Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #16651
Seadood228
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Seadood228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rossmoor, CA
Posts: 30,306
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Poster Wake, and Forum Discussion

TuT sure does have a thing for being an internet forum martyr. I think the ban is good for Epi and TuT, because clearly they have too much of themselves invested in this forum.

RIP.

I miss G10.
Seadood228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #16652
NozeCandy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NozeCandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: lol goofybawler
Posts: 29,251
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Poster Wake, and Forum Discussion

A forum where only banned posters could post would be pretty sweet
NozeCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #16653
tschubauer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tschubauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Godgers
Posts: 7,458
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Poster Wake, and Forum Discussion

It'd be just like Mario Kart where if you lose the battle, you come back as a bomb.
tschubauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #16654
smiecimackaa
veteran
 
smiecimackaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: hello this is GOAT
Posts: 2,022
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Poster Wake, and Forum Discussion

it was clear from the beginning G10 would come back sooner or later. Way too many hints from Clark plus there doesn't appear to be a Tuq figure in his case.

GREEEEAR will be FRED
smiecimackaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:05 PM   #16655
Tumaterminator
HOCKEY!
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 26,444
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Poster Wake, and Forum Discussion

Actually a great idea. Idiot posters would intentionally get banned and the mains would be much improved.

And then you could re-perma everyone from the banned forum as a trick.
Tumaterminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:24 PM   #16656
VayaConDios
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
VayaConDios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hi, I got a tape I want to play you
Posts: 15,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadood228 View Post
TuT sure does have a thing for being an internet forum martyr. I think the ban is good for Epi and TuT, because clearly they have too much of themselves invested in this forum.

RIP.

I miss G10.
they just take SE way too seriously
VayaConDios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:25 PM   #16657
nath
the second coming of the second coming
 
nath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rust and Marty, a hundred years
Posts: 67,696
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Poster Wake, and Forum Discussion

but they don't even care about SE brah
nath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:39 PM   #16658
ThaSaltCracka
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ThaSaltCracka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Seatown
Posts: 66,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by NozeCandy View Post
A forum where only banned posters could post would be pretty sweet
Yup this needs to happen.
ThaSaltCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:16 PM   #16659
BobboFitos
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BobboFitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cambridge, MA
Posts: 72,764
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Poster Wake, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by prohornblower View Post
He argued with me in a gameday thread for over an hour about a play that he hadn't even seen. Yet, I didn't know he hadn't seen it until the hour later when he rewound his DVR and finally saw it.

He also said I shouldn't talk about the play because as a Texans fan, I was "too biased", whereas he was only "probably biased" as a Ravens fan.

So he said we should appeal to a third party* (at this point I still assumed he had seen the play - which he had not) (Chim17 - a Broncos fan was the third party viewer) who had seen that play, but had missed another one that would have helped prove my point. Then he pointed to Chim and was like "See, see! You're wrong, Chim said so. Thanks, Chim!"

It was utterly ridiculous and filled with typical Assani condecention and "my **** don't stink" attitude that he spews about the threads.

He also has a habit of calling everybody "biased" when he's far more biased about his 2 favorite teams than most posters on this site about their single favorite team.

He's certainly not close to ban-able though.

*I informed him that a third-party had already ruled in. CBS sports showed a replay and basically made fun of the refs for missing such a blatant (and hugely important) call. 4th and 1 Arian Foster stuffed but with a blatant 15 yard facemask that should have given them first down. But nah he didn't want to accept CBS sports. I guess they are biased Texans fans or something. He arbitrarily chose Chim as the arbitrator.
Ok, so he's probably just a terrible NFL poster. I don't venture into those woods, so I can't evaluate, judge, or analyze.
BobboFitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:34 PM   #16660
Luke Wilkshere
banned
 
Luke Wilkshere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bike reading on the beach
Posts: 286
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Poster Wake, and Forum Discussion

There will be no peace around these parts until Maggert is allowed to come back home.

Free Maggert.
Luke Wilkshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:49 PM   #16661
Riverman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Riverman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 73,137
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Poster Wake, and Forum Discussion

Yeah I was on the ban Maggert bandwagon at the time but given the last month's events and the current standards for bannage, he should be freed.

Last edited by Riverman; 11-03-2011 at 06:51 PM. Reason: that and jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaashhhhhh sucking
Riverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:55 PM   #16662
ClarkNasty
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ClarkNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 10x the man Clarkmeister is
Posts: 35,385
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Poster Wake, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Wilkshere View Post
There will be no peace around these parts until Maggert is allowed to come back home.

Free Maggert.
Be warned - not gonna have any difficulty pulling the trigger on this account given how new and low volume it is.
ClarkNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #16663
Riverman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Riverman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 73,137
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Poster Wake, and Forum Discussion

OK on a serious note, how the **** has gruna not been banned? He seems to be legitimately mentally ******ed.
Riverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:04 PM   #16664
anononon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Poster Wake, and Forum Discussion

lol down's syndrome... lol system of a down... lol tate forcier
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:06 PM   #16665
kkcountry
BBV MS Paint Rapid Response Squad
 
kkcountry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: dimichele ripped
Posts: 31,249
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Poster Wake, and Forum Discussion

kkcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:22 PM   #16666
Luke Wilkshere
banned
 
Luke Wilkshere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bike reading on the beach
Posts: 286
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Poster Wake, and Forum Discussion

On another serious note this post really cuts through all the nonsense imo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anatta View Post
man theres nowhere else to be there nobody else to be man just post ur post man art for art sake battle thems trying to make a name for themselves man did u see tebow yes its dukkha but less so than anything else in this slaving meat wheel spitting out and chewing up flesh like the terminator its what it does its all it does so man sports and beer forgive me mom but its a poor mans vacation yes creativity friends boobs brawn and booze nowhere else to be nobody else to be.
I'm not going to stir up a fuss but I don't really see any good reason mods should exist for any purpose other than banning spammers, people who post offensive text or pictures and people who post illegal things other than to make sure discussion goes exactly how a select group of posters wants it to go like someone else said. It's not the end of the world that that's the case but acting if there's some sort of objective measure of "quality of discussion" is silly. People have different tastes.

Mods should just let people post their post man. Art for art's sake.
Luke Wilkshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #16667
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65,790
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Poster Wake, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
exactly how a select group of posters wants it to go
its worse bc this group is infinitely more vocal than the silent majority. bc they ***** and moan, their agenda gets promoted and, ultimately, good posters get banned. ironically, when others question the move after the fact, or attempt to defend those on thin ice, we get labeled whiners ourselves, along with getting placed on the troublemaker list for possible purging.

further, our aims arent taken seriously even when they may merit consideration. i think phb is an awful poster and a huge "net negative" to these forums. he posts a ton, apparently is incapable of thinking prior to posting, and has shown incapable of changing his viewpoint when facing insurmountable evidence and logic the contrary. this leads to annoying derails of bickering spanning multiple pages. sounds kinda familiar i guess.

now the proper course of action would be to report many of his posts while waging a behind the scenes lobbying campaign, as it appears many did against epi and bitchface. but that seems pretty boring, takes a long time, and likely wouldnt be successful. its also against my principles in believing that its the lol internet and if ppl cant handle morans and trolls then they should gtfo.

unfortunately, it seems that a vocal core of posters greatly desire to homogenize the forums. eliminate those that post contrary opinions in a brash and edgy style. its gonna make the place boring fast.
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #16668
nath
the second coming of the second coming
 
nath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rust and Marty, a hundred years
Posts: 67,696
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Poster Wake, and Forum Discussion

oh get over yourselves

you want to make martyrs out of people because they were *******s on an internet forum, go ahead, but realize how ridiculous you sound

pretty lol how you're making arguments toward a "silent majority" when a number of people itt have made it clear they were sick of those guys. "silent majority" = "a bunch of people i can invent and assume support whatever position i do"
nath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:55 PM   #16669
tuq
TEEJ
 
tuq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Posts: 46,363
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Poster Wake, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nath View Post
oh get over yourselves

you want to make martyrs out of people because they were *******s on an internet forum, go ahead, but realize how ridiculous you sound
yep, that about sums it up.
tuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:00 PM   #16670
Victor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 65,790
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Poster Wake, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nath View Post
oh get over yourselves

you want to make martyrs out of people because they were *******s on an internet forum, go ahead, but realize how ridiculous you sound

pretty lol how you're making arguments toward a "silent majority" when a number of people itt have made it clear they were sick of those guys. "silent majority" = "a bunch of people i can invent and assume support whatever position i do"
you do realize most ppl supported bitchface?

epi may be a stretch, but id imagine if there was a mandatory vote ppl would support him.
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:01 PM   #16671
Riverman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Riverman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 73,137
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Poster Wake, and Forum Discussion

Victor you obliterate your own argument.

You are constantly taking contradictory positions and being rude, yet everyone likes you.

Why? Because you aren't a ****ing ****** on purpose. That's what got them tossed, and rightfully so.
Riverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #16672
Dyenimator
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dyenimator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: It's the D.Y.E.
Posts: 23,131
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Poster Wake, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb View Post
lol down's syndrome... lol system of a down... lol tate forcier
Kyle, do you even support a college team? Tate forcier? Does Cleveland St. even have a team?
Dyenimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #16673
anononon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Poster Wake, and Forum Discussion

cleveland state made the dance like two years ago, and kent state upset indiana with antonio gates man
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:13 PM   #16674
TimmayB
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TimmayB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Master of the Obvious
Posts: 12,085
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Poster Wake, and Forum Discussion

Victor quit making logical arguments. There is no place for that here.
TimmayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:17 PM   #16675
kkcountry
BBV MS Paint Rapid Response Squad
 
kkcountry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: dimichele ripped
Posts: 31,249
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Poster Wake, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
epi may be a stretch, but id imagine if there was a mandatory vote ppl would support him.
lol no way, and i say that as somebody who wanted to keep epi around, if only for his weekly frosting reviews
kkcountry is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive