Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2011, 04:19 PM   #8401
Franchise 60
deliciously angry
 
Franchise 60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ferocious, isn't he?
Posts: 42,744
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Franchise 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:19 PM   #8402
Steroid Boy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Steroid Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Backpacking Bananas
Posts: 42,156
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Steroid Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:28 PM   #8403
Dyenimator
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dyenimator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: It's the D.Y.E.
Posts: 23,131
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak View Post
"analysis" isn't a law word franchise. you can put your drink down.
Dyenimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:42 PM   #8404
tuq
TEEJ
 
tuq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Posts: 46,363
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSaltCracka View Post
So basically its triumph, Tuq, and Clark versus everyone else.
I really doubt that's the case. And it seems like many of those who don't agree are posting so ******edly about it that they should be disregarded anyway. Ironically your post fits into that category since you know it's hyperbole. Or maybe you don't, in which case that's bad news for you.

However, if I am wrong and Jetto is in fact determined to be beloved by an overwhelming majority and his posting style is in fact adored by many then I will stand corrected, and adjust accordingly.
tuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:46 PM   #8405
Bitchface
banned
 
Bitchface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: HANTZ
Posts: 6,917
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Seems like nothing more than Clark and tuq personally disliking Jetto's posting and wanting to get rid of him. Most of the forum likes him so why make such a big deal about it?
Bitchface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:59 PM   #8406
mjw0586
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mjw0586's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 37,375
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

If we are going to start banning people that post in threads we like, aren't all that insightful, and detract from our overall posting experience, I request that the following people be banned:

agdci
ColeW
SchererBoy
EYESCREW
vixticator
nath
STA654
goofyballer
aejones
capone0
TomCollins
all the college basketball posters
tercet

Thanks in advance. I'll PM triumph to make sure this list is okay with him.
mjw0586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:00 PM   #8407
PoseidonCubed
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
PoseidonCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 1996 not 1886
Posts: 13,885
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Jetto seems to regularly post in NVG. That's a ton of pain to go through just for the sake of a gimmick.
PoseidonCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:02 PM   #8408
Booker Woodfox
Pooh-Bah
 
Booker Woodfox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ohio State compliance dept
Posts: 5,574
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitchface View Post
Seems like nothing more than Clark and tuq personally disliking Jetto's posting and wanting to get rid of him. Most of the forum likes him so why make such a big deal about it?
Are you extrapolating Jetto's five or six defenders ITT into "most of the forum likes him" or is there other evidence to support your conclusion?

er, I mean, show your work.
Booker Woodfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:03 PM   #8409
TimmayB
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TimmayB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Master of the Obvious
Posts: 12,085
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw0586 View Post
If we are going to start banning people that post in threads we like, aren't all that insightful, and detract from our overall posting experience, I request that the following people be banned:

agdci
ColeW
SchererBoy
EYESCREW
vixticator
nath
STA654
goofyballer
aejones
capone0
TomCollins
all the college basketball posters
tercet

Thanks in advance. I'll PM triumph to make sure this list is okay with him.
Make sure you edit Triumph's name into the list before you send said PM.
TimmayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:08 PM   #8410
Bitchface
banned
 
Bitchface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: HANTZ
Posts: 6,917
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booker Woodfox View Post
Are you extrapolating Jetto's five or six defenders ITT into "most of the forum likes him" or is there other evidence to support your conclusion?

show your work.
There are much more than 5-6 people who praise Jetto's posting. A lot of people like it, pay attention. I mean here's what one of his haters just said ffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumph36 View Post
i'd be fine with him if people did not quote his worst work and say +1 or 'yes jetto rules' or the like. it'll be a problem to me in a few days.
Bitchface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:08 PM   #8411
tuq
TEEJ
 
tuq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Posts: 46,363
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitchface View Post
Seems like nothing more than Clark and tuq personally disliking Jetto's posting and wanting to get rid of him. Most of the forum likes him so why make such a big deal about it?
Well, from memory it's also pretty clear that JackofArcades and tarheeljks both have ongoing issues with him. Along with Triumph they are among the forum's best posters, which means their opinion carries a lot of weight.
tuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:10 PM   #8412
TimmayB
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TimmayB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Master of the Obvious
Posts: 12,085
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuq View Post
Well, from memory it's also pretty clear that JackofArcades and tarheeljks both have ongoing issues with him. Along with Triumph they are among the forum's best posters, which means their opinion carries a lot of weight.
A whole lot of the forum's good posters have a problem with almost everyone in the list mjw posted as well. Are we going to ban them too?
TimmayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:11 PM   #8413
tuq
TEEJ
 
tuq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Posts: 46,363
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmayB View Post
A whole lot of the forum's good posters have a problem with almost everyone in the list mjw posted as well. Are we going to ban them too?
No? You got another stupid post up your sleeve?
tuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:14 PM   #8414
Bitchface
banned
 
Bitchface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: HANTZ
Posts: 6,917
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuq View Post
Well, from memory it's also pretty clear that JackofArcades and tarheeljks both have ongoing issues with him. Along with Triumph they are among the forum's best posters, which means their opinion carries a lot of weight.
I don't think JOA or tarheel would advocate banning Jetto for no reason. It's pretty easy to deal with posting you dislike without banning the person. Nothing he does disrupts any discussion or breaks any rules (more than like dozens of other posters crappy posting). This would set a pretty horrendous precedent. Like mjw pointed out, if you ban Jetto, why stop there? There are much worse and disruptive posters than him.

Spoiler:
Bitchface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #8415
TimmayB
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TimmayB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Master of the Obvious
Posts: 12,085
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuq View Post
No? You got another stupid post up your sleeve?
So banning one poster because good posters have a problem with him is okay - but asking the same of other [even worse] posters because good posters have a problem with them is stupid? Got it.
TimmayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #8416
Booker Woodfox
Pooh-Bah
 
Booker Woodfox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ohio State compliance dept
Posts: 5,574
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitchface View Post
There are much more than 5-6 people who praise Jetto's posting. A lot of people like it, pay attention. I mean here's what one of his haters just said ffs.
So how about listing some of them? I do pay attention to this thread and there are about 5-6 people who have come to his defense in this thread. Which is what I said. I asked you to show your work and you couldn't even be bothered to read what I wrote. Typical BS. You could at least tell me where to look for Jetto praise. I don't read every thread in this forum and don't hang out on skype.

And that's hardly effusive praise of Jetto by a hater.
Booker Woodfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:19 PM   #8417
Bitchface
banned
 
Bitchface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: HANTZ
Posts: 6,917
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booker Woodfox View Post
So how about listing some of them? I do pay attention to this thread and there are about 5-6 people who have come to his defense in this thread. Which is what I said. I asked you to show your work and you couldn't even be bothered to read what I wrote. Typical BS. You could at least tell me where to look for Jetto praise. I don't read every thread in this forum and don't hang out on skype.

And that's hardly effusive praise of Jetto by a hater.
Most people don't post in this thread and I have better things to do than sit here and compile a list of posts of people dapping up Jetto. Search his posts and see the reactions of people if you're so interested. There are like 30 regs on Skype and most of them like him.
Bitchface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:19 PM   #8418
C-Viggity
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
C-Viggity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GOOD FEELING
Posts: 28,618
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

i am on team clark and team tuq usually

on the SE mod world tour, they are the headlining duet
C-Viggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:21 PM   #8419
Bitchface
banned
 
Bitchface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: HANTZ
Posts: 6,917
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmayB View Post
So banning one poster because good posters have a problem with him is okay - but asking the same of other [even worse] posters because good posters have a problem with them is stupid? Got it.
This does appear to be their position.
Bitchface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:24 PM   #8420
Dyenimator
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dyenimator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: It's the D.Y.E.
Posts: 23,131
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booker Woodfox View Post
So how about listing some of them? I do pay attention to this thread and there are about 5-6 people who have come to his defense in this thread. Which is what I said. I asked you to show your work and you couldn't even be bothered to read what I wrote. Typical BS. You could at least tell me where to look for Jetto praise. I don't read every thread in this forum and don't hang out on skype.

And that's hardly effusive praise of Jetto by a hater.
TZ Madness
Dyenimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:25 PM   #8421
tuq
TEEJ
 
tuq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Posts: 46,363
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmayB View Post
So banning one poster because good posters have a problem with him is okay - but asking the same of other posters because good posters have a problem with them is stupid? Got it.
Huh?

TuT says "well it looks like only two people don't like Jetto so what's the problem?"

I point out that it's hyperbole and cite other examples to refute his point.

You come along and say "well are these other people going to be banned too?"

WTF does that have to do with me refuting his obviously incorrect point?
tuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:28 PM   #8422
Dudd
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: pm karak w/ ffb questions
Posts: 54,252
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Jetto seems too harmless to ban, he doesn't trainwreck threads enough to make his casualfan, captain obvious thing banworthy
Dudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:32 PM   #8423
FlyingRat
banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 20,409
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

I have a motion.

Spoiler:
FlyingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:32 PM   #8424
TimmayB
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TimmayB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Master of the Obvious
Posts: 12,085
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuq View Post
Huh?

TuT says "well it looks like only two people don't like Jetto so what's the problem?"

I point out that it's hyperbole and cite other examples to refute his point.

You come along and say "well are these other people going to be banned too?"

WTF does that have to do with me refuting his obviously incorrect point?
This is all fine but you're dodging the question I'm asking. You're pretty much saying your position is that banning Jetto is okay since some of the posters have a problem with him, but doing the same to others that people have problems with isn't? Or am I still not understanding where you stand on the issue? For example, what makes Jetto banworthy and a turrible poster like agdci not?
TimmayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:40 PM   #8425
Bitchface
banned
 
Bitchface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: HANTZ
Posts: 6,917
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
I am not a statistics guy, but ill concur with that one. i lied, I will admit I am a huge fan of statistics
This was just posted by the man himself. I mean, how could you not think a sentence like that is funny?
Bitchface is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive