Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 09:33 PM   #7701
Dyenimator
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dyenimator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: It's the D.Y.E.
Posts: 23,131
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

I think we're just lacking the iron fist of Thremp. Bringing him back might be the key to a rise in quality.
Dyenimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:35 PM   #7702
TimmayB
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TimmayB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Master of the Obvious
Posts: 12,085
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Free Thremp and odellllllllllllllllllllll
TimmayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:36 PM   #7703
kkcountry
BBV MS Paint Rapid Response Squad
 
kkcountry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: dimichele ripped
Posts: 31,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyenimator View Post
I think we're just lacking the iron fist of Thremp. Bringing him back might be the key to a rise in quality.
subscribed
kkcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:36 PM   #7704
MEb
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MEb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 24,705
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

thremp was not an SE ban, so there really isn't anything we can do.
MEb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:41 PM   #7705
JumanjiBoard
See my DFS Coaching Thread
 
JumanjiBoard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SDSU got the fake experts mad
Posts: 11,622
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

I don't get the issue here. It's TZ vs Triumph crew? I've never understood their hate of TZ. TZ is quite easy to be a part of. All you need to do is have an understanding of advanced stats.

At first I didn't understand them either. Luckily my school wasn't an arts school without grades though so slowly I self taught myself what they meant. If you can't understand them, ask someone for help understanding them. If Triumph's crews issue is their lack of understanding in percentages then they should just say so. They seem to have the sortbyXXX down judging by their high standing in inferior sports threads. Baby steps towards the main goal. We can all get there and respect each other.

Last edited by JumanjiBoard; 03-07-2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Let's go Aztecs!
JumanjiBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:43 PM   #7706
MEb
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MEb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 24,705
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

blatche though
MEb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:49 PM   #7707
D104
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
D104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In a better place.
Posts: 18,272
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitchface View Post
Epi definitely has his own style btw. His recent thing is that he makes tons of posts he doesn't actually believe to get a rise out of people. I guess it doesn't bother me since it's so easy to notice but I guess others struggle with this? I mean today he said Pierce>Kobe and it spawned like hours of discussion that he wasn't even a part of. I think he's pretty funny most of the time though. I don't know why people get so mad over the Ke$ha stuff.
not trying to single epi out here, this applies to everyone

but the bolded is perhaps the largest problem w/ this forum - trolling that is disguised as actual content

it's near impossible to moderate though, so im not really sure what can be done other than asking people to stop
D104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:53 PM   #7708
GeoffRas22
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
GeoffRas22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Please God, let this be it...
Posts: 40,148
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

why is it so important to nath/pudge/triumph that everyone posts as smart as them?

or i guess, why are things that they find dumb or disagree with viewed as "ruining the forum"
GeoffRas22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:53 PM   #7709
Needle77
No Longer Protecting
 
Needle77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Kutztown is in the Hall of Fame
Posts: 43,170
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Wow...Bitchface is TuT? Did I know this already and forgot? I thought it was someone else's gimmick that has gone on to long. LOL.
Needle77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:55 PM   #7710
Dyenimator
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dyenimator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: It's the D.Y.E.
Posts: 23,131
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needle77 View Post
Wow...Bitchface is TuT? Did I know this already and forgot? I thought it was someone else's gimmick that has gone on to long. LOL.
Apparently it's been discussed in the mod forum. You asleep at the switch?
Dyenimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:56 PM   #7711
All-inMcLovin
Wholesome Mod
 
All-inMcLovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FLOP SO HARD POPOVICH WANNA SIGN ME
Posts: 40,422
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Check out this new movie:

It's sure to be a blockbuster hit!

All-inMcLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:56 PM   #7712
LuckyLloyd
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LuckyLloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: There's always next year...
Posts: 11,130
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
link 10 posts within a year from today where i memetard pls, i don't think there are moar than like 3 but i wanna be on the safe side
Would you have made these two posts two and a half years ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
i thought about it moar and after their careers are done, pierce > kobe
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
better defender, better rebounder, and prob around the same offensive player

better apm as well
Maybe some of you boys are genuinely just bored, and if that's the case then we can lock up this discussion right now because the forum is a lost cause with the current membership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
when u've figured out everything there is to know about analyzing basketball u get bored and want to have some fun once and a while
Though honestly, as a man who doesn't know a whole lot about basketball I struggle to believe that's true...
LuckyLloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:57 PM   #7713
TimmayB
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TimmayB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Master of the Obvious
Posts: 12,085
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-inMcLovin View Post
Check out this new movie:

It's sure to be a blockbuster hit!

WINNING.
TimmayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:58 PM   #7714
Triumph36
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Triumph36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Osi Ukin'-yora
Posts: 40,914
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffRas22 View Post
why is it so important to nath/pudge/triumph that everyone posts as smart as them?

or i guess, why are things that they find dumb or disagree with viewed as "ruining the forum"
sigh. d10's post sums up the way i feel pretty perfectly. the biggest problem with the forum is people intentionally leveling everyone. this is pretty much the only kind of post i ever read from tut. but again, it won't matter until the NFL starts up again (if it does at all this year), so it's kind of a moot point.
Triumph36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:59 PM   #7715
Needle77
No Longer Protecting
 
Needle77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Kutztown is in the Hall of Fame
Posts: 43,170
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyenimator View Post
Apparently it's been discussed in the mod forum. You asleep at the switch?
There's a mod forum?
Needle77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:04 PM   #7716
sethypooh21
Make or Miss League
 
sethypooh21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Nylon Calculus etc.
Posts: 47,038
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needle77 View Post
There's a mod forum?
shhhhhh
sethypooh21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:19 PM   #7717
Phildo
doesn't watch the games
 
Phildo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: champagne room
Posts: 22,773
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

it's not ruining the forum and i think mods infracting/banning for it would be bad and probably arbitrary. i'm fine with ignoring 100% of epi and rat posts, 75% of tut posts and 50% of vic posts. i just think it's really really really not funny or clever. you'd think they'd be better at trolling consider how much time they spend doing it.

Last edited by Phildo; 03-07-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Phildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:21 PM   #7718
jmill
Freak you Bobo Fett
 
jmill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Earth, Jupiter, Mars
Posts: 19,752
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
people that spend a lot of time posting and supposedly thinking about sports that don't read up on advanced statistics generally deserve to be patronized.

casual fans who just wanna watch sports and not think about it don't really though.
: /

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobboFitos View Post
I concur with this, actually. The image above what Phildo posts is actually ridiculous, specifically because if you WANT to be a casual fan, by all means, BE ONE. If it makes your enjoyment of a sport/game that much greater, well,

but people here actually spend a lot of time thinking and analyzing etc., so... they by definition are NOT casual fans. So if you're going to walk half the road, you may as well walk the rest and actually understand a little bit of what it is you really like (etc etc)

Dude, that image wasn't meant to be taken that serious, but the only people who deserve to be patronized are the ones who act really douchey and arrogant about how right they are, when they're horribly wrong. By all means soul crush them.

But don't do it to someone just because they post here a lot, but aren't as knowledgeable because they don't spend quite as much time as you learning about the newest advanced stats. You can educate them without insulting them, otherwise you just end up looking like the fool, and they end up less likely to listen to whatever it is you have to say.
jmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:33 AM   #7719
BobboFitos
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BobboFitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cambridge, MA
Posts: 72,764
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
I have like 7-8 show your works, for like 7-8 memetards total. There are probably 50 people in SE who have memetarded moar than that.
For the record, almost half of those were directed at me. At first they were funny, now they're not. Would it be better if it stopped? Sure. Is it ban worthy or anything like that? LoL come on people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge714 View Post
this is pretty good work to be honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
trust me if i had used "u mad" in a memetard way police chief pudge would be here within 5 seconds to call me out on it
You're the king of using that u s&d keisha jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbfc View Post
The thread-title and subforum stuff was what I was referring to as forum formatting, which I agree are perfectly reasonable mod actions.

As for the name-calling, I think it's a little naive to think that helped anything. I guess a few thin-skinned posters may have liked it better (not that I particularly care to share a forum with them anyway, I'd imagine), but it's generally just a mockery where more time gets wasted debating about what is or isn't over some imaginary line of offensiveness. I don't consider it a win (or a loss for that matter) if name-calling is simply forced to appear worded slightly differently. I will agree, though, that there was a fair amount of entertainment value provided by reading the ban lists, if only because they served as a nice mix-tape of amusing forum moments, but I don't imagine that was the ultimate purpose the rules were created to serve....



Who are these people? They have been referred to abstractly by multiple mods now, but I'm finding it hard to think of any reasonable candidates. I'll admit, though, that not everyone shares the same opinion about what makes a poster a "contributor".



False modesty unbecoming of a poster of your quality!



You've got this completely backwards. I became real-life friends with Assani in the first place 100% because of his posting on here, and the same is true with Bobbo.

Adding the FBG draft template might seem like an obvious negligible contribution now, but nobody else had done it, and I don't see who else would have. The scale of the exercises and the volume and thoroughness of debate they spawned is unrivaled across the entirety of 2+2 afaict, including spreading to multiple other forums, some of which have even banned Assani (or at least had for a time....I don't keep that up-to-date on these things) because they are run by morons.

To sum up his contributions as the FBG draft, biased football analysis (as if any of the rest of the self-aware lot here are above this), and a thread about Denver is silliness, and you're better than that. There is nobody on here, Bobbo excluded, who is willing to explore the depths of an argument anywhere near the level Assani will. That he is sometimes (or often, as happens when you post a lot) wrong is so completely irrelevant that I don't know what else to say. The fact that these aspects are so often seen as a negative on here is simply disappointing. Maybe the forum would be better if instead of worrying about modding meme overuse, our good veteran posters wouldn't stoke the flames with dismissive accusations of "bobbotarding" or "assanitrolling" when these guys go out of their way to post what comprises almost all of what's left of interesting, thought-provoking content in TZ these days.

His artful trolling is just icing.
Gotta say this is a great post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudd View Post
Yeah, anything relating to Ke$ha was a pox on this forum and good taste in general
Yeah, the whole Keisha influx was awful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack of Arcades View Post
I'd like specific example of posts that people find annoying about Epi/Vic/Tut. I know they exist, it'd be cool if we got them instead of just complaints. That way we could actually talk about the specifics of what we don't like.
JoA is a smart man - why aren't people following his example

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-inMcLovin View Post
Check out this new movie:

It's sure to be a blockbuster hit!

lol great work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmill View Post
Dude, that image wasn't meant to be taken that serious, but the only people who deserve to be patronized are the ones who act really douchey and arrogant about how right they are, when they're horribly wrong. By all means soul crush them.

But don't do it to someone just because they post here a lot, but aren't as knowledgeable because they don't spend quite as much time as you learning about the newest advanced stats. You can educate them without insulting them, otherwise you just end up looking like the fool, and they end up less likely to listen to whatever it is you have to say.
I agree. I also think I rarely am insulting. I can see why others do it, though.
BobboFitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:03 AM   #7720
Phildo
doesn't watch the games
 
Phildo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: champagne room
Posts: 22,773
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmill View Post
: /




Dude, that image wasn't meant to be taken that serious, but the only people who deserve to be patronized are the ones who act really douchey and arrogant about how right they are, when they're horribly wrong. By all means soul crush them.

But don't do it to someone just because they post here a lot, but aren't as knowledgeable because they don't spend quite as much time as you learning about the newest advanced stats. You can educate them without insulting them, otherwise you just end up looking like the fool, and they end up less likely to listen to whatever it is you have to say.
if you say so.
Phildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:13 AM   #7721
sethypooh21
Make or Miss League
 
sethypooh21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Nylon Calculus etc.
Posts: 47,038
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobboFitos View Post
I agree. I also think I rarely am insulting. I can see why others do it, though.
I think you sometimes (probably accidentally) fall into a gray area were your tone can be mistaken for dismissive and/or insulting. It's not completely your fault, because tone is hard sometimes, but you should be aware that the intended tone doesn't always come across, and not that people shouldn't be thicker skinned, but it CAN seem unwelcoming and aggressive if someone doesn't know how to parse his Bobbo.
sethypooh21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:05 AM   #7722
BobboFitos
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BobboFitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cambridge, MA
Posts: 72,764
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethypooh21 View Post
I think you sometimes (probably accidentally) fall into a gray area were your tone can be mistaken for dismissive and/or insulting. It's not completely your fault, because tone is hard sometimes, but you should be aware that the intended tone doesn't always come across, and not that people shouldn't be thicker skinned, but it CAN seem unwelcoming and aggressive if someone doesn't know how to parse his Bobbo.
I think you're right.
BobboFitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:03 AM   #7723
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
Re: NBA Season Thread 2010-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalledDownLight View Post
he was an awful poster 3 years ago in the fr forum so its safe to say it was long before he came to SE.
funny u say this since it was only u and a few other tards who disliked me where as u were disliked by pretty much everyone
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:04 AM   #7724
EPiPeN11
banned
 
EPiPeN11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: akon is the goat
Posts: 18,605
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobboFitos View Post
You're the king of using that u s&d keisha jpeg
even tho i invented it i've rarley used this so i dunno how i could possibly be the king of it (which implied using it the most)
EPiPeN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #7725
ClarkNasty
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ClarkNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 10x the man Clarkmeister is
Posts: 35,385
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
funny u say this since it was only u and a few other tards who disliked me where as u were disliked by pretty much everyone
Eh, you were hated by a lot of posters. Pretty shocked you'd say this other than trying to be argumentative since I think you're reasonably self aware.

It's also nice that you don't even deny that you've sucked and even TuT acknowledges what you've been doing. When KBFC calls you out for sucking, you know it's pretty bad. Which is a shame because you're capable of contributing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiPeN11 View Post
even tho i invented it i've rarley used this so i dunno how i could possibly be the king of it (which implied using it the most)
This is just silly. Who do you think you're kidding? I think it's cute that you are trying to carefully define what you're saying so you can try and get all legalese about it in arguments. You're without question one of the leading meme people. U mad, Kesha, show your work.

Last edited by ClarkNasty; 03-08-2011 at 11:27 AM.
ClarkNasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive