Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 04:54 PM   #48426
Fishmonger
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: White men can't jerk
Posts: 3,880
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmer4141 View Post
My Elite 8 Chappelle's Show

Clayton
Rick James
Prince
Making the Band
Racial Draft
Mad Real World
Wayne Brady
World Series of Dice (very underrated imo, commentators make the sketch for me)
Player Haters Ball being criminally overlooked here. Racial Draft is meh, Bigsby is too reliant on a single joke.
Fishmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:55 PM   #48427
D104
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
D104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In a better place.
Posts: 18,272
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noze View Post
I'll battle any sex or any race. You beating me is like Billy Crystal playing Scarface. I can't see it, blind to the eyes. Came up in your face. OOPS POW SURPRISE, ohhhhh.


oops pow surprise could be my fav single moment from chapelle show

As for the bracket, it's Rick James ainec. That sketch transcended space and time.
D104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:00 PM   #48428
kidcolin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kidcolin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: thank god for the hatchery
Posts: 108,763
I don't like people playin on my phone
kidcolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #48429
TimmayB
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TimmayB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Master of the Obvious
Posts: 12,085
Mad Real World so so good.
TimmayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #48430
Aidan
Kroenke Out
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: back trying to make it
Posts: 24,304
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmyBasis View Post
The eldridge knot has the highest VORP of any fashion/clothing related thing since boxer briefs.

Discuss.
wat??? no.

four in hand >> all

looks stupider than wearing a pocket square made out of the same material as the tie
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:28 PM   #48431
Rolando Blackman
adept
 
Rolando Blackman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 999
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

top 5 no order

black bush
n-word family
mad real world
world series of dice
making the band
Rolando Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:32 PM   #48432
Steroid Boy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Steroid Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Backpacking Bananas
Posts: 42,156
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

Steroid Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #48433
tarheeljks
The Dark Knight
 
tarheeljks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: no tacos this year
Posts: 37,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDean1 View Post
what, howtf does that happen?

iirc it took anarchist like 6 months to reach 40k signing up for every ww game and normally being the top poster and posting in other places as well. seems impossible to accrue that many posts that shortly even with werewolf, let alone without it.
Ww games have nothing on the omg omg subforum. Iirc that forum was created b/c the original thread was too big and slowed down the site. And there were multiple editions of the thread-- all of which had tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of posts-- before they made the subforum lol
tarheeljks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #48434
StoppedRainingMen
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
StoppedRainingMen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: GOATish measurables
Posts: 47,288
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

rick james was incredible til it spawned every single ****ing person in every dorm walking around like a ****ing ****** quoting the ****ing thing for a whole year

then i hated it more than cancer
StoppedRainingMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:47 PM   #48435
fanmail
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
fanmail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Crown Town
Posts: 32,414
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

elite comment from Phil tax article

Why is Phil suddenly veering so far to the right? As far as I know, he's not leading a major on Sunday.
fanmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:06 PM   #48436
dkgojackets
DKGOAT
 
dkgojackets's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 86,128
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheeljks View Post
Ww games have nothing on the omg omg subforum. Iirc that forum was created b/c the original thread was too big and slowed down the site. And there were multiple editions of the thread-- all of which had tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of posts-- before they made the subforum lol
this isnt true the first one had around 25000 and every one after that was right at 10000

currently on #141 but they are dying off. it used to be a week or two to finish a thread now its around 2 months and slowing
dkgojackets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:09 PM   #48437
TheDean1
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheDean1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: DeanOnDraft.com
Posts: 35,900
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheeljks View Post
Ww games have nothing on the omg omg subforum. Iirc that forum was created b/c the original thread was too big and slowed down the site. And there were multiple editions of the thread-- all of which had tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of posts-- before they made the subforum lol
A couple of things.

1) Looks like the subforum dates back to late sept 2008. So that's about 1.27 milly posts in 52 months, which is like 24kish a month. These threads would have had to have built up far faster in the past to support 40k a month from one poster.

2) WTF is the ****ing point of these threads? Looks like entirely contentless spam after skimming a page.

Edit- also if you sleep 6 hours a night, that leaves 540 waking hours in a month. So 40k would be like 75/hourish which means that you are posting like once every 48 seconds which doesn't seem possible. And that's assuming that you're spending 18 hours a day in front of your keyboard. If you posted once every 25 seconds then it would mandate > 9 hours a day of incessant spamming to hit 40k in a month.

Last edited by TheDean1; 01-22-2013 at 06:16 PM.
TheDean1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #48438
dth123451
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 15,502
Keepin it real gone wrong and race switch law and order criminally underrated itt
dth123451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #48439
Eltbus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Eltbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CHOO CHOOOOO
Posts: 33,298
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

player haters ball, prince, making the band, and black bush are all so ****ing hilarious. the entire show is awesome but those are probably my favorites. keeping it real awesome too ^

GET YOUR MOTHER ****ING HAND OUT OF MY FACE FRANK. THIS AINT A GAME.

ALLOW ME TO REINTRODUCE MYSELF MY NAME IS HOVVVVV

Last edited by Eltbus; 01-22-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Eltbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #48440
All-inMcLovin
Wholesome Mod
 
All-inMcLovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FLOP SO HARD POPOVICH WANNA SIGN ME
Posts: 40,465
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDean1 View Post
A couple of things.

1) Looks like the subforum dates back to late sept 2008. So that's about 1.27 milly posts in 52 months, which is like 24kish a month. These threads would have had to have built up far faster in the past to support 40k a month from one poster.

2) WTF is the ****ing point of these threads? Looks like entirely contentless spam after skimming a page.

Edit- also if you sleep 6 hours a night, that leaves 540 waking hours in a month. So 40k would be like 75/hourish which means that you are posting like once every 48 seconds which doesn't seem possible. And that's assuming that you're spending 18 hours a day in front of your keyboard. If you posted once every 25 seconds then it would mandate > 9 hours a day of incessant spamming to hit 40k in a month.
elite math itt

ty for doing the work dean, I was just about to calculate that myself as I was quite curious about the feasibility of mayo's feat.
All-inMcLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #48441
Larry Legend
Celtic Pride
 
Larry Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kyrie's earth
Posts: 42,919
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

Every skit that is mentioned reminds me how insanely high quality the show was. It really is amazing how Chappelle can virtually never ever miss on a joke.
Larry Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #48442
Larry Legend
Celtic Pride
 
Larry Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kyrie's earth
Posts: 42,919
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

If you are a mod the 25 sec rule does not apply to you and you could post 100 times in a minute if you wanted.

Might change the math considerably.
Larry Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:31 PM   #48443
CalledDownLight
Toonces the Posting Bot
 
CalledDownLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: DUKE FOOTBALL<DUKE BASKETBALL
Posts: 88,404
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

dean, don't underestimate the will of people on 2p2 to waste a whole month in front of a computer even if it costs them sleep and the consideration of going outside even once. I was on the losing end of a prop bet about playing 600k hands of poker in a month.
CalledDownLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #48444
TheDean1
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheDean1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: DeanOnDraft.com
Posts: 35,900
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-inMcLovin View Post
elite math itt

ty for doing the work dean, I was just about to calculate that myself as I was quite curious about the feasibility of mayo's feat.
np bro, i got your back like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Legend View Post
If you are a mod the 25 sec rule does not apply to you and you could post 100 times in a minute if you wanted.

Might change the math considerably.
yeah this condition would have to be necessary for it to be feasible. even then he'd still have to spend quite a bit of time actively spamming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalledDownLight View Post
dean, don't underestimate the will of people on 2p2 to waste a whole month in front of a computer even if it costs them sleep and the consideration of going outside even once. I was on the losing end of a prop bet about playing 600k hands of poker in a month.
will more like WIL amirite
TheDean1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #48445
Riverman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Riverman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 73,137
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

They must have known they had pure gold on their hands with that Rick James skit, because if I am remembering correctly they devoted the entire show to it (which I don't think they did for any other skit/bit, ever).
Riverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:16 PM   #48446
shaft88
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
shaft88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,553
******fantasy playoff pool question*****

CC: Karak (like Quaraq)

Hero has Flacbert and Kapernick remaining.

Villain has Gore and Rice.

(you pick one player from each team 2QB 3RB etc etc)

Hero has 4 point lead. Only touchdowns are scored @ 6 pts apiece. No yardage, receptions, or negative points.

What would be an equitable split for hero?
shaft88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #48447
StoppedRainingMen
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
StoppedRainingMen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: GOATish measurables
Posts: 47,288
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

lol fat**** christie sounds like he's gonna veto the poker bill

sweet move, stars!
StoppedRainingMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:42 PM   #48448
Karak
ELIte
 
Karak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 62,729
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaft88 View Post
******fantasy playoff pool question*****

CC: Karak (like Quaraq)

Hero has Flacbert and Kapernick remaining.

Villain has Gore and Rice.

(you pick one player from each team 2QB 3RB etc etc)

Hero has 4 point lead. Only touchdowns are scored @ 6 pts apiece. No yardage, receptions, or negative points.

What would be an equitable split for hero?
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #48449
Noze
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Noze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: A League
Posts: 25,712
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

Maybe you should chill out, douchebag
Noze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:52 PM   #48450
Henrik Sedin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Henrik Sedin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: assisting your goals
Posts: 17,915
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoppedRainingMen View Post
lol fat**** christie sounds like he's gonna veto the poker bill

sweet move, stars!
why does America hate freedom?
Henrik Sedin is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive