Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #51776
NLSoldier
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NLSoldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hello Ted
Posts: 24,250
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and White Folks Discuss The NBA

at those lebron comments
NLSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #51777
schu_22
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
schu_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: One yard
Posts: 38,447
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and White Folks Discuss The NBA

72off is right.

It's easy to care about the NFL even without a team near you because so much absurdity happens on a week-to-week basis and like 3/4 of all games are pretty entertaining. Additionally the fact that there's only 16 games in the regular season means it isn't watered down. Whereas in the NBA there's 82 games and each one means a lot less. There's also only like 8 possible interesting matchups in the NBA, everything else sucks ass. Whereas I'll gladly watch the Colts play the Browns or whatever on Thursday night. The huge number of possibilities of crazy events happening in an NFL game make them more entertaining as well. In the NBA you're pretty much limited to, oh, Blake Griffin dunked the ball again or hey look at this shot at the buzzer or goddamn Lebron sure puts the ball in the hoop a lot.

I'll watch the NBA playoffs, sure, because it actually means something. And it can be a lot of fun if I manage to find a rooting interest (like the Mavs a couple years ago). The celtics-bulls series like 4 years ago was incredible. But it's really hard to give a **** on a night-to-night basis for 6 months
schu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:04 PM   #51778
Chilltown
SuperMegaElitePoster
 
Chilltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Asgard
Posts: 39,695
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and White Folks Discuss The NBA

Anyone who doesn't like the nba or mma can go suck a ****.

In unrelated Deadwood talk,

"George Hearst (September 3, 1820 – February 28, 1891) was a wealthy American businessman and United States Senator, and the father of newspaperman William Randolph Hearst."

Oh wow that's gotta be the ****iest 1-2 father son piece of **** combo ever.
Chilltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:18 PM   #51779
toddw8
veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,472
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and White Folks Discuss The NBA

I'm going with Saddam and Uday for that one. Uday Hussein was basically a real-life Joffrey.
toddw8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #51780
ClarkNasty
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ClarkNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 10x the man Clarkmeister is
Posts: 35,385
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and White Folks Discuss The NBA

Semi hard cap with a similarly severe luxury tax to what exists today with No max salary is what the NBA needs.
ClarkNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #51781
GodSmackJack
old hand
 
GodSmackJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddw8 View Post
I'm going with Saddam and Uday for that one. Uday Hussein was basically a real-life Joffrey.
I would have loved it if he owned my favorite sports team tho. Those guys would never **** up
GodSmackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #51782
Chilltown
SuperMegaElitePoster
 
Chilltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Asgard
Posts: 39,695
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and White Folks Discuss The NBA

For pure evil that's a good answer. Any time your dad makes his kids a "rape room" as they call it then yeah, holy awful.

****ing Willy Hearst is the reason why I can't go the US and smoke weed out of a giant bong walking down the street.
Chilltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #51783
StoppedRainingMen
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
StoppedRainingMen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: GOATish measurables
Posts: 47,285
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and White Folks Discuss The NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSmackJack View Post
I would have loved it if he owned my favorite sports team tho. Those guys would never **** up
One defector reported that jailed football players were forced to kick a concrete ball after failing to reach the 1994 FIFA World Cup finals.
StoppedRainingMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:51 PM   #51784
RT
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
RT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 42,933
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and White Folks Discuss The NBA

Hearst with my favorite quote of all time: "You provide the pictures, I'll provide the war"
RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #51785
GodSmackJack
old hand
 
GodSmackJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoppedRainingMen View Post
One defector reported that jailed football players were forced to kick a concrete ball after failing to reach the 1994 FIFA World Cup finals.
Yeah..whenever I hear that story, I think of Luis Castillo and him dropping that easy pop fly in the ninth against the Yanks that allowed two runs to score and the Mets lost. Dude wouldn't even have a hand if that was in Iraq.
GodSmackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:04 PM   #51786
mcb33f
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mcb33f's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: #theprocess
Posts: 6,669
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and White Folks Discuss The NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by schu_22 View Post
72off is right.

It's easy to care about the NFL even without a team near you because so much absurdity happens on a week-to-week basis and like 3/4 of all games are pretty entertaining. Additionally the fact that there's only 16 games in the regular season means it isn't watered down. Whereas in the NBA there's 82 games and each one means a lot less. There's also only like 8 possible interesting matchups in the NBA, everything else sucks ass. Whereas I'll gladly watch the Colts play the Browns or whatever on Thursday night. The huge number of possibilities of crazy events happening in an NFL game make them more entertaining as well. In the NBA you're pretty much limited to, oh, Blake Griffin dunked the ball again or hey look at this shot at the buzzer or goddamn Lebron sure puts the ball in the hoop a lot.

I'll watch the NBA playoffs, sure, because it actually means something. And it can be a lot of fun if I manage to find a rooting interest (like the Mavs a couple years ago). The celtics-bulls series like 4 years ago was incredible. But it's really hard to give a **** on a night-to-night basis for 6 months


lol
mcb33f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #51787
schu_22
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
schu_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: One yard
Posts: 38,447
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and White Folks Discuss The NBA

lol
schu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #51788
StoppedRainingMen
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
StoppedRainingMen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: GOATish measurables
Posts: 47,285
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and White Folks Discuss The NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Tanner View Post
Hearst with my favorite quote of all time: "You provide the pictures, I'll provide the war"
pretty sure that quote was actually from the bond villain in tomorrow never dies
StoppedRainingMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:21 PM   #51789
RT
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
RT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 42,933
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and White Folks Discuss The NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoppedRainingMen View Post
pretty sure that quote was actually from the bond villain in tomorrow never dies


Spoiler:
RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #51790
Krayz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Krayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 47,277
Goldeneye the best dumb Bond movie

I AM INVINCIBLE
Krayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:38 PM   #51791
Shark Doctor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Shark Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GTA
Posts: 11,739
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and White Folks Discuss The NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayz View Post
Goldeneye the best video game not named Mario Kart, of it's era

I AM INVINCIBLE
fyp
Shark Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #51792
Das Boot
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Das Boot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: where have you gone, landon donovan
Posts: 20,196
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and White Folks Discuss The NBA

Super Smash Bros >> Goldeneye
Das Boot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:51 PM   #51793
Chilltown
SuperMegaElitePoster
 
Chilltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Asgard
Posts: 39,695
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and White Folks Discuss The NBA

Goldeneye was the best game released in 1997 at the time.

Best game you could play right now released in 1997.

Chilltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:51 PM   #51794
Ray Horton
banned
 
Ray Horton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: how far we done fell
Posts: 26,879
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and White Folks Discuss The NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Boot View Post
Super Smash Bros >> Goldeneye
only one thing makes this assertion true

Spoiler:
Ray Horton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:55 PM   #51795
RT
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
RT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 42,933
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and White Folks Discuss The NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Boot View Post
Super Smash Bros >> Goldeneye


Unless you mean "Has held up better" because GE was dog **** as early as 1999.
RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:57 PM   #51796
Chilltown
SuperMegaElitePoster
 
Chilltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Asgard
Posts: 39,695
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and White Folks Discuss The NBA

I could play SSB right now and have a blast.

I never wanna play Goldeneye again.
Chilltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:31 PM   #51797
schu_22
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
schu_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: One yard
Posts: 38,447
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and White Folks Discuss The NBA

need a Needle stream
schu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:34 PM   #51798
tabbaker
2018 Swami Champion
 
tabbaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,788
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and White Folks Discuss The NBA

is Big Lebowski the GOAT comedy?
tabbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:38 PM   #51799
Needle77
No Longer Protecting
 
Needle77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Kutztown is in the Hall of Fame
Posts: 43,170
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and White Folks Discuss The NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by schu_22 View Post
need a Needle stream
I am drinking fairly heavily tonight. Give me an idea for a game.
Needle77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:41 PM   #51800
schu_22
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
schu_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: One yard
Posts: 38,447
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and White Folks Discuss The NBA

When I drink heavily I play GH2. Wish I had streaming equipment I'd do that
schu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive