Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #53926
PocketChads
guaranteed 42-10 finish
 
PocketChads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: am I super intelligent OH HELL NO
Posts: 22,080
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog & FREE MONEY!!!

Wait, who's the horse and who's the bus?
PocketChads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #53927
ut2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ut2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Religion in the fack killed my soul
Posts: 38,732
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog & FREE MONEY!!!

Thought Mad Men sucked dick at 1st too. Gave it another try and became addicted.
ut2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #53928
tuq
TEEJ
 
tuq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Posts: 46,363
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog & FREE MONEY!!!

Sucking dick or Mad Men?
tuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:16 PM   #53929
tuq
TEEJ
 
tuq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Posts: 46,363
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog & FREE MONEY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Tanner View Post
Depends on the sport. Things like Colts games are always on local channels anyway unless it's a Thurs. game in which case I'll likely head to a bar with some friends. Pacers games I stream (mostly in the background). MLB games are similar (Pirates games are actually occasionally hard to stream as no one watches them lol).

The biggest issue with not paying for cable is missing out on HD NCAA games and Pacers games. Still though, it's just such a huge leak imo to pay cable rates for those two things.

If things were piecemeal it would be a hugely different story imo but as it stands I can get everything I watch on demand via steaming and all I miss out on are HD games (can still watch SD obv).
Look, I DETEST Cox cable. It's hard to imagine they could be less repugnant than Comcast or [fill in the blank evil local cable company]. My cable bill (which includes high speed internet) is more than my cell phone AND power bill combined. That's totally ridiculous. I would love to tell Cox to gfy, but there's too much value to me in the sports content - including RedZone, NFL, NBA, and MLB channels - and having a DVR tie everything together - not to mention having HBO for its HBO Go content to get rid of it as of right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilltown View Post
I just watched part of Independence Day on TV.

HOLY **** IS THAT A CHEESY MOVIE

I remember we had a VHS of that thing and watching it every time we went to our cottage. I use to think it was a great movie. lol at opinions at an early age.
Independence Day is a comically bad movie, it's like a B-movie with an A-list cast. Saw it in a theater and we were laughing at the suspensions of disbelief required to buy in to the story. Giant flaming fireball incinerating everyone in a freeway tunnel? No problem, just duck into this small nook and you'll be fine! Drunk and need to learn how to fly a fighter jet to take on aliens and only have a half an hour to do it? Not to worry, just drink a cup of coffee! lol, so ****ing terrible.
tuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #53930
chim17
Snowboarding concerts and punk music
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 56,127
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog & FREE MONEY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Tanner View Post
Depends on the sport. Things like Colts games are always on local channels anyway unless it's a Thurs. game in which case I'll likely head to a bar with some friends. Pacers games I stream (mostly in the background). MLB games are similar (Pirates games are actually occasionally hard to stream as no one watches them lol).

The biggest issue with not paying for cable is missing out on HD NCAA games and Pacers games. Still though, it's just such a huge leak imo to pay cable rates for those two things.

If things were piecemeal it would be a hugely different story imo but as it stands I can get everything I watch on demand via steaming and all I miss out on are HD games (can still watch SD obv).
I would like to drop cable.. I really would. But RZC, Thursday/Sunday/Monday night football, Nuggets games.. its worth it for sure. I do cancel the extra 10 dollar sports package when not football season, since the whole purpose is RZC.

Plus I kinda like some of the Food Network shows at times.

edit: Saw Tuq's response.. DVR convenience and HBO are worth it for sure. I mean.. sure I could stream a lot, but DVR is so convenient.
chim17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #53931
RT
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
RT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 42,933
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog & FREE MONEY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuq View Post
Look, I DETEST Cox cable. It's hard to imagine they could be less repugnant than Comcast or [fill in the blank evil local cable company]. My cable bill (which includes high speed internet) is more than my cell phone AND power bill combined. That's totally ridiculous. I would love to tell Cox to gfy, but there's too much value to me in the sports content - including RedZone, NFL, NBA, and MLB channels - and having a DVR tie everything together - not to mention having HBO for its HBO Go content to get rid of it as of right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chim17 View Post
I would like to drop cable.. I really would. But RZC, Thursday/Sunday/Monday night football, Nuggets games.. its worth it for sure. I do cancel the extra 10 dollar sports package when not football season, since the whole purpose is RZC.

Plus I kinda like some of the Food Network shows at times.

edit: Saw Tuq's response.. DVR convenience and HBO are worth it for sure. I mean.. sure I could stream a lot, but DVR is so convenient.
The most ****ed up part is it isn't about the money. I'm hardly balling at Clark-esque levels of out-of-control, but the extra $150 or so a month isn't really significant. I just feel so damn dirty paying for cable when live sports are the only thing I'd get from it.

NFL Sundays are usually: Colts game on TV, Yahoo FFB ticker on Laptop1, and NFL RZ stream on Laptop2. They're pretty fun days.

Quote:
Independence Day is a comically bad movie, it's like a B-movie with an A-list cast. Saw it in a theater and we were laughing at the suspensions of disbelief required to buy in to the story. Giant flaming fireball incinerating everyone in a freeway tunnel? No problem, just duck into this small nook and you'll be fine! Drunk and need to learn how to fly a fighter jet to take on aliens and only have a half an hour to do it? Not to worry, just drink a cup of coffee! lol, so ****ing terrible.
Don't forget the fact that apparently alien computers are able to communicate with Apple OS.
RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #53932
A-Rod's Cousin
banned
 
A-Rod's Cousin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Michelle Wie=the next Michelle Wie.
Posts: 37,168
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog & FREE MONEY!!!

Independence Day is one of the best bad movies ever made. I always like that my university was like the first thing the alien ship blew up.

Jeff Goldblum's dad WOAT character though.
A-Rod's Cousin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #53933
kkcountry
BBV MS Paint Rapid Response Squad
 
kkcountry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: dimichele ripped
Posts: 31,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuq View Post
Seems like kind of a PITA but then again having your keyboard right there could be useful I guess.
Lol what

Am I the only one itt with a dedicated htpc? Got a mini tower with a wireless keyboard, optical out, and a 4x3TB RAID array
kkcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:12 PM   #53934
kkcountry
BBV MS Paint Rapid Response Squad
 
kkcountry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: dimichele ripped
Posts: 31,249
I have a dvr but only use it while watching live events, everything else is taken care of by Richard Jefferson and his sick beard
kkcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:37 PM   #53935
Shark Doctor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Shark Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GTA
Posts: 11,739
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog & FREE MONEY!!!

We decided to stay home tonight. Made an amazing dinner. I've had a glass (or few) of Balvenie DoubleWood 12. Made an awesome almond encrusted rack of lamb. And even decided to try out these bacon wrapped baked eggs with goat cheese; amazing btw.( I'll post pics later). Pretty tipsy ATM.

But the best part of the night (so far) was checking up on my 5 month old boy sleeping upstairs and seeing him sound asleep, semi snoring, in the Usain Bolt pose. Lightning bolt! /priceless
Shark Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:43 PM   #53936
Chilltown
SuperMegaElitePoster
 
Chilltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Asgard
Posts: 39,695
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog & FREE MONEY!!!

You sound so old Shark...
Chilltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:46 PM   #53937
schu_22
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
schu_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: One yard
Posts: 38,447
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog & FREE MONEY!!!

Garcon! Another Scotch!
schu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #53938
Shark Doctor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Shark Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GTA
Posts: 11,739
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog & FREE MONEY!!!

32 and yes to another Scotch; it's still early.
Shark Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:06 AM   #53939
RT
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
RT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 42,933
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog & FREE MONEY!!!

Taco Bell is launching a Cool Ranch Locos Taco early this month. Misstep or Genius?
RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:19 AM   #53940
Dudd
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: pm karak w/ ffb questions
Posts: 54,252
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog & FREE MONEY!!!

It's the natural extensions of the existing Doritos taco, how can it be a misstep?
Dudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:22 AM   #53941
RT
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
RT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 42,933
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog & FREE MONEY!!!

I wonder a little bit about the taste. The Nacho Cheese version is pretty amazing at 3AM but Cool Ranch may not blend as well, even though it's probably the GOAT Dorito itself.
RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:24 AM   #53942
Riverman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Riverman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 73,137
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog & FREE MONEY!!!

Mad Men is a tremendous litmus test, it is very close to impossible to think it sucks and have good taste in entertainment
Riverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:39 AM   #53943
VincentVega
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,062
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog & FREE MONEY!!!

man i get real pissed at you guys when you start talking about food this late at night. I inevitably get hungry and go make some **** or get real fat and drive and get something. Im WEAK
VincentVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:53 AM   #53944
schu_22
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
schu_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: One yard
Posts: 38,447
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog & FREE MONEY!!!

Mad Men does start out really slow and is tough to get into but if you stick it out for a little while you get really hooked
schu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:56 AM   #53945
nutshot2
 
nutshot2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 48,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
Mad Men is a tremendous litmus test, it is very close to impossible to think it sucks and have good taste in entertainment
Yep
nutshot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:58 AM   #53946
El Rata
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
El Rata's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 31,711
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog & FREE MONEY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schu_22 View Post
Mad Men does start out really slow and is tough to get into but if you stick it out for a little while you get really hooked
Yeah, this. Mad Men definitely takes time to grow on you and I wouldn't fault anyone for thinking "this isn't for me" after a couple of episodes.
El Rata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:58 AM   #53947
PocketChads
guaranteed 42-10 finish
 
PocketChads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: am I super intelligent OH HELL NO
Posts: 22,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
Mad Men is a tremendous litmus test, it is very close to impossible to think it sucks and have good taste in entertainment
Wait a sec, don't you hate Seinfeld and Simpsons?

Also, I will have you know that I have goat taste
PocketChads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:07 AM   #53948
ut2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ut2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Religion in the fack killed my soul
Posts: 38,732
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog & FREE MONEY!!!

mistresses were quite the rage
ut2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:18 AM   #53949
Omar Comin
fantasy failure
 
Omar Comin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: hold on we're going home
Posts: 27,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARK DOCTOR View Post
We decided to stay home tonight. Made an amazing dinner. I've had a glass (or few) of Balvenie DoubleWood 12. Made an awesome almond encrusted rack of lamb. And even decided to try out these bacon wrapped baked eggs with goat cheese; amazing btw.( I'll post pics later). Pretty tipsy ATM.

But the best part of the night (so far) was checking up on my 5 month old boy sleeping upstairs and seeing him sound asleep, semi snoring, in the Usain Bolt pose. Lightning bolt! /priceless
Legit life brag.
Omar Comin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:20 AM   #53950
Fedfan691
Pooh-Bah
 
Fedfan691's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bed-Stuy, County of Kings
Posts: 4,271
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog & FREE MONEY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Tanner View Post
I wonder a little bit about the taste. The Nacho Cheese version is pretty amazing at 3AM but Cool Ranch may not blend as well, even though it's probably the GOAT Dorito itself.
some dude on here taste tested these right after they released the nacho cheese shells and preferred the cool ranch:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villian1 View Post
As some of you may know I am a commercial food taster and tasted the tb doritos shells awhile before they were released. I preferred the cool ranch over the nacho cheese. Iirc I think I ranked the jalapeño and chedder flavored shell the highest for beef and for chicken my favorite shell was some lemon/avocado tasting shell. I rarely eat tb so I dont know if its even on the menu, but if it is I take full responsibility for them offering the dorito shell wrapped with cheese and a soft tortilla. I put that gem in the comment section.

Edit...and yes the cool ranch shell should have been released a long time ago. I'd bet they introduce 1-2 more flavors by the of the year.
Fedfan691 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive