Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 12:24 PM   #33426
CalledDownLight
Toonces the Posting Bot
 
CalledDownLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: DUKE FOOTBALL<DUKE BASKETBALL
Posts: 88,404
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudd View Post
If you didn't realize that you can buy mass transit passes for more than a single trip, I'm not sure you're qualified for this conversation
I realized you could get a discount, but didnt realize it would be less than the cost of a single round trip per day. I figured it would be something like $10/day given how reliant people are on mass transit there.
CalledDownLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:26 PM   #33427
CalledDownLight
Toonces the Posting Bot
 
CalledDownLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: DUKE FOOTBALL<DUKE BASKETBALL
Posts: 88,404
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biesterfield View Post
Is it that great of a deal though considering you have to take it 44.44 times a month to break even?
Do you never leave your house? This month has 23 weekdays so just going to and from work is 46 trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak View Post
public transportation in DC is pretty awesome unless you want to go to georgetown in which case it blows
DC is the city that does transportation, of all forms, the best imo. Metro is solid, roads are drivable and parking isnt too bad, and cabs are cheap.
CalledDownLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #33428
tweedybirdd
Canadian national treasure
 
tweedybirdd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: olive gardening
Posts: 21,374
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikestoys View Post
BUT DEY PUT CHEEZ ON THAT **** YO.

Qdoba's flavors are really mediocre. Cheese sauces are ok though.
Queso sauce at qbdoba is confirmed elite

Chipotle meat destroys qboda meat tho
tweedybirdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #33429
ikestoys
banned
 
ikestoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: and don't vote trump/sanders
Posts: 94,444
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedybirdd View Post
Queso sauce at qbdoba is confirmed elite

Chipotle meat destroys qboda meat tho
agree queso and chips are awesome, they have other sauces though that aren't great.
ikestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #33430
Biesterfield
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Biesterfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,039
Also quesadilla and tortilla soup at Qdoba. Pick 2 ordering option. Chipotle has none of this.
Biesterfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #33431
Chilltown
SuperMegaElitePoster
 
Chilltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Asgard
Posts: 39,695
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

This is all very interesting.
Chilltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #33432
ikestoys
banned
 
ikestoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: and don't vote trump/sanders
Posts: 94,444
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Yeah, all chipotle does is make better burritos.
ikestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #33433
RT
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
RT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 42,933
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

This thread done got turrible.
RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #33434
Triumph36
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Triumph36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Osi Ukin'-yora
Posts: 40,914
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalledDownLight View Post
DC is the city that does transportation, of all forms, the best imo. Metro is solid, roads are drivable and parking isnt too bad, and cabs are cheap.
here's a hint: if you are a tourist, you really have little ability to comment on transportation in all its forms, unless you are actually interested in the subject and know what you are talking about.
Triumph36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:37 PM   #33435
Pudge714
Modding All Day
 
Pudge714's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Frazier >>>>> Chilly
Posts: 39,104
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

These videos are usually really bad, but this is amazing
Pudge714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #33436
mjw0586
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mjw0586's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 37,375
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biesterfield View Post
Also quesadilla and tortilla soup at Qdoba. Pick 2 ordering option. Chipotle has none of this.
Chipotle has quesadillas, you just have to ask.
mjw0586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #33437
Chilltown
SuperMegaElitePoster
 
Chilltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Asgard
Posts: 39,695
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Decent pudge.

You might have to close this thread for a day or two until it stops suckin ala the BB tv thread.
Chilltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #33438
Riverman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Riverman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 73,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak View Post
public transportation in DC is pretty awesome unless you want to go to georgetown in which case it blows
Lol blatantly racist metro stop placement
Riverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #33439
tuq
TEEJ
 
tuq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Posts: 46,363
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Sandwich View Post
Today I learned that A-Rod's Cousin is a tuq gimmick:



Didn't see that one coming.
lol wut. I'm a lot of terrible things but forum-wrecking ginger is not one of them.
tuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #33440
CalledDownLight
Toonces the Posting Bot
 
CalledDownLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: DUKE FOOTBALL<DUKE BASKETBALL
Posts: 88,404
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumph36 View Post
here's a hint: if you are a tourist, you really have little ability to comment on transportation in all its forms, unless you are actually interested in the subject and know what you are talking about.
when I have gone to these cities I have stayed with friends like 90% of the time and thus use whatever their default form of transportation is. In DC that includes car, metro, and cabs. In NYC it has always been cabs because apparently none of my friends can afford to park a car in Manhattan. Dont you think prices are out of whack when it costs more to park in Manhattan than it does to rent an apt in other major cities?
CalledDownLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #33441
chim17
Snowboarding concerts and punk music
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 56,127
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Qdoba and Chiptole make exactly the same rice, beans, marinades, meats.

lol @ anyone that thinks they can tell a difference. If there is a difference it is entirely based on the fact they are around a restaurant that sucks.

I was GM of a Qdoba for awhile while buddy was GM of a Chipotle. Recipes are exactly the same. Only salsas are different, really. Qdoba has more menu options.
chim17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #33442
chim17
Snowboarding concerts and punk music
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 56,127
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

As far as the salsas -- I prefer Chipotles hot salsa to Qdobas.. and prefer Qdobas extra hot to anything Chipotle has.
chim17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #33443
tuq
TEEJ
 
tuq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Posts: 46,363
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Is someone allowed to be indifferent to qdoba or chipotle? Cuz that's about where I'm at. Love queso though...hot, melted cheese can cover up a lot of sins.
tuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:02 PM   #33444
Triumph36
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Triumph36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Osi Ukin'-yora
Posts: 40,914
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalledDownLight View Post
when I have gone to these cities I have stayed with friends like 90% of the time and thus use whatever their default form of transportation is. In DC that includes car, metro, and cabs.
But you are not commuting, and that's what the majority of travel entails.

Quote:
In NYC it has always been cabs because apparently none of my friends can afford to park a car in Manhattan. Dont you think prices are out of whack when it costs more to park in Manhattan than it does to rent an apt in other major cities?
Absolutely not. What kind of idiot needs a car in Manhattan? And by idiot, I mean someone who is presumably around your age (which I assume is mid-late 20s, without children) If you are in this demographic and are living in Manhattan and your job isn't there, you are either a moron or a millionaire.Fresh Direct is apparently something neither you nor your friends know about, but now you do. Liquor stores and convenience stores deliver also, but you don't know that either. Now you do. People already pay a ton of money in rent, why do they want to own a car (more money) and pay for insurance (even more), unless it's a luxury they can afford? Part of why New York rents are incredibly expensive but almost justifiable is that transportation is generally cheaper.
Triumph36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #33445
tuq
TEEJ
 
tuq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Posts: 46,363
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Why do you guys keep battling each other over NYC vs. Atlanta? You both have different preferences and like the places that you live. Not gonna convince each other of anything.

Should save your vitriol for places that objectively suck, like Tucson, Albuquerque, Fresno, etc.
tuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #33446
Steroid Boy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Steroid Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Backpacking Bananas
Posts: 42,156
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

dc metro is aids considering there are about 2382471084 different prices
Steroid Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:11 PM   #33447
CalledDownLight
Toonces the Posting Bot
 
CalledDownLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: DUKE FOOTBALL<DUKE BASKETBALL
Posts: 88,404
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumph36 View Post
But you are not commuting, and that's what the majority of travel entails.



Absolutely not. What kind of idiot needs a car in Manhattan? And by idiot, I mean someone who is presumably around your age (which I assume is mid-late 20s, without children) If you are in this demographic and are living in Manhattan and your job isn't there, you are either a moron or a millionaire.Fresh Direct is apparently something neither you nor your friends know about, but now you do. Liquor stores and convenience stores deliver also, but you don't know that either. Now you do. People already pay a ton of money in rent, why do they want to own a car (more money) and pay for insurance (even more), unless it's a luxury they can afford? Part of why New York rents are incredibly expensive but almost justifiable is that transportation is generally cheaper.
I know about fresh direct and have used it. I also know about getting groceries and liquor delivered. All of these services cost extra on goods that are already marked up compared to other cities.
CalledDownLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:13 PM   #33448
Triumph36
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Triumph36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Osi Ukin'-yora
Posts: 40,914
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuq View Post
Why do you guys keep battling each other over NYC vs. Atlanta? You both have different preferences and like the places that you live. Not gonna convince each other of anything.

Should save your vitriol for places that objectively suck, like Tucson, Albuquerque, Fresno, etc.
I already conceded that NYC is not for everyone, and not in a smug, hipster-y way - there's a lot that sucks about living in New York, and I'm not sure that I will live there again. I will also concede that I enjoy driving far more than riding the subway. But when someone doesn't have all the facts (like saying LOL things like riding the subway is more expensive than owning a car, or that it rains there all the time), it's at least worth educating them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steroid Boy View Post
dc metro is aids considering there are about 2382471084 different prices
yeah this. and it closes down at night. and it's not even close to as comprehensive as NYC subway system.
Triumph36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:20 PM   #33449
mjw0586
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mjw0586's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 37,375
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chim17 View Post
Qdoba and Chiptole make exactly the same rice, beans, marinades, meats.

lol @ anyone that thinks they can tell a difference. If there is a difference it is entirely based on the fact they are around a restaurant that sucks.

I was GM of a Qdoba for awhile while buddy was GM of a Chipotle. Recipes are exactly the same. Only salsas are different, really. Qdoba has more menu options.
They may make the food the same when it gets to the store, but that doesn't mean the quality of the food is all the same. Chipotle uses naturally raised meats and Qdoba doesn't. I did a taste test, and I picked the difference in meats immediately. I'm not sure about the other ingredients, but there's a definite difference in the meats used.
mjw0586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:21 PM   #33450
chim17
Snowboarding concerts and punk music
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 56,127
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw0586 View Post
They may make the food the same when it gets to the store, but that doesn't mean the quality of the food is all the same. Chipotle uses naturally raised meats and Qdoba doesn't. I did a taste test, and I picked the difference in meats immediately. I'm not sure about the other ingredients, but there's a definite difference in the meats used.
The chicken and steak delivered, at least in Colorado, were the same supplier and brand.

Also this was a few years back, so they may have changed since then. What you say could definitely be the case now.

edit: I'm sure the rice and beans are all prepared identical as of a few months ago.
chim17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive