Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 12:43 AM   #36501
72off
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
72off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: WATZ POPPIIN!!
Posts: 62,115
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik Sedin View Post
really hope the NFL actually runs with replacement refs this year, and they aren't just bluffing. their work will surely take the gameday threads to a level of eliteness not yet seen, or even conceived of. can't wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik Sedin View Post
so where are these replacement guys from, NCAA refs? high school? random dudes off the street?

and odds this dispute doesn't get settled before the season? on the face of it, seems insanely petting for the league/owners/whatever to play hardball with the refs when they're rolling in money.

agree, especially as far as GAME INTEGRITY comes into play, for one thing


doesn't Roger know that INTEGRITY is of the utmost!?

(i just don't wanna hear about it in every thread is all, it's like FF, restricted to here and Karak's inbox)
72off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:50 AM   #36502
Pwn_Master
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Pwn_Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,780
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Karak's FFB Korner

Lucky for Goodell that he still has your WW game to point to whenever anyone says this is the biggest game integrity fail of all-time.
Pwn_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:59 AM   #36503
72off
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
72off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: WATZ POPPIIN!!
Posts: 62,115
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Karak's FFB Korner

72off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:01 AM   #36504
Eltbus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Eltbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CHOO CHOOOOO
Posts: 33,298
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Karak's FFB Korner

was i just listening to this wcoop radio show and he was saying karak was the one making a lot of noise or was i mishearing?
Eltbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:01 AM   #36505
RT
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
RT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 42,934
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Karak's FFB Korner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwn_Master View Post
Lucky for Goodell that he still has your WW game to point to whenever anyone says this is the biggest game integrity fail of all-time.
Blackkidgoingohhhhhhhhhhh.gif

*Also IRM
RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:40 AM   #36506
BAIDS
2013 FA Cup winner
 
BAIDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 32,645
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Karak's FFB Korner

i wasn't gonna bother with the lederer interviews because lol poker, but i ended up listening to all 3 hrs. if you have any NVGtard left in you at all it's well worth your time.

part 1 of 7
BAIDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:28 AM   #36507
PoseidonCubed
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
PoseidonCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 1996 not 1886
Posts: 13,870
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Karak's FFB Korner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAIDS View Post
i wasn't gonna bother with the lederer interviews because lol poker, but i ended up listening to all 3 hrs. if you have any NVGtard left in you at all it's well worth your time.

part 1 of 7
There's a whole lot of horse**** packed into those three hours. The Cliffnotes version is good enough for me:

PoseidonCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #36508
ShimmyBasis
Pooh-Bah
 
ShimmyBasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Formerly Etats
Posts: 4,507
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Karak's FFB Korner

Karak, my opponent this week is starting the replacement refs at his flex officiating position. Should I bench the real refs for radiohead?
ShimmyBasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #36509
Loretta8
knows her Big Ten
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 21,899
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Karak's FFB Korner

**** Howard Lederer
Loretta8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #36510
diddy!
Twas diddyeinstein
 
diddy!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 10,853
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Karak's FFB Korner

Do they get better? I watched the first two and he didn't seem to be dropping too much knowledge, so I never watched the other 5.
diddy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #36511
Rei Ayanami
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rei Ayanami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 11,695
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Karak's FFB Korner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoseidonCubed View Post
There's a whole lot of horse**** packed into those three hours. The Cliffnotes version is good enough for me:
Rei Ayanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:30 AM   #36512
Dids
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Social Justice War Room
Posts: 60,880
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Karak's FFB Korner

Yeah, I'm not understanding the hook on those Howard videos? People keep saying they're must watch, but if you don't really care about FTP, are they entertaining just of themselves?
Dids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #36513
StoppedRainingMen
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
StoppedRainingMen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: GOATish measurables
Posts: 47,288
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Karak's FFB Korner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dids View Post
Yeah, I'm not understanding the hook on those Howard videos? People keep saying they're must watch, but if you don't really care about FTP, are they entertaining just of themselves?
frost/nixon for pokers!!!!!11!!1!
StoppedRainingMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #36514
chim17
Snowboarding concerts and punk music
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 56,127
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Karak's FFB Korner

Anyone else here into Rise Against?

Saw them last night for the 5th or 6th time. They are a really great live band. They sound a lot harder than they do on their albums when in concert. This time the openers were Gaslight Anthem and Hot Water Music who I liked much less than when I saw them previously with Bad Religion or especially when they played with Rancid. However, Gaslight was far better then when I saw them with stupid Flobots. That band is so terrible but just gets a lot of play since they are local.

Anyways, I digress. Rise Against is a really political band. Super liberal, anti everything. They definitely have some very punk rock ideals. They always show an upside down flag when they play. Sometimes I have an internal struggle on if that should matter to me or not. I don't really like when celebrities or bands spread their politics. I constantly debate if this should change how I view the band. Nonetheless, I enjoy the band a lot so just go with it and attend the concerts anyways.

That brings me to my main point..

Karak,

Should I ignore the potential politics in the Bears backfield when Forte returns? He is pretty upset that Bush is stealing goal line carries and I'm nervous that this is going to hurt his touches. The coaches may not like that especially how well Bush performed. Should I just roll with my Rise Against philosophy and ignore the politics and go with it?

Regards,

chim
chim17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #36515
bidon2
grinder
 
bidon2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 698
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Karak's FFB Korner

I'm afraid most of you don't really PM him these fantasy questions, cause then noone else sees it and you don't get mad props
bidon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:38 PM   #36516
fanerio
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
fanerio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: formerly zeestein
Posts: 8,718
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Karak's FFB Korner

buy belgian trippel

brush teeth at night

drink said beer

fail
fanerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #36517
BobboFitos
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BobboFitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cambridge, MA
Posts: 72,764
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Karak's FFB Korner

I tend to not care about others politics, Chim, unless it directly affects me. Since you enjoy their music, I would continue going to shows, and continue to not care how they choose to fly the flag.
BobboFitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:12 PM   #36518
Noze
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Noze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: A League
Posts: 25,712
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Karak's FFB Korner

I have PMd karak about 4 times with ffb questions
Noze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #36519
dkgojackets
DKGOAT
 
dkgojackets's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 86,128
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Karak's FFB Korner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chim17 View Post
Anyone else here into Rise Against?

Saw them last night for the 5th or 6th time. They are a really great live band. They sound a lot harder than they do on their albums when in concert. This time the openers were Gaslight Anthem and Hot Water Music who I liked much less than when I saw them previously with Bad Religion or especially when they played with Rancid. However, Gaslight was far better then when I saw them with stupid Flobots. That band is so terrible but just gets a lot of play since they are local.

Anyways, I digress. Rise Against is a really political band. Super liberal, anti everything. They definitely have some very punk rock ideals. They always show an upside down flag when they play. Sometimes I have an internal struggle on if that should matter to me or not. I don't really like when celebrities or bands spread their politics. I constantly debate if this should change how I view the band. Nonetheless, I enjoy the band a lot so just go with it and attend the concerts anyways.
riot fest was a great show. rise against are clearly idiots politically but play good hard music so who cares. plus i decked a kid in the circle pit which felt good
dkgojackets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #36520
sethypooh21
Make or Miss League
 
sethypooh21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Nylon Calculus etc.
Posts: 47,038
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Karak's FFB Korner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgojackets View Post
riot fest was a great show. rise against are clearly idiots politically but play good hard music so who cares. plus i decked a kid in the circle pit which felt good
Fig guy disapproves, I might have to check them out.
sethypooh21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #36521
nath
the second coming of the second coming
 
nath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rust and Marty, a hundred years
Posts: 67,693
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Karak's FFB Korner

I've often wondered where punching people at shows fits on the political spectrum
nath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:02 PM   #36522
dkgojackets
DKGOAT
 
dkgojackets's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 86,128
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Karak's FFB Korner

wasnt a punch, just a clean shoulder to the chest while he was running around. and theres nothing anyone could do about it!

i didnt plan to be in the middle of everything but the craziness opened up farther back in the crowd than i had planned. as soon as they started playing people were just jumping on top of each other and shoving dudes and it was awesome
dkgojackets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #36523
DodgerIrish
Fraudulent Zodiac
 
DodgerIrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Devoted to the uncoated
Posts: 26,712
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Karak's FFB Korner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nath View Post
I've often wondered where punching people at shows fits on the political spectrum
Was going to make a Redistribution of Power pun, but decided against it
DodgerIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #36524
Pudge714
Modding All Day
 
Pudge714's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Frazier >>>>> Chilly
Posts: 39,104
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Karak's FFB Korner

Does blowing into video game cartridges work?
http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/142550
Spoiler:
Pudge714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:14 PM   #36525
BAIDS
2013 FA Cup winner
 
BAIDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 32,645
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Karak's FFB Korner

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddy! View Post
Do they get better? I watched the first two and he didn't seem to be dropping too much knowledge, so I never watched the other 5.
I think they do. First two or three are about early FTP, then it gets around to what went wrong and how.
BAIDS is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive