Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #41651
Chilltown
SuperMegaElitePoster
 
Chilltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Asgard
Posts: 39,695
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Holiday Discussion

I advocate a perma for any racist/homophobic pos on the forum.

FREE TUT AND EVEN EPIPEN
Chilltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:02 AM   #41652
CalledDownLight
Toonces the Posting Bot
 
CalledDownLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: DUKE FOOTBALL<DUKE BASKETBALL
Posts: 88,404
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Holiday Discussion

chilltown, I really thought you were a much better poster than that. maybe youre just trolling tho.
CalledDownLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:04 AM   #41653
Loretta8
knows her Big Ten
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 21,899
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Holiday Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Sandwich View Post
Permaing dkgo would be a lol travesty, but I could at least understand it if the mods' hands were forced

But regular poasters advocating a perma should probably lighten the **** up
this is where i was for a while, but the problem is the somewhat positive responses he's gotten inspired racist idiots like yeota to come out of the woodwork.

sorta like how greear's over the top homer shtick insipired awful posters like rmthawk to become cheap greear knockoffs and completely ruin the baseball thread and run off elite posters like kyleb.
Loretta8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #41654
Chilltown
SuperMegaElitePoster
 
Chilltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Asgard
Posts: 39,695
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Holiday Discussion

I'm not trolling, I am 100% serious.

I use to like dkgo until I learned he was racist and apparently he's a homophobe too. The only way to deal with ignorant people is to shun them from regular society until they either learn the error of their ways or jam an ice pick into their faces.

tut may have had a rage problem but he was a great poster when he tried. epipen might have had a brain problem but his posts were acceptable. I don't allow myself to be associated with people like dkgo because it would reflect poorly on me.

What do you say to the black/minority posters who post here? Sorry? **** that, off with his head.
Chilltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #41655
digables
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
digables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: lol b league
Posts: 15,761
also he POGs
digables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:45 AM   #41656
Shark Sandwich
1-2-teddied
 
Shark Sandwich's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 20,503
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Holiday Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loretta8 View Post
this is where i was for a while, but the problem is the somewhat positive responses he's gotten inspired racist idiots like yeota to come out of the woodwork.

sorta like how greear's over the top homer shtick insipired awful posters like rmthawk to become cheap greear knockoffs and completely ruin the baseball thread and run off elite posters like kyleb.
Easy solution: ban the idiots, leave the good ones alone. Greear was always kind of an idiot though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilltown View Post
I'm not trolling, I am 100% serious.

I use to like dkgo until I learned he was racist and apparently he's a homophobe too. The only way to deal with ignorant people is to shun them from regular society until they either learn the error of their ways or jam an ice pick into their faces.

tut may have had a rage problem but he was a great poster when he tried. epipen might have had a brain problem but his posts were acceptable. I don't allow myself to be associated with people like dkgo because it would reflect poorly on me.

What do you say to the black/minority posters who post here? Sorry? **** that, off with his head.
I'm all for freeing TuT (even though he's probably found a new identity as a certain slot receiver), but that has nothing to do with dkgo.

CDL is right though - all the rape jokes here make me feel uncomfortable. WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THE WOMEN WHO POAST HERE?

Or we could just get a thicker skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digables View Post
also he POGs
Best argument itt
Shark Sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #41657
CalledDownLight
Toonces the Posting Bot
 
CalledDownLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: DUKE FOOTBALL<DUKE BASKETBALL
Posts: 88,404
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Holiday Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Sandwich View Post
Easy solution: ban the idiots, leave the good ones alone. Greear was always kind of an idiot though.



I'm all for freeing TuT (even though he's probably found a new identity as a certain slot receiver), but that has nothing to do with dkgo.

CDL is right though - all the rape jokes here make me feel uncomfortable. WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THE WOMEN WHO POAST HERE?

Or we could just get a thicker skin.



Best argument itt
I dont care a single bit about any of this personally as none of it adversely affects me, but the double standard is silly.

I do have a close female friend who was raped and if anyone even uses the word she freezes up and cant speak for a few minutes. The way she explained it to me once (after she had a breakdown because someone used the word) was that her coping mechanism was to completely forget it ever happened and that even tiny things like meeting someone with the same name as the guy could trigger flashbacks to the event which put her into physical shock. I have never heard of anyone having a reaction to a racist comment that is anything near this bad, but I guess its possible. There is no reason to have a double standard on this where something with lesser effects is punished and something that could actually be crippling to a person is let go.

Like I said, I am all for letting it all fly, but lol at the mods if they think racist jokes are worse than throwing out comments about rape.
CalledDownLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #41658
AcTiOnJaCsOn
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AcTiOnJaCsOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: GOAT
Posts: 24,775
Mod shark sandwich
AcTiOnJaCsOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #41659
Triumph36
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Triumph36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Osi Ukin'-yora
Posts: 40,914
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Holiday Discussion

dkgo is the kind of high volume poster the forum needs. clearly he loves attention a little too much and will blow himself up eventually. of course he'll return with another name and everyone will quickly figure out who he is and things will go on as normal.

never really understood this 'don't perma this guy!' attitude when they always come back - their penalty is not being associated with having made a billion posts
Triumph36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:41 AM   #41660
RT
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
RT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 42,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loretta8 View Post
this is where i was for a while, but the problem is the somewhat positive responses he's gotten inspired racist idiots like yeota to come out of the woodwork.

sorta like how greear's over the top homer shtick insipired awful posters like rmthawk to become cheap greear knockoffs and completely ruin the baseball thread and run off elite posters like kyleb.
This is the only post worth reading in the last 100.

DK hasn't been funny in 6 months because he's been forcing all the racist **** to get a reaction. Its stale now and its getting guys like yeota and more recently phb to say stupid racist **** for the same reason.
RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #41661
Dids
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Social Justice War Room
Posts: 60,880
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Holiday Discussion

dk's mistake was Fig Guying it up in the wrong forum. He really, for many reasons, should avoid politics. There's way too much overt racism and homophobia that has to be dealt with in that forum for anybody to give dk a pass.

The rape thing is just a total strawman. The rules of the site have always explicitly forbid racism and say nothing about jokes in bad taste. If the rape jokes upset people enough that there were loud enough noises that somebody made a rule about it- then that would get people banned too.
Dids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #41662
Pudge714
Modding All Day
 
Pudge714's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Frazier >>>>> Chilly
Posts: 39,104
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Holiday Discussion

It's not a double standard. Rape has unfortunately become a catch all word to describe anything the speaker wants it to, however people would probably get banned if they repeatedly used "rape" when referring to female posters or female athletes/celebrities. dkgo isn't "doing funny standup sketches" he is being a racist *******. I don't remember the famous Seinfeld routine "what's the deal with black people? They are all criminals and drug users and are worth 3/5ths of white people.
Pudge714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #41663
RT
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
RT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 42,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge714 View Post
It's not a double standard. Rape has unfortunately become a catch all word to describe anything the speaker wants it to, however people would probably get banned if they repeatedly used "rape" when referring to female posters or female athletes/celebrities. dkgo isn't "doing funny standup sketches" he is being a racist *******. I don't remember the famous Seinfeld routine "what's the deal with black people? They are all criminals and drug users and are worth 3/5ths of white people.
Season 3, deleted scenes imo
RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #41664
Riverman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Riverman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 73,137
The problem with fig guy in politards is that there are not only lots of actual racists in there, there are like 100x more post reporting types. Also there are no more accomplished trolls than politard trolls, they will bait him constantly. Hes never, ever gonna last more than like 5 posts over there.
Riverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #41665
Dudd
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: pm karak w/ ffb questions
Posts: 54,252
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Holiday Discussion

I think he draws inspiration from Andrew Dice Clay, not Seinfeld
Dudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:58 AM   #41666
metsandfinsfan
banned
 
metsandfinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 156,120
Dkgo used the word fruit when saying the radical right idea that a grown man should put on clothes in front of kids

And got 7 days

Lol politics mods

Also lol blowjob jokes
metsandfinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #41667
Noze
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Noze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: A League
Posts: 25,712
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Holiday Discussion

So that Red Wings prospect that was legally superdrunk was pulled over while wearing a Teletubby costume. Tinky Winky.

Noze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #41668
Dids
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Social Justice War Room
Posts: 60,880
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Holiday Discussion

dk has 4 pages on infractions, mostly for similarly bigoted posts and 50 active infraction points. The length of the ban likely reflects that more than anything specific about his post.

To say nothing of the fact that conflating public nudity, homosexuality and child abuse is a lot more offensive and dumb than just calling somebody a fruit.
Dids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #41669
yeotaJMU
Shines ELIte's Shoes
 
yeotaJMU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: DIE JERRUH YOU DICK JUST DIE
Posts: 22,428
Nobody has ever called an asian person Lucy Liu or Jackie Chan before? Gtfo

I also called this white guy Gerard Butler because he had a beard that was straight of out 300.

Lots of butt hurt.
yeotaJMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:39 PM   #41670
Pudge714
Modding All Day
 
Pudge714's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Frazier >>>>> Chilly
Posts: 39,104
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Holiday Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeotaJMU View Post
Nobody has ever called an asian person Lucy Liu or Jackie Chan before? Gtfo

I also called this white guy Gerard Butler because he had a beard that was straight of out 300.

Lots of butt hurt.
These both tend to fall under mildly offensive, but wildly unfunny.
Pudge714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:39 PM   #41671
nutshot2
 
nutshot2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 48,746
People have been racist before = it's ok to be racist

Got it bro
nutshot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #41672
Das Boot
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Das Boot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: where have you gone, landon donovan
Posts: 20,196
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Holiday Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeotaJMU View Post
Nobody has ever called an asian person Lucy Liu or Jackie Chan before? Gtfo
Do you have a cute pet name for black guys too?
Das Boot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #41673
tuq
TEEJ
 
tuq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Posts: 46,363
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Holiday Discussion

No, but they have one for him.
tuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #41674
Dids
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Social Justice War Room
Posts: 60,880
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Holiday Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeotaJMU View Post
Nobody has ever called an asian person Lucy Liu or Jackie Chan before? Gtfo

I also called this white guy Gerard Butler because he had a beard that was straight of out 300.

Lots of butt hurt.
Maybe think a bit about the difference between these two situations and why the first might be a lot more insulting than the second.
Dids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:46 PM   #41675
Shark Sandwich
1-2-teddied
 
Shark Sandwich's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 20,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dids View Post
dk has 4 pages on infractions, mostly for similarly bigoted posts and 50 active infraction points. The length of the ban likely reflects that more than anything specific about his post.

To say nothing of the fact that conflating public nudity, homosexuality and child abuse is a lot more offensive and dumb than just calling somebody a fruit.
Well I'd have to see the exact quote to be sure, but if it's what mutigers poasted earlier then this is just a complete misrepresentation of what dkgo said

Intent matters. Yes dkgo makes racist comments, but he's practically never mean-spirited about it. Unless he's referring to Sham or Rivera specifically.
Shark Sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive