealer says no str8, hilarity ensues. I still manage to lose for the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain R View Post
No prob, I was half-joking because I had no idea whether it was true or not. The lab technician poking my arm thought it was funny though.

My doc called me tonight and said some test with my liver was kinda high so he wants to retest in 5 weeks and said no alcohol until then (alcohol can cause an abnormally high reading). I'm assuming he meant no alcohol until after 2pm tomorrow, right? Because I have a steak and wine lunch tomorrow that I've been planning for a few weeks now. It'll probably be more like chicken and wine now though.
I'm nearly 60 and this stuff makes me and my slightly elevated cholesterol seem not so bad. My blood pressure is 110/70, it's been the same my entire life. I hope things work out ok for you.
Howard Beale is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 02:31 AM   #341
RudeboyOi
Pooh-Bah
 
RudeboyOi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,119
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaming_mouse View Post
DC, I enjoyed this post
do you ever not enjoy any of DC's post? i dont think its possible.
RudeboyOi is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 02:42 AM   #342
Captain R
Wot
 
Captain R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Thru the flowers
Posts: 7,569
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Beale View Post

I'm nearly 60 and this stuff makes me and my slightly elevated cholesterol seem not so bad. My blood pressure is 110/70, it's been the same my entire life. I hope things work out ok for you.
Thanks Howard. Yeah, I got that elevated cholesterol thing too. Blood pressure 130/95. This stuff isn't really that bad anyway, it's all relative. You just focus on what you can do to make thigns better (diet and exercise) and it is what it is and what happens happens. Same as poker really...
Captain R is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 03:14 AM   #343
Bremen
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Bremen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Please Sir, I want some more fish.
Posts: 15,799
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOWBALL View Post
to those who read or watch movies (on the ipod etc) at the table: are you able to follow the action of hands you aren't in?
For New Years I made a resolution to pay attention to more hands that I'm not in. I couldn't even follow my resolution for the very next hand.
Bremen is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 06:00 AM   #344
bisonbison
banned
 
bisonbison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: tables and chairs
Posts: 14,382
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Paying attention to hands is the way you admit you care about poker. **** that ****.
bisonbison is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 07:33 AM   #345
surfdoc
banned
 
surfdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: driving an ambulance
Posts: 4,758
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcunningham View Post
Jesse and Cap'n,
I am on poker hiatus, but I can't let this one go. You guys might be 100x better than me at the pokers, but this makes no sense. Unless the phlebotomist missed your vein and jabbed an artery, there's almost (and it's prolly closer to never) a correlation with your 'blood pressure' and filling up those tubes, 'cause that blood is coming out of your veins. The blood preesure is an arterial measurement. I realize nobody cares, but thought I could at least provide some knowledge on this, since it's clear I don't have much to offer on the pokers. If you don't believe me check with leo or surf doc.
confirmed. the "taking forever to fill up tubes" is ridiculous and has much more to do with the blood drawing technique or needle size than anything related to blood pressure.
surfdoc is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 08:17 AM   #346
The DaveR
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
The DaveR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: You stay there
Posts: 19,161
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkypete View Post
that number hasn't been in use since july... but it is as of an hour ago, temporarily
USA 6
Finland 1
The DaveR is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 09:02 AM   #347
Sailboats
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: March Low-Content Thread

So... does the commerce or any casino cash checks?
 
Old 03-12-2010, 10:29 AM   #348
that_pope
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
that_pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: At Casino AZ Again
Posts: 31,813
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertCat View Post

He was nice enough to give me half the pot anyways, which must have been doubly painful for him given how bad he's run the last two days.
Nothing personal DC, you know I like you and wish I could be playing and running like you, but....

You know you are a live one when...
that_pope is online now  
Old 03-12-2010, 02:37 PM   #349
DesertCat
I am a Regulator
 
DesertCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 13,540
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by that_pope View Post
Nothing personal DC, you know I like you and wish I could be playing and running like you, but....

You know you are a live one when...
I'm setting him up. I let him outplay me in pot after pot for weeks on end until I get the nuts and say

"arrrrrr innnn"!
DesertCat is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 02:57 PM   #350
9.5fingershuffle
Pooh-Bah
 
9.5fingershuffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Trapped in a newspaper palace.
Posts: 5,350
Re: March Low-Content Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailboats View Post
So... does the commerce or any casino cash checks?
Im pretty sure the commerce does, but only during business hours.
9.5fingershuffle is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive