Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 10:06 AM   #22701
Karak
ELIte
 
Karak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 62,729
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
so riverman posts that the poker add on is dead. you have posted many times that a short time ago you would not have believed that legalization of poker was even remotely possible.

now, for some cryptic reasons, you think poker will be legal.

im saying, i would bet against it happening over the course of the next political season. i said 'x' initially bc i have no idea about terms or any of that crap but i think yall know what i mean by season and x and all that.

its the same sht as before and im def pretty mad i engaged in the last few pages of this thread. old rich ppl with no reason to care sitting on a cash cow arent going to do a damn thing to get with the times and maximize their cash. business bigwigs are there moar bc of luck than skill and they remain their for political (not just guvment politics but internal power type sht) reasons.

in short, tz gms>>>>>>lol nba. tz bidness>>>>>>lol irl bidness.

but its not even like tz xers are the even that special or good. proly around 85 percentile. if real smart ppl were in charge of poker then bellagio.com would been rakin cash for 10+ yrs.
the poker add on isnt dead. i dont even know what he was talking about. im pretty sure he doesnt either.

Last edited by Karak; 02-15-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #22702
Zimmer4141
Wet
 
Zimmer4141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 32,741
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, and Forum Discussion

Karak, I am not singling you out on this, don't take it as a personal attack.

Am I the only one who views it as a negative that people from inside the poker community or inside the Washington community are posting updates about the legislation being tacked on? It seems (to me with no law training and limited knowledge about the real legislative process) that this getting through is kind of dependent on it going under the radar and being tacked on without big opponents really knowing a ton about it before it's too late. I feel like giving out news or updates does nothing really to help the legislation pass. The people who are trying to push it through already know that they have our support. The opponents of the bill becoming more aware of the legislation can only be a bad thing imo.

The way I see it, there's no positives other than just having the transparency and feeling like we as supporters are in the loop somehow. However, the negatives of getting opponents riled up about it when they may have never found out about it, and them writing to legislators who will then mount an opposition to it, seem to be real in my opinion.

I may be wrong on this, but from my viewpoint the best thing for all supporters to do is to let shady under the table Washington politics run its course and hope it works out for the best, trying to keep it hidden from mainstream view for as long as possible.
Zimmer4141 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:20 AM   #22703
Karak
ELIte
 
Karak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 62,729
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, and Forum Discussion

that's like saying posting about pokerstars operating in the US tipped the FBI off to what they were doing. if i can find out, then the people in opposition will most certainly find out. it's not like i have some sort of super special insider access that anyone else who had a vested interest in the bill wouldn't be able to figure out.

my initial guess that something going on was based on nothing but various news reports. it wasn't until after i tweeted a bunch of times that i felt like something legit had a chance that some friends reached out to me to confirm my suspicions.
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #22704
Pudge714
Modding All Day
 
Pudge714's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Frazier >>>>> Chilly
Posts: 39,104
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, and Forum Discussion

Only three episodes in, but I think Luck's opening credits could end up being GOATish.
Pudge714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #22705
schu_22
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
schu_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: One yard
Posts: 38,447
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, and Forum Discussion

I enjoyed Deadwood's opening but im not sure why
schu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #22706
nutshot2
 
nutshot2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 48,746
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, and Forum Discussion

me too
nutshot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #22707
kevin21
SE Spokesman
 
kevin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 62,022
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, and Forum Discussion

Probably because it's awesome, you cocksucka
kevin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #22708
schu_22
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
schu_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: One yard
Posts: 38,447
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, and Forum Discussion

Swidgen
schu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #22709
Triumph36
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Triumph36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Osi Ukin'-yora
Posts: 40,914
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, and Forum Discussion

you enjoyed it because of naked sideboob ldo
Triumph36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #22710
g-bebe
because robots are strong
 
g-bebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 20,745
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge714 View Post
Only three episodes in, but I think Luck's opening credits could end up being GOATish.
agreed, it's a great song for it
g-bebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:27 PM   #22711
ClarkNasty
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ClarkNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 10x the man Clarkmeister is
Posts: 35,385
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
its the same sht as before and im def pretty mad i engaged in the last few pages of this thread. old rich ppl with no reason to care sitting on a cash cow arent going to do a damn thing to get with the times and maximize their cash. business bigwigs are there moar bc of luck than skill and they remain their for political (not just guvment politics but internal power type sht) reasons.

in short, tz gms>>>>>>lol nba. tz bidness>>>>>>lol irl bidness.

but its not even like tz xers are the even that special or good. proly around 85 percentile. if real smart ppl were in charge of poker then bellagio.com would been rakin cash for 10+ yrs.
So funny because everything you've posted suggests the exact opposite.
ClarkNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #22712
ClarkNasty
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ClarkNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 10x the man Clarkmeister is
Posts: 35,385
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, and Forum Discussion

The online poker market is estimated to be worth around $6 billion, and Klein thinks the World Series of Poker could command a 15% share.
ClarkNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #22713
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65,790
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, and Forum Discussion

this realization is about 10-15 years too late
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:34 PM   #22714
ClarkNasty
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ClarkNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 10x the man Clarkmeister is
Posts: 35,385
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkNasty View Post
Karak with a pretty horrible "lol dumb casino people" strawman ITT.

Regardless, Caesar's has banked its entire future on online gaming spending tons of money and acquiring several companies to help prepare for launch. MGM/Boyd payed a mega premium to lock up PartyPoker. Stations bought their own software platform. IGT not only did that too, they also spent a half-billion on a social media game development company. Prior to the shutdown last year, Wynn had put all its eggs in the Full Tilt basket. These are not the actions of people who think it's a marginal business or are worried about protecting their incredibly teeny tiny (other than Caesars) insignificant, irrelevant low margin B&M poker revenue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak View Post
"banked its entire future?"

come on bro

There appears to be little or no equity value in Caesars' core business given the ugly financials. Yet the IPO prospectus shows Caesars carved out its online business, including the World Series of Poker, into a separate unit unencumbered by debt. This means Caesars equity holders should get all the online profits; hence the investor focus.

Article about their IPO just last week.

Last edited by ClarkNasty; 02-15-2012 at 12:42 PM.
ClarkNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:41 PM   #22715
ClarkNasty
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ClarkNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 10x the man Clarkmeister is
Posts: 35,385
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
this realization is about 10-15 years too late
It's impossible to overstate how ignorant you are about the impossibility of getting it legalized 10 years ago. Yes, post 9/11, Dubya and the Cheny neocons were gonna TOTALLY support online gambling/money laundering/terrorismmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. In the 10 years since then personal freedoms have been slashed, but yeah, online gambling was getting through. #cmonson

And the size of the US market was clearly known then also. It was public info. PartyPoker was publicly traded and not only released US-based revenue, it also publicized its approximated share of the total.

Last edited by ClarkNasty; 02-15-2012 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Also, lolu for now extending it from "10 years" to "10-15 years" just because u mad
ClarkNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:48 PM   #22716
ClarkNasty
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ClarkNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 10x the man Clarkmeister is
Posts: 35,385
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, and Forum Discussion

I mean, even now it's probably doubtful. No one in Washington cares what the casinos want, and they care even less what the players want.

The only reason it's even getting serious consideration is fear at Washington that the States are going to legalize one at a time and create a free for all. That scares them. If there's one thing that Washington fears more than personal freedoms right now it's loss of control over the States.

ETA: Plus Kyl's belief that he can put a fork in online slots and table games now, whereas otherwise with no legislation clearly making those illegal, the States could legalize those too. Basically, only reason its got a shot is that people in Washington now see viable alternative evils that are more evil than just federally regulated online poker.
ClarkNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #22717
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65,790
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkNasty View Post
I mean, even now it's probably doubtful. No one in Washington cares what the casinos want, and they care even less what the players want.

The only reason it's even getting serious consideration is fear at Washington that the States are going to legalize one at a time and create a free for all. That scares them. If there's one thing that Washington fears more than personal freedoms right now it's loss of control over the States.

ETA: Plus Kyl's belief that he can put a fork in online slots and table games now, whereas otherwise with no legislation clearly making those illegal, the States could legalize those too. Basically, only reason its got a shot is that people in Washington now see viable alternative evils that are more evil than just federally regulated online poker.
then why doenst washington make it illegal?
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #22718
ClarkNasty
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ClarkNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 10x the man Clarkmeister is
Posts: 35,385
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
then why doenst washington make it illegal?
They shut down easy payment processing, they shut down foreign sites taking US bets, threatened others privately in such a way that they voluntarily stopped taking US bets, and no one in the US is allowed to start a site up legally. It's already illegal brah.
ClarkNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #22719
Dyenimator
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dyenimator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: It's the D.Y.E.
Posts: 23,131
This kyl sounds like a major stooge. You're already retiring, what's the point in ruining fun for others. Non-poker players won't remember your great moralizing act.
Dyenimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:09 PM   #22720
ClarkNasty
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ClarkNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 10x the man Clarkmeister is
Posts: 35,385
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyenimator View Post
This kyl sounds like a major stooge. You're already retiring, what's the point in ruining fun for others. Non-poker players won't remember your great moralizing act.
Without Kyl it has no chance at all fwiw. That's why there's such urgency now. He's the one basically saying "I'll sign off on online poker if it's a bill I think is restrictive enough AND it makes it really clear that slots/casino/sports aren't everevereverevergonnabelegal and I can shut the States out of it". And he's got a ton of clout. He's the one who killed it in late 2010. This is all more or less google-able stuff.
ClarkNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #22721
Chilltown
SuperMegaElitePoster
 
Chilltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Asgard
Posts: 39,695
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, and Forum Discussion

Is there a vid of that chick in your avatar?
Chilltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #22722
Loretta8
knows her Big Ten
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 21,899
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, and Forum Discussion

can any .gif wizards touch it up so that shirtless dude doesnt pop into the frame, however briefly?
Loretta8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #22723
ItsRainingMen
master of your domain
 
ItsRainingMen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: LET THE MARLIN SOARRRRR!!!
Posts: 21,760
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, and Forum Discussion

we still talking about poker itt?

i remember i won with KJ once against KK all in on a K J x flop. felt good man
ItsRainingMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #22724
mjw0586
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mjw0586's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 37,375
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilltown View Post
Is there a vid of that chick in your avatar?
http://fukung.net/v/42938/d95bc39f29...4abc1516ba.gif
mjw0586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:24 PM   #22725
ClarkNasty
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ClarkNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 10x the man Clarkmeister is
Posts: 35,385
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRainingMen View Post
we still talking about poker itt?
Sadly, it's prob the best talk on the subject on 2p2
ClarkNasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive