Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #44501
ikestoys
banned
 
ikestoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: and don't vote trump/sanders
Posts: 94,444
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

f-a-q
ikestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:24 PM   #44502
chim17
Snowboarding concerts and punk music
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 56,127
Fack
chim17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:25 PM   #44503
Hold'em 07
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hold'em 07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,312
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

Fack ftw

having a kesha song playing in the background is A+
Hold'em 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:29 PM   #44504
Noze
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Noze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: A League
Posts: 25,712
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

lol at fack
Noze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #44505
Hold'em 07
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hold'em 07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,312
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

My guess is that a large portion of the Jif/sh(oot)/F-A-Q crowd wear confederate flag tighty whities
Hold'em 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:38 PM   #44506
SirOsis
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
SirOsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cowboy territory with no sheriff
Posts: 29,516
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hold'em 07 View Post
My guess is that a large portion of the Jif/sh(oot)/F-A-Q crowd wear confederate flag tighty whities
Probably also spend time at picnics at man-made lakes
SirOsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:41 PM   #44507
tabbaker
2018 Swami Champion
 
tabbaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,788
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

shOOT/FACK combo would technically make sense but they need to be banned
tabbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #44508
Noze
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Noze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: A League
Posts: 25,712
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

Someone admit to pronouncing SE as sea. I know you're out there.
Noze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:46 PM   #44509
chim17
Snowboarding concerts and punk music
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 56,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbaker View Post
shOOT/FACK combo would technically make sense but they need to be banned
shOOT is so bad.
chim17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #44510
Phildo
doesn't watch the games
 
Phildo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: champagne room
Posts: 22,773
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbaker View Post
shOOT/FACK combo would technically make sense but they need to be banned
i do that and i assume most normal people are either oot as in shoot + fackers or o-o-t + f-a-qers. the real weirdos are the people who mix it up imo.
Phildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #44511
Vagos
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Vagos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 40,963
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
i do that and i assume most normal people are either oot as in shoot + fackers or o-o-t + f-a-qers. the real weirdos are the people who mix it up imo.
wat? no. I'm sure a bunch of "o-o-t" people (myself included) say fack for faq or pog instead of p-o-g. And whichever side of the gif/jif fence you land on, no one was really saying they pronounce it g-i-f.

The simple truth is that (sh)OOT just sounds dumb.
Vagos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:58 PM   #44512
Eltbus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Eltbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CHOO CHOOOOO
Posts: 33,298
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

FAQ. These videos are the best. Lol@wide rule.
Eltbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #44513
Eltbus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Eltbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CHOO CHOOOOO
Posts: 33,298
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

Just saw project x and the blonde is ridiculously hot. Man.
Eltbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #44514
g-bebe
because robots are strong
 
g-bebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 20,733
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

fack, oh oh tee, jif

next
g-bebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #44515
ikestoys
banned
 
ikestoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: and don't vote trump/sanders
Posts: 94,444
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

f-a-q, (f)oot, gif, s-e, pawg
ikestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:04 PM   #44516
Dudd
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: pm karak w/ ffb questions
Posts: 54,252
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

I'm in total agreement with ikes, worlds are colliding

Last edited by Dudd; 12-22-2012 at 07:08 PM. Reason: wait, I always read gif as jif, crisis averted, lol giffers
Dudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #44517
Phildo
doesn't watch the games
 
Phildo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: champagne room
Posts: 22,773
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagos View Post
wat? no. I'm sure a bunch of "o-o-t" people (myself included) say fack for faq or pog instead of p-o-g. And whichever side of the gif/jif fence you land on, no one was really saying they pronounce it g-i-f.

The simple truth is that (sh)OOT just sounds dumb.
yeah and i'm telling you that you're weird. pick a way to pronounce 3 letter acronyms and stick with it.
Phildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #44518
Eltbus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Eltbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CHOO CHOOOOO
Posts: 33,298
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

The ****. FAQ jif s e and o o t.
Eltbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #44519
dkgojackets
DKGOAT
 
dkgojackets's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 86,128
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

thats silly philly because some sound better to pronounce in one syllable and some are better as letters

you wouldnt try to say bbv as one word

shOOT just sounds dumb
dkgojackets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #44520
chim17
Snowboarding concerts and punk music
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 56,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
yeah and i'm telling you that you're weird. pick a way to pronounce 3 letter acronyms and stick with it.
So you say G I F?
chim17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #44521
Eltbus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Eltbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CHOO CHOOOOO
Posts: 33,298
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

Lets get to the undertitle discussion
Eltbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #44522
Vagos
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Vagos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 40,963
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgojackets View Post
thats silly philly because some sound better to pronounce in one syllable and some are better as letters

you wouldnt try to say bbv as one word

shOOT just sounds dumb
Quote:
Originally Posted by chim17 View Post
So you say G I F?
Vagos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #44523
nath
the second coming of the second coming
 
nath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rust and Marty, a hundred years
Posts: 67,693
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
yeah and i'm telling you that you're weird. pick a way to pronounce 3 letter acronyms and stick with it.
a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.

Last edited by nath; 12-22-2012 at 07:15 PM. Reason: clearly i say "fack" and "O-O-T"
nath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:23 PM   #44524
Phildo
doesn't watch the games
 
Phildo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: champagne room
Posts: 22,773
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Pronunciation Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgojackets View Post
thats silly philly because some sound better to pronounce in one syllable and some are better as letters

you wouldnt try to say bbv as one word

shOOT just sounds dumb
bbv is a fair point but i don't think oot as in shoot sounds any dumber than o-o-t
Phildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #44525
Omar Comin
fantasy failure
 
Omar Comin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: hold on we're going home
Posts: 27,358
Can we discuss how horrible 4L is these days?
Omar Comin is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive