Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Mid-High Stakes Limit Discussions of mid-high stakes limit Texas Hold'em

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2019, 05:33 PM   #376
reaper6788
Pooh-Bah
 
reaper6788's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: bring online back to US!
Posts: 3,772
Re: 2019 HI CONTENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
Actually I think I know what you meant when you say that. The problem isn't you not getting enough hands frequently it that is playing live you get 35 hands per hour vs 120 hand online(what i am getting this year). But if we were to compare being dealt 100 hands of online vs live 100 hands there no difference. Of course there an illusion that you being hand dead in a course of a session.
Oh yeah this isn't an argument to play more hands against a bad player live than you'd play online. It's an argument to play more hands against a bad player in general, online or live.

However, if your edge against the bad live player is even greater than against a bad online player then you should play even more hands.
reaper6788 is offline  
Old 11-24-2019, 08:33 PM   #377
checkraisdraw
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 976
Re: 2019 HI CONTENT

Interesting session I just played. Went down to -2900 and left -45, most of which I got back in the last 3 hours of a 24 hour session. My favorite lowlight was losing with pocket aces when I made the nut flush against 78 who flopped a straight on 456 all diamonds and rivered a 3 diamond for the straight flush.
checkraisdraw is offline  
Old 11-25-2019, 11:13 PM   #378
Rob...Chill
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 172
Re: 2019 HI CONTENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
I am drunk but super tilting every time I sit and play I get btn at least once every single ****.ing day.
I'd pay over $100 a day if it meant i got buttoned once a day online
Rob...Chill is offline  
Old 12-07-2019, 06:37 PM   #379
maka2184
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,009
Re: 2019 HI CONTENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob...Chill View Post
I'd pay over $100 a day if it meant i got buttoned once a day online
Minus one I disagree.
I'm a stingy NIT TAG but I would annualize $100 a day bum hunted then be semi tilted.

With that to each their own Rob..Chill

DonJuan will always be my HERO/role model for his achievements to crush online LHE in 2019 at those BB/100 epic graphs.
maka2184 is offline  
Old 12-07-2019, 08:00 PM   #380
Abbaddabba
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5,744
Re: 2019 HI CONTENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
reg sit empty table they always start w btn. Some regs think as long as they play more than xx hands they can leave on btn if they want. Imagine two player just started playing head up and for some reason the BB player always sit out after playing BB and his btn but then sit back in again and new game start. After 51 hands the player that begin with btn decided he want to quit do you see that this scenario and playing straight 51 hand is the same and that btn would be stealing. It been common courtesy no matter how many hands you play if you start with btn you let the other person end with btn.
You call it a common courtesy and yet many others don't.

Maybe it's not actually that common?

I'd support a fix to the software where, if you played your last hand HU as the sb, then the next person you play heads up is hard set to making you the bb (and if your opponent is also hard set to being the bb, then it randomizes, and the person who is awarded the sb will be hard set as the bb for the next 2 players you sit against). Easy fix.

But probably not something they'd care enough to add into the software because it affects less than a dozen people on the whole site and none of them will play less because of it. In fact discouraging the grim might even reduce rake by virtue of curbing volume of hands from people doing it to nickel and dime the regs.
Abbaddabba is offline  
Old 12-10-2019, 12:43 PM   #381
maka2184
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,009
Re: 2019 HI CONTENT

Thank lord for cigs & coffee / green tea.

Got sick eating 7 egg omelet 3 weeks past best by date.

HOWEVER

booked 1k win per 2 and a half hour hit and run

More importantly, thank lord company I work is I swear counter cyclical sometimes
maka2184 is offline  
Old 12-19-2019, 03:56 PM   #382
TheDarkKnight
veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Gotham
Posts: 2,342
Re: 2019 HI CONTENT

Iíve crossed paths with rodeo a bit over the years but I think yesterday was the first time Iíve played an extended session with him and it was a sight to behold.
TheDarkKnight is offline  
Old 12-19-2019, 05:29 PM   #383
JLot
journeyman
 
JLot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 204
Re: 2019 HI CONTENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
Iíve crossed paths with rodeo a bit over the years but I think yesterday was the first time Iíve played an extended session with him and it was a sight to behold.
Was he drunk and spewing chips from multiple orifices? I've never played with him but that's how I picture him for some reason.
JLot is offline  
Old 12-19-2019, 08:45 PM   #384
TheDarkKnight
veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Gotham
Posts: 2,342
Re: 2019 HI CONTENT

Naw... he was playing an extremely LAG and exploitative style and crushing faces... totally running over the game... I know itís not like that every session and Iím sure his variance can be extreme at times, but man, I was super impressed. He had me rethinking my approach for sure.
TheDarkKnight is offline  
Old 12-20-2019, 12:26 AM   #385
rodeo
veteran
 
rodeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: i'll tell you when i get there
Posts: 3,305
Re: 2019 HI CONTENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLot View Post
Was he drunk and spewing chips from multiple orifices? I've never played with him but that's how I picture him for some reason.


You have played with me! Mwahahahaha!
rodeo is offline  
Old 12-20-2019, 02:02 PM   #386
rodeo
veteran
 
rodeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: i'll tell you when i get there
Posts: 3,305
Re: 2019 HI CONTENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
Iíve crossed paths with rodeo a bit over the years but I think yesterday was the first time Iíve played an extended session with him and it was a sight to behold.


Fun playing with you, man. Happy holidays!
rodeo is offline  
Old 12-22-2019, 03:41 PM   #387
TheDarkKnight
veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Gotham
Posts: 2,342
Re: 2019 HI CONTENT

30/60 @ Last Frontier (La Center, WA) Trip Report w/ Rodeo
TheDarkKnight is offline  
Old 12-23-2019, 02:35 PM   #388
rodeo
veteran
 
rodeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: i'll tell you when i get there
Posts: 3,305
Re: 2019 HI CONTENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post


Thanks for your kind words. Happy holidays!
rodeo is offline  
Old 12-24-2019, 04:38 PM   #389
holmfries
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canterbury
Posts: 6,030
Re: 2019 HI CONTENT

Man 4 bet the JJ hand PF
holmfries is offline  
Old 12-24-2019, 07:02 PM   #390
TheDarkKnight
veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Gotham
Posts: 2,342
2019 HI CONTENT

Imagine playing like a total nit all day long in a game you have no history in and then doing someone like rodeo the favor of narrowing your range by capping it HUFTA against an expert hand reader.

Or we can just call and have every two card combo in our range because we raised when it folded to our post in the cutoff.

Good advice though.
TheDarkKnight is offline  
Old 12-25-2019, 09:28 AM   #391
tw2238
old hand
 
tw2238's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Nh Sir
Posts: 1,863
Re: 2019 HI CONTENT

30 hands per hour will make you look like a nit .
tw2238 is offline  
Old 12-25-2019, 12:37 PM   #392
reaper6788
Pooh-Bah
 
reaper6788's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: bring online back to US!
Posts: 3,772
Re: 2019 HI CONTENT

Nice TR Dark Knight. I'm in the Seattle area so it was nice to read about some WA card rooms. Playing mostly 1/3 NL these days at Fortune, not rolled for 20/40 but I dust off the LHE at 8/16 now and again.
reaper6788 is offline  
Old 12-25-2019, 03:19 PM   #393
reaper6788
Pooh-Bah
 
reaper6788's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: bring online back to US!
Posts: 3,772
Re: 2019 HI CONTENT

PS, dark Knight have you read *winning in tough Holdem games*? Your description of rodeo's play sounds pretty typical for someone who has studied the concepts talked about in that book and if I remember correctly consensus is that the recommendations in that book were still pretty nitty compared to approximately optimal play.

Rodeo is probably way beyond that book in his thinking about the game, but the wide 3betting and aggressive semibluffing you describe sounds par for the course.

I'm pretty sure a coach could tell almost any player "you don't 3-bet and semibluff enough" and be correct. Especially in limit when the incentive to 3 bet is just so so so high (chop up blind w/villain and almost guarantee position for minor incremental investment).
reaper6788 is offline  
Old 12-25-2019, 04:30 PM   #394
checkraisdraw
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 976
Re: 2019 HI CONTENT

Nice trip report. I also would not have 4bet pre.
checkraisdraw is offline  
Old 12-26-2019, 02:25 AM   #395
TheDarkKnight
veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Gotham
Posts: 2,342
Re: 2019 HI CONTENT

reaper, 3-betting light and semi-bluffing is pretty standard stuff - especially when you are heads up in position. When I play LHE, I consider myself to be Lagtag and borderline LAG, but in that 30/60 sesh I was a straight up nit.

I would not consider rodeo TAG at all. I saw him showing up with 42 suited in raised pots outside of the blinds and 3-betting (or maybe even 4-betting) from the blinds in multi-way pots with 98 suited. Thatís some really outside the box stuff imo. I was experimenting with it a bit over the last week with mixed results. Iím not sure I can ever be the guy that is calling raises with 42s but 3-betting suited connectors multi-way is interesting to me.
TheDarkKnight is offline  
Old 12-26-2019, 02:39 AM   #396
that_pope
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
that_pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Not At Casino AZ
Posts: 31,267
Re: 2019 HI CONTENT

If you fold your big blind with 42s, then gg, you've reached your max earning potential.
that_pope is offline  
Old 12-26-2019, 10:08 AM   #397
DougL
Too helpful for this post
 
DougL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 21,789
Re: 2019 HI CONTENT

To be fair, Rodeo saw Tpiranha win a huge pot vs all of us with his first hand in the game with 42s. Clearly, end bosses play 42s like it is their job. He 3 bet or 4 bet it and then played it like AA... until it was better than AA and the he played it like the nuts.
DougL is offline  
Old 12-26-2019, 12:03 PM   #398
reaper6788
Pooh-Bah
 
reaper6788's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: bring online back to US!
Posts: 3,772
Re: 2019 HI CONTENT

Would love to see the strat theory behind raising as low as 42s outside of the blinds.

In the blinds v a button raise I can see defending it.
reaper6788 is offline  
Old 12-26-2019, 02:00 PM   #399
bicyclekick
luckbox
 
bicyclekick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: waiting to ski
Posts: 7,063
Re: 2019 HI CONTENT

its negative ev outside of the blinds dont hurt yourself trying to make semse of it
bicyclekick is offline  
Old 12-26-2019, 02:40 PM   #400
reaper6788
Pooh-Bah
 
reaper6788's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: bring online back to US!
Posts: 3,772
Re: 2019 HI CONTENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicyclekick View Post
its negative ev outside of the blinds dont hurt yourself trying to make semse of it
So, Shania or very targeted exploit play?
reaper6788 is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive