Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome of the game?
Falcons win; over 37 32.17%
Falcons win; under 15 13.04%
Pats win, don't cover; over 3 2.61%
Pats win, don't cover; under 7 6.09%
Pats cover; over 20 17.39%
Pats cover; under 33 28.70%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2017, 10:08 AM   #76
Onlydo2days
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 16,698
Re: SUPER BOWL LI: GOOD (+3) vs. EVIL (o/u 58)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneel B4 Zod View Post
Indy defense was by far the worst unit in that game

not sure which game you're referring to from 3 years ago but I offhand I thought that game was a decent comp. below are full season DVOA but both defenses playing better now than those full season ranks

Falcons this year: Offense 1, Defense 27
Pats this year: Offense 2, Defense 16

Colts 04: Offense 1, Defense 19
Pats 04: Offense 3, Defense 7
I mean, it's a decent comp for the units sure.

It also took place in a snow storm and NE had 1 of the best running games in the league as well as a top front 7.

This will take place on a neutral field with no weather conditions.
Onlydo2days is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:27 AM   #77
bazooka87
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bazooka87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mickmacking
Posts: 20,570
Re: SUPER BOWL LI: GOOD (+3) vs. EVIL (o/u 58)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneel B4 Zod View Post
Indy defense was by far the worst unit in that game

not sure which game you're referring to from 3 years ago but I offhand I thought that game was a decent comp. below are full season DVOA but both defenses playing better now than those full season ranks

Falcons this year: Offense 1, Defense 27
Pats this year: Offense 2, Defense 16

Colts 04: Offense 1, Defense 19
Pats 04: Offense 3, Defense 7
Oh just the game, dumb on my part thought it was whole season obviously. And dumb part two, didn't realise NE defense in 2013 was not all that good so I'm just gonna shut up
bazooka87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:38 AM   #78
Onlydo2days
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 16,698
Re: SUPER BOWL LI: GOOD (+3) vs. EVIL (o/u 58)

2012 and 2013 defense was much better with Talib who couldn't stay healthy.

Got hurt early in both AFCCG
Onlydo2days is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:59 AM   #79
heh
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
heh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Close enough
Posts: 10,258
Re: SUPER BOWL LI: GOOD (+3) vs. EVIL (o/u 58)

Malcolm Butler is a stud, doe.
heh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:24 AM   #80
Kneel B4 Zod
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Kneel B4 Zod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 27,952
Re: SUPER BOWL LI: GOOD (+3) vs. EVIL (o/u 58)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlydo2days View Post
I mean, it's a decent comp for the units sure.

It also took place in a snow storm and NE had 1 of the best running games in the league as well as a top front 7.

This will take place on a neutral field with no weather conditions.
that game was the pinnacle of the Pats 'next man up'. played without both starting CB's (including Ty Law) and Richard Seymour. Troy Brown was playing meaningful snaps on defense (had 3 INT that year).
Kneel B4 Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:25 AM   #81
Onlydo2days
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 16,698
Re: SUPER BOWL LI: GOOD (+3) vs. EVIL (o/u 58)

Falcons defense is the wild card to me.

When the matchup first came out it looked like their D vs NEs O was a major mismatch.

But going through game logs it seems like they've given up a ton of garbage time offense to teams like NO and Carolina.

Weren't too many games this year that their defense was just owned.
Onlydo2days is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:39 AM   #82
heh
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
heh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Close enough
Posts: 10,258
Re: SUPER BOWL LI: GOOD (+3) vs. EVIL (o/u 58)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlydo2days View Post
Falcons defense is the wild card to me.

When the matchup first came out it looked like their D vs NEs O was a major mismatch.

But going through game logs it seems like they've given up a ton of garbage time offense to teams like NO and Carolina.

Weren't too many games this year that their defense was just owned.
If ATL ends up falling back on a cover 3 without getting significant pressure up the middle, I think it's going to be a brutal outing.
But if they can mix in a lot of man coverage and have it work, then they could end up successful.
heh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:57 AM   #83
AUGUY55
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AUGUY55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: All aboard^
Posts: 21,209
Re: SUPER BOWL LI: GOOD (+3) vs. EVIL (o/u 58)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatrich View Post
most from one college playing in the super bowl?

Rutgers--5

How many ex cleveland browns players are in this game?

5.

Also the browns ended up trading away Julio Jones for nothing.

and kyle shanahan was let go out of his browns contract to atl with 0 compensation

and we all know about BB


Also, Tom Brady has never lost to Atlanta
AUGUY55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 12:00 PM   #84
AUGUY55
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AUGUY55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: All aboard^
Posts: 21,209
Re: SUPER BOWL LI: GOOD (+3) vs. EVIL (o/u 58)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbt0ne View Post
Elt,

They sold out, but it was from www.c2ctees.com

All,

Uncle Arthur strikes again.

http://atl.247sports.com/Bolt/Arthur...-Bowl-50745177

Following the Atlanta Falcons' 44-21 win over the Green Bay Packers to clinch a berth in the Super Bowl, the Falcons owner is preparing to take every employee in the organization with him, which is "hundreds" of people, according to Jeff Schultz of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.


Carolina's owner did this same thing last year fwiw
AUGUY55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 12:25 PM   #85
ANONN123
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: SUPER BOWL LI: GOOD (+3) vs. EVIL (o/u 58)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heh View Post
Malcolm Butler is a stud, doe.
He is pretty elite at avoiding DPI flags. Every play seems like it's borderline but he seems to get the benefit of the doubt almost every time
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:05 PM   #86
BluffMyNuts
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BluffMyNuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,209
Re: SUPER BOWL LI: GOOD (+3) vs. EVIL (o/u 58)

I work with a former Falcons coaches wife, she has told some stories about how great Arthur Blank treated everyone who worked for him, and that included their spouses. Absolutely not shocked he's taking everyone to the game.
BluffMyNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 02:05 PM   #87
heh
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
heh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Close enough
Posts: 10,258
Re: SUPER BOWL LI: GOOD (+3) vs. EVIL (o/u 58)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bware View Post
He is pretty elite at avoiding DPI flags. Every play seems like it's borderline but he seems to get the benefit of the doubt almost every time
I'm going to nickname him the sex panther now!
heh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 02:07 PM   #88
-Insert Witty SN-
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
-Insert Witty SN-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 17,921
Re: SUPER BOWL LI: GOOD (+3) vs. EVIL (o/u 58)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluffMyNuts View Post
I work with a former Falcons coaches wife, she has told some stories about how great Arthur Blank treated everyone who worked for him, and that included their spouses. Absolutely not shocked he's taking everyone to the game.
so they can watch the felchcants get massacred by the gaping toms. what a gentlesir!
-Insert Witty SN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 05:40 PM   #89
TehVader
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TehVader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Norway
Posts: 17,589
Re: SUPER BOWL LI: GOOD (+3) vs. EVIL (o/u 58)

Lets go Falcons
TehVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:37 PM   #90
Bidz
Hurts so good
 
Bidz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paragliding over Torrey Pines
Posts: 24,487
Re: SUPER BOWL LI: GOOD (+3) vs. EVIL (o/u 58)

on the Falcons moneyline
JULIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGUY55 View Post
Part of me wants the pats to win just to see ROG hand another trophy to Brady and then Brady saying **** you.
although this is acceptable too lol


but really looking forward to SQUARES

and GAGA
Bidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 10:34 AM   #91
JudgeHoldem
banned
 
JudgeHoldem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: OTP ATL
Posts: 8,198
Re: SUPER BOWL LI: GOOD (+3) vs. EVIL (o/u 58)

I got falcons 60/1 to win superbowl
nfc south 7.5/1 to win superbowl (thanks for the helping effort on that one NOLA, Car, and TB)

already had falcons 30/1 to win nfc
falcons 8.5/1 to win nfc south
team total wins over 7.5
to make playoffs +250

snapped this pic at the game on sunday



also in the interest in being fair, and as evidenced in the falcons team thread, while I've been a fan I had expected us to start 0-6 and be horrible this year.

Mack and Sanu somehow made us a completely different team than last season.

also this is the best opening line to a song ever

I say ***** what is you thinkin', we Arthur Blankin'


Last edited by JudgeHoldem; 01-25-2017 at 10:43 AM.
JudgeHoldem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 11:25 AM   #92
Prawney
Pooh-Bah
 
Prawney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5,648
Re: SUPER BOWL LI: GOOD (+3) vs. EVIL (o/u 58)

Could be big in this game

Prawney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:19 PM   #93
feedthabeast
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
feedthabeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 8,303
Re: SUPER BOWL LI: GOOD (+3) vs. EVIL (o/u 58)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeHoldem View Post
I got falcons 60/1 to win superbowl
nfc south 7.5/1 to win superbowl (thanks for the helping effort on that one NOLA, Car, and TB)

already had falcons 30/1 to win nfc
falcons 8.5/1 to win nfc south
team total wins over 7.5
to make playoffs +250

snapped this pic at the game on sunday



also in the interest in being fair, and as evidenced in the falcons team thread, while I've been a fan I had expected us to start 0-6 and be horrible this year.

Mack and Sanu somehow made us a completely different team than last season.

also this is the best opening line to a song ever

I say ***** what is you thinkin', we Arthur Blankin'

That's sick. How much do you stand to win?
feedthabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:30 PM   #94
Namath12
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Namath12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 55,869
Re: SUPER BOWL LI: GOOD (+3) vs. EVIL (o/u 58)

Falcons only thing that makes sense after Cavs, Cubs and Clempson all shipped
Namath12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 02:50 PM   #95
JudgeHoldem
banned
 
JudgeHoldem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: OTP ATL
Posts: 8,198
Re: SUPER BOWL LI: GOOD (+3) vs. EVIL (o/u 58)

I wonder what % of NFL fans want the falcons to win this game? 70%+?
JudgeHoldem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 04:04 PM   #96
thedinergetsby
veteran
 
thedinergetsby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: the good Korea
Posts: 3,107
Re: SUPER BOWL LI: GOOD (+3) vs. EVIL (o/u 58)

I'll take the over. People hate goodell but they don't hate him more than the pats
thedinergetsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 07:48 PM   #97
ANONN123
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: SUPER BOWL LI: GOOD (+3) vs. EVIL (o/u 58)

Assume that the Pats have more fans than the average team, maybe 5-7% would identify themselves at Pats fans. Then maybe 4% are ATL fans. So 90% of NFL fans are neither... I bet more than 2/3 of them are rooting against the "cheaters" / dynasty, plus the Falcons supporters, easily 70%+
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 09:45 PM   #98
DisGunBGud
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DisGunBGud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: GENIE LAND
Posts: 23,710
Re: SUPER BOWL LI: GOOD (+3) vs. EVIL (o/u 58)

Keep doubting that Falcons offense. So much fun to watch that strategy play out for doubters week after week.
DisGunBGud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 10:34 PM   #99
muttiah
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
muttiah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 24,373
Re: SUPER BOWL LI: GOOD (+3) vs. EVIL (o/u 58)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bware View Post
Assume that the Pats have more fans than the average team, maybe 5-7% would identify themselves at Pats fans. Then maybe 4% are ATL fans. So 90% of NFL fans are neither... I bet more than 2/3 of them are rooting against the "cheaters" / dynasty, plus the Falcons supporters, easily 70%+
ATL is def less than 2% of NFL fans. I'd be surprised if it's more than 1%
muttiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 01:19 AM   #100
Heroball
temp-banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: The Neutral Zone with Dee Ford
Posts: 9,402
Re: SUPER BOWL LI: GOOD (+3) vs. EVIL (o/u 58)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedinergetsby View Post
I'll take the over. People hate goodell but they don't hate him more than the pats


Blank >>>> (million arrows) >> Karft
Heroball is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive