Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Sporting Events Discussion centered around sporting events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #27601
Loretta8
knows her Big Ten
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 21,899
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

wiper, i'd advise being a co-mod for a big game with someone experienced so you can see how it works in practice before attempting your own game.

the most fun part of modding is definitely the design stage where you're brainstorming fun roles, once the game starts its a lot of work and a lot of pressure not to screw things up.
Loretta8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #27602
Krayz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Krayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 47,277
And you'll screw up anyways

Unless you're running a super standard design.
Krayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #27603
Omar Comin
fantasy failure
 
Omar Comin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: hold on we're going home
Posts: 27,358
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchererBoy View Post
was that a real artist or just a mock of jordan shoes? ****in guy was terrible and seems depressed.
philistine
Omar Comin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:24 AM   #27604
wiper
still catching up
 
wiper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA#1
Posts: 42,774
oh I'm in no danger of designing/running my own game any time soon.

maybe I will co-mod one of these upcoming games. sounds like something I'd like to do.

balancing the roles, that's gotta be the hardest, most bitched about thing right?

and scrolling for votes sounds like the WORST. lol

I do really like WW and the theory behind it. probably more than I even like playing it, which makes me figure I'll probably get around to running games eventually.

plus, like here at school whenever I'm nk'd n1 every time I'm a villa, it's awesome to sit back and watch when you know everyones roles.
wiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #27605
Steroid Boy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Steroid Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Backpacking Bananas
Posts: 42,156
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

its even more fun when you're the last wolf and somehow cleared
Steroid Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #27606
vyk07
Wants It More
 
vyk07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34,578
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

what's the timeline for the next SE ww game look like?

I know the big one in mind is the SE p0asters ww game, but since it's still in the design process, it will probably be pushed back for at least a month

There's been a clamoring for a smaller shorter game to run in the meantime. A few themes that have been recently mentioned are MLB, Survivor, Archer and draft format ww games
vyk07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #27607
vyk07
Wants It More
 
vyk07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34,578
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steroid Boy View Post
its even more fun when you're the last wolf and somehow cleared
I blame myself for stonewalling my day kill just long enough for you to have the opportunity to pop in last second and dissuade me from shooting you by going into brief detail about your fake claim

I had no idea that the neutrals were so cold blooded either

just a great all around spur of the moment sequence there
vyk07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #27608
Krayz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Krayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 47,277
I can run one if someone wants to make roles and flavor, which is the easy part.
Krayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:27 PM   #27609
vyk07
Wants It More
 
vyk07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayz View Post
I can run one if someone wants to make roles and flavor, which is the easy part.
I would like to get involved in the design process

If we end up doing Survivor, I have a ton of source material that can be used for flavor

If I remember correctly, exec would want to co-mod
vyk07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #27610
chim17
Snowboarding concerts and punk music
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 56,127
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyk07 View Post
I blame myself for stonewalling my day kill just long enough for you to have the opportunity to pop in last second and dissuade me from shooting you by going into brief detail about your fake claim

I had no idea that the neutrals were so cold blooded either

just a great all around spur of the moment sequence there
I'm going to Mexico for the middle of month and Noze is out of town after.

I think we're gonna run it end of May.

Definitely have time for someone to throw something together if they want.
chim17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #27611
Chilltown
SuperMegaElitePoster
 
Chilltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Asgard
Posts: 39,695
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

I wanna run a Buffy mishmash similar to The Wire game with in thread FIGHTS instead of attacks which I think would be cool.
Chilltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #27612
vyk07
Wants It More
 
vyk07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34,578
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilltown View Post
I wanna run a Buffy mishmash similar to The Wire game with in thread FIGHTS instead of attacks which I think would be cool.
Chill, what's your reception to a decent sized Survivor vanilla++ game with a high kill rate

Chim mentioned running the SE p0asters game at the end of May, so we have a 2 week gap to potentially run Survivor as SE ww 7.0

I could design it while krayz and exec could mod it
vyk07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #27613
dkgojackets
DKGOAT
 
dkgojackets's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 86,128
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilltown View Post
I wanna run a Buffy mishmash similar to The Wire game with in thread FIGHTS instead of attacks which I think would be cool.
in-thread duels make games elite
dkgojackets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #27614
kidcolin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kidcolin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: thank god for the hatchery
Posts: 108,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loretta8 View Post
wiper, i'd advise being a co-mod for a big game with someone experienced so you can see how it works in practice before attempting your own game.

the most fun part of modding is definitely the design stage where you're brainstorming fun roles, once the game starts its a lot of work and a lot of pressure not to screw things up.
You're doing it wrong. The most fun part is trolling the wolves in wolf chat.
kidcolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #27615
Chilltown
SuperMegaElitePoster
 
Chilltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Asgard
Posts: 39,695
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyk07 View Post
Chill, what's your reception to a decent sized Survivor vanilla++ game with a high kill rate

Chim mentioned running the SE p0asters game at the end of May, so we have a 2 week gap to potentially run Survivor as SE ww 7.0

I could design it while krayz and exec could mod it
I'm cool with vanilla++ cause I find vanilla games just not interesting.

You might be able to make it a mishmash if you get enough people.

You could recruit people from OOTV and POG.

I'd love to help mod a game too.
Chilltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #27616
vyk07
Wants It More
 
vyk07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34,578
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcolin View Post
You're doing it wrong. The most fun part is trolling the wolves in wolf chat.
I fondly remember BAIDS "randomizing" the kicker flips while we sat in wolf chat and waited for the results with anticipation during SE ww 3.0

BAIDS set the gold standard in that modding department
vyk07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:23 PM   #27617
RT
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
RT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 42,933
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

So right now it would be something like:
Early May-Buffy/Suvivor smallish game (Vanilla+)
Late May/Early June-SE Posters game (not to nitpick, but this is kind of SE WW 2.1)
Early July-Baseball

That seems like a really good schedule, especially if the Poster game starts in Early June
RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:29 PM   #27618
tuq
TEEJ
 
tuq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Posts: 46,363
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

p0sters
tuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:29 PM   #27619
vyk07
Wants It More
 
vyk07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34,578
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilltown View Post
I'm cool with vanilla++ cause I find vanilla games just not interesting.

You might be able to make it a mishmash if you get enough people.

You could recruit people from OOTV and POG.

I'd love to help mod a game too.
A 10 day window to design and organize this game should be sufficient. We would be looking at a start date of around May 7th and it should go no longer than the 20th

If this goes off with the Survivor theme as planned, we will undoubtedly get some new blood from OOTV

I'll try to get krayz, exec, and you together on skype sometime this week so we can discuss design elements and mod responsibilities
vyk07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #27620
Steroid Boy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Steroid Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Backpacking Bananas
Posts: 42,156
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilltown View Post
I'm cool with vanilla++ cause I find vanilla games just not interesting.

You might be able to make it a mishmash if you get enough people.

You could recruit people from OOTV and POG.

I'd love to help mod a game too.
nooooooooooooooooooooooo

the last thing we need is p.hil and c.lo.vis to find SE
Steroid Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #27621
Chilltown
SuperMegaElitePoster
 
Chilltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Asgard
Posts: 39,695
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Fresh blood to troll.
Chilltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:51 PM   #27622
vyk07
Wants It More
 
vyk07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34,578
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steroid Boy View Post
nooooooooooooooooooooooo

the last thing we need is p.hil and c.lo.vis to find SE
p.hil doesn't watch Survivor and c.lo.vis has stopped watching Survivor out of principle after CBS showed a 5 second clip of one of the tribes thanking the lord for the feast that they won in a reward challenge
vyk07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:57 PM   #27623
sylar
Ivan Drago's homeslice
 
sylar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Znaroks fan club
Posts: 20,311
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilltown View Post
I wanna run a Buffy mishmash similar to The Wire game with in thread FIGHTS instead of attacks which I think would be cool.
i'd like to play in one that's much smaller size. i am for sure going to participate in a Firefly WW should there ever be another one, and it's not all poggers.
sylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #27624
ikestoys
banned
 
ikestoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: and don't vote trump/sanders
Posts: 94,444
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

I don't post much in OOT, but who would p.hil choose to follow along in SE?
ikestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #27625
Loretta8
knows her Big Ten
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 21,899
Re: SE FAQ, Liveblog and Forum Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyk07 View Post
p.hil doesn't watch Survivor and c.lo.vis has stopped watching Survivor out of principle after CBS showed a 5 second clip of one of the tribes thanking the lord for the feast that they won in a reward challenge
what a *****
Loretta8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive