Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Who are the bad SE p0sters? DRAFT Who are the bad SE p0sters? DRAFT

04-24-2013 , 02:04 PM
Besides trainwreckog, who are the bad SE posters?

[x] is clueless
[x] argues the wrong position every time
[ ] has had a good post ever
[x] so AIDS pretty much all of TZ and SE has ignored him to the point where nobody even discusses him anymore
[x] name appropriate
[ ] is permabanned (????)

The only thing preventing him from being the most AIDS thing ever on the internet is that he contains himself in basketball threads.

This is the only poster that people don't even recognize because he's so bad - with Systolic and others people actually reacted to them and got their jimmies rustled - this dude just inspires massive amounts of ignoring.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the most undisupted active AIDS poster:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwreckog
rwb > cp3
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwreckog
people still saying harden is as good as rwb?

here's a few reasons why rwb is easily better:


1) rwb has a motor and is eager for the big game/moment, whereas harden has a low motor and isn't eager for the big moment;

it's "just another play/game" for harden cause he's so cool.


2) rwb's is an elite talent that still has upside in the skill department.

harden is something less than an elite talent, with less upside in the skill department.


3) harden's style is that of a SMALL pg (dribble intensive AND he finishes at the rim like a small guard), whereas rwb's style is that of a BIG pg (he also employs a dribble-intensive pg style, but he finishes at the rim like a big guard/forward).

this is huge because it makes rwb more effective against higher levels of comp and just a more dominant player in general..

i.e. in general, players like tony parker and steph curry - small guards - are not capable of being as dominant as wade, kobe, and yes, rwb.
.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwreckog
posters itt get mad when i blow one of their beloved theories out of the water, like i did with cp3 or steve nash's pnr bs. i don't hear anyone talking about nash's pnr brilliance anymore.

instead, i see the same posters talk about nash floor-spreading like it was common knowledge the whole time. i imagine when harden's numbers are lower in the playoffs this year and houston gets blownied in the first round, i will see the same thing again.. like it was common knowledge the whole time. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwreckog
rwb haters where are they

durant is a standstill jumpshooter. anyone have stats on his accuracy off the bounce? i bet it isn't that great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwreckog
for most laker fans, the reason they first started liking the lakers was as simple as "wow, that team is in hollywood... look at those cool colors... hollywood... i like.."

then the media's similar bias only adds fuel to the dumbness fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwreckog
dude let me get some that shooting touch. my range extends to 15 feet and that's it. i stopped working on 3pt shooting a few years ago when i realized i was wasting a lot of time doing so. i had to admit to myself that i just wasn't ever meant to shoot 3's, lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwreckog
those PER stats reflect the style of game harden is playing in houston and the situation he's in. in another system or with different teammates, his stats plummet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwreckog
okc will never be a championship team until durant vastly improves his post game. i mean i feel like i want durant to morph into dirk right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwreckog
i think the whole point at the end of the day is that no team would allow themselves to get beat by 3 pt shooting.

it is too easy to take away.

the entire concept of shooting a ton of 3's and having a better chance of winning is completely ludicrous in reality. teams would simply guard the 3-pt shot tighter, then misses ensue - problem solved.

how can no one see this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwreckog
i think the problem is that most posters can only use stats to support their assertions, and i use basketball arguments. so they don't know how to argue with me, so they try to get me banned.

learn to use basketball arguments and i think most posters won't mind me on here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwreckog
this is not exactly an open-minded forum.

the consensus in itt is that harden is somehow better than rwb, so if someone comes on here to say otherwise, they get trolled on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwreckog
oh gimme a break. there are so many examples of where i was right and everyone itt moved on as if the argument wasn't even brought up.

most of my arguments don't even get responses, like my cp3 small guard argument, which is spot on, but which the only argument i ever get back is "ban this guy." just like this rwb harden argument. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwreckog
funny thing is that my eye tests normally prove correct. remember when we were arguing who had more upside between wall and rubio a year or so ago?

bet you guys forget that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwreckog
you guys are so short-sighted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwreckog
top healthy domestic centers in order

isaiah austin
georgi dieng
alex len
steven adams
mitch mcgary
cody zeller
mason plumlee
kelly olynk
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwreckog
the only thing about olynk is that he is the only big on the board that has the big hands, allowing him the capability of drop-stepping, and then dropping the ball in the hoop with touch over another big - which to me is the most important thing i look for when considering the offensive potential of a big.

diengi would be 2nd in this category as he has this capability a bit as well.

all the offensive bigs in the league can do this (duncan, bynum, shaq, brook lopez, oh, and mj as a guard did this as a standard, etc.) whereas the non-offensive bigs can't (dwight howard, anthony davis, nerlens, etc).

so olynk could easily surprise me and be much higher on the board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwreckog
in today's game, there is basically two types of guards. playmakers, and shooters/catch-and-go finishers (forget the post up).

the reason oladipo compares to beal/mclemore, is because he is a shooter/catch-and-go finisher as opposed to a playmaker.

okay, so he can't shoot nearly as good as beal/mclemore who are elite in that department (or headed that way), but he is still a shooter/catch-and-go finisher like them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwreckog
wiggins looks severely overrated. tiny hands. looks like a gerald green.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwreckog
too bad durant is currently incapable of taking over a game for 4 quarters because now he will lose out on the scoring lead to someone who can. funny coincidence, the player that beats him has the best pull-up jumper, maybe ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwreckog
again - the thunder are vulnerable to deep and/or good teams that can play fast uptempo and outgun them. so in the west denver and yes, HOUSTON, both have a solid chance to beat the thunder. maybe even the clips.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwreckog
and no one will agree with this until next year when harden's numbers are down a bit, but harden had the best year statistically he will have with the rockets.

this is the least pressure he'll ever face, this is the most green light he'll ever have, and the most off-guard he'll ever catch the rest of the league. and next year he'll have to share the ball more with some big free agent probably. that rockets roster will continue to improve. and we know harden has no problem deferring cause he's unselfish and he's done it before.

and kobe is a better basketball player than harden. kobe's game has so many more wrinkles. harden's game is much simpler and i feel has the potential to get shut down the way bron's did in 2011 vs dallas - harden's simple game is susceptible to this, kobe's much less so. did you guys read the article clarknasty posted about teams packing the paint? that's what shut bron down in 2011 vs dallas - let's see how harden mitigates this in the playoffs.
This is just a subsample of ****ty quotes this gentleman brings, I only had to look at 5 search pages for this material
Who are the bad SE p0sters? DRAFT Quote
04-24-2013 , 02:04 PM
Took him way too long to get permaed. God he was so bad.
Who are the bad SE p0sters? DRAFT Quote
04-24-2013 , 02:05 PM
Lol @ awful pick. Being WOAT for a short period>>>being bad for a longer period.
Who are the bad SE p0sters? DRAFT Quote
04-24-2013 , 02:06 PM
Systolic was hilarious, the only reason any of you think he's WOAT is because he was the greatest at rustlin' those jimmies. He was definitely a self-aware troll.
Who are the bad SE p0sters? DRAFT Quote
04-24-2013 , 02:07 PM
write ups are delivering

systolic not even the worst nfl homer on the board but hard to get mad at any pick with that much effort put into the write up
Who are the bad SE p0sters? DRAFT Quote
04-24-2013 , 02:09 PM
man if trainwreck posted in other sports he'd be the most obvious pick of all time
Who are the bad SE p0sters? DRAFT Quote
04-24-2013 , 02:10 PM
this is an attractive thread for sure
Who are the bad SE p0sters? DRAFT Quote
04-24-2013 , 02:12 PM
trainwreckdog
Who are the bad SE p0sters? DRAFT Quote
04-24-2013 , 02:17 PM
raids>systolic as a pick

systolic was one dimensional, didn't hit nearly enough threads or post enough

same for twog probably

both great 2nd/3rd rounders

doesn't really matter tho, bad posting is bad posting and writeups are funny
Who are the bad SE p0sters? DRAFT Quote
04-24-2013 , 02:18 PM
systolic is a first round talent for sure. Good argument for #2 overall. My #1 is still on the board though.
Who are the bad SE p0sters? DRAFT Quote
04-24-2013 , 02:19 PM
Now there are many ways I can go with this pick but I'm looking for the creme de la creme, the Magic Johnson of AIDS.

While this pick may come as a surprise to a number of you people, my pick undoubtedly predicted he would be selected here.

CINCH

The legendary CINCH makes UNDRAFTED BANNED TINY ASIAN 2P2 POSTER seem tame by comparison. He will attempt to outwit you (he won't), he'll attempt to use big words to hide his ******ation (won't work) and like that CHECK.

He's the man who has started numerous threads which have been locked in <10 posts.

He's labeled himself the NEW SHERIFF OF SE



Quote:
I'm the new sheriff on this forum. A quick glance at my pet subjects and it pretty much speaks for itself as to why. You can call me "Law Dog" if you want, or as my friendly local dealers do, "Mr. Cinch."

Thankyouverymuch.

Mr. Cinch
He's been known to provide expert level scouting reports

Quote:
Yeah, five cuts all for being right about something everyone said was ridiculous. See if the mathematical geniuses can spot a trend in that one. Anyway, hope you played along on some of the year long heater that finally died a fiery death in the SEC schedule this year, and continued with NY Giant folderino this week, etc. etc. I know the flip side when I see it, real quick and kept an eye out for it for almost the whole year that the heater rampaged. Let me finally tell you how hot I was... all I had to do was think it and it happened. So I predicted the main event winner for the WSOP and actually expected it to hit. When it didn't, I kind of shook my head. They'll win it in the future though with at least more certainty than John Wall is the second coming. Check.
Quote:
No, all the fawing of "best ever pg prospect" were the ones with the one possible path thing. I woke them up with his gargantuan weaknesses, which are and were attitude, fragility, and shooting. Not to even spell out the developmental problems associated with regarding yourself as the second-coming since you were 14.

Interesting that you are backing way off the nearly universal gaudy assessment with he "shows flashes." "Best thing since sliced bread" is a much more accurate assessment of the book on the guy last year. This in spite of the fact that he continually played games where he could not buy anything but a layup. his jumper often looked like some kind of alley-oop just thrown towards the rim, and that off-the-charts "me" thing which does not play well, baby prima donnas in the locker room.

He's got a shot. I spelled out his down side and his down side is showing itself mightily. It could get a lot worse, or, the greatest thing since sliced bread since he was 14 might work his way up toward the dozen or so point guards he can't even be compared to.



Overrated, period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinch
What would you say the stats I quoted there about Bush indicate then???? The guy has no speed, is no breakaway threat, reads holes pitifully and hesitatingly, and his teammates and coaches wonder exactly what is going on in the guys head, let alone his body. He one of the worst runners in the NFL, documented.

And has there ever been a 5.7 yard average per reception in the NFL? I'm sure there has been, but let's put it in the one percentile range.

When he turned the corner at USC, or returned a kick, it looked like he was shot out of a cannon. Now it looks like he's in slow motion. And he just happens to have one of those body builder physiques. You figure it out.

In that famed playoff play where Bush caught and ran an 80 yard or so TD and taunted Urlacher late in the run, for the first 50 yards of that run it was a sprint for a shot at the Super Bowl. Bush made up no ground on Urlacher for the 50 yards. None. Everybody just shook their head.

The guys not a player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinch
Titans 20-17

VY
Great legs: check.
Accurate arm: check.
Height and quick release overcome sidearm motion: check.
Tremendous stamina: check.

Can overcome psychological fragility to sustain? Big question mark. Bravo, Vince. My favorite ever colllege player.

He's been known to even RUSTLE some of SE ROYALTY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steroid Boy
CINCH JUST SHUT THE **** UP NOONE GIVES A **** ABOUT ANYTHING YOU EVER SAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinch
A. Speak for yourself
B. Grow up
C. It's superior awareness that tilts you
D. All of the above
He is a supporter of women's basketball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinch
A more meaningful number in regard to this streak is probably 131. That's what somebody called something like Wayland Baptist won when while playing at the pinnacle of the women's game of their day. That's the record UConn is after and they could get it some time late next year if it continues. But they ain't "breaking" the UCLA record streak.

I do like the coverage of the UCLA dynasty that is resulting from all this, however. I wonder how many appreciate the incredibly regal nature of the Bruin program in those years... just seeing the powder blue and gold uniforms with Walton working the paint, somehow even more so the Wicks and Rowe years when they ran the table on titles sans a player of the ridiculous Alcindor or Walton ilk...it reminds me of how invaluable observing such a dynasty was for understanding a winning mentality.

Everybody has their two cents on the subject, but for me I can't see any period so critcial to handicapping sports performance as just those years, early-to-mid '70s. The peak of the Bruin dynasty was only a part of it...throw in the OU-NU game of the century, Ali-Frazier I, Secretariat, Comaneci/Korbut, Bobby Fischer...it was just an incredibly ripe period for seeing absolute pureness in sport and I can't imagine the period being toppped. (And I'll have to say tangentially that that Diana Tarausi of UConn was not far from Jordan or Russell in terms of "just get out of the way, this is a motherblanking 'W' for us...whatever it takes, that's what happens on this floor." It was winning on the mind in its ultimate form and expression.)

So if some maniac comes along that claims outlier status having forged his predictive powers in such a crucible and hotbed of nearly eerie sports performance, maybe that ain't a joke. Maybe that consciousness is the one that filters it all more effectively than can even be imagined by rote statistical and power ratings. He's looking for something different. The funnel of his consciousness is weeding out differently, and down at the bottom, if something gets there and it say's "pure," by gawd, it's something real, real, real close to pure.

Yea, if such an observer eliminates number one-seeds as dead money in title runs, produces reports of false favorites in championship games, even does the ridiculous of claiming John Wall will likely be injury prone, is one of the most vulnerable "superstars" to ever come into the league and have a very disappointing NBA career - all for which he is roundly mocked by the integral champs - take heed. A master capper is a real and beautiful thing.

And its teams and performance like with this UConn bunch that makes it all worthwhile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinch
Point of fact you probably picked the one streak to compare this too that is less meaningful than the UCLA one.

Keeping it real.........CHECK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinch
Geno's got a lot more going on than that, it seems.

You are citing some pretty bizarre money lines on the UConn games. These guys around here are real smart on stuff like that and you may get some negative feedback about the alleged thousand-to-one or so lines. I'm warning you: They are just outstanding at this around here.

Oh, you were exaggerating for effect and they like to intentionally miss the point to flash their half-bogus mathematical acumen? Surely not!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinch
I can't follow this the streak is illegit because they can't beat the men. Following that premise, all the great women's golf and its records are meaningless because they can't beat the men, all the great women's tennis, Martina, Steffi, Williams sisters, Seles, are all meaningless because they can't be the men, etc. etc. It's bogus.

Too much mixing of the fact that they can't beat the men with the phenomenon of the streak in their own sport, which is women's basketball. Point of fact (one of my new favorite catch phrases): Somebody starts bashing the women's game and the UConn streak in one full swoop because they can't beat the Walton Gang ain't adding much to the discourse.

Oh yeah. Check.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinch
THE STREAK is legit, just as legit as the UCLA streak, though unrelated, and the fact that men can beat women (180-7 in this case by one esteemed handicapper above) is unrelated to all of it yet it seems to be the focal point of the discussion with calculator types. They don't know their apples from their oranges; maybe if there were some fruit icons on their calculators they'd figure it out.

Preach it, Cinch. They're lost in a maze of ambiguity and when the answer is not a number their cluelessness is scary. Okay, check.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinch
Point of fact: Geno flashes his arrogance, bordering on outright contempt for the reality of his actual humble status in the bigger picture of life, in the post-game presser and convo with prez. This is a veneer. Now, the man is ultra-competitive, and that's a good and admirable thing, but in the extreme it becomes a defense and a shell for the vulnerable ego which in fact is not god-like outside of the one other-worldly arena in which he performs. See Fischer and many others. The difference here is the difference between true greatness and specialized excellence. Geno is no Wooden on this.

So in my opinion Auriema is no great sportsman in the Wooden/Lombardi/ Bud Wilkinson/Bobby Jones mold, but is simply a great producer of winning basketball teams.

It's kind of like Phil Hellmuth versus Chip Reese. Winning is not winning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinch
Tuq,

Which part are you having trouble with? First it might help if you tell me if you are one of the sober mods or one of the drunk ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinch
Funny that you would show up. You're what they thought I was, that is, until the action proved to be the toughest on the planet.

Now pay attention: the cited Game of the Century at the top was in 1946. What century is that? The discussion also morphed into greatest game of all time regardless of century, specifically so stated by humble OP. Also, spelling is not important on internet chat rooms but is helpful when insulting other posters.

Say something that makes me think you are worth one letter from my language cortex.
Who are the bad SE p0sters? DRAFT Quote
04-24-2013 , 02:21 PM
Solid pick
Who are the bad SE p0sters? DRAFT Quote
04-24-2013 , 02:22 PM
Cinch was my 2/3 pick, none of the others are gone
Who are the bad SE p0sters? DRAFT Quote
04-24-2013 , 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steroid Boy

He is a supporter of women's basketball.
the man makes a good case
Who are the bad SE p0sters? DRAFT Quote
04-24-2013 , 02:25 PM
Wish you included some of his epic wrongness on JOHN WALL
Who are the bad SE p0sters? DRAFT Quote
04-24-2013 , 02:26 PM
SB just delivering the lulz so far

Who are the bad SE p0sters? DRAFT Quote
04-24-2013 , 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by digables
Wish you included some of his epic wrongness on JOHN WALL
I stand corrected SB. I read over that first part I guess



I put the screws on ol' Cinch in that 'scouting john wall' discussion

poor guy was gone shortly after

lesson learned, don't come at WALL
Who are the bad SE p0sters? DRAFT Quote
04-24-2013 , 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by digables
Wish you included some of his epic wrongness on JOHN WALL
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/46...-check-943673/
Who are the bad SE p0sters? DRAFT Quote
04-24-2013 , 02:29 PM
Solid picks and, more importantly, great writeups on this page. Enjoyed this twd post from sometime in the last week re: NBA Draft 2013:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwreckog
imo, think vince carter and shawn respert when evaluating prospects

trey burke is like respert, thj and grob III are like vince to me
The patented twd eyetest.
Who are the bad SE p0sters? DRAFT Quote
04-24-2013 , 02:34 PM
not relevant to the draft but cinch also did some amazing work in sports betting. he was the king of making sick bets months after the game was already played.
Who are the bad SE p0sters? DRAFT Quote
04-24-2013 , 02:34 PM
cinch is a first rounder for sure.
Who are the bad SE p0sters? DRAFT Quote
04-24-2013 , 02:40 PM
I have to say, compared to the halcyon days of Cinch and some other undrafteds, bad posting in SE is at an all time low. trainwreckdog and RAIDS are bad posters, but they can't hold a candle to Cinch and his peers
Who are the bad SE p0sters? DRAFT Quote
04-24-2013 , 02:41 PM
incremental banning system
Who are the bad SE p0sters? DRAFT Quote
04-24-2013 , 02:41 PM
Good god that is some BAD posting
Who are the bad SE p0sters? DRAFT Quote
04-24-2013 , 02:46 PM
annie on dat clock. 2 hrs from prev. pick
Who are the bad SE p0sters? DRAFT Quote

      
m