Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Computer Technical Help Post your questions about computer hardware and software and configuring same here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2017, 06:02 PM   #1
ffr
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,144
Setup Yahoo mail in iOS with "push" working???

I haven't been able to setup a Yahoo mail account on my iPhone with the push feature working.

I'm able to set the account up on my iPhone to where it works other than the push feature. I can send mail just fine, but when I want to check if I have email, I have to open the mail app and refresh. It will not notify me when new emails arrive.

Have any of you been able to get a yahoo mail account setup so you automatically are notified as soon as you get new email?


Thanks for any help!
ffr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 07:38 PM   #2
DCJ001
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,286
Re: Setup Yahoo mail in iOS with "push" working???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffr View Post
I haven't been able to setup a Yahoo mail account on my iPhone with the push feature working.

I'm able to set the account up on my iPhone to where it works other than the push feature. I can send mail just fine, but when I want to check if I have email, I have to open the mail app and refresh. It will not notify me when new emails arrive.

Have any of you been able to get a yahoo mail account setup so you automatically are notified as soon as you get new email?


Thanks for any help!
The Yahoo app for iOS has worked great for me with regard to push notifications for email.

But, because Yahoo mail accounts have been repeatedly hacked, I closed my Yahoo account, and deleted the app.
DCJ001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:27 AM   #3
ffr
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,144
Re: Setup Yahoo mail in iOS with "push" working???

Anyone else have yahoo mail on their iphone or ipad? Have you guys been receiving emails as soon as they arrive? Or do you need to open the mail app and refresh to receive new messages.

I need to figure out how to get push working as I need to know when I have new emails without needing to go and open the mail app.


Thanks!!!
ffr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:25 AM   #4
Noodle Wazlib
just about tolerable
 
Noodle Wazlib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Drowning in robot chocolate
Posts: 10,337
Re: Setup Yahoo mail in iOS with "push" working???

Two of my gmail accounts don't even have the option for push while my hotmail does. I just assumed email providers can either support it or not.
Noodle Wazlib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:34 PM   #5
ffr
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,144
Re: Setup Yahoo mail in iOS with "push" working???

Noodle - The option is in your mail settings on your iPhone (or iPad) when using your Apple "Mail" app. gmail push should work without any problems on your iphone.

Yahoo mail is another story. I can't seem to get it working with the push feature so I wanted to check here to see if anyone else had yahoo working with push on their iPhone or iPad.
ffr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:05 PM   #6
Noodle Wazlib
just about tolerable
 
Noodle Wazlib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Drowning in robot chocolate
Posts: 10,337
Re: Setup Yahoo mail in iOS with "push" working???

I know where to go to change the setting. I can change it on my hotmail account. It's just that push isn't an option for gmail accounts for me.
Noodle Wazlib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:17 PM   #7
thunderbolts
veteran
 
thunderbolts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,404
Re: Setup Yahoo mail in iOS with "push" working???

Around the time of iOS 9 (I think) Google disabled push for some if not all Gmail accounts. There are rumours that iOS 11 will sort this out. If you have a pre-change Apple device then Gmail may still work, but if you move to a new device you'll find you can't (currently) set up push for Gmail in the Mail app.

As for Yahoo, push is no longer supported in the Apple Mail app (and they want you to use their own app). From what I understand some Yahoo users find that push in iOS works sometimes; otherwise have no push service at all (but emails will pull successfully when you open the iOS Mail app).
thunderbolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:56 PM   #8
DCJ001
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,286
Re: Setup Yahoo mail in iOS with "push" working???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle Wazlib View Post
Two of my gmail accounts don't even have the option for push while my hotmail does. I just assumed email providers can either support it or not.
I believe that iOS 11 will support push notifications for gmail in the iOS Mail app.
DCJ001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:58 PM   #9
DCJ001
veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,286
Re: Setup Yahoo mail in iOS with "push" working???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffr View Post
Noodle - The option is in your mail settings on your iPhone (or iPad) when using your Apple "Mail" app. gmail push should work without any problems on your iphone.

Yahoo mail is another story. I can't seem to get it working with the push feature so I wanted to check here to see if anyone else had yahoo working with push on their iPhone or iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle Wazlib View Post
I know where to go to change the setting. I can change it on my hotmail account. It's just that push isn't an option for gmail accounts for me.
Push notifications for gmail does not work in iOS 10 unless you have a paid gmail account.
DCJ001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online