Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2010, 09:51 PM   #6001
Steroid Boy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Steroid Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Backpacking Bananas
Posts: 42,156
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

eh
Steroid Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:57 PM   #6002
72off
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
72off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: WATZ POPPIIN!!
Posts: 62,115
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Comin View Post
There's a online poker thingy that's going to be attached to the tax cuts that's been on the news for a while to regulate online poker, but if it passes there's a 15 month "blackout" where there will be no online poker...
i'm pretty sure this means that the terrorists have won.

why does America hate freedom?
72off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:13 PM   #6003
NozeCandy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NozeCandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: lol goofybawler
Posts: 29,251
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

I wouldn't mind if that logic was applied to other scenarios, like 15 months of nut grabbing by the TSA to make flying extra safe and no more security for the rest of our lives. I know that's a flawed comparison, but I was just booking flights and remembering how dumb security is.
NozeCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:20 PM   #6004
vixticator
clutch
 
vixticator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Watch the throne
Posts: 117,345
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Just read last two pages of UMich thread, lol awesome. ILP brings Chomsky into every conversation. Pretty impressive actually.
vixticator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:27 PM   #6005
wiper
still catching up
 
wiper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA#1
Posts: 42,777
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

just found a hookup on ambien/lunesta.

non-narcotic.

and will put you OUT, yet wake you up with feathers...

crazy dreams the last few nights..

anyone else?

i mean, it's pretty obviously this weekend i'm going to drink my face off and then pop them and see what happens. or, i just did it.

weird ****. i mean, if you drink with this stuff, craaazy stuff happens. i mean, taken the way it's supposed to, yeah, i sleep almost the entire night through. but if i take on while i'm still drinking assuming i'll sleep soon??? yikes.

Last edited by wiper; 12-07-2010 at 10:48 PM.
wiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:31 PM   #6006
72off
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
72off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: WATZ POPPIIN!!
Posts: 62,115
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

so i guess he got into the rest of those Four Loko's?
72off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:52 PM   #6007
wiper
still catching up
 
wiper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA#1
Posts: 42,777
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

for the record, i've always had an awful time falling asleep...from teenage til now. if i know i have to wake up at a certain time, i will toss and turn until about 2 hours before that wakeup call, only to be groggy and slow allll daaay.

i grown to kinda be able to control it using beer and a strict schedule. and even then, sometimes my mind just doesn't shut off. ugghh

soooo, i got these ambien/lunestas and i'm trying to figure optimum strategy with 'em.

optimum strategy is NOT drink all day and pop one to make you go to sleep...lol. you'll be weirded out with what's to come. maybe right before bed would be better.

will check back again, when the lines i'm typing are a little straighter.
wiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:54 PM   #6008
wiper
still catching up
 
wiper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA#1
Posts: 42,777
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72off View Post
so i guess he got into the rest of those Four Loko's?
no! like 8+ beers (standard) and a glass of homemade wine. my basic tuesday night. it's just 45 minutes ago i ate an ambien and typing it out doesn't do it justice. my house is just weird. i dunno.

probably time for bed. i'll report back later. though the chances i remember this on my own is probably +4000.
wiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:58 PM   #6009
NozeCandy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NozeCandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: lol goofybawler
Posts: 29,251
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Wiper imma bang yo wife dis weekend.
NozeCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:08 PM   #6010
vixticator
clutch
 
vixticator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Watch the throne
Posts: 117,345
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

ambien doesn't have any side effects to me and ive been taking that **** forever. maybe when combined with a lot of alcohol i wouldnt know. but it doesnt actually help me fall asleep anymore i just cant sleep if i dont take it. lol addiction.
vixticator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:26 PM   #6011
Karak
ELIte
 
Karak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 62,729
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Re: poker ban, since I see some discussion here.

1) I can say with very good certainty your money is safe in Stars FTP at the current time. Now don't come bitching at me if something crazy happens, but I'd be shocked if either site screwed anyone over. They'd either pull out once the bill was passed to get a license, or they would stay in the market until they were forced out. They've made it very clear they are interested in the former, and if they are, then they won't be screwing anyone. Plus I've come to trust those sites.

2) I don't think the bill will pass at this point based on what I've been told.

If anyone has any questions, let me know. I've been pretty involved with learning about and discussing the impending legislation.
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:29 PM   #6012
ikestoys
banned
 
ikestoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: and don't vote trump/sanders
Posts: 94,444
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixticator View Post
ambien doesn't have any side effects to me and ive been taking that **** forever. maybe when combined with a lot of alcohol i wouldnt know. but it doesnt actually help me fall asleep anymore i just cant sleep if i dont take it. lol addiction.
Ambien has some pretty crazy side effects for some people. My wife was prescribed it for awhile (she has narcolepsy), and she described her experience as having a dream while awake. She says it was one of the weirdest and scariest things that has every happened to her. She thought she was going insane.

ETA: DR IKKKKKKKKKKKKESSSS
ikestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:29 PM   #6013
Needle77
No Longer Protecting
 
Needle77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Kutztown is in the Hall of Fame
Posts: 43,170
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiper View Post
no! like 8+ beers (standard) and a glass of homemade wine. my basic tuesday night. it's just 45 minutes ago i ate an ambien and typing it out doesn't do it justice. my house is just weird. i dunno.

probably time for bed. i'll report back later. though the chances i remember this on my own is probably +4000.
Wiper.

GOAT
Needle77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:37 PM   #6014
vixticator
clutch
 
vixticator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Watch the throne
Posts: 117,345
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikestoys View Post
Ambien has some pretty crazy side effects for some people. My wife was prescribed it for awhile (she has narcolepsy), and she described her experience as having a dream while awake. She says it was one of the weirdest and scariest things that has every happened to her. She thought she was going insane.

ETA: DR IKKKKKKKKKKKKESSSS
I've heard some weird ambien stories but have never experienced any of it. Doesn't make me tired but helps me stay asleep. No side effects to note of any kind. Why such wide reactions? Seems like ambien has wildly differing side effects compared to just bout everything.

Also, Dr Ikes, I take ambien + klonopin + vicodin each night and have for years now. Chances I wind up llike Heath Ledger? (I don't drink, ever, if that helps!)
vixticator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:39 PM   #6015
vixticator
clutch
 
vixticator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Watch the throne
Posts: 117,345
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak View Post
Re: poker ban, since I see some discussion here.

1) I can say with very good certainty your money is safe in Stars FTP at the current time. Now don't come bitching at me if something crazy happens, but I'd be shocked if either site screwed anyone over. They'd either pull out once the bill was passed to get a license, or they would stay in the market until they were forced out. They've made it very clear they are interested in the former, and if they are, then they won't be screwing anyone. Plus I've come to trust those sites.

2) I don't think the bill will pass at this point based on what I've been told.

If anyone has any questions, let me know. I've been pretty involved with learning about and discussing the impending legislation.
Will the money be frozen for 15mos or can I just not play? If it passes obv.
vixticator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:45 PM   #6016
Karak
ELIte
 
Karak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 62,729
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixticator View Post
Will the money be frozen for 15mos or can I just not play? If it passes obv.
No.
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:53 PM   #6017
NozeCandy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NozeCandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: lol goofybawler
Posts: 29,251
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Vix go hit up the phrama drugs thread in OOT. It's really good.
NozeCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:57 PM   #6018
ikestoys
banned
 
ikestoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: and don't vote trump/sanders
Posts: 94,444
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixticator View Post
I've heard some weird ambien stories but have never experienced any of it. Doesn't make me tired but helps me stay asleep. No side effects to note of any kind. Why such wide reactions? Seems like ambien has wildly differing side effects compared to just bout everything.

Also, Dr Ikes, I take ambien + klonopin + vicodin each night and have for years now. Chances I wind up llike Heath Ledger? (I don't drink, ever, if that helps!)
Jeebus dude, a sleeping aid, benzo and opiate? That's pretty nuts. As long as you are careful you should be ok though.

Regardless, you should probably stop taking the vicodin and replace it with something called norco. It's basically the same thing pain killing wise, but it has less tylenol so it doesn't damage your liver as much and is safer. If you got your script filled recently it might have already changed.

I have no idea why people have such wildly differing side effects. I'd guess it'd be some variation of people are different.
ikestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:21 AM   #6019
vixticator
clutch
 
vixticator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Watch the throne
Posts: 117,345
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

I only take 6 or 7 of the 7.5/750 pills per day.

GG liver? Neither of my doctors seems to have a problem with it. Think I'm towards the upper end of what is safe though.
vixticator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:25 AM   #6020
Karak
ELIte
 
Karak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 62,729
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

why do you take the pills
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:27 AM   #6021
ikestoys
banned
 
ikestoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: and don't vote trump/sanders
Posts: 94,444
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixticator View Post
I only take 6 or 7 of the 7.5/750 pills per day.

GG liver? Neither of my doctors seems to have a problem with it. Think I'm towards the upper end of what is safe though.
It's not GG liver, there's just been a few recent studies to come out that basically say the overall effect of tylenol is negative. Norco just uses less tylenol (350mg)
ikestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:37 AM   #6022
MEb
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
MEb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 24,705
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiper View Post
for the record, i've always had an awful time falling asleep
If you have trouble sleeping, you should absolutely never touch Four Loko.
MEb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:48 AM   #6023
Geddy Lee
Good Ol' Canadian Boy
 
Geddy Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Obi-Sean, you're our only hope
Posts: 25,361
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

Hopefully I don't sleep tonight.

Who's an expert on population ecology here?
Geddy Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:50 AM   #6024
ikestoys
banned
 
ikestoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: and don't vote trump/sanders
Posts: 94,444
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

MT2R
ikestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:03 AM   #6025
WaterWalker
Pooh-Bah
 
WaterWalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Whats this?...A Roll of Quarters?
Posts: 3,901
re: SE FAQ, Liveblog, Foodblog, and Forum Discussion

I can't stand watching the Jerry Springer show for more then 3 seconds.
WaterWalker is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive