Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2011, 02:01 AM   #9076
Dudd
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: pm karak w/ ffb questions
Posts: 54,252
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Can you cash out from Bodog though? And if you can today, will you be able to a week from now? I would be very leery of putting serious money online now

Last edited by Dudd; 04-17-2011 at 02:02 AM. Reason: upon review, this reads like a jetto post
Dudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:04 AM   #9077
ClarkNasty
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ClarkNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 10x the man Clarkmeister is
Posts: 35,385
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

I'm no expert, just giving an example. I don't know the answer to any of those. There are plenty of sites out there though. One watering hole dries up, another pops up imo.
ClarkNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:15 AM   #9078
Phildo
doesn't watch the games
 
Phildo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: champagne room
Posts: 22,773
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyenimator View Post
This. These people are smart or are using skills that indicate some form of intelligence. They'll most likely figure something out.

That being said, I think most people were aware of the problems with processors. These problems wouldn't happen if it were a legal activity. If you ignore the fact that it was an illegal activity, I can see having sympathy. But it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyenimator View Post
Jesus. It's not lol'ing. It's not feeling bad for people who knowingly had their money on a shady operation. I feel bad for them being deluded into the thought that they could build a life in that manner.
are you delusional? i guess you weren't deriving any pleasure from those 86 troll posts you made in the nvg thread? no one is asking you to have sympathy. how about just not rubbing their noses in it like a giant douchebag?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmayB View Post
Ummmm WTF clown all I posted on the subject was "Needle gonna emo". I'm out money at the moment too and actually find the trolling to be in bad taste. And bowens is rarely in Skype anymore so before you want to be a dick for no reason how about having a ****ing clue what you're talking about.
sorry bro i was just calling your buddies out for being dicks for no reason and you kinda got in the way
Phildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:21 AM   #9079
SirOsis
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SirOsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cowboy territory with no sheriff
Posts: 29,516
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Why do people hate Skype so much? Get on there and NBA imo
SirOsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:44 AM   #9080
Dyenimator
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dyenimator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: It's the D.Y.E.
Posts: 23,131
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
are you delusional? i guess you weren't deriving any pleasure from those 86 troll posts you made in the nvg thread? no one is asking you to have sympathy. how about just not rubbing their noses in it like a giant douchebag?
I felt at the time that people were getting out of line and thought those posts were necessary. I also thought some people would realize the absurdity of it all and take a step back and laugh. Now the drama has settled and I've been able to think deeper into the matter. It does strike me as odd that you worried about some posts I made on another forum. I don't remember ever caring about anything you've ever said, ever. I mean I appreciate it and all, it is nice to have someone think about me now that I'm all but exiled from Skype.
Dyenimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:41 AM   #9081
Phildo
doesn't watch the games
 
Phildo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: champagne room
Posts: 22,773
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

i "care" in the sense that trolling that thread makes you a giant douchebag hater. then i "care" because you claim that you aren't laughing at them, you are just "not having sympathy" which makes you a giant hypocrite because you clearly were laughing at them. and it turns out you are also so incredibly arrogant, self righteous and full of yourself that you think being a giant douchebag was actually helping those people you were trolling.

personally i like calling out arrogant, hypocritical douchebags. you'll notice originally i was calling out all the guys that trolled the nvg thread, because you are all douchebags. but it seems that at least tut (and i think vic) embrace their douchebagedness and don't run around trying to justify it with nonsense like "hey i'm just so much smarter than everybody else. when i troll i'm doing it to help all those poor unfortunate souls who are so much dumber than me."

so i'm going to call you on it, you arrogant hypocritical douchebag.
Phildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:45 AM   #9082
bowens
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bowens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: He knew band, bros.
Posts: 16,888
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Just call out the right guys. Some of us were just collateral damage.
bowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:47 AM   #9083
Phildo
doesn't watch the games
 
Phildo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: champagne room
Posts: 22,773
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

i apologize to bowens and timmayb, who i called out unfairly.
Phildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:54 AM   #9084
kevin21
SE Spokesman
 
kevin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 62,022
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Oh the Drama

Last edited by kevin21; 04-17-2011 at 09:58 AM. Reason: lol amurica
kevin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:49 AM   #9085
C-Viggity
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
C-Viggity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GOOD FEELING
Posts: 28,618
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

so, so weird
C-Viggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:55 AM   #9086
ikestoys
banned
 
ikestoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: and don't vote trump/sanders
Posts: 94,444
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

RE: Legality of Poker

The biggest problem with this line of thought is that the UIGEA is poorly written and makes references to games of skill being OK and whatever... The sites aren't in too bad of shape on that. They are screwed, however, on the bank fraud stuff, but that's just imo.
ikestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #9087
ikestoys
banned
 
ikestoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: and don't vote trump/sanders
Posts: 94,444
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSaltCracka View Post
Lol Dr ikes, fail harder
Right... It was my dad's 50th birthday party last night (currently hungover bleh), so I got to explain what my situation is to a bunch of people who have little to no idea about how the most basic things of poker work. Not one of them, even the weird Christian neighbors, reacted in the way you did. Not one. You're just being an unfunny dick to be an unfunny dick.

Poker will be back online soon because you can't outlaw a multi-billion dollar industry and the pros will get back on their feet. Unfortunately for you, it's highly likely you won't change.
ikestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #9088
SnotBoogy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SnotBoogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: trying to make fetch happen
Posts: 7,694
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

I want to start an OP but I admittedly suck at them and don't want to get flamed or worse get an infraction. but I believe it would be an interesting conversation.

What is the optimal iq for a pro athlete? I believe, anecdotally, it helps to be somewhat dumb. It allows people to focus (mostly) on sports instead of education, jobs, etc growing up, and thinking too much either about the sport or life in general is distracting to an athlete. I'd say that 90%+ of great athletes I knew were idiots in real life. Then again, there are some that are smart to figure out ways to stick in teh sport for longer.
SnotBoogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:11 PM   #9089
ClarkNasty
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ClarkNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 10x the man Clarkmeister is
Posts: 35,385
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

I strongly advise against that thread. I'll let others elaborate.
ClarkNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:14 PM   #9090
SnotBoogy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SnotBoogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: trying to make fetch happen
Posts: 7,694
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Hey, at least i asked here first. And i get that it wouldn't find a definite answer. But I think some good points would be made, at least.
SnotBoogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:15 PM   #9091
ClarkNasty
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ClarkNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 10x the man Clarkmeister is
Posts: 35,385
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

I think you'd have all sorts of conjecture and anecdotal stories with very little actual fact base to discuss, leading to horrific discussion.
ClarkNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #9092
SnotBoogy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SnotBoogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: trying to make fetch happen
Posts: 7,694
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Well, I would think someone who is a genius would get sick and tired of playing with a ball for a living. That I'm pretty sure isn't completely made up.
SnotBoogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #9093
sethypooh21
Make or Miss League
 
sethypooh21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Nylon Calculus etc.
Posts: 47,038
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

O/u on Racistban in such a thread is probably what, 8.5?
sethypooh21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #9094
Dyenimator
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dyenimator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: It's the D.Y.E.
Posts: 23,131
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
i "care" in the sense that trolling that thread makes you a giant douchebag hater. then i "care" because you claim that you aren't laughing at them, you are just "not having sympathy" which makes you a giant hypocrite because you clearly were laughing at them. and it turns out you are also so incredibly arrogant, self righteous and full of yourself that you think being a giant douchebag was actually helping those people you were trolling.

personally i like calling out arrogant, hypocritical douchebags. you'll notice originally i was calling out all the guys that trolled the nvg thread, because you are all douchebags. but it seems that at least tut (and i think vic) embrace their douchebagedness and don't run around trying to justify it with nonsense like "hey i'm just so much smarter than everybody else. when i troll i'm doing it to help all those poor unfortunate souls who are so much dumber than me."

so i'm going to call you on it, you arrogant hypocritical douchebag.
I'd rather be an arrogant hypocritical douchebag than some no name who incessantly worries about a chat room he'll never participate in.
Dyenimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:20 PM   #9095
tarheeljks
The Dark Knight
 
tarheeljks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: no tacos this year
Posts: 37,657
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnotBoogy View Post
Well, I would think someone who is a genius would get sick and tired of playing with a ball for a living. That I'm pretty sure isn't completely made up.
this is exactly what clark is talking about when he says

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkNasty View Post
I think you'd have all sorts of conjecture and anecdotal stories with very little actual fact base to discuss, leading to horrific discussion.

w/the issue not being that people have anecdotes but that they cite them since they are "not completely made up"
tarheeljks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:23 PM   #9096
SnotBoogy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SnotBoogy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: trying to make fetch happen
Posts: 7,694
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

which is totally unlike most conversations on 2p2
SnotBoogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:23 PM   #9097
tarheeljks
The Dark Knight
 
tarheeljks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: no tacos this year
Posts: 37,657
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

and lots of convos are ******ed, no?



i apologize to any individuals or groups for any harm i may have caused through use of this word
tarheeljks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:23 PM   #9098
Dyenimator
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dyenimator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: It's the D.Y.E.
Posts: 23,131
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

I mean I guess you could convert Wonderlic scores into IQ. But IQ in itself is inaccurate, and surely the conversion is too. There may be some studies done, I'll look into it.
Dyenimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:40 PM   #9099
Oski
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Oski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Anti-Vermin Seed
Posts: 13,261
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikestoys View Post
RE: Legality of Poker

The biggest problem with this line of thought is that the UIGEA is poorly written and makes references to games of skill being OK and whatever... The sites aren't in too bad of shape on that. They are screwed, however, on the bank fraud stuff, but that's just imo.
I think wat is galling about the whole thing is that the U.S. govt. had to have known what was going on the whole time. However, due to their lack of foresight, they failed to get on board with online poker so they could tax it. So, they went to plan "B" which was to lay in the weeds and strike once they knew where the money was and how to grab it.
Oski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:45 PM   #9100
Phildo
doesn't watch the games
 
Phildo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: champagne room
Posts: 22,773
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyenimator View Post
I'd rather be an arrogant hypocritical douchebag than some no name who incessantly worries about a chat room he'll never participate in.
i only care when it spills into the forums and i have to read about it.

edit: lol no name huh? where'd you get drafted brah?

pretty funny that you (and apparently manji) think i'm so obsessed with being in your little nba gm circle jerk. but i really don't like a lot of you. i thought i made that pretty clear but i guess not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnotBoogy View Post
Well, I would think someone who is a genius would get sick and tired of playing with a ball for a living. That I'm pretty sure isn't completely made up.
nah i'd kill to be a professional athlete

Last edited by Phildo; 04-17-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Phildo is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive