Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 08:04 AM   #1851
dkgojackets
DKGOAT
 
dkgojackets's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 86,128
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneP View Post
OK, I looked through the DET thread to see how things started. Relevant threads reproduced below. tl;dr I know, but cliffs:

someone mentioned Willis might not be bad against the twins because he's a lefty, and there were a lot of lefty bats the twins played in the prior game. Some back and forth with sam and ikes mostly. I say in my first post that I don't think it's trolling to point out the twins lefties are good against lefty pitching, and that just saying Willis may do well because the twins have a lot of lefties is shortsighted.

More back and forth with sam and ikes, and I post again, pointing out the lineup he's talking about isn't the one that the twins would play against lefties. I am sarcastic with a second point, but the third is saying that I hope Willis faces the Twins and that it seems ikes is agreeing with what sam is saying. Ikes then calls me a ******, tells me I can't read and am a troll. I do get a bit irked and post one sarcastic reply. I post again saying not to get so upset that I didn't remember his wording from earlier (I was probably remembering his implication, not his words). ikes then tells me to get on my knees and service LaVar Burton. (Last thing is ironically funny since he said something like twins fans suck lots of dick, then backed off by saying 'there are female twins fans, so that comment wasn't homophobic).

---Some back and forth between ikes and Minnesotasam about lefties in the twins lineup and Willis. If I remember right, most of the DET fans were pretty fed up with Willis' poor performances, and hoping that because the twins had a lot of lefties, he might not be his usual crappy self (can I say that since he's subsequently gotten released by DET *and* ARI?) ---

WildBobAA: The Twikies come to the D and the trolls come to the thread. It's like clockwork
Me (Post #13493) (my first post in the DET thread): Just like when the season starts GREER comes to troll everywhere?
And I don't think pointing out the Twins aren't that susceptible to lefties is really trolling. Mauer and Morneau are good, and Thome sits for a right handed bat, so just looking at lefty versus lefty matchups is a little shortsighted.
WildBobAA: I never said GREEAR wasn't the #1 SE troll.

more back and forth between sam and ikes mainly...I enter again a bit after this:

minnesotasam: Or you were completely talking out of your ass and now you're backpedalling, one of the two. Regardless, somehow I'm being trolled in the Tigers team thread, that's incredible, so I'll leave you guys to it. Sorry for wanting to actually talk baseball tactfully, I'll just cuddle up in the 5 division titles we've won in the last 8 years. You guys won a division title when again?

ikes (to minnesotasam): Seriously you are a ****ing ******. 'Ooooh, I'll look at M, M and Spans splits against lefties this year and jack off until I hit myself in the face.' GMAFB, a good lefty would do very well against the lineup that was put in tonight, and there's a chance that Willis won't be awful against you Thurs. That however, is admittedly a low standard.

You sir, still have no ****ing idea what you are blabbering about.

Me: First, that's not the lineup that a lefty starter would be facing.
Second, yeah, a good pitcher will pitch well. Wow...amazing insight... (note: ok, a little sarcastic...)
If you're serious Willis is pitching Thursday (I haven't looked at the probables), I can't wait. And since this discussion started with someone saying they thought Willis would do well against the Twins, well, 'a chance that Willis won't be awful' sounds a lot like you're disagreeing with the argument, and agreeing with sam.

ikes: HEY LOOK IT'S ANOTHER ******!!!!
This is the post that started all this btw:
Quote: Originally Posted by ikestoys
You know, with all these lefties willis might not be terrible against the twins.
Learn how to ****ing read before you troll.
Me: Yes, you don't have to identify yourself as such, however. (note: not my best wit.)

Anyway, I agree, there's a small possibility Willis won't be out of the game before the fifth inning after having given up 4+ runs. (note: this is pretty close to the definition of a quality start...so I'm just putting numbers to 'not being terrible')
Me: Don't get your panties in a bunch. Or get all upset that someone didn't remember the exact wording of something they read several hours ago. Oh, the horrors! The world is going to end...Or not.

Ikes (13518): I mean shane, my first post on this subject was literally 'there's a chance willis won't be awful' FFS. Seriously, get on your knees and service LeVar Burton before you post in this thread agian, kthks.
no u
dkgojackets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:22 AM   #1852
Steroid Boy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Steroid Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Backpacking Bananas
Posts: 42,156
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

did someone really say they'll cuddle up to the 5 division championships in the last 8 years

havent the tigers been in the world series a helluva lot more recently than the twins

sweet trash talk emanating from minnesota there
Steroid Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:29 AM   #1853
Needle77
No Longer Protecting
 
Needle77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Kutztown is in the Hall of Fame
Posts: 43,170
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

My head hurts...
Needle77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:03 AM   #1854
thedeezy
My name is Carlos
 
thedeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: POGBA
Posts: 26,243
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

ShaneP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thedeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:33 AM   #1855
nutshot2
 
nutshot2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 48,746
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

lol tigers

lol twins

lol shanep

free greear

yankees 27 time world champions
nutshot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:36 AM   #1856
sethypooh21
Make or Miss League
 
sethypooh21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Nylon Calculus etc.
Posts: 47,038
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needle77 View Post
Honestly how the **** is there a problem with twins-tigers threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needle77 View Post
Seriously, how the ****ing hell is there a problem between those two threads? Of all the trolling on twoplustwo I would guess that would be last.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needle77 View Post
I am ****ing drunk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needle77 View Post
So whats brett favre doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needle77 View Post
I mean, they are Braves fans. Braves...braves...brave...bra...ves.....br...titti es.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needle77 View Post
My head hurts...
no wai
sethypooh21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:40 AM   #1857
MEb
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MEb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 24,705
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikestoys View Post
I guess it's time to just stop feeding the troll altogether instead of ruthlessly mocking it.
BRILLIANT!
MEb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:32 AM   #1858
AcTiOnJaCsOn
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AcTiOnJaCsOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: GOAT
Posts: 24,775
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneP View Post
OK, I looked through the DET thread to see how things started. Relevant threads reproduced below. tl;dr I know, but cliffs:

someone mentioned Willis might not be bad against the twins because he's a lefty, and there were a lot of lefty bats the twins played in the prior game. Some back and forth with sam and ikes mostly. I say in my first post that I don't think it's trolling to point out the twins lefties are good against lefty pitching, and that just saying Willis may do well because the twins have a lot of lefties is shortsighted.

More back and forth with sam and ikes, and I post again, pointing out the lineup he's talking about isn't the one that the twins would play against lefties. I am sarcastic with a second point, but the third is saying that I hope Willis faces the Twins and that it seems ikes is agreeing with what sam is saying. Ikes then calls me a ******, tells me I can't read and am a troll. I do get a bit irked and post one sarcastic reply. I post again saying not to get so upset that I didn't remember his wording from earlier (I was probably remembering his implication, not his words). ikes then tells me to get on my knees and service LaVar Burton. (Last thing is ironically funny since he said something like twins fans suck lots of dick, then backed off by saying 'there are female twins fans, so that comment wasn't homophobic).

---Some back and forth between ikes and Minnesotasam about lefties in the twins lineup and Willis. If I remember right, most of the DET fans were pretty fed up with Willis' poor performances, and hoping that because the twins had a lot of lefties, he might not be his usual crappy self (can I say that since he's subsequently gotten released by DET *and* ARI?) ---

WildBobAA: The Twikies come to the D and the trolls come to the thread. It's like clockwork
Me (Post #13493) (my first post in the DET thread): Just like when the season starts GREER comes to troll everywhere?
And I don't think pointing out the Twins aren't that susceptible to lefties is really trolling. Mauer and Morneau are good, and Thome sits for a right handed bat, so just looking at lefty versus lefty matchups is a little shortsighted.
WildBobAA: I never said GREEAR wasn't the #1 SE troll.

more back and forth between sam and ikes mainly...I enter again a bit after this:

minnesotasam: Or you were completely talking out of your ass and now you're backpedalling, one of the two. Regardless, somehow I'm being trolled in the Tigers team thread, that's incredible, so I'll leave you guys to it. Sorry for wanting to actually talk baseball tactfully, I'll just cuddle up in the 5 division titles we've won in the last 8 years. You guys won a division title when again?

ikes (to minnesotasam): Seriously you are a ****ing ******. 'Ooooh, I'll look at M, M and Spans splits against lefties this year and jack off until I hit myself in the face.' GMAFB, a good lefty would do very well against the lineup that was put in tonight, and there's a chance that Willis won't be awful against you Thurs. That however, is admittedly a low standard.

You sir, still have no ****ing idea what you are blabbering about.

Me: First, that's not the lineup that a lefty starter would be facing.
Second, yeah, a good pitcher will pitch well. Wow...amazing insight... (note: ok, a little sarcastic...)
If you're serious Willis is pitching Thursday (I haven't looked at the probables), I can't wait. And since this discussion started with someone saying they thought Willis would do well against the Twins, well, 'a chance that Willis won't be awful' sounds a lot like you're disagreeing with the argument, and agreeing with sam.

ikes: HEY LOOK IT'S ANOTHER ******!!!!
This is the post that started all this btw:
Quote: Originally Posted by ikestoys
You know, with all these lefties willis might not be terrible against the twins.
Learn how to ****ing read before you troll.
Me: Yes, you don't have to identify yourself as such, however. (note: not my best wit.)

Anyway, I agree, there's a small possibility Willis won't be out of the game before the fifth inning after having given up 4+ runs. (note: this is pretty close to the definition of a quality start...so I'm just putting numbers to 'not being terrible')
Me: Don't get your panties in a bunch. Or get all upset that someone didn't remember the exact wording of something they read several hours ago. Oh, the horrors! The world is going to end...Or not.

Ikes (13518): I mean shane, my first post on this subject was literally 'there's a chance willis won't be awful' FFS. Seriously, get on your knees and service LeVar Burton before you post in this thread agian, kthks.
seriously, how does ikes avoid the banhammer here?
AcTiOnJaCsOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #1859
Franchise 60
deliciously angry
 
Franchise 60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ferocious, isn't he?
Posts: 42,744
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

A little birdie told me Needle drank last night. Can someone confirm/deny?
Franchise 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:43 AM   #1860
Blue Celery
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Blue Celery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: #carefree
Posts: 8,905
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

please move last 50 posts to the SE STST FAQ and Forum Discussion Thread
Blue Celery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:43 AM   #1861
nutshot2
 
nutshot2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 48,746
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

lol unfunny soccer posters
nutshot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:47 AM   #1862
ikestoys
banned
 
ikestoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: and don't vote trump/sanders
Posts: 94,444
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

lol shane gonna shane. No one cares about the argument, seriously. I hope you enjoyed those 15 minutes of your life, you're never getting it back.
ikestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:58 AM   #1863
Dyenimator
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dyenimator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: It's the D.Y.E.
Posts: 23,131
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

lol Shane. It's words... on the internet. Didn't you say to me a month ago that you should stop getting involved?

and hey... isn't asking for people to be banned... well, nevermind.
Dyenimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:07 PM   #1864
Blue Celery
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Blue Celery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: #carefree
Posts: 8,905
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyenimator View Post
lol Shane. It's words... on the internet. Didn't you say to me a month ago that you should stop getting involved?

and hey... isn't asking for people to be banned... well, nevermind.
ban
Blue Celery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:09 PM   #1865
...................
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: By Choice...
Posts: 2,739
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikestoys View Post
lol shane gonna shane. No one cares about the argument, seriously. I hope you enjoyed those 15 minutes of your life, you're never getting it back.
Sigh...and more insults/putdowns from ikes towards me here.

Kind of funny though that you start the argument by dragging my name into it, then you say that no one cares about it. Though I can see why you might want it buried given your behavior I just illustrated. (Not saying I didn't hurl some insults back, but that was after I got tired of your actions).

ActionJacson: He didn't get the banhammer probably because noone reported him. Hopefully that shows him my intent wasn't to troll and get people banned as there is plenty in just the quoted material. And hopefully he stops repeating those baseless assumptions about me with regard to post reporting.

Steroid Boy: yeah, someone said that 5 of 8 thing (not me or ikes).
................... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:10 PM   #1866
...................
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: By Choice...
Posts: 2,739
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyenimator View Post
lol Shane. It's words... on the internet. Didn't you say to me a month ago that you should stop getting involved?

and hey... isn't asking for people to be banned... well, nevermind.
To be honest, I did stay out for a while, then GREEAR made a few posts of his usual sort in the Twins thread...
................... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:15 PM   #1867
ikestoys
banned
 
ikestoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: and don't vote trump/sanders
Posts: 94,444
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneP View Post
Sigh...and more insults/putdowns from ikes towards me here.

Kind of funny though that you start the argument by dragging my name into it, then you say that no one cares about it. Though I can see why you might want it buried given your behavior I just illustrated. (Not saying I didn't hurl some insults back, but that was after I got tired of your actions).

ActionJacson: He didn't get the banhammer probably because noone reported him. Hopefully that shows him my intent wasn't to troll and get people banned as there is plenty in just the quoted material. And hopefully he stops repeating those baseless assumptions about me with regard to post reporting.

Steroid Boy: yeah, someone said that 5 of 8 thing (not me or ikes).
shanep ladies and gentlemen. 'The argument' means any argument, not the one ITT.
ikestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #1868
mjw0586
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mjw0586's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 37,375
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

This is worse than a Victor/Schwallie argument
mjw0586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:22 PM   #1869
Franchise 60
deliciously angry
 
Franchise 60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ferocious, isn't he?
Posts: 42,744
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Jesus Christ Canada please take these two states.
Franchise 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:24 PM   #1870
...................
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: By Choice...
Posts: 2,739
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikestoys View Post
shanep ladies and gentlemen. 'The argument' means any argument, not the one ITT.
So you bring my name up ITT, ask for a partial ban/exile/whatever, I reply, and you tell me 'no one cares'. Discussion, argument, whatever. This isn't the politard thread, you don't get points for making esoteric points about semantics that have nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

Though the above post is a pretty good illustration of your behavior, albeit mild.



Note: I think most people reading the thread understood my use of the word argument referred to what you started in *this* thread. Whatever you wish to call it.

Edit to add: You had what, six posts ITT mentioning my name, asking for a partial ban, and at least 2 direct insults--aids of the thread and idiot (and other indirect/implied insults)--before I make my first post about it. Then you say no one cares...

Last edited by ...................; 07-05-2010 at 12:31 PM.
................... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:27 PM   #1871
ikestoys
banned
 
ikestoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: and don't vote trump/sanders
Posts: 94,444
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

shanep ftw.
ikestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:27 PM   #1872
thedeezy
My name is Carlos
 
thedeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: POGBA
Posts: 26,243
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

ignore feature ftw
thedeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:30 PM   #1873
Franchise 60
deliciously angry
 
Franchise 60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ferocious, isn't he?
Posts: 42,744
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Haha yeah, just ignore him. I read the last few pages of the Celtics/Lakers thread (Cinch is on superignore) and it was a delightful experience.
Franchise 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:33 PM   #1874
...................
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: By Choice...
Posts: 2,739
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikestoys View Post
shanep ftw.
Does that mean you're going to stop hurling unprovoked insults at me, and asking for partial bans?
................... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:38 PM   #1875
nutshot2
 
nutshot2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 48,746
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

ShaneP- step your troll game up son. Reading your posts makes me uncomfortable.
nutshot2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive